Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

50sGirl

VIP Member
Clarkson is far more popular amongst most British people now than Meghan. While after the trashing the ungrateful Duchess and her husband gave the royal family that made them who can blame the Queen Consort for having a chuckle at Clarkson’s article and why shouldn’t she go to lunch with him and Morgan? Meghan is quite happy to use Scobie and even Oprah for her purposes
Come on TYL, I’m a Royalist and I don’t like Meghan but Clarkson’s article was abhorrent. It is indefensible. Surely you’re not too blinkered to see that?
I also very much doubt Camilla would chuckle at it. It was a disgusting piece of writing.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Popcorn&Peanuts

0_Emily-Clarksons-Instagram-story.jpg

Emily Clarkson, Jeremy Clarkson's daughter, posted the above on her IG.

She brilliantly articulated what I've been trying to say which is I don't particularly care about these two as individuals but I strongly object to what I see as mass bullying of two humans.

Nothing...absolutely NOTHING...warrants any of what that vile man has said.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Isa_Drennan

VIP Member
100% this! You can not keep behaving in a way that constantly attracts negative press and feedback when you’re supposed to be the backbone of the U.K. & almost everyone of the Royals, at some point, has behaved awfully.

The constant competition between Harry & Meghan & William & Kate really irks me. It’s as if you have to choose a side. You can actually like both or you can criticise both. You can like one and actually be impartial or unbiased on the other. But it’s all very much a huge hate campaign against both couples, I struggle to understand why people get so out of sorts over them. It’s not like you’re average Tattle story where they’ve ripped someone off, lied about surgery or filters or not classed an Ad, an Ad! People actually froth at the mouth over them. I just don’t get that.
I’m the polar opposite with this than you. I can understand people tattling about royals more than celebs and influencers. Celebs and influencers are very easy to ignore if you want to, following them is a choice. We don’t have to support their lifestyle, give them senior positions of state just for making it through the birth canal, curtesy to them and call them royal highness. Anyone one who unironically uses a title like royal highness is worth-a-watching in my book. I don’t tattle about either couple as I generally don’t find them interesting enough to want to discuss them. I tend to only venture over here when it’s royal overload and I’m getting sick of the sight of them.

I spent time in care after a dreadful childhood. The years of abject neglect ended with my alcoholic mother dying on our kitchen floor after she’d taking another severe beating from her current shit boyfriend. There were no adults there for us before during or after her death, I am so f*cking sick of Harry’s shit and the poor little Harry narrative that surrounds him. My brother and I went on to make something of our lives and truly have broken the cycle. That will never happen with Harry no matter how much therapy he has because he’s in a loving, committed and lifelong relationship with his victimhood.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33

Multi-21

VIP Member
Clarkson is far more popular amongst most British people now than Meghan. While after the trashing the ungrateful Duchess and her husband gave the royal family that made them who can blame the Queen Consort for having a chuckle at Clarkson’s article and why shouldn’t she go to lunch with him and Morgan? Meghan is quite happy to use Scobie and even Oprah for her purposes
I know you are a staunch supporter of the royal family, but Clarkson’s article is pretty indefensible. Take out Meghan’s name and make it about any other woman and would it be be worth a chuckle? Her ‘crimes’ do not equate to Rose West level of hatred

Reactions: 31

Popcorn&Peanuts

Could you imagine if Clarkson had said this about Kate? The likes of the Mail would be complaining about it on the front page and they'd be trying to force an apology
1. It would NEVER have been printed in the first place

2. On the miniscule possibility it was printed, both the editor and Clarkson would have lost their jobs

3. The Sun would probably be sued

4. Criminal charges for inciting violence or some other applicable charge would be brought against the newspaper

5. Every national newspaper and morning talk show would be calling for an official apology

6. Clarkson would be cancelled

Let's not forget that Kensington Palace actually got Tatler to redact unflattering parts of their 'Catherine the Great' article. The RF are 100% capable of hitting back and manipulating the media whenever they want...they're just not gauche enough to do it overtly like Harry and Meghan. 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 29

Falkor

VIP Member
Just saw this on Twitter, Princess Elizabeth and Queen Mary - amazing photo!

20221214_232527.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 28

travelbug20

I think the whole Meghan/Harry/Andrew thing is a great highlight of how people like to pass off behaviour because "someone else has done worse".

Andrew is a piece of shi*t and we all know it. He should be sent to the highlands to live out his days in the remote wilderness. We all know HMQ was blind to his faults and I hope Charles will stand firm and keep him away. Some would argue that for a man like Andrew, having to keep out of the spotlight, losing his titles and royal protection (aka a symbol of his status) is the worst punishment possible (and yes, before anyone says, I am aware he is still living an immensely privileged life)

The problem is that in my opinion Harry and Meghan have behaved awfully. No where near on the level of Andrew but I can't stand the cohort who push the Andrew agenda whenever something negative is said about them. "What about Prince Andrew?" what about him?? If we're talking about Meghan bullying staff, what does Prince Andrew have to do with anything? You can be appalled, albeit on different levels, by all three of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

stardust21

VIP Member
IMO Archie and Lili have the best of the two worlds. Cameras constantly flashing and scrutinising your every move. I’d prefer for my childhood to be kept private if I were them. I know the press are generally kind to the Wales children but they (along with Lili and Archie) still get trolled online. Nothing can fully protect them. I’d prefer to be kept out of the limelight and be allowed to get on with my life without the pressure of being the future king or their sibling. Archie and Lili now have the opportunity to live a relatively normal childhood without all the scrutiny. When they’re consenting adults they can release any details about themselves they want. Of course Meghan and Harry have recently released information about them on their documentary but they did it on their terms, not because their privacy would be intruded upon if they didn't, like if William and Catherine broke their silent agreement with the press to release photos of the children regularly.
I genuinely feel I know more about Archie following that documentary than I do any of the Wales’ children. The press aren’t just kind to the Wales’ kids, they leave them alone essentially entirely. They are only photographed at official engagements or when their parents release images of them.

I think Meghan and Harry are going to use their kids for revenue. If they really wanted their lives kept private and out of the press they wouldn’t have featured them in the documentary.

Obviously there is nothing they can do about George being 2nd in line, but I genuinely think their lives are kept pretty much private. Totally different to William and Harry’s childhoods.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Emsie

VIP Member
I'm in no way a Meghan fan but what makes me uncomfortable is when people say (there was a guy in a video on the H&M thread) Meghan hasn't experience racism because she is white. INCORRECT...
A. she is not white she is light skinned mixed race, if you stand her next to Helen Mirren you will see she is not 'white'
B. Are you saying mixed raced people cant experience racism? again INCORRECT maybe not as bad as a dark POC but they can still experience racism. In fact her son Archie (who is also mixed raced) experienced it when Danny Baker posted a picture of a monkey up!

So stop with this bullshit!
👏
As a mixed race woman myself who could probably pass for white I can't stand it when people say "I didn't know you were black, you look white" as if white is the standard we should be aiming for.
She definitely experienced racism there is no two ways about it.

• Heart

Onetwofour

VIP Member
I have to say I don't even know how this kind of article can be published. It falls in the real of hate speech.

• Heart

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
All the secrecy over Archie and the baby shower etc etc and now it's over the documentary. Archies ultrasound scan! FFS.

Makes you think this was the plan all along .....

stardust21

VIP Member
I don't feel I know much at all about Archie after the documentary. Maybe I didn't pay enough attention, but all we saw was a cute toddler playing and a picture of him in the bath. We don't know where he goes to preschool, his nanny or anything. I agree he would have been protected as a member of the RF but he would have been wheeled out for the press fairly regularly as payment for that protection. Especially as he clearly looks mixed race. The DM would have used him to bait their more knuckle dragging readers as often as they could.
They showed personal photos and videos of him in the documentary which I personally think is far more invasive than anything we have ever seen of the Wales’.

I don’t have a strong opinion on Harry and Meghan either way, but I do think they waited on releasing many photos of their children because they sold the rights to the highest bidder - Netflix. And I think that’s a bit grim.

I really don’t think we know much about Louis, Charlotte and George. We saw Louis acting up but he’s 3/4, so that’s not really knowing anything is it… that’s just a toddler being a toddler. I think there was a video of Charlotte liking spiders talking to David Attenborough maybe? There definitely aren’t photos of them in the bath or in their bedrooms/nurseries. Their private lives are kept totally private.

For all Harry goes on about wanting to protect his family from the press, I personally think William is actually better at it? 🤷🏻‍♀️

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Or the pegging story :ROFLMAO:

I honestly think if a scumbag like Dan Wootton had evidence of an affair he would have printed it without hesitation. Even back in the day they couldn't print Tampogate and Squidygate quick enough so I don't think they'd sit on a massive story like that. It would all be in the 'public interest' to expose it.
Didn’t they sit on Tampon gate because they didn’t want to upset the Royal marriage? I do reckon if there was something really detrimental to Kate and Wills’ marriage the papers wouldn’t publish it.

Can someone precis any of the bad headlines that Meghan had?

Obviously there was the Compton one and a million articles on her Dad but anything else that was sinister? Being fed to the wolves stuff?

We touched on some of the daft ones in the last thread about avocados and nearly killing Charlotte with lilly of the valley.
Other ones include being related to Jack the Ripper, Meghan made Kate cry, ‘Harry’s Girl on P0rnHub’, the niggling one. Meghan put her hands in her pocket which was a ‘step too far’ for Royal etiquette even though there is a photo of the Queen doing that, Meghan wanted to scent the church which had an article where she allegedly said it was musty and Meghan was being dictatorial however Kate scented the Abbey with Jo Malone candles and nothing bad was said about that. Kate and Wills set up their own company but Harry and Meghan doing that is them being money hungry, Wills and Kate spent Christmas with the Middletown which was fine but when Harry and Meghan spent Christmas with Doris it was ‘Doesn't the Queen deserve better than
this baffling festive absence?’, etc.
There are differing levels of ‘bad’, some I think are harmless but if it becomes a repeating pattern I can see the issue.

Last edited:
  • Heart

thegirlscout

VIP Member
who can blame the Queen Consort for having a chuckle at Clarkson’s article
Laughing about sexual violence isn’t funny. You’re sick, you really are.

In the Middle Ages that is exactly what would have happened to the Duke and Duchess, they are just fortunate to be living in the modern age
News flash, we don’t live in the Middle Ages.
You absolute moron.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Popcorn&Peanuts

Are you serious right now? Are you really defending a man who called for a woman to be stripped naked and pelted with filth by the public?

And you approve of Camilla having a 'chuckle' at Clarkson's article? What an absolutely horrendous thing to say.

This is bigger than your precious, coddled, colonsing BRF. That is a hate article calling for violence against a woman and the fact that any sane person can think it was warranted is revolting.

Last edited:

WatermelonSugar22

VIP Member
Misogyny like that shouldn’t be published in prominent newspapers in a country where women are regularly murdered. I don’t care if he’s joking, it’s really that simple. It’s not okay and I’m really surprised that people are willing to accept it because they also don’t like the woman in question. Glad to see so many here see how gross it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Basketweaver

The problem with rhetoric that the likes of Clarkson and his ilk spew is that is so damaging not just to meghan but to general societal attitudes towards women that trickle into the psyches of men and which studies have shown contribute to violence against women/slut shaming etc...Camilla supports domestic violence charities yet shares crafty fags with him on the side..?????...she should be hanging her head in shame

• Heart

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
Kate has 3 children under 10! If she did 200 engagements a year people would say the nanny was raising the kids. She can’t win either way.
Oh come on! She has 3 children of school age, a full time nanny and a legion of household staff. Her 'Office' alone has 15 staff. For what? To arrange her diary of less than 7 engagements a month? If she did 200 engagements a year, she would be doing 4 a week- engagements that involve being driven/ flown to places for 30 minutes of shaking peoples hands, attending film premieres and sporting events, phonecalls etc. Its hardly onerous! She could even squeeze them into school hours term time and still have a couple of days off a week! She and William are incredibly lazy, and would prefer to do nothing. Unfortunately, we are paying for them to live a life of unbridled luxury in exchange for very little, and they cant even do that.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Miss Havisham

VIP Member
I can’t see William and Harry ever being close again - regardless of their wives and them getting on / not getting on with each other.
Massive trust has been broken. Going to Netflix with tales about your family - I really can’t see that ever being forgotten.

Jen667

VIP Member
What JC said was misogynistic. But expecting a woman who had nothing to do with it (Camilla) to take some responsibility for it is also misogynistic

• Heart