The Royal Family #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He’ll probably say (and his fans/Meghan haters) that it’s just a joke, he was messing around but it’s not. It’s nastiness and misogyny trying to be covered up with ‘it’s just banter! It’s just a joke!’. Every 3 days a woman is murdered in the UK and he’s saying tit like this?
The man’s an idiot who just spouts crap for attention, he has daughters and wouldn’t like this said about them

Reactions: 8
Looks like Meghan and Harry have been invited to the coronation. Just seen it on the metro page. I don't know how to link it though

it’s Jeremy Clarkson. Nuff said. But it’s a new low for him.
I found it really good that the monkey picture was put into the right context in the Netflix Programm. It wasn’t racist. But it was stupid and the broadcaster could have found another image. Being stupid can have consequences. That’s life.
In the end H&M basically agreed with his assessment of Archie‘s future. Wasn’t that part of why they left?

Reactions: 6
That's actually disturbed
It's the fact too that this isn't just some weirdo ranting on twitter, but was commissioned, edited and likely resulted in a handsome fee.
Comparing Rose West to the FM and Meghan too..... then the misogyny about street shaming a woman, what is wrong with this man? Gosh, someone said he has daughters too, what a disgrace to them, even if in his eyes it's all about shock jock humour or whatever, pretty sad.

Reactions: 14
It's the fact too that this isn't just some weirdo ranting on twitter, but was commissioned, edited and likely resulted in a handsome fee.
Comparing Rose West to the FM and Meghan too..... then the misogyny about street shaming a woman, what is wrong with this man? Gosh, someone said he has daughters too, what a disgrace to them, even if in his eyes it's all about shock jock humour or whatever, pretty sad.
It's insane

Reactions: 8
Obviously very weird what JC said, do you think it was in reference to the 'shame' walk in game of thrones? A character had to walk naked through the streets while people pelted her with food. Obviously the GOT scene may have been in reference to something else.

Reactions: 4
Obviously very weird what JC said, do you think it was in reference to the 'shame' walk in game of thrones? A character had to walk naked through the streets while people pelted her with food. Obviously the GOT scene may have been in reference to something else.

That's what it reminded me of. It was a very shocking scene, even though Cersei Lannister was a horrible character and designed to humiliate and dehumanised her character.

Reactions: 2
I think Jeremy Clarkson's article is weird and disgusting but I don't get why people go on about being Meghan being a young mother when they're defending her. She's not that young and what's her being a mother got to do with it anyway? Its not like it's alright to write articles like this about people who don't have kids.

I doubt Jeremy Clarkson is genuinely lying awake fantasising about this. He's exaggerating to get a reaction to his column. It's what he does.
It's what MM does too..and maybe this is the point of the article?

Reactions: 2
Misogyny like that shouldn’t be published in prominent newspapers in a country where women are regularly murdered. I don’t care if he’s joking, it’s really that simple. It’s not okay and I’m really surprised that people are willing to accept it because they also don’t like the woman in question. Glad to see so many here see how gross it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Sorry but are there no press standards or regulations? In Canada there would be fines for that at the very least. I’m not trying to say this condescendingly either, but genuinely wondering— surely there are some sort of regulations, it‘s like something not even a deranged bot would post on Twitter let alone something printed in a widely circulated paper.

Reactions: 13
Sorry but are there no press standards or regulations? In Canada there would be fines for that at the very least. I’m not trying to say this condescendingly either, but genuinely wondering— surely there are some sort of regulations, it‘s like something not even a deranged bot would post on Twitter let alone something printed in a widely circulated paper.
There are (despite what people claim)

I have said nice things about Camilla in the past and I think her work on domestic violence is great but this is very disappointing and only furthers claims of collusion between the Press and the Palace

I mean Morgan and Clarkson at the same lunch...it's enough to make anyone lose their appetite.

FkMUvW9WQAMsxvx.jpeg

Reactions: 17
I have said nice things about Camilla in the past and I think her work on domestic violence is great but this is very disappointing and only furthers claims of collusion between the Press and the Palace

I mean Morgan and Clarkson at the same lunch...it's enough to make anyone lose their appetite.

View attachment 1814667
I was just about to write about this!!
I couldn’t find this on the Court Circular so not sure if this is an official engagement but wtf.

Reactions: 6
I was just about to write about this!!
I couldn’t find this on the Court Circular so not sure if this is an official engagement but wtf.
That Daily Mail headline sends me. I like Claudia and Judi fine, but if Piers and Jeremy are the best you’ve got, then that’s a pretty tedious lunch. Surprised Camilla associates with Clarkson after all the good work she does with DV. Why does she let them drag her down? Isn’t it wiser as Queen to stay above that fray?

Mind you, between this and Charles hiring Daily Mail staffers as his PR, it really does support H&M’s claims of deals with the RF and the tabloids. I wonder if the other European queens have sit down dinners with tabloid columnists?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Could you imagine if Clarkson had said this about Kate? The likes of the Mail would be complaining about it on the front page and they'd be trying to force an apology

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.