The Royal Family #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair to Camilla, they were both invited to the same lunch. I don't know if they're friends outside of that or not? It looks bad for her alright with Jeremy's revolting article coming out the same day.
I have no doubt that the RF cooperate with the media and that they have a preference for certain journalists. They need to have a good relationship with the media in their position. Harry and Meghan do the same. Omid Scoobie, Bryony Gordon, Oprah and Gayle King being a few examples of journalists/presenters that they have befriended. That was hardly a big revelation from Harry. Anybody with a media presence would need to try and maintain good relations surely. It's what they do in order to maintain that relationship that's more important.
They are friends - he was on the ITV documentary about her earlier this year:

• Wow
Reactions: 3

She's going to have to distance herself from him then! Do you think he purposely wrote that article to come out on the same day they were going to the party to get more media attention? He has a new series coming out soon that he'll need to promote.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
She's going to have to distance herself from him then! Do you think he purposely wrote that article to come out on the same day they were going to the party to get more media attention? He has a new series coming out soon that he'll need to promote.
I'm not sure if he would have known when it was being published, but I agree with BIB - whether she will or not is another story!

Reactions: 7
I'm not sure if he would have known when it was being published, but I agree with BIB - whether she will or not is another story!
Easily done - it's not like they were seen together very often or anything. She just won't go to anymore parties with him until it's all blown over.

Reactions: 2
Wasn't the redaction about a so-called eating disorder? Is that what you call "unflattering" for Catherine? You don't think the RF should step in for something like that? (Whether she has one or not is nobody's bleeping business and certainly shouldn't be alluded to by a supposedly reputable magazine.)

I was going to respond in detail but @thegirlscout already did a great job of that.

Unlike many posters here who are happy to see Meghan crucified, I don't believe private or painful things should be posted about either women in the Press and I did not even know about the ED implications in the Tatler article.

What I did know about was the laughable claim of the newly massive workload and Kate working as much as a high-level CEO and anyone objective - even her supporters - must see how absolutely ridiculous that sounded. And ofc, the Palace got it cleaned up.

So please don't insinuate that anything I said condoned a woman being body-shamed.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Harry is much more culpable then her. He knew the rules, or maybe he thought that he's special so he would be an exception. It's not fair that she get most of the flack, he should get much more.
I

She should get better friends. If they really are friends, tell him that his article stinks. I don't doubt gor a moment Camillas sincerity about DV charities so she should not be tolerating men who bulky and demean women. Clarkson And Puers Morgan among them.

Reactions: 15
The problem with rhetoric that the likes of Clarkson and his ilk spew is that is so damaging not just to meghan but to general societal attitudes towards women that trickle into the psyches of men and which studies have shown contribute to violence against women/slut shaming etc...Camilla supports domestic violence charities yet shares crafty fags with him on the side..?????...she should be hanging her head in shame

• Heart
Reactions: 26
The problem with rhetoric that the likes of Clarkson and his ilk spew is that is so damaging not just to meghan but to general societal attitudes towards women that trickle into the psyches of men and which studies have shown contribute to violence against women/slut shaming etc...Camilla supports domestic violence charities yet shares crafty fags with him on the side..?????...she should be hanging her head in shame
Completely agree.
In the same documentary, Camilla said that she lives by Christian values and lives by the principle of 'Do unto others...'
A bit rich coming from her!

Reactions: 10
Clarkson is far more popular amongst most British people now than Meghan. While after the trashing the ungrateful Duchess and her husband gave the royal family that made them who can blame the Queen Consort for having a chuckle at Clarkson’s article and why shouldn’t she go to lunch with him and Morgan? Meghan is quite happy to use Scobie and even Oprah for her purposes

• Sick
Reactions: 20
Clarkson is far more popular amongst most British people now than Meghan. While after the trashing the ungrateful Duchess and her husband gave the royal family that made them who can blame the Queen Consort for having a chuckle at Clarkson’s article and why shouldn’t she go to lunch with him and Morgan? Meghan is quite happy to use Scobie and even Oprah for her purposes
Chuckling at degrading and dehumanising a person.....right....

• Sad
Reactions: 22
I know you are a staunch supporter of the royal family, but Clarkson’s article is pretty indefensible. Take out Meghan’s name and make it about any other woman and would it be be worth a chuckle? Her ‘crimes’ do not equate to Rose West level of hatred

Reactions: 31
Anyone that chuckles at the thought of anybody imagining a woman being paraded naked and pelted with shite needs as much help as the person that wrote it in the first place. Clarkson is being his usual idiotic self and spouting things so that people talk about him

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Are you serious right now? Are you really defending a man who called for a woman to be stripped naked and pelted with filth by the public?

And you approve of Camilla having a 'chuckle' at Clarkson's article? What an absolutely horrendous thing to say.

This is bigger than your precious, coddled, colonsing BRF. That is a hate article calling for violence against a woman and the fact that any sane person can think it was warranted is revolting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 27
I have to say I don't even know how this kind of article can be published. It falls in the real of hate speech.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Chuckling at degrading and dehumanising a person.....right....
An ego maniac who used the royal family to go from C-list to A+ lost by marrying the gullible younger Prince, had a taxpayer funded vast wedding yet trashed the royal family in public repeatedly on TV. Then last week she had the audacity to mock the house she was given in Kensington and Chelsea by the late Queen.

So not degrading, in fact much of Clarkson’s article was spot on

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
Oh come on. You'd throw an absolute fit if that was written about any other woman in the RF. I don't like Meghan. I think she lies and manipulates the truth to suit her own ends and I don't think there's anything wrong with criticising her for that but I hate when the discussion falls to the level Clarkson brought it to. It's disgusting. It adds nothing to the debate. It want even witty or funny. There's no logic or reason to it. It's pure hate - he said it himself - and all it achieves in the end is to prove Meghan right in what she said about the media.

Reactions: 25
An ego maniac who used the royal family to go from C-list to A+ lost by marrying the gullible younger Prince, had a taxpayer funded vast wedding yet trashed the royal family in public repeatedly on TV. Then last week she had the audacity to mock the house she was given in Kensington and Chelsea by the late Queen.

So not degrading, in fact much of Clarkson’s article was spot on
My god, you’ve just sunk to a new low of victim blaming. I appreciate you don’t like a woman you don’t know but really? You think Clarkson’s being reasonable?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Anyone that chuckles at the thought of anybody imagining a woman being paraded naked and pelted with shite needs as much help as the person that wrote it in the first place. Clarkson is being his usual idiotic self and spouting things so that people talk about him
In the Middle Ages that is exactly what would have happened to the Duke and Duchess, they are just fortunate to be living in the modern age

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
That article by clarkson was both disgusting and also the biggest gift to H&M going…. “See we told you…. Look how the press talk about us”. I can’t believe it was cleared for publication- it’s just awful. I’m not a fan of theirs but it just plays straight into their narrative. It’s actually the worst thing I’ve ever read in the MSM about her and it’s an uncomfortable read and I didn’t like it.

I do believe the bullying claims were covered to benefit Meghan otherwise they Would have alluded to it in the documentary. I don’t think they had any intention of going anywhere but California. The leaks could have come from any of the royal offices or even someone close to them but I don’t think the staff felt any allegiance to them because of the they were treated. Even if it was leaked it’s not like they were in witness protection- we’d have all found out anyway given time.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.