The Royal Family #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone think the low number of kates engagements is strategic? Due to hierachy, she has to be less visible than camilla and william. Camilla needs the popularity more than kate and if kate does more appearance than william he could grow resentful like his dad did of his mum. Unless William does more engagements, her appearances will always be smaller.

If it's true Charles isn't gonna make his brother DoE, I don't see why him and Sophie should have to do all these engagements ahead of more senior royals, I'd tell Charles to go eff himself and get his kids and their wives to do some bloody work.

Do any legal minds know if H&M could sue Clarkson over that column?
Don't give them any ideas, their lawyers deserve a Christmas holiday for once

Reactions: 8
No, Kate doesn't work because she does not want to. William does not want to. They could do more, and deliberately always choose not to do so.

Aren't they still suing the government for security 24/7 whilst they live in California, paid for by the British taxpayer?

Reactions: 9
Does anyone think the low number of kates engagements is strategic? Due to hierachy, she has to be less visible than camilla and william. Camilla needs the popularity more than kate and if kate does more appearance than william he could grow resentful like his dad did of his mum. Unless William does more engagements, her appearances will always be smaller.

If it's true Charles isn't gonna make his brother DoE, I don't see why him and Sophie should have to do all these engagements ahead of more senior royals, I'd tell Charles to go eff himself and get his kids and their wives to do some bloody work.

Don't give them any ideas, their lawyers deserve a Christmas holiday for once
The work of Queenie's elderly cousins (still after her death) needs to be addressed

Reactions: 6
Yes it does. I think it counts as 3 or 4 engagements-going, shaking hands with the players before, hobnobbing in the Royal Box and presenting the trophy are one each! And going to film premieres and all the the FA Cup final, all leisure activities. It does seem as if the Royals PR really has done a good job here.
I'd love to see the full list of events. It's embarrassing for her if it's mostly sports events and royal tours. She really will have to step it up. I don't mind if she doesn't like public speaking but there's nothing stopping her just visiting charities and drawing attention to them. I think she's good at meeting the public so why doesn't she just do more of those types of engagements.

Reactions: 9
No, Kate doesn't work because she does not want to. William does not want to. They could do more, and deliberately always choose not to do so.

Aren't they still suing the government for security 24/7 whilst they live in California, paid for by the British taxpayer?
Works out average 2 engagements a week for a whole year - and hobknobbing at film premieres and Wimbledon counts....

I'd love to see the full list of events. It's embarrassing for her if it's mostly sports events and royal tours. She really will have to step it up. I don't mind if she doesn't like public speaking but there's nothing stopping her just visiting charities and drawing attention to them. I think she's good at meeting the public so why doesn't she just do more of those types of engagements.
Ive said it before, she's had over 10 years to get good at this being a royal gig. She couldve brought in expert speech writers etc to help her and the fact she hasn't shows me she's just lazy

Reactions: 14
Works out average 2 engagements a week for a whole year - and hobknobbing at film premieres and Wimbledon counts....

Ive said it before, she's had over 10 years to get good at this being a royal gig. She couldve brought in expert speech writers etc to help her and the fact she hasn't shows me she's just lazy
I don't know. I hate public speaking and I don't think any amount of experts could make me feel comfortable doing it. She doesn't have to make great speeches though. She could just pick a few charities and get properly involved with them by doing regular visits and really promoting their work. She's going to have to do something about the ratio of actual work engagements to fun engagements.

Reactions: 10
I don't know. I hate public speaking and I don't think any amount of experts could make me feel comfortable doing it. She doesn't have to make great speeches though. She could just pick a few charities and get properly involved with them by doing regular visits and really promoting their work. She's going to have to do something about the ratio of actual work engagements to fun engagements.
im sure she’s had elocution and public speaking lessons - she has gained a very careful, nothingy sort of voice and accent.

She‘s classed as a full time working royal and renumerated as such and is being out worked by a 78 year old, a 76 year old and only outworks an 87 year old who has had a stroke.

Reactions: 13
im sure she’s had elocution and public speaking lessons - she has gained a very careful, nothingy sort of voice and accent.

She‘s classed as a full time working royal and renumerated as such and is being out worked by a 78 year old, a 76 year old and only outworks an 87 year old who has had a stroke.
Shocking as she only hugs kids whose parents can only survive to put food on the table. Fine she hugs them. She then trots off to her wardrobe fitting and being a yummy mummy

Christmas Day speech is going to be so strange this year from the new King. For me personally I feel a warmth in The King that I don't feel in William. He was so ahead of the game on environmental issues and was ridiculed for it. I hope he gets a good enough run to be remembered fondly.

Reactions: 19
In the Middle Ages that is exactly what would have happened to the Duke and Duchess, they are just fortunate to be living in the modern age
He’s referencing the Game of Thrones ‘Shame’ scene. I reckon it’s his clumsy way of saying she should be ashamed of herself but it didn’t come across that way and has played to their narrative.🤷🏻‍♀️

The below figures are from the Digital Marketing Agency who released the BRF's engagement numbers for 2022. It doesn't take into account remaining engagements for 2022 which are expected to be a pre-Christmas lunch at Buckingham Palace and the Christmas Day church walk at Sandringham (which is pretty ridiculous - Christmas lunches/parties and short strolls are NOT work).

Despite the padding of figures with private events, sports matches and even telephone calls, their numbers are very low. The figure also takes into account events surrounding the Jubilee and funeral. Kate is at the bottom of the list in terms of senior royals and even lower than the Gloucesters.

View attachment 1818579
Kate has 3 children under 10! If she did 200 engagements a year people would say the nanny was raising the kids. She can’t win either way.

Isn't that Alan Partridge?
I thought it was David Tennant!😂

Last edited:
He’s referencing the Game of Thrones ‘Shame’ scene. I reckon it’s his clumsy way of saying she should be ashamed of herself but it didn’t come across that way and has played to their narrative.🤷🏻‍♀️

Kate has 3 children under 10! If she did 200 engagements a year people would say the nanny was raising the kids. She can’t win either way.

I thought it was David Tennant!😂
Most people who have 3 kids still work a 9-5 or at least part time hours. This is one of her lowest numbers in years, however I appreciate we still had pretty strong lockdowns for the first few months of the year, but now they’re all in school I expect to see her numbers increase a lot because the excuse of Louis can’t be used anymore. I’m not expecting 300, but is 150 really too much to ask when state banquets and Wimbledon count? They’ll get a fair few to milk out of the coronation.

Reactions: 14
Oh come on! She has 3 children of school age, a full time nanny and a legion of household staff. Her 'Office' alone has 15 staff. For what? To arrange her diary of less than 7 engagements a month? If she did 200 engagements a year, she would be doing 4 a week- engagements that involve being driven/ flown to places for 30 minutes of shaking peoples hands, attending film premieres and sporting events, phonecalls etc. Its hardly onerous! She could even squeeze them into school hours term time and still have a couple of days off a week! She and William are incredibly lazy, and would prefer to do nothing. Unfortunately, we are paying for them to live a life of unbridled luxury in exchange for very little, and they cant even do that.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
No I can't see how H&M could sue The Sun. You can't sue someone for holding an opinion, however odious.

Reactions: 4
Oh come on! She has 3 children of school age, a full time nanny and a legion of household staff. Her 'Office' alone has 15 staff. For what? To arrange her diary of less than 7 engagements a month? If she did 200 engagements a year, she would be doing 4 a week- engagements that involve being driven/ flown to places for 30 minutes of shaking peoples hands, attending film premieres and sporting events, phonecalls etc. Its hardly onerous! She could even squeeze them into school hours term time and still have a couple of days off a week! She and William are incredibly lazy, and would prefer to do nothing. Unfortunately, we are paying for them to live a life of unbridled luxury in exchange for very little, and they cant even do that.
This has been their problem for some time. They don’t do anything. In a way, they should be grateful to H and M because the publicity they are creating means much less focus on what Kate and William aren’t doing. Coupled with the five houses, it’s not a good look.

I get the impression more and more people are questioning the role of royal family. I still think it will last but I think the members of the family have to start doing much more and soon. The status quo is dangerous for them. I also think it’s the same with commenting on Clarkson article. I don’t think they will do but I do see people questioning why not and that leads on to more questions about role and purpose of the royal family. It’s very interesting!

Reactions: 11
Most people who have 3 kids still work a 9-5 or at least part time hours. This is one of her lowest numbers in years, however I appreciate we still had pretty strong lockdowns for the first few months of the year, but now they’re all in school I expect to see her numbers increase a lot because the excuse of Louis can’t be used anymore. I’m not expecting 300, but is 150 really too much to ask when state banquets and Wimbledon count? They’ll get a fair few to milk out of the coronation.
but the nannies will be doing the donkey work anyway so, I guess that’s win:win.

Kate could be doubling her engagements and still be getting a lot of time off

Reactions: 8
I'd love to know what someone like her and Will do at home during the day when the kids are at school.

Think she just gets Pippa to come round? Maybe hits the gym in their house? Can't imagine she has paperwork or admin to do for the job, doesn't need to cook.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.