Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I swear by the Give me retinol range skincare especially when it's on offer for the set. I used to use no7 protect and perfect intense and found it had no effect. The give me range is amazing I'm noticing such a difference and I'm 48. I add a few inkey list products (collagen peptide and occasionaly the vit c) and an spf as give me doesn't have an spf. Lots of people have commented on the difference in my skin. Have just found this thread, tempted to try the UK lash but I have very sensitive eyes, how do people find it?

Also I can only.wear closed toe sandel for work but I can't find any trendy ones any tips? I live in flip flops in summer and boots in the winter. Found trainers too hot for work last year
What about espadrilles?

Reactions: 1
Me too - just one small patch.
What do you use? Any recommendations?
I use inkey list oat cleanser, the ordinary hylarounic acid, ordinary borage seed oil & ordinary vit c serum and superdrug own brand (oat I think? Beige packaging) moisture (it has spf in)
Does anyone have any recommendations for make up brush sets? I have lots of random bits and always just buy stuff if it’s on sale as I’m terrible at washing them, so I normally just throw away and re buy. So not too expensive too!
I'm a basic witch and use spectrum brushes
---

Reactions: 1
Will cutting my long thin hair make it look thicker? Just straggly and can't do anything nice with it. Feel like such a woman with it 90% of the time. Just attached to the length. But feel it's time now.

Reactions: 2
Will cutting my long thin hair make it look thicker? Just straggly and can't do anything nice with it. Feel like such a woman with it 90% of the time. Just attached to the length. But feel it's time now.
Mine looks and feels 100% thicker since cutting it above shoulder length. I don't think I'll ever go back!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Mine looks and feels 100% thicker since cutting it above shoulder length. I don't think I'll ever go back!
How long was it before? Mines nearly waist length. I've been so attached to it for so long but I'm getting married soon and just want to feel abit more prettier.

I have the actual Jo malone poppy and barley perfume and I hate the smell 😭 the first spray is gorgeous but the dry down is an overwhelming smell of barley and it’s just awful. Honestly can’t make myself use it 😭 I wonder if the aldi dupe is better?

I want to sell it on my vinted but they won’t allow used products 🥲
why don’t you pop it on the prohibited Facebook page?
---
Thanks for all the brush recommendations! I use real techniques and primark at the minute both are fine, I think my make up is ok so I’ll continue with them but check out the other recommendations. Was just more seeing if there was a better brand out there!
I’ve had Chanel brushes in the past and for the price I way prefer my primark ones. I still have the foundation brush but I don’t use it as much as my others.

Personally I think thin hair looks much better shorter. Mine is quite thin and fine, it looks much better if I keep it to shoulder length or shorter and I can still do stuff with it at that length. Any longer and it’s just rat’s tails!

• Heart
Personally I think thin hair looks much better shorter. Mine is quite thin and fine, it looks much better if I keep it to shoulder length or shorter and I can still do stuff with it at that length. Any longer and it’s just rat’s tails!
I've tried everything to try help it so I can keep it long. My mother used to cut my hair off as a punishment as a child so as I got older I've kept it very long as a kind of duck you to her. But I'm ready now, just hoping I don't cut alot of it off and regret it.

• Heart
My hairdresser advised me to use a good quality Shampoo and condition as my hair had no shine. So I bought the green kerastase shampoo and conditioner after reading amazing reviews online. I’ve used it 3/4 times now but I’ve found it’s made the top of my hair frizzy, has anyone else had this?
The green one is the strengthening one so contains lots of protein. You perhaps need a range which is more moisturising such as the discipline one if the issue is frizz as the other poster suggested, else the nutritive or elixir ranges. There are several options.

I've tried everything to try help it so I can keep it long. My mother used to cut my hair off as a punishment as a child so as I got older I've kept it very long as a kind of duck you to her. But I'm ready now, just hoping I don't cut alot of it off and regret it.
I wonder if the Dempsey and Makepeace haircut would suit you. It was quite the thing back in the day.
1682370139942.png

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Other than minor trims, my hair had never been cut. The week before my 21st birthday I had the lot cut off going from waist length to really short. Big mistake to go so drastic! I cried my eyes out when I got home. If you’re unsure perhaps go from waist to shoulder length, you can always have more off if you like it but you can’t put it back.

• Heart
How long was it before? Mines nearly waist length. I've been so attached to it for so long but I'm getting married soon and just want to feel abit more prettier.
Mine was bra band length, then a couple of inches shorter than that for a while. After cutting mine to collarbone length I discovered my hair was decently curly (rather than just the fuzzy mess I'd always thought it was) so I'm treating it better now I understand it better, and have actually gone a bit shorter to complement that. But yeah, getting rid of dead ends makes your hair visually thicker but nothing could have prepared me for how much nicer and healthier it would feel and how much easier it would be to manage. I used to keep mine tied back 95% of the time because i could do nothing with it - now I can spend 3 or 4 minutes styling and have a great hair day 🙂
Edit to add, chat to your hairdresser about it! They should be able to manage your expectations and come up with something that will work for you. Ask them what's the longest length they can leave it while still removing most of the damaged hair - see if that's something you can work with. And remember there's always extensions and hairpieces to add volume and length for the wedding day if that's what you want!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Mad Hippie eye cream! My skin concerns are hydration. Sometimes I will use my regular face cream under my eye. If I use a thicker /heavier face cream because my skin is feel especially dry that day, I prefer to use an eye cream.
---

Ooh that’s nice! Does the haircut have a name?
I don’t know sorry 😟
There are a few good angles on her MUA @jennakristina if you want to show them to your stylist. It’s pinned on her profile x

I don’t know sorry 😟
There are a few good angles on her MUA @jennakristina if you want to show them to your stylist. It’s pinned on her profile x
👈 The stylist 😅

I follow Brad Mondo videos. I am home so much that there’s not Much at stake if it goes wrong 😊 Thank you for the tip though!

👈 The stylist 😅

I follow Brad Mondo videos. I am home so much that there’s not Much at stake if it goes wrong 😊 Thank you for the tip though!
Ohhhhh good luck 🤞🏽
Hair always grows if it doesn’t go quite to plan!

I’ll check out his videos, I need my fringe trimmed and been umming and aaahing about trying to do it myself (as it will be easier in the long run), but then I get flashbacks to when I tried to give myself a fringe when I was 8 😂

I have the actual Jo malone poppy and barley perfume and I hate the smell 😭 the first spray is gorgeous but the dry down is an overwhelming smell of barley and it’s just awful. Honestly can’t make myself use it 😭 I wonder if the aldi dupe is better?

I want to sell it on my vinted but they won’t allow used products 🥲
Sell it on Depop. I've bought lots of used perfumes there.

Ohhhhh good luck 🤞🏽
Hair always grows if it doesn’t go quite to plan!

I’ll check out his videos, I need my fringe trimmed and been umming and aaahing about trying to do it myself (as it will be easier in the long run), but then I get flashbacks to when I tried to give myself a fringe when I was 8 😂
Yeah it can always grow back & I’m learning a new skill plus saving money I’d spend on the hairdresser. I always felt like I was being blackmailed with their prices 😅 I can’t recall if he’s done a bangs one but it’s worth checking out! He’s really good at breaking down the process 💇🏻‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.