Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do a full body/haircare session on Sunday evenings (partly to distract myself from Sunday Scaries) and am really looking forward to it today! I recently bought one of the Turkish mitts recommended on here and wanna see how much dead skin gets sloughed off 😂

Here's my list for later:
- paint toenails, maybe fingernails if I'm feeling it
- shower: exfoliate with my new mitt, hair mask, full shave (the whole leg; don't have time in the week)
- epilate arms
- cover myself from the neck down in Nivea Soft (I have sensitive skin and never react to this)
- dermaplane lower half of face (I just discovered this last week and regret not doing it sooner! Amazing results!!!)
- time for The Ordinary (this is every night though): Marine Hyaluronics, followed by Niacinamide 10% Zinc 1%, followed by Multi-Peptide Eye Serum and one of the many eye creams I've accumlated
- Clinique Moisture Surge on top of that (spenny but I buy 2 gift sets when they're on offer and they last me a year or so)
- spray a little Twilight by Lush over the bed before getting into it. I wash my bedding every Sunday morning so I 1)get out of it and 2)have a clean bed to look forward to before getting back to work on Monday

It varies, I might throw a facemask in or tint my eyebrows, but the above applies every Sunday evening. Do any of you have a Sunday pamper sesh to distract from Monday morning?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
I do a full body/haircare session on Sunday evenings (partly to distract myself from Sunday Scaries) and am really looking forward to it today! I recently bought one of the Turkish mitts recommended on here and wanna see how much dead skin gets sloughed off 😂

- shower: exfoliate with my new mitt, hair mask, full shave (the whole leg; don't have time in the week)
- epilate arms
- cover myself from the neck down in Nivea Soft (I have sensitive skin and never react to this)
- dermaplane lower half of face (I just discovered this last week and regret not doing it sooner! Amazing results!!!)
- time for The Ordinary (this is every night though): Marine Hyaluronics, followed by Niacinamide 10% Zinc 1%, followed by Multi-Peptide Eye Serum and one of the many eye creams I've accumlated
- Clinique Moisture Surge on top of that (spenny but I buy 2 gift sets when they're on offer and they last me a year or so)
- spray a little Twilight by Lush over the bed before getting into it. I wash my bedding every Sunday morning so I 1)get out of it and 2)have a clean bed to look forward to before getting back to work on Monday

It varies, I might throw a facemask in or tint my eyebrows, but the above applies every Sunday evening. Do any of you have a Sunday pamper sesh to distract from Monday morning?
Wow, no I don't but you make me wish I did!!! 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Wow, no I don't but you make me wish I did!!! 🤣🤣
I acknowledge it's easier for me than others as I'm single and don't have kids, which means no one cares if I'm in the bathroom for a couple of hours 😂 started doing it because I hate the "homework night" feeling that Sunday evening gives and needed a distraction to pull my mood up. Added a couple of extra bits to the Sunday evening hairwash, kept adding, and here we are!...

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’ve just started using Paula’s Choice skincare and it’s AMAZING. Every morning I cleanse, tone and moisturise and in the evening I double cleanse (Micellar water first), serum and moisturise. Twice a week I use their exfoliant. I’ve also started to use Vita gradual tan on my whole body twice a week and the colour is gorgeous. My boyfriend told me my skin was glowing yesterday (not prompted 😂) so I must be doing something right!

Other things I do/have…

Nails done every three weeks
Hair extensions and a refit every 6 weeks
Eyebrows/eyelash perm every 6 weeks
Botox in my masseter every 9 months

and I’m about to start Invisalign this week!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’ve just started using Paula’s Choice skincare and it’s AMAZING. Every morning I cleanse, tone and moisturise and in the evening I double cleanse (Micellar water first), serum and moisturise. Twice a week I use their exfoliant. I’ve also started to use Vita gradual tan on my whole body twice a week and the colour is gorgeous. My boyfriend told me my skin was glowing yesterday (not prompted 😂) so I must be doing something right!

Other things I do/have…

Hey can I ask about your botox if you don't mind!? I plan on getting it done this summer once I am no longer pregnant (and 100% done having babies) and want to get my forhead done but I would to know your reason for getting your masseter done? What is the benefit? Does it refine your jaw line?

Reactions: 1
Do any of you have a Sunday pamper sesh to distract from Monday morning?
I do too! Start usually around 4-5pm (after brunch/movie/museums with friends, when the sunday scaries start 😆)
- 'Eyebrow tidy'
- Epilate everything that needs to be
- Hand and feet care
- Massage (usually just before bed, it knocks me out)
- DIY facial
- Sometimes, self tan

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hey can I ask about your botox if you don't mind!? I plan on getting it done this summer once I am no longer pregnant (and 100% done having babies) and want to get my forhead done but I would to know your reason for getting your masseter done? What is the benefit? Does it refine your jaw line?
Yeah - I naturally have a square (manly) jawline. If you clench your teeth together and touch the sides of your cheeks, you’ll feel the masseter muscle. Mine was very large and too pronounced. The Botox relaxes that muscle and in turn has slimmed my face and given it a more feminine look. It’s the only Botox I’ve had but it’s worth it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yeah - I naturally have a square (manly) jawline. If you clench your teeth together and touch the sides of your cheeks, you’ll feel the masseter muscle. Mine was very large and too pronounced. The Botox relaxes that muscle and in turn has slimmed my face and given it a more feminine look. It’s the only Botox I’ve had but it’s worth it.
Oh wow okay, I would consider getting that myself actually! Have you been getting it done long?

Other things I do/have…

Some great recommendations here, thank you! (I've already googled the Vita tan and it's £6.50 off at Boots 👀 may need to add this to Sunday evenings!)

Congrats on starting Invisalign too - new trays will always feel sore for a day or two but the confidence and freedom to smile genuinely and without feeling self-conscious makes it so worth it ❤

Last edited:
Reactions: 2

- epilate arms

Mine isn’t usually on a Sunday (shift work!) but mine is;
Get hair wet and apply mask for an hour
Bath- shave legs (I have laser on my underarm and Brazilian), wash hair, scrub old tan off
Take all ear piercings out to give them a clean
Dye and laminate brows once a month
Tattilashes take off and new application
Dermaplane once a month or so
Apply The Ordinary products
Apply Skin & Me
Moisturise face with Skin Food
Exfoliate lips with Lush scrub, apply lip oil
Facial tanning drops
Fake tan body
Teeth whitening strips if I have any
Dry, straighten and apply oil to hair and colour wow spray- takes an age to dry as I have 24 inch extensions!

• Heart
Reactions: 11

- epilate arms

Ohh I love reading about your Sunday pamper routine. Thanks for sharing! I don't have one pre-planned but I really should to make sure I get to do everything I want to 😅

---

Would love to hear recommendations for gradual tanners. I haven't used one for ages but want to add a bit of colour to my winter-pasty skin! Shall work my way up to a proper tan product and thought it might be wise to start with gradual?

• Heart
I’ve had masseter Botox and it’s great for slimming your face slightly however ive noticed it wears off a lot quicker than Botox in my forehead does
---
Also love reading everyone’s Sunday routines !!

Reactions: 2

- epilate arms

I love this! Can I ask what face wash/shower gel you use for sensitive skin? Thank you!

• Heart

Other things I do/have…

Sorry if this is out of line and genuinely no shade intended but how do people afford all these treatments? I wonder if I’m majorly going wrong with money somewhere sometimes.

I had a facial mole removed at a private clinic and I have Invisalign somewhere that does lots of other cosmetic treatments and I see women coming out looking fabulous having had various treatments but it costs loads. I earn decentish money but just couldn’t afford to be getting loads done and wouldn’t want to start getting it done as a one off and then not able to maintain it. At least with Invisalign I figured the costs are pretty finite. Once I’m done I only have to keep paying for the night retainers.

Reactions: 6
Sorry if this is out of line and genuinely no shade intended but how do people afford all these treatments? I wonder if I’m majorly going wrong with money somewhere sometimes.

I had a facial mole removed at a private clinic and I have Invisalign somewhere that does lots of other cosmetic treatments and I see women coming out looking fabulous having had various treatments but it costs loads. I earn decentish money but just couldn’t afford to be getting loads done and wouldn’t want to start getting it done as a one off and then not able to maintain it. At least with Invisalign I figured the costs are pretty finite. Once I’m done I only have to keep paying for the night retainers.
I could afford all this is if I didn’t have a horse

• Haha
  • Heart
I could afford all this is if I didn’t have a horse
I pay for music lessons and band rehearsals & am paying off a musical instrument. Invisalign I think I’m paying off til October. Then I’m saving for a holiday and will start paying towards a new kitchen shortly. Not a lot else in the kitty beyond monthly skincare. I’d love to have my eyebrows sorted, regularly get my nails done & have regular facials too but feel like I’d need a lottery win.

Reactions: 5

Nails are £25, brows/lashes are £40 and my hair refit is £30. I don’t find £95 per 6 weeks ish on treating myself a lot, but I also don’t have kids so all my money is mine! Yes the Invisalign was expensive, and so is Botox but I work hard and I like feeling good.

Oh I’ve also had a nose job too!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.