The Royal Family #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I loved Louis running around with the gonk and shouting after Charlotte. Louis is the star of the show that's for sure.

Reactions: 14
I don't see how their relationship could come back from the last few years. It could maybe improve, but it'll never be what it was. You get to a point where too much is happened and you have changed too much to go back.

Reactions: 14
Totally agree. Unfortunately things have gone too far.

And it such a shame to see the Carol Service when the King greeted George and Charlotte with a kiss, and now today with them all arriving for the church Service, Archie and Lily will never be part of that.

I know Harry has a lot of issues with his family, but surely there must be a wee bit of him that wishes his kids had some experiences that he had???
IMO Archie and Lili have the best of the two worlds. Cameras constantly flashing and scrutinising your every move. I’d prefer for my childhood to be kept private if I were them. I know the press are generally kind to the Wales children but they (along with Lili and Archie) still get trolled online. Nothing can fully protect them. I’d prefer to be kept out of the limelight and be allowed to get on with my life without the pressure of being the future king or their sibling. Archie and Lili now have the opportunity to live a relatively normal childhood without all the scrutiny. When they’re consenting adults they can release any details about themselves they want. Of course Meghan and Harry have recently released information about them on their documentary but they did it on their terms, not because their privacy would be intruded upon if they didn't, like if William and Catherine broke their silent agreement with the press to release photos of the children regularly.

Reactions: 9
IMO Archie and Lili have the best of the two worlds. Cameras constantly flashing and scrutinising your every move. I’d prefer for my childhood to be kept private if I were them. I know the press are generally kind to the Wales children but they (along with Lili and Archie) still get trolled online. Nothing can fully protect them. I’d prefer to be kept out of the limelight and be allowed to get on with my life without the pressure of being the future king or their sibling. Archie and Lili now have the opportunity to live a relatively normal childhood without all the scrutiny. When they’re consenting adults they can release any details about themselves they want. Of course Meghan and Harry have recently released information about them on their documentary but they did it on their terms, not because their privacy would be intruded upon if they didn't, like if William and Catherine broke their silent agreement with the press to release photos of the children regularly.
I genuinely feel I know more about Archie following that documentary than I do any of the Wales’ children. The press aren’t just kind to the Wales’ kids, they leave them alone essentially entirely. They are only photographed at official engagements or when their parents release images of them.

I think Meghan and Harry are going to use their kids for revenue. If they really wanted their lives kept private and out of the press they wouldn’t have featured them in the documentary.

Obviously there is nothing they can do about George being 2nd in line, but I genuinely think their lives are kept pretty much private. Totally different to William and Harry’s childhoods.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
The thing is with the royal family, they are very rigid in structure. Apparently family members have to arrange a meeting with Charles (or the Queen before) if they want to speak with him.

I heard on the radio a royal expert speak about this. The family or friends cannot just pop by to chat with the king or queen, they have to follow a set protocol. It seems a mad way to live, but that is tradition.

I can understand Harry not wanting to be a part of it all as he was never truly invested in that life it seems. It likely never helped that he wasn't going to be near the throne for a long while, probably his whole life.

Not much point sticking around shaking hands and doing menial duties if you aren't going to be next in line. William always seemed to take his role in the RF seriously, so in that regard they differed a fair bit.

Reactions: 5
The thing is with the royal family, they are very rigid in structure. Apparently family members have to arrange a meeting with Charles (or the Queen before) if they want to speak with him.

I heard on the radio a royal expert speak about this. The family or friends cannot just pop by to chat with the king or queen, they have to follow a set protocol. It seems a mad way to live, but that is tradition.

I can understand Harry not wanting to be a part of it all as he was never truly invested in that life it seems. It likely never helped that he wasn't going to be near the throne for a long while, probably his whole life.

Not much point sticking around shaking hands and doing menial duties if you aren't going to be next in line. William always seemed to take his role in the RF seriously, so in that regard they differed a fair bit.
I don't think he does - if he did he would do a whole lot more than he does now. I think he likes being royal and the heir and the good stuff that comes along with it but uses the kids and access to them with the press as a weapon.

Is it just me or was there something off with Charles left arm? Like it wasn’t in his sleeve?

Reactions: 3
Getting torn to shreds on Twatter and the media
I didn't realise he actually did the walk with them. He's perfectly entitled to go to church on Christmas Day but surely they could have brought him in the back way.

I didn't realise he actually did the walk with them. He's perfectly entitled to go to church on Christmas Day but surely they could have brought him in the back way.
I don't think he did the walk. He went to church but I don't think he was allowed the official walk. I'm sure the media sort him out though.

Reactions: 1

Tbf my family have to book if you will to see me. I have a full time job and other things to do, I can’t have people just popping in, so someone like a King must be busier and stricter with their time than most and has to book in their entire day. I remember someone telling me a manager at his work had family time scheduled in his work calendar for 2 hours on a Friday evening which I found hilarious so nothing would surprise me at a King’s level

Reactions: 7
Here he is in the official news pics behind his daughter

What they always think, they’re above us peasants they can do what they like.
That's exactly how it comes across. Big mistake from Charles. All the concessions that were made for Andrew up until now could be blamed on the Queen but this is all on Charles.

Reactions: 12
I like that the DM chose some really unflattering photos of Andrew
View attachment 1831586View attachment 1831590View attachment 1831591
He's certainly aged. I think Charles and Anne look better despite being over a decade older!

I understand that he's a member of the family rather than the working Firm, just as Peter, Beatrice and Eugenie were included, but it's definitely bad optics. It was said in one source a month or so back that Fergie was to be included in the family get together at Sandringham rather than stuck out at Wood Farm; couldn't Porker have kept her company at the house?

Interesting that they were all there as a report on the BBC this week only confirmed the Waleses and Wessexes. If the Phillipses had stayed at Gatcombe at least Autumn could have seen her girls too. I hope she gets them at New Year; living so close they could have shared on both days so really the girls miss out.

Princess Alexandra's 86th birthday today. Alexandra Helen Elizabeth Olga Christabel. I wonder if the Christabel is as a Christmas baby? Alexander was one of her father's names, her maternal grandmother was Elena (so you can see the Helen too in her niece Lady Helen), and her mother's paternal grandmother was Olga. I wonder if the Elizabeth was after the new Queen Consort Elizabeth given that Alexandra was born in 1936?

Interestingly, the late Alice, Duchess of Gloucester was also a Christmas Day baby, born in 1901, and her second name was Christabel so Alexandra could have got it from her aunt by marriage who perhaps got it as a Christmas baby. Princess Alice was also first cousin to the paternal grandmother of Sarah, Duchess of York - they're all related! 😂

Reactions: 8
Really liked KC’s speech, in fairness it must have been so intimidating to follow his mother’s tradition.

Reactions: 8
I wonder if he has been pre-recording Christmas speeches for some years. Just in case, because let’s face it HMTQ was old enough to suddenly drop dead for a couple of years now. Or at least planned out to be prepared? Or would they have shown her speech if she had died after recording?

I liked the speech and the way they produced it. St. George’s gave a beautiful background AND there were no pictures on desks to interpret for messages.

Reactions: 10
genuinely feel I know more about Archie following that documentary than I do any of the Wales’ children.
I don't feel I know much at all about Archie after the documentary. Maybe I didn't pay enough attention, but all we saw was a cute toddler playing and a picture of him in the bath. We don't know where he goes to preschool, his nanny or anything. I agree he would have been protected as a member of the RF but he would have been wheeled out for the press fairly regularly as payment for that protection. Especially as he clearly looks mixed race. The DM would have used him to bait their more knuckle dragging readers as often as they could.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.