Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My skin is the same, I’m an oil slick by lunch time! I find using a matte setting spray before putting makeup on helps a little but I haven’t found anything that stops the oils coming through. As I get older I’ve learnt to embrace the sweaty shine 😂
I’m also a shiny person but I’ve found the charlotte tilbury airbrush flawless powder to work wonders! Keeps me relatively matt most of the day ☺

Reactions: 4
I just got my eyebrows microbladed 😸 it didn't hurt at all, didn't feel a thing! They look so nice.
I'm so excited for after they heal!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm 4 days in to stopping weed completely and the night sweats are destroying my hair already. My hair is waist length. Considering chopping most of it off but I get married in a few months. What to do....

Reactions: 3
I'm 4 days in to stopping weed completely and the night sweats are destroying my hair already. My hair is waist length. Considering chopping most of it off but I get married in a few months. What to do....
Well done you! That sounds really hard 🫠
I think the withdrawals start to abate by the two week mark but in the meantime maybe sleeping with your hair wrapped in a silk scarf (or hair bonnet thing if you have one!) would help?

• Heart
Reactions: 6

How often do you wash your hair? Sweat is salty and oily and even if you normally don’t wash daily, it could make sense to do it for now, just to get rid of everything in the morning and then putting on conditioner.
Don’t chop anything just yet, I’m sure a lot can be done with regular hair care and a trim might all be you need in a few weeks.
Good luck for both your hair and your weed-free journey!

• Heart
How often do you wash your hair? Sweat is salty and oily and even if you normally don’t wash daily, it could make sense to do it for now, just to get rid of everything in the morning and then putting on conditioner.
Don’t chop anything just yet, I’m sure a lot can be done with regular hair care and a trim might all be you need in a few weeks.
Good luck for both your hair and your weed-free journey!
I wash every 2-3 days normally. I do need to wash it before I go out today its so manky lol. Just hoping washing it so much doesn't cause it damage as its fine and thin as it is.
---
Well done you! That sounds really hard 🫠
I think the withdrawals start to abate by the two week mark but in the meantime maybe sleeping with your hair wrapped in a silk scarf (or hair bonnet thing if you have one!) would help?
I have silk cushions but I may have to treat myself to a nice silk mulberry bonnet. I've seen a few sets on vinted with pillowcase, scrunchie and bonnets for like £35.

Reactions: 7
Anyone got any tips for stopping your face getting shiny through the day? I'm at my wit's end :( it's always been oily but I thought as I got older and changed some products around I'd find something that would work but literally nothing has. My makeup will look lovely in the morning and then 3 hours later I'm shining like the bleeping beacon of Gondor. I'm currently using lancome teiny idole foundation, have used Bobbi brown longwear in the past but started finding it too heavy. Moisturizer is LRP effaclar duo +, the effaclar matte didn't do anything, tried the toleraine one in case that one was too light and my skin was overcompensating but that was way too heavy... I hear silicone based primers can help but the last time I used one I got horrible cystic spots! Other than that I'm using NYX hd powder and setting spray but I've used Laura Mercier powder and the urban decay setting spray too with no improvement. Just so tired of needing to use blotting papers every 5 mins :( Tia! I'll try anything at this point x
I live in a humid climate and keep a Revlon Volcanic Roller in my bag, works a treat! There’s lots of different brands making them now.

Reactions: 1
Thank you. I’ve got a liberty gift voucher and it’s burning a hole in my pocket 🤣
Morning!! Delighted to report that I love it! Purchased the natural colour and have used it on top of my foundation and have also tried it under. Applies beautifully and my skin is glowing. I appreciate that reviews are mixed but I have no regrets!

ETA: Jones Road Balm

Last edited:
Morning!! Delighted to report that I love it! Purchased the natural colour and have used it on top of my foundation and have also tried it under. Applies beautifully and my skin is glowing. I appreciate that reviews are mixed but I have no regrets!

ETA: Jones Road Balm
Thanks for reporting back. Does it apply strangely which seems to be the main deterrent?

Thanks for reporting back. Does it apply strangely which seems to be the main deterrent?
It’s a solid but you break it with your finger and let it melt in your hands. Once it’s melted, it goes on like liquid highlighter. It feels a bit odd because I don’t think there is anything else quite like it on the market!

I got it as well, wouldn’t rate it, it’s just like a moisturiser didn’t make my skin look any better
I don't enjoy the smell and I haven't found that it makes a particularly good base for make up (the revolution CT miracle cream) but my friend's skin looks amazing with it so was worth a try for £6.66 (on offer). I've still yet to try the CT one but this has put me off a bit.

I use CT Hollywood flawless filter as a foundation (I don’t like matte ones), and cream blushers/highlighters seem to slide off. I’m wondering if this will be the case with the Jones road balm… 😕

It’s a solid but you break it with your finger and let it melt in your hands. Once it’s melted, it goes on like liquid highlighter. It feels a bit odd because I don’t think there is anything else quite like it on the market!
Does it feel sticky on your skin? I haven't seen it IRL but that solid formulation makes me imagine it would feel like that.

Does it feel sticky on your skin? I haven't seen it IRL but that solid formulation makes me imagine it would feel like that.
A little bit but I blogged off the excess (still getting to grips with how much to us) and it’s fine. Dewy not greasy.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.