The Royal Family #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Could you imagine if Clarkson had said this about Kate? The likes of the Mail would be complaining about it on the front page and they'd be trying to force an apology
1. It would NEVER have been printed in the first place

2. On the miniscule possibility it was printed, both the editor and Clarkson would have lost their jobs

3. The Sun would probably be sued

4. Criminal charges for inciting violence or some other applicable charge would be brought against the newspaper

5. Every national newspaper and morning talk show would be calling for an official apology

6. Clarkson would be cancelled

Let's not forget that Kensington Palace actually got Tatler to redact unflattering parts of their 'Catherine the Great' article. The RF are 100% capable of hitting back and manipulating the media whenever they want...they're just not gauche enough to do it overtly like Harry and Meghan. 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 29
Watching episode 5, Meghan says the letter she sent to her Dad was signed for by a different person (she didn’t recognise their handwriting). Who do you think it was? Also I didn’t read the letter or coverage when it was published to the Daily Mail but I didn’t realise they heavily redacted parts! It’s ridiculous!

Interesting on the same episode that they talk about relocating to South Africa and only Charles’ office, William’s office and the Queen’s office knew and then it was leaked to the press. Then they wanted to move to Canada and Harry didn’t want to put it into writing just in case it leaked again and Charles said he couldn’t do anything unless it’s in writing and then 5 days later it was on the front of a newspaper. Those offices must have been leaking stuff about Harry and Meghan. Thus family is bloody ridiculous.

Interesting on the same episode that they talk about relocating to South Africa and only Charles’ office, William’s office and the Queen’s office knew and then it was leaked to the press. Then they wanted to move to Canada and Harry didn’t want to put it into writing just in case it leaked again and Charles said he couldn’t do anything unless it’s in writing and then 5 days later it was on the front of a newspaper. Those offices must have been leaking stuff about Harry and Meghan.

Sorry for the double post, Tattle keeps freezing and won’t load for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Watching episode 5, Meghan says the letter she sent to her Dad was signed for by a different person (she didn’t recognise their handwriting). Who do you think it was? Also I didn’t read the letter or coverage when it was published to the Daily Mail but I didn’t realise they heavily redacted parts! It’s ridiculous!

Interesting on the same episode that they talk about relocating to South Africa and only Charles’ office, William’s office and the Queen’s office knew and then it was leaked to the press. Then they wanted to move to Canada and Harry didn’t want to put it into writing just in case it leaked again and Charles said he couldn’t do anything unless it’s in writing and then 5 days later it was on the front of a newspaper. Those offices must have been leaking stuff about Harry and Meghan. Thus family is bloody ridiculous.

Interesting on the same episode that they talk about relocating to South Africa and only Charles’ office, William’s office and the Queen’s office knew and then it was leaked to the press. Then they wanted to move to Canada and Harry didn’t want to put it into writing just in case it leaked again and Charles said he couldn’t do anything unless it’s in writing and then 5 days later it was on the front of a newspaper. Those offices must have been leaking stuff about Harry and Meghan.

Sorry for the double post, Tattle keeps freezing and won’t load for me.
Beware taking for gospel one-sided assumptions.
Assuming it must be leaked by the family because apparently only their offices knew ignores the other set of staff that knew - their own.

We have a tendency (that is very much fed by the media) to assume that there must always be a goodie and a baddie, when more often it's flawed people on both sides and an inability to communicate in a healthy way.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Beware taking for gospel one-sided assumptions.
Assuming it must be leaked by the family because apparently only their offices knew ignores the other set of staff that knew - their own.

We have a tendency (that is very much fed by the media) to assume that there must always be a goodie and a baddie, when more often it's flawed people on both sides and an inability to communicate in a healthy way.
That’s true, but I guess it has to have come from someone, maybe not them but their offices? Otherwise how did the media know?

Wait? At the end of the doc Netflix put that. But in the doc Meghan and Harry said Knauf did that on William's order? What's the truth?
View attachment 1808799
It does seem odd that this was given as evidence when it allegedly didn’t need to be (which is what the lawyers are saying, not just Meghan and Harry). And Jason was working for William (not sure if he still is) which could lead people to question if William wanted it to be leaked. Gosh it’s such a complicated family!

@Great_Kate you posted this in the previous thread about Meghan’s relationship with her niece: To me it sounded as if their relationship is still vague and has not gotten as close again. All pictures were old. No mention of being happy to spend time together again.
I don’t know if you’ve seen the final episode of the documentary but it does seem like they have repaired their relationship or are trying to - there’s videos of Ashleigh playing with the children, baking with Meghan and she speaks during the interview segments. Sorry, don’t know how to quote from a closed thread!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Let's not forget that Kensington Palace actually got Tatler to redact unflattering parts of their 'Catherine the Great' article. The RF are 100% capable of hitting back and manipulating the media whenever they want...they're just not gauche enough to do it overtly like Harry and Meghan. 🙄
Wasn't the redaction about a so-called eating disorder? Is that what you call "unflattering" for Catherine? You don't think the RF should step in for something like that? (Whether she has one or not is nobody's bleeping business and certainly shouldn't be alluded to by a supposedly reputable magazine.)

Reactions: 6
That’s true, but I guess it has to have come from someone, maybe not them but their offices? Otherwise how did the media know?
Oh, someone leaked it, but the fact is that there's not actually any evidence presented as to who. It could be either side to stoke some plot as the media is prone to spinning for both sides, or it could be a random staffer who was keen on some extra money.
My money generally goes to an individual seeking financial recompense over any given conspiracy, personally. Malice is rarely so strong an incentive as greed.

Reactions: 7
Wasn't the redaction about a so-called eating disorder? Is that what you call "unflattering" for Catherine? You don't think the RF should step in for something like that? (Whether she has one or not is nobody's bleeping business and certainly shouldn't be alluded to by a supposedly reputable magazine.)
I don’t think they outright said that it was an eating disorder but that she was ‘perilously thin’ which did get removed but happy to be corrected. Another part which they removed after legal threats was Kate being upset about the larger workload she received as a result of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's resignation ‘Kate is furious about the larger workload. Of course she's smiling and dressing appropriately but she doesn't want this’ and ‘She feels exhausted and trapped. She's working as hard as a top CEO, who has to be wheeled out all the time, without the benefits of boundaries and plenty of holidays’ were removed along with comments about Pippa speaking like the (late) Queen and calling Kate ‘Duchess’.

Reactions: 5
There have been incidents when they spoke out against coverage of Kate. I will say this- Kate is to be Queen. Basically part of the No 2 now No1 to the throne. Of course you protect her over the spouse of/ someone in sixth place. BUT while I think suing against the topless pictures was the right thing to do, they really shouldn’t have reacted to other stuff. I mentioned the extensions before. And it’s the same for Tatler. It’s stupid to go against something everyone can see with their eyes. She is thin. Maybe not unhealthy but she is very thin - often appears thinner than what looks like slim teenagers when pictured with them and her fashion choices atm even make it more obvious. I get the other part though. Everyone in their right mind would think it’s laughable or insulting to say she works as hard as a CEO. Maybe if you think of a certain type of CEO: basically removed from the company and employees. Playing golf and just saying yes or no to the work others have done, shaking hands with business relations at glitzy galas while staff is on furlough, and getting a shitload of money for this. Hardly a compliment. There is so much criticism about her work ethic, from critics and supporters alike, to write she was furious for having to work more, while claiming she is already working hard wouldn’t have gone down well. Bad luck everyone know knows what KP takes offence with. If the shoe fits….
I agree that BP (not KP or CH but the top) should have spoken against racist coverage. Reminding the UK that they have risen above such nasty disgraceful actions with the abolishment of slavery. And that the Queen would be saddened to see her country forgetting it’s great achievement but instead deteriorate in its high morals and standards. Obviously not true but it’s often helpful to give people a reason to feel good about doing the right thing. And don’t we all love to act as if we were better than we are.
I still miss any headline that was a lie and planted to harm them though. We heard of leaks, but a leak means there is at least some truth to it. When KP and CH had a leaking war regarding Prince George, you know, when the super villains W&K were about to destroy the monarchy and poor KC wasn’t even allowed to see his only grandchild, I am sure there were problems. It seems W and his father have found a way forward though. Their relationship seems better than before all this to be fair.
So what if someone leaked they want to move to NZ or SA? What’s the problem? No comment is still a fine response and you can still see if that’s a real option or not.
I found it rather interesting that they always chose the area of their tour. Let’s face it, a tour gives you no real idea how it would really be. I am sure they loved the tours. Private days with incredible nature and fun. Visiting charities and nice places. Getting so much positive attention. It’s a perfect travel commercial. But I doubt they would have been allowed to set base somewhere else in a royal function. Those countries have their own governments. Putting members of the HoS family there would have become problematic quickly. Especially with outspoken ones.
It was always going to be highly problematic to go somewhere else and maintain a role in the royal business. I don’t think a leak is what actually was the problem. And as I said, a leak only means it actually is real and no reason not to pursue it. Just as that didn’t have to get in front of the exit announcement? Why not let it go. Book flights and plan where to stay and wait till Daddy calls. That would have been a better negotiation situation instead of laying out your ideas. Because the others felt obviously strongarmed and as if it was your fault. But strategy was never H&Ms strong suit.

• Heart
That Daily Mail headline sends me. I like Claudia and Judi fine, but if Piers and Jeremy are the best you’ve got, then that’s a pretty tedious lunch. Surprised Camilla associates with Clarkson after all the good work she does with DV. Why does she let them drag her down? Isn’t it wiser as Queen to stay above that fray?

Mind you, between this and Charles hiring Daily Mail staffers as his PR, it really does support H&M’s claims of deals with the RF and the tabloids. I wonder if the other European queens have sit down dinners with tabloid columnists?
I'm amazed they got Piers Morgan and Jeremy Clarkson in the same room, they loathe each other.

Reactions: 4
It does seem odd that this was given as evidence when it allegedly didn’t need to be (which is what the lawyers are saying, not just Meghan and Harry). And Jason was working for William (not sure if he still is) which could lead people to question if William wanted it to be leaked. Gosh it’s such a complicated family!
But the statement at the end of the serie contradicts what Meghan and Harry's lawyers said. How do we know what is the truth? Knauf was also the one concerned about the bullying issues. From what has been reported by Valentine Low, it might be that Knauf didn't like much the Sussexes and seemed appalled by their treatment of their staff. Of course, we don't know if that is true, but as it hasn't been denied... With those informations, it seems a bit farfetched to immediately jump to the conclusion that was William's decision and done in a malicious way to undermine them. What I am trying to say is that we are asked to blindly believe their accuastions even though there are huge holes and they never give receipts of their accusations. From my point of view, it's a brother's feud and Harry seems determined to put everything on his own brother. In contrast, as he has a good relationship with his cousins, they didn't talk at all about Prince Andrew's case. But the whole Andrew's case would have made their point more valid. Andrew has been protected as much as possible while "Meghan was fed to the wolves". This decision shows that the conflict with his own brother is more important that the real faillures that are happening inside the RF.

@Great_Kate

On the question of Kate's body, I have to say I can get their point. We don't know if Kate has an ED or not, if she is fighting against it or not, we have no idea what's happening behind doors. Why the need to focus on her thinness? Can we let women bodies alone? Tabloids expoited the topic when Kate didn't get pregnant immediately after her wedding. It was very distastful and wrong to speculate on her ability to get pregnant or not. By the way, I remember that Kate had the same thing than Meghan, some were saying that she didn't carry George. It's also quite weird how before Meghan's arrival, the tabloids always had something to criticize about Kate but suddenly they suddenly described her as the perfect wife and duchess that can never do wrong. They used her and Meghan to pit them against each other and to create drama to sell.

I don’t think they outright said that it was an eating disorder but that she was ‘perilously thin’ which did get removed but happy to be corrected. Another part which they removed after legal threats was Kate being upset about the larger workload she received as a result of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's resignation ‘Kate is furious about the larger workload. Of course she's smiling and dressing appropriately but she doesn't want this’ and ‘She feels exhausted and trapped. She's working as hard as a top CEO, who has to be wheeled out all the time, without the benefits of boundaries and plenty of holidays’ were removed along with comments about Pippa speaking like the (late) Queen and calling Kate ‘Duchess’.
I thought that was the part that was asked to be redacted too. That was what I thought their representatives disputed.

There are (despite what people claim)
The press insist on 'self regulation' which basically mean they mark their own homework. They were absolutely excoriated in the Levinson Enquiry into phone hacking, but managed to get away with minimal regulatory changes, again, voluntarily adhering to codes of conduct. The tabloid press in this country really are outrageous, and get away with the most the most horrendous racist and sexist dogwhistling, although Clarkson wasn't even bothering with a dogwhistle. He may as well have been a klaxon for abusing women. A man was sentenced this week for murdering a woman he didnt know in a frenzied attack, after he had been arrested and released for prowling the streets looking for women. Yet The Sun is publishing that with no recourse?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I didn't really get that part. My handwriting never looks like my own when I sign for things on those little machines. It was Thomas that gave the letter to the DM anyway so he obviously got it, whoever signed for it. I'm not really sure what point she was trying to make with that - that somebody was interfering in her relationship with her dad?
Just as a random aside - why does she always write in calligraphy. I find that really weird. It must take her ages. I get it on a thank you card or an invitation but her letter to her dad was really long and her wedding speech was written that way as well.

Reactions: 5
It seems W and his father have found a way forward though. Their relationship seems better than before all this to be fair.
So what if someone leaked they want to move to NZ or SA? What’s the problem? No comment is still a fine response and you can still see if that’s a real option or not.
I found it rather interesting that they always chose the area of their tour. Let’s face it, a tour gives you no real idea how it would really be. I am sure they loved the tours. Private days with incredible nature and fun. Visiting charities and nice places. Getting so much positive attention. It’s a perfect travel commercial. But I doubt they would have been allowed to set base somewhere else in a royal function. Those countries have their own governments. Putting members of the HoS family there would have become problematic quickly. Especially with outspoken ones.
It was always going to be highly problematic to go somewhere else and maintain a role in the royal business. I don’t think a leak is what actually was the problem. And as I said, a leak only means it actually is real and no reason not to pursue it. Just as that didn’t have to get in front of the exit announcement? Why not let it go. Book flights and plan where to stay and wait till Daddy calls. That would have been a better negotiation situation instead of laying out your ideas. Because the others felt obviously strongarmed and as if it was your fault. But strategy was never H&Ms strong suit.
I think the answer to all the 'why's' is Harrys paranoia and his resentment about the press. I mean, it must have been horrific to go somewhere for peace and quiet like Vancouver and then suddenly be buzzed by helicopters and drones day and night, but Harry came across as extremely paranoid that he was being pursued wherever he went. I think they made a mistake, as Kate and William manage to go on holiday all the time without being papped, and have quite a private life from what I see, with only access that they agree to. Maybe Harry didn't think he would get the same level of privacy if he had stayed ( which is probably true, going by previous experience, but they have to comply to the children's protection, I think). I dont think he thought it through, but he was in the family for 35 years or so, so knows how they work better than anyone looking on, including Meghan.
Re Charles and William, I think their relationship has been fixed because William has embraced his position and knows that any hint of a disunited front may lead to questions about what they point of them is, and he will be the main loser in that conversation.

Reactions: 8
I don’t for one minute believe H&M wanted to move to South Africa. I am South African and there is too much violence and crime and way to risky.

I do believe H would and should have lived in the bush, doing nature conservation work. He was happiest in places like Botswana or Lesotho where he could be surrounded by nature. Sadly that wouldn’t suit M (as it wouldn’t suit MoST people).

The comments about K having an ED are unnecessary. There is the constant desire for the press to compare both K & M to the late Princess Di
which again is unnecessary. Let them be their own people

Reactions: 11
I think the answer to all the 'why's' is Harrys paranoia and his resentment about the press. I mean, it must have been horrific to go somewhere for peace and quiet like Vancouver and then suddenly be buzzed by helicopters and drones day and night, but Harry came across as extremely paranoid that he was being pursued wherever he went. I think they made a mistake, as Kate and William manage to go on holiday all the time without being papped, and have quite a private life from what I see, with only access that they agree to. Maybe Harry didn't think he would get the same level of privacy if he had stayed ( which is probably true, going by previous experience, but they have to comply to the children's protection, I think). I dont think he thought it through, but he was in the family for 35 years or so, so knows how they work better than anyone looking on, including Meghan.
Re Charles and William, I think their relationship has been fixed because William has embraced his position and knows that any hint of a disunited front may lead to questions about what they point of them is, and he will be the main loser in that conversation.
Harry seems to have been very naive in the way he went about leaving. He says they were discussing leaving for two years but they didn't even have a secure place to stay when they did leave. They'd just made themselves extremely newsworthy by resigning from the RF and then there was the whole spat about blindsiding the Queen and ownership of the word service or royal. They were obviously going to be a huge target for paparazzi right after leaving. I'm not saying that's right but it's something they should have foreseen and they should have made sure they had an appropriate place to stay. Like a gated community or a huge estate or something. The house they were in in Vancouver looks like it was really visible from the water and everything.

Reactions: 7
I'm really amazed how it is that late QE is always portraited as a benevolent granny in the background, as she baked cookies and drunk tea all day.

QE was the boss, on hands boss it seems, so how much and what W&K worked directly depended on her. As someone said, we know only what Palace is willing to share. I read somewhere that Wills had a course in agriculture so he can be ready for the Duchy business. Maybe Kate also had intensive lessons. Also, because of importance of her future role, maybe she was tested by QE, and as any apprentice, was given bigger roles as time go by.

BTW, I always said, if my daughter decide to marry in such a family (there is too much politics for my taste), there would be very serious talks in our family (with her) about her future and all the hard work she put for her degree (I would probably gone nuclear). Also, I don't have any reverence for position and wealth resulting from being just born, I will always prefer hard working, self made person.

But back on the subject, I think that Meghan was self-deluded and believed her own PR. I remember her engagement interview " to hit ground running... and she didn't know anything about him..." and for me it was very telling. Imagine yourself getting job in a new firm, where you don't know what's your role, what's your authority, what is really your job and you didn't even google firm?!? Cmon, thirty years ago, maybe.
Even in early engagements, when they were four, there was steady trickle of "me, me, me ...". I also can understand how she felt without earning power. But woman! you're marrying in the RF, same as would be if you're marrying in Kenedy clan.

Harry is much more culpable then her. He knew the rules, or maybe he thought that he's special so he would be an exception. It's not fair that she get most of the flack, he should get much more.

Also, I don't know why we always talk about them as young, like they were in their teens. She was 38, he was 35, they had a lot of experience behind them.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The timing of Jeremy Clarkson's comments, and the fact that just this week he's been cavorting with his friend Camilla, proves that a lot of what Harry and Meghan said (about the RF befriending and cooperating with the media) is true.

Reactions: 18
The timing of Jeremy Clarkson's comments, and the fact that just this week he's been cavorting with his friend Camilla, proves that a lot of what Harry and Meghan said (about the RF befriending and cooperating with the media) is true.
To be fair to Camilla, they were both invited to the same lunch. I don't know if they're friends outside of that or not? It looks bad for her alright with Jeremy's revolting article coming out the same day.
I have no doubt that the RF cooperate with the media and that they have a preference for certain journalists. They need to have a good relationship with the media in their position. Harry and Meghan do the same. Omid Scoobie, Bryony Gordon, Oprah and Gayle King being a few examples of journalists/presenters that they have befriended. That was hardly a big revelation from Harry. Anybody with a media presence would need to try and maintain good relations surely. It's what they do in order to maintain that relationship that's more important.

I don't understand why Camilla is mixing with Morgan and Clarkson? Everyone knows what kind of stuff they pump out to cause a reaction.

I think this sums up much of the current situation with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.