The Royal Family #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cool @TYL159, call us when William becomes a regular churchgoer. šŸ˜‚

ANYWAY letā€™s move on!

The Telegraph is saying that Harry & Meghan will get invites to the coronation. Apparently a source said ā€œall family are welcomeā€. Do you think theyā€™ll go? I honestly donā€™t know.

Reactions: 4
Why would anyone ask anyone that question? Itā€™s not an either/or thing, there are other religions in the world.
Honestly, this is a weird and xenophobic take, itā€™s nothing to do with the royal family, so just let it go, yeah?
Well, almost 200,000 put their religion as Jedi on the census so ā€¦ probably a pinch of salt is needed for many answers.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

ANYWAY letā€™s move on!

The Telegraph is saying that Harry & Meghan will get invites to the coronation. Apparently a source said ā€œall family are welcomeā€. Do you think theyā€™ll go? I honestly donā€™t know.
I reckon Harry might, not sure about Meghan.

Havenā€™t we been here before? šŸ™„ Perhaps there should be a separate thread started in Off Topic so those interested could agree/disagree to their hearts content.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Cool TYL159, call us when William becomes a regular churchgoer.

ANYWAY

I canā€™t help but feel that TQ dying caused a few edits of the documentary and possibly the book in charles favour. I think if it was just this Netflix series then yes theyā€™d both be at the coronation. If the book isnā€™t edited to the same degree then anything could happen.

I do think Charles loves him deeply and would prefer to make amends and calm everything down. I think deep down Harry feels the same. Iā€™m not sure if the damage has been done with the public though.

Reactions: 10
I canā€™t help but feel that TQ dying caused a few edits of the documentary and possibly the book in charles favour. I think if it was just this Netflix series then yes theyā€™d both be at the coronation. If the book isnā€™t edited to the same degree then anything could happen.

I do think Charles loves him deeply and would prefer to make amends and calm everything down. I think deep down Harry feels the same. Iā€™m not sure if the damage has been done with the public though.
Well 98% of Daily Mail readers want to strip Harry and Meghan of their royal titles, not much of a surprise

Reactions: 1
See @TYL159 98% is most. 48% is a little under half.
Sorry I'm gonna move it forward now as that was the most bizarre couple of posts I've ever read šŸ¤£
I've watched the last episodes now. I actually don't think it's been that bad certainly not damaging to the family. I'm felt a bit sad when David olusoga (šŸ„°) was talking about the common wealth and what an asset Meghan would have been to the royal family because it was true. Her and Harry could have really modernised it in a way that William and Kate can't. All in all I think it's all very sad.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I reckon Harry might, not sure about Meghan.
I read something, donā€™t know how true it is, that because Harry is a royal duke he would have to kneel to the King at the coronation. Might be something for Harry to consider before he RSVPs

Reactions: 3

They always find a way to respond even though their supporters pretend they are voiceless.

From the article:
"Kate was a commoner, so certainly didn't fit the royal mould. Her maternal grandfather, my father, was a painter and decorator and her grandmother was an accounts clerk, and what they gave her was a huge work ethic.'

Give me strength šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 16
H & M would look like the most almighty hypocrites if they did go the Coronation.
The family is awful. They bulled us, they planted stories about us, William is a racist, Catherine is a witch, Charles is a liar....yeah, we'd love to come thanks.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

ANYWAY letā€™s move on!

I think theyā€™ll go. They went to the jubilee so I feel like they will still turn up to events they have been invited to.

Reactions: 8
Charles went to visit a Jewish community centre earlier today (and danced with Anne Frank's stepsister). The centre's chief executive said that Charles had turned up with a boot full of rice and tinned tuna to go into the packages and hampers the centre was putting together for local residents.

I wonder if he did similar with the gurdwara he visited a couple of weeks ago which feeds people every day or gave a donation? You only hear about it if the charity mentions it as above. Certainly it was made public that Queen Elizabeth had made a substantial personal donation to the IRC appeal for Ukraine.
Much of what KC does isnā€™t reported or public. During the mourning period of the Queen, many people from all walks of life gave insights of what heā€™d done to help individuals personally, charities and organisations. These acts of kindness have gone back years and wouldnā€™t be known unless these various members of the public came forward with snippets of stories.
I also watched a documentary about him with people from different faiths who said he regularly attends homes or communities to get a better sense of intergration, inclusion and projects to strengthen these. Many from the Muslim community said he has championed them more than any other celebrity or politician and were felt they are counted and recognised. If I remember correctly that documentary is on Netflix about all royals and gives lots of royal history too. Worth a watch.

Reactions: 12
So he will still have the title 'Defender of the Faith' then
What I thought was he would a defender 'of faiths' Christ only ten years ago Catholics (and only Catholics) were off limits. Peter Phillips now ex wife had to renounce her Catholicism despite him not being within an assess' roar of the Throne

Reactions: 5
See @TYL159 98% is most. 48% is a little under half.
Sorry I'm gonna move it forward now as that was the most bizarre couple of posts I've ever read šŸ¤£
I've watched the last episodes now. I actually don't think it's been that bad certainly not damaging to the family. I'm felt a bit sad when David olusoga (šŸ„°) was talking about the common wealth and what an asset Meghan would have been to the royal family because it was true. Her and Harry could have really modernised it in a way that William and Kate can't. All in all I think it's all very sad.
David has such a soothing voice! What he said was really interesting, Iā€™m glad he was part of the documentary.

Reactions: 5
The late Queen Elizabeth IIā€™s coronation speech in 1953 included one key line, in which she promised to be ā€˜Defender of the Faith upholding the rights of the Church of Englandā€™. This is a title which has been used as part of the full style of many English, Scottish, and later British monarchs since the early 16th century.
Well, I doubt very much that Scottish monarchs gave much of a tit about the CofE, frankly. After the Union of the Crowns, James VI & I and Charles I only liked it because it was weedy enough to give in to their ideas about the divine right of kings.

The Scots have always been stroppier about their religion, whether it's hurling stools at pulpits, fighting civil wars and uprisings about religion, and willing to die for Presbyterianism in the case of the Covenanters. They made Charles II swear an oath to uphold it at his coronation at Scone and even now the monarch has to sign an agreement to uphold the Church of Scotland, despite it not being an established church. The stroppiness of the CofS extends to its governing body, the General Assembly, which didn't hesitate to lay into UK politicians in lieu of a Scottish Parliament. It's also quite forward thinking too, having had women ministers for years before the CofE, most being quite happy with gay ministers and equal marriage, and seeing no problem with divorce, hence Anne and Tim getting married at Crathie Kirk unlike Charles and Camilla who could only get a blessing of their civil marriage.

Apart from various Northern Irish descended bigoted lunatics, no one really gives much about of a tit either about a multitude of religions and churches. Eh, you do you, pal; it's between you and your god, the basis of our version of Calvinism and the reason for the insistence on education. You can have a legal pagan handfasting too as well as celebrating many other religions.

I really can't think of why Charles shouldn't change the coronation oath; it's not as though many people are actively Christian, let alone a majority of the population.

Reactions: 8
'Christian' also includes Catholic ( a huge number of whom are Polish, South American, Portuguese and Indian, if the congregation when I take my mother to church is anything to go by) and huge numbers of evangelical, Baptist etc churches. They also inflate hugely the numbers of churchgoers. Charles defending the C of E, where I suspect most of the cultural Christians who haven't been anywhere near a church doesn't mean much. The King has as much to do with the Catholic Church as he does to Judaism (If you exclude his family murdering so many of them in the past, that is)

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Just watching the last episode of the Meghan and Harry doc. I do feel bad for them re the press intrusion. It looks horrendous having 24 hour helicopters, drones and people following you around and trying to break into your house. I mean obviously some of it is self serving and ridiculous and that is what is picked up by the the press. The Beyonce message was cringe and should have been left on the cutting room floor and has distracted from the more serious issues of why the press is basically harassing them to this extent. It was very stupid to compare their private jet to a 'freedom flight' as if they were fleeing a war zone. But you can only live your own life, otherwise no one can moan about anything. But the press obsession with them is driving all this. The press ( and the Mail who is feeding this) just need to stop talking about them. Let them do what they are doing on their own terms without the press publicising their every move and uttering on their site. If I wanted to listen to Meghans Spotify I'd have paid for it. I didn't, but I know what was in it and who was interviewed. They are so easy to avoid if it was just them, but they are on the front page of every paper. Of course it will not stop, because too many people love to hate them. The Meghan and Harry thread on here is nearly 300 threads long, compared to 100 for all of showbiz and 30 for the rest of the RF.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
I'm in no way a Meghan fan but what makes me uncomfortable is when people say (there was a guy in a video on the H&M thread) Meghan hasn't experience racism because she is white. INCORRECT...
A. she is not white she is light skinned mixed race, if you stand her next to Helen Mirren you will see she is not 'white'
B. Are you saying mixed raced people cant experience racism? again INCORRECT maybe not as bad as a dark POC but they can still experience racism. In fact her son Archie (who is also mixed raced) experienced it when Danny Baker posted a picture of a monkey up!

So stop with this bullshit!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I'm in no way a Meghan fan but what makes me uncomfortable is when people say (there was a guy in a video on the H&M thread) Meghan hasn't experience racism because she is white. INCORRECT...
A. she is not white she is light skinned mixed race, if you stand her next to Helen Mirren you will see she is not 'white'
B. Are you saying mixed raced people cant experience racism? again INCORRECT maybe not as bad as a dark POC but they can still experience racism. In fact her son Archie (who is also mixed raced) experienced it when Danny Baker posted a picture of a monkey up!

So stop with this bullshit!
šŸ‘
As a mixed race woman myself who could probably pass for white I can't stand it when people say "I didn't know you were black, you look white" as if white is the standard we should be aiming for.
She definitely experienced racism there is no two ways about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.