The Royal Family #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
100% this! You can not keep behaving in a way that constantly attracts negative press and feedback when you’re supposed to be the backbone of the U.K. & almost everyone of the Royals, at some point, has behaved awfully.

The constant competition between Harry & Meghan & William & Kate really irks me. It’s as if you have to choose a side. You can actually like both or you can criticise both. You can like one and actually be impartial or unbiased on the other. But it’s all very much a huge hate campaign against both couples, I struggle to understand why people get so out of sorts over them. It’s not like you’re average Tattle story where they’ve ripped someone off, lied about surgery or filters or not classed an Ad, an Ad! People actually froth at the mouth over them. I just don’t get that.
I’m the polar opposite with this than you. I can understand people tattling about royals more than celebs and influencers. Celebs and influencers are very easy to ignore if you want to, following them is a choice. We don’t have to support their lifestyle, give them senior positions of state just for making it through the birth canal, curtesy to them and call them royal highness. Anyone one who unironically uses a title like royal highness is worth-a-watching in my book. I don’t tattle about either couple as I generally don’t find them interesting enough to want to discuss them. I tend to only venture over here when it’s royal overload and I’m getting sick of the sight of them.

I spent time in care after a dreadful childhood. The years of abject neglect ended with my alcoholic mother dying on our kitchen floor after she’d taking another severe beating from her current tit boyfriend. There were no adults there for us before during or after her death, I am so f*cking sick of Harry’s tit and the poor little Harry narrative that surrounds him. My brother and I went on to make something of our lives and truly have broken the cycle. That will never happen with Harry no matter how much therapy he has because he’s in a loving, committed and lifelong relationship with his victimhood.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
I seen mention of Williams temper here a few times. I've honestly seen him angry once when the family were being chased by a journalist while out on a bike ride (I'd have lost my temper too 🙈), but I must be missing other situations?

Reactions: 7
I seen mention of Williams temper here a few times. I've honestly seen him angry once when the family were being chased by a journalist while out on a bike ride (I'd have lost my temper too 🙈), but I must be missing other situations?
He’s constantly described as “furious” or “incandescent with rage” in stories that are otherwise positive and from his point of view. It’s really weird. Obviously it could all be bollocks, but when it comes from William-sympathetic writers, then it seems that could be how he wants to come across?
There are also stories from staff about his temper when he was young, iirc.

It also shows on his jaw, he is TENSE. I hope there’s a royal masseuse!

Reactions: 10

Damage control or just the start of Charles’ moves?
I think it's more of a preventative measure. Don't think most people knew that he still had an office at BP and Charles is getting him out of there before it becomes a story in a paper one day and there's a huge backlash. Good move in my opinion.

I saw that video and he was angry but not in an ott way considering the situation. He seemed angry and upset but in control of himself. There are a lot of newspaper reports that describe him as livid etc (mostly in relation to Harry i think?) but there's nothing wrong with feeling anger as long as you don't take it out on others and you deal with it without hurting anyone. There are a lot of mentions of it though so maybe there is something in it.

Reactions: 6
to be fair, the temper for both Charles and William seems an open secret

The Geidt situation isn’t the only time Charles and William have had a row. A fiery temper is a trait both share—royal expert Penny Junor, who has known Charles for three decades, has said of the monarch “[he] has a terrible temper and has a great tendency to feel sorry for himself.” Fellow royal expert Tina Brown described Charles as “emotional,” and, according to The Daily Express, William’s biographer Robert Jobson describes him the exact same way.

“[William’s] fiery temper can blow up at any time—usually when he’s frustrated or when it comes to issues regarding his family,” Jobson writes. “Even senior members of his circle will ‘check which way the wind is blowing’ before becoming too self-assured in his presence or raising problematic issues that might be better addressed at another time. Other insiders confide that William can be an emotional character who is, on occasion, ‘difficult to handle.’”

Of Charles, Low quotes a former member of Charles’ staff as saying “he had strong opinions. He also had a proper temper on him, which was quite fun. He would rarely direct it at the individual. It would be about something, and he would lose his temper. He would throw something. He would go from zero to 60 in a flash, then back down again.”

Yet despite both having a propensity for temperamental outbursts, according to The Daily Express, William’s temper even shocked Charles.

“Sometimes, the level of William’s belligerence has shocked his father, who’s always loathed confrontation,” Jobson writes. “The result is that Charles tends to tread carefully when dealing with his heir and fails to pull him up on his lack of respect.”

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Going back to the abdication, you'd hope there would be a plan for Charles not to carry on being the King until his death.

The last few years with the queens health deteriorating leaving no one running the show I think contributed to lots of the mess. And she was much more capable than Charles ever will be.

Reactions: 5
I think the real shame of it all is what an amazing team the four of them could have made. People were so excited for it and both brothers/wives offer something the other pair don't. They are polar opposites but in a good way when working together.

Reactions: 26
Even seeing them all together at the funeral flowers viewing thing... they looked so so good together... a real pity

• Sad
Going back to the abdication, you'd hope there would be a plan for Charles not to carry on being the King until his death.

The last few years with the queens health deteriorating leaving no one running the show I think contributed to lots of the mess. And she was much more capable than Charles ever will be.
Charles really should have been made Regent … whether it was something not thought appropriate in Jubilee year and would have happened later or whether the Queen was just totally resistant who knows, but things certainly seemed rudderless.

Charles really should have been made Regent … whether it was something not thought appropriate in Jubilee year and would have happened later or whether the Queen was just totally resistant who knows, but things certainly seemed rudderless.
Agreed, probably should have happened a few years before the platinum jubilee. It does seem like a big mistake in Elizabeth's reign.

Maybe the deterioration was rapid and by that point it was too late to make a change.

Reactions: 1
I’m the polar opposite with this than you. I can understand people tattling about royals more than celebs and influencers. Celebs and influencers are very easy to ignore if you want to, following them is a choice. We don’t have to support their lifestyle, give them senior positions of state just for making it through the birth canal, curtesy to them and call them royal highness. Anyone one who unironically uses a title like royal highness is worth-a-watching in my book. I don’t tattle about either couple as I generally don’t find them interesting enough to want to discuss them. I tend to only venture over here when it’s royal overload and I’m getting sick of the sight of them.

I spent time in care after a dreadful childhood. The years of abject neglect ended with my alcoholic mother dying on our kitchen floor after she’d taking another severe beating from her current tit boyfriend. There were no adults there for us before during or after her death, I am so f*cking sick of Harry’s tit and the poor little Harry narrative that surrounds him. My brother and I went on to make something of our lives and truly have broken the cycle. That will never happen with Harry no matter how much therapy he has because he’s in a loving, committed and lifelong relationship with his victimhood.
I agree. People go through terrible things but , at some point, as an adult you have to take responsibility for your life and move on.

I think it's more of a preventative measure. Don't think most people knew that he still had an office at BP and Charles is getting him out of there before it becomes a story in a paper one day and there's a huge backlash. Good move in my opinion.

I saw that video and he was angry but not in an ott way considering the situation. He seemed angry and upset but in control of himself. There are a lot of newspaper reports that describe him as livid etc (mostly in relation to Harry i think?) but there's nothing wrong with feeling anger as long as you don't take it out on others and you deal with it without hurting anyone. There are a lot of mentions of it though so maybe there is something in it.
What impressed me was he managed to be angry without swearing once!🤣

• Haha
‘Because regardless of what the Tabloids try to sell us, it’s not black hat verses white hat but just varying shades of grey hats and a complicated situation?’

Precisely…in a grey hat, with a white boa trim & black face net, worn at an artful tilt way.
Most fetchin’.

Started early this morning, mulled wine & mince pies handed out as we queued at the butchers.

• Haha
Don't they usually go post-xmas shooting or hunting? Bet they are together for that again so he's not completely banishing him from his side
They will be out on their ' normal shooting party' together on boxing day

I'm currently reading The Duchess The Untold Story by Penny Junior. I got it from the library. Can recommend it.
I've got to page 103/4 and Lady Susan Hussey is mentioned. Seems that the Van Cutsem's and Lady Hussey approached Camilla in the 1980s as they were worried about Charles mental health. Here's an excerpt
IMG_20221224_183216.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
ETA The book says The News of the World did a DNA test using Harry's hair. If Hewitt had been his father they would have exposed it.

• Wow
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.