The Royal Family #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am disgusted they let PA in on the walk and he was apparently shaking hands.
The problem with Prince Andrew is he is such an arrogant, entitled prick that he still doesn't understand that his position in TRF has changed forever.
Anyone else would have just stayed away or been very low key but Andrew still thinks he's done nothing wrong so will never do the decent thing. He takes every tiny opportunity to put himself back in the public eye.

Reactions: 20
Beatrice,Eugenie and Price Williams children are all entitled to the titles they hold. Especially William and Catherines children that are heirs to the throne. What is your point?
Because imo it should only be direct heirs and no one else, like the European Royals have done. So if you aren't directly in line, you are in the family, but not working Royals. Charlotte and Louis will only he close enough to the Throne until George has children then, as adults they will be chucked on the scrapheap.

Reactions: 8
The problem with Prince Andrew is he is such an arrogant, entitled prick that he still doesn't understand that his position in TRF has changed forever.
Anyone else would have just stayed away or been very low key but Andrew still thinks he's done nothing wrong so will never do the decent thing. He takes every tiny opportunity to put himself back in the public eye.
It's just bizarre isn't it. You'd think after having done it all his life he'd be sick of having to do it and be glad to not have to go and do the facade. Instead he goes because he wants to show he's still got power.

Reactions: 6
Andrew at church is fine to me. Christianity is all about forgiveness (genuine forgiveness and understanding which I doubt he's capable of but uh miracles happen???) and maybe God will beat him upside the head one day with a revelation eh? The walk - ehhh probably not.

Reactions: 7
If people want to discuss their personalised twitter trending list it's probably best in the twitter thread. That whole platform is designed to show you stuff you agree with and make an echo chamber to back up your own pov, even if it's niche.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I don't feel I know much at all about Archie after the documentary. Maybe I didn't pay enough attention, but all we saw was a cute toddler playing and a picture of him in the bath. We don't know where he goes to preschool, his nanny or anything. I agree he would have been protected as a member of the RF but he would have been wheeled out for the press fairly regularly as payment for that protection. Especially as he clearly looks mixed race. The DM would have used him to bait their more knuckle dragging readers as often as they could.
They showed personal photos and videos of him in the documentary which I personally think is far more invasive than anything we have ever seen of the Wales’.

I don’t have a strong opinion on Harry and Meghan either way, but I do think they waited on releasing many photos of their children because they sold the rights to the highest bidder - Netflix. And I think that’s a bit grim.

I really don’t think we know much about Louis, Charlotte and George. We saw Louis acting up but he’s 3/4, so that’s not really knowing anything is it… that’s just a toddler being a toddler. I think there was a video of Charlotte liking spiders talking to David Attenborough maybe? There definitely aren’t photos of them in the bath or in their bedrooms/nurseries. Their private lives are kept totally private.

For all Harry goes on about wanting to protect his family from the press, I personally think William is actually better at it? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 27
He's certainly aged. I think Charles and Anne look better despite being over a decade older!

I understand that he's a member of the family rather than the working Firm, just as Peter, Beatrice and Eugenie were included, but it's definitely bad optics. It was said in one source a month or so back that Fergie was to be included in the family get together at Sandringham rather than stuck out at Wood Farm; couldn't Porker have kept her company at the house?

Interesting that they were all there as a report on the BBC this week only confirmed the Waleses and Wessexes. If the Phillipses had stayed at Gatcombe at least Autumn could have seen her girls too. I hope she gets them at New Year; living so close they could have shared on both days so really the girls miss out.

Princess Alexandra's 86th birthday today. Alexandra Helen Elizabeth Olga Christabel. I wonder if the Christabel is as a Christmas baby? Alexander was one of her father's names, her maternal grandmother was Elena (so you can see the Helen too in her niece Lady Helen), and her mother's paternal grandmother was Olga. I wonder if the Elizabeth was after the new Queen Consort Elizabeth given that Alexandra was born in 1936?

Interestingly, the late Alice, Duchess of Gloucester was also a Christmas Day baby, born in 1901, and her second name was Christabel so Alexandra could have got it from her aunt by marriage who perhaps got it as a Christmas baby. Princess Alice was also first cousin to the paternal grandmother of Sarah, Duchess of York - they're all related! 😂
You lost me at banana. 😁

Reactions: 1
They showed personal photos and videos of him in the documentary which I personally think is far more invasive than anything we have ever seen of the Wales’.

I don’t have a strong opinion on Harry and Meghan either way, but I do think they waited on releasing many photos of their children because they sold the rights to the highest bidder - Netflix. And I think that’s a bit grim.

I really don’t think we know much about Louis, Charlotte and George. We saw Louis acting up but he’s 3/4, so that’s not really knowing anything is it… that’s just a toddler being a toddler. I think there was a video of Charlotte liking spiders talking to David Attenborough maybe? There definitely aren’t photos of them in the bath or in their bedrooms/nurseries. Their private lives are kept totally private.

For all Harry goes on about wanting to protect his family from the press, I personally think William is actually better at it? 🤷🏻‍♀️
It feels like we see the Wales children exactly when they want to be seen.

For Sussexs it feels like they've shared stuff that wasn't solely taken for public consumption. Does feel a bit icky that it was sold to the highest bidder.

Hard to compare the two situations as they're both problematic in different ways.

Reactions: 19

I think the Wales children's privacy is better protected at the moment. They'll be the first royals to go through their teens and early twenties in the age of the camera phone though so it might be more difficult to manage then. There won't be the same interest in Harry's kids as there will be in William's as teenagers (unless Harry and Meghan do something to create that interest which I wouldn't rule out) so they should find it easier then.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I think the Wales children's privacy is better protected at the moment. They'll be the first royals to go through their teens and early twenties in the age of the camera phone though so it might be more difficult to manage then. There won't be the same interest in Harry's kids as there will be in William's as teenagers (unless Harry and Meghan do something to create that interest which I wouldn't rule out) so they should find it easier then.
Yeah, totally agree with that. Although, the British press won’t publish any images like that if they’re under the age of 16, and probably under the age of 18 (although they will get on social media obviously), but American press will. So I think it does definitely depend on what Harry and Meghan do and if there is still interest in them in 10/15 years time.

Reactions: 2
Yeah, totally agree with that. Although, the British press won’t publish any images like that if they’re under the age of 16, and probably under the age of 18 (although they will get on social media obviously), but American press will. So I think it does definitely depend on what Harry and Meghan do and if there is still interest in them in 10/15 years time.
America's more showbizzy they'd probably be disappointed if the press ignore them . Harry’s been told to shut it for a long time 😅

Last edited:
I think the ironic thing is that W&C have created a much more securely private life for their children than H&M. H&M had some big problem about releasing photos to the rota but it’s exactly that that gives George Charlotte and Louis almost total privacy. We see a handful of official photos a year of them, carefully posed and chosen by their parents that give us next to no details about them. W&C might share the odd titbit in conversation “oh George is learning about volcanoes” or “Louis loves to hug” but considering how quickly kids change their minds i doubt much of what we know is even still the case.

Unlike Archie and Lili we didn’t see them take their first steps, their birthday parties, in the bath, what their bedrooms are like etc. the fact is, Harry and Meghan had to give Netflix something to make them worth the money and that thing was the sheer number of unseen images and content. I just think it’s useful for them that they’d almost totally hidden their children from view only to launch them to the world via Netflix.

As someone above said, G,C&L will be unique in that they will be the first teenagers at the top of the royal family and therefore public interest in the age of social media and smartphones. It must be a worry to their parents and security team already about how they’re going to handle it. Imagine George goes to a club, and suddenly people are tweeting out pics basically giving out his live location? There may well be a media deal in place to protect them at uni etc but the general public, especially fellow teens, probably won’t be the same.

*puts on tin hat*. She looks lovely, that colour and style suits her well and I really like the way she’s made her place in the family, the good things she’s doing, that she’s a great mum, but every time I see her I can’t help thinking she looks way too thin. She has a slight build naturally, but bending down to chat to children yesterday, the shape of her bones were visible through a winter coat. It’s been a difficult few years and I’d be concerned about anyone’s health who’d had all that stuff to go through. None of my business but I just think she’d look healthier with a little bit of meat on her bones. JMO, not body shaming, I know she’s fit and a busy mum and all that stuff. But after 40 you need to look after your bones.
Whilst I do agree she is very thin, and I’ve no doubt the past few years have taken a toll on her, there’s surely no way he hair would that full and glossy if the was dangerously underweight/not giving her body the fuel it needs.

That being said I don’t really blame her for being so slim considering I imagine her diet and exercise are one of the only things she can have total control over.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I hadn’t thought about the added complication of smart phones. Even if they have loyal friends there will be plenty of people their own age who will be in clubs etc and who won’t feel any need to protect their privacy. What a nightmare for their parents.

Reactions: 5
H&M kept the kids cloistered so they could make a buck. It's not about privacy and never was, nor is it about their kids. It's about money for both of them.

I'm on the 'Kate is far too thin' train. We know she has extensions for hair like that (I've considered doing it myself!). Frankly I've been afraid for her for years with how she looks. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Any views on Kate’s hat? I can see it’s been well received but I thought it was too big and a bit Sloaney. Camilla’s looked like it was modelled on a turkey to me 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Any views on Kate’s hat? I can see it’s been well received but I thought it was too big and a bit Sloaney. Camilla’s looked like it was modelled on a turkey to me 🤣
🤣
I have to say I thought the Queen would have had issues with Kate’s hat mainly because it meant much of her face was in shadow.

I hadn’t thought about the added complication of smart phones. Even if they have loyal friends there will be plenty of people their own age who will be in clubs etc and who won’t feel any need to protect their privacy. What a nightmare for their parents.
Smartphones with cameras have been common throughout the 2010's but how many candid night out pics did we ever see of Will, Harry and the cousins? Harry was a party boy and frequently out with Chelsy but we never got pics. The only one I remember is the Harry pic from Vegas

Reactions: 1
Smartphones with cameras have been common throughout the 2010's but how many candid night out pics did we ever see of Will, Harry and the cousins? Harry was a party boy and frequently out with Chelsy but we never got pics. The only one I remember is the Harry pic from Vegas
there's plenty photos from outside the clubs. Didn't Harry get into a fight with a photographer once?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.