Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Forehead wrinkles folks…

I’m considering baby Botox because my forehead wrinkles are really starting to make me feel a bit insecure (I wouldn’t notice them on anyone else, it’s entirely about me!). But because I get to there, does anyone have any holy grail moisturisers/ tips? The big thing for me is when I put my foundation on (Nars)the lines seem super obvious, so it could also be a foundation issue so if anyone has hydrating moisturiser tips they would be lovely too 😂
I’m not quite 30 yet so would like to put off the Botox for a little while longer if I can 😬
It’s not foundation or moisturiser recommendation but I really rate The Ordinary Argireline 10%

I’ve been putting a little bit in my hand then dab it over my forehead lines, crows feet and smile lines once or twice a day. My forehead lines are most prominent and after about a month I definitely started to notice them fading. (I’m 32 for reference)

I’m on my second bottle now… would definitely recommend giving it a go before the botox route!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I am a fashion stylist in a major department store. I would recommend always buying things you LOVE, looking after your skin (like, really well, even the shittest makeup looks great on good skin. SPF is your best friend), ditching any sort of Russian lashes/brow lamination, and just being the best version of YOU.

for my skin, I always double cleanse with an emollient balm (beauty pie super healthy skin), every other night I use liquid gold (or any decent glycolic), follow with a good serum (I use beauty pie youthbomb because I’m in my 40s and can’t afford la prairie), and a good moisturiser (mine is Claudalie resveratrol).

In terms of fashion; colours, shapes etc are all bollocks as long as you love what you’re wearing. I was taught about seasonal colours for people and dressing for a certain body shape and it’s rubbish. The most stylish people are the ones who wear what they love and love what they wear. Forget age, gender and size, and just pick pieces that make you smile. Happiness and confidence are the most stylish things.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I have 3 kids - youngest is 3 and I feel like I’ve completely lost myself. I look tired, run down and frumpy. I’m only 34 but look 44.

I don’t know where to start to start taking care of myself more.

Any tips would be amazing, particularly with black puffy under eyes xxx

Reactions: 3
I have 3 kids - youngest is 3 and I feel like I’ve completely lost myself. I look tired, run down and frumpy. I’m only 34 but look 44.

I don’t know where to start to start taking care of myself more.

Any tips would be amazing, particularly with black puffy under eyes xxx
I'd start with your diet. Lots of fresh fruit, veg and plenty of water. Try and get some extra steps in throughout the day whenever you can. Dunno if you do but I cut down smoking weed loads and the difference was amazing albeit shocking.

Reactions: 3
I've read lots about the shreddy peach iced tea - anyone used this/ recommend this?

Yeah it's just a mix of vitamins in powder form. There are a few supplement options at Holland and Barrett with similar lists too.

I’ve always wanted to love the Brazilian bum bum cream but never been a fan of it, but the other day I got a sample of the bom dia bright cream (in the pink pot) and I’m in love! Bought the full sized one straight away and would fully recommend, smells so good and the scent last way longer than the bum bum cream imo.

Reactions: 9
I’ve always wanted to love the Brazilian bum bum cream but never been a fan of it, but the other day I got a sample of the bom dia bright cream (in the pink pot) and I’m in love! Bought the full sized one straight away and would fully recommend, smells so good and the scent last way longer than the bum bum cream imo.
My skin reacted to the Brazilian bum bum cream, was so disappointed! It's very perfumed which I think caused it for me.

Morning Tattlers,
Feeling like an absolute potato - really struggle with the school holidays and having zero routine! So want to treat myself - I suffer with dry skin and when I apply my makeup, I get dry patches - someone said I would be best off using cream products? So... could I have you best cream product suggestions... Bronzer & Blush! I have olive skin, so colour names or codes would be a bonus! 😝

Reactions: 1
What is Brazilian bum bum cream 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Morning Tattlers,
Feeling like an absolute potato - really struggle with the school holidays and having zero routine! So want to treat myself - I suffer with dry skin and when I apply my makeup, I get dry patches - someone said I would be best off using cream products? So... could I have you best cream product suggestions... Bronzer & Blush! I have olive skin, so colour names or codes would be a bonus! 😝
I've recently bought BPerfect Cronzer in shade Swarthy and it's a gorgeous easy to apply. I've the Chanel les beiges bronzer and I nearly prefer this! I like the Sculpted cream bronzer and cream blush too. Both lovely and glowy 🥰

Hi guys, been lurking on this thread for a while and I have been loving the advice. I’ve been a SAHM for the past 3ish years and went back to work just after Christmas. I’ve actually really enjoyed it and managed to get myself a bit of a social life in those 4 months 😅 there’s two nights out coming up this month and I’m dreading them. I’ve not really worn makeup for the best of over 4 years since I was pregnant let alone go on a full blown night out

Has anyone got any tips for nice easy make up tips? I don’t even really have any makeup as all I wear is a bit of mascara and concealer. Does anyone have any cheap make up recommendations also? Thank you so much. Just want to look half presentable for my nights out 🤣 rather than looking like Ive been dragged through a hedge backwards like i usually do!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hi guys, been lurking on this thread for a while and I have been loving the advice. I’ve been a SAHM for the past 3ish years and went back to work just after Christmas. I’ve actually really enjoyed it and managed to get myself a bit of a social life in those 4 months 😅 there’s two nights out coming up this month and I’m dreading them. I’ve not really worn makeup for the best of over 4 years since I was pregnant let alone go on a full blown night out

Has anyone got any tips for nice easy make up tips? I don’t even really have any makeup as all I wear is a bit of mascara and concealer. Does anyone have any cheap make up recommendations also? Thank you so much. Just want to look half presentable for my nights out 🤣 rather than looking like Ive been dragged through a hedge backwards like i usually do!
Wow that’s so much change in a few months- well done for navigating it all!! I really rate the ELF range, it’s very affordable. Started using it when I cancelled my Beauty Pie and the products are better quality and a lot cheaper.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Well done you! Wow, good for you! I love the Sculpted by Aimee stuff and they do super easy tutorials on their Instagram.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
What is Brazilian bum bum cream 👀
Link here:

---

How about starting off with either a tinted moisturiser, bronzer or some blush? Superdrug has loads of reasonably priced make up I like Revolution, Barry M, Collection and Bourjois is made in the same factory as Chanel, I think you can only buy it online now. I don’t like all of the products from those brands, just trail and error trying different products.

If you don’t wear loads of a make up just enhance the features you like for example if you have nice eyes a good mascara or lips a good lippy/gloss 💄

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.