The Royal Family #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello everyone! 👸 🤴 👑
Last thread we were discussing Harry and Meghan’s new documentary, the fall out from it and ended with the Cambridge Christmas card photo.
Carry on subjects!

Reactions: 5
I love the photo. I just don’t think it looks very Christmassy. They’re a lovely looking family.

Reactions: 12
I’m glad they got over that ‘dressing the kids like they were from the 1890s’ phase. Louis was lucky that fizzed out before it became his time to wear the itchy stratchy fugly costumes 🤣 Or perhaps it was him who rebelled against it, wouldn’t be surprised! The other two seem much happier out of them too, and no wonder. Agree it’s nice to see Charlotte just wearing normal playclothes and not having to pose in some pretty dress.

Reactions: 16
I think it's better to use a natural photo, rather than one where they've dressed up for the sole purpose of taking a Christmas card photo.

Reactions: 11
I’m glad they got over that ‘dressing the kids like they were from the 1890s’ phase. Louis was lucky that fizzed out before it became his time to wear the itchy stratchy fugly costumes 🤣 Or perhaps it was him who rebelled against it, wouldn’t be surprised! The other two seem much happier out of them too, and no wonder. Agree it’s nice to see Charlotte just wearing normal playclothes and not having to pose in some pretty dress.
Nah, Louis got the 1850’s jubilee sailor suit. He’s done in his time in the Royal archives.

I just wish they would stop the theming everything around Cambridge blue. We get it.
other colours are available.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Nah, Louis got the 1850’s jubilee sailor suit. He’s done in his time in the Royal archives.

I just wish they would stop the theming everything around Cambridge blue. We get it.
Kate seems to wear national colours on official trips abroad which very respectful but maybe the habit has spilled over to her family photos

Reactions: 1

Surely now all their stuff should be green, white and red? So Welsh and Christmas-y! I do think the match matches to a theme ( Oh look I'm in Ireland I have to he head to toe in green/ Jamaica? Get out the black and gold) is a bit twee, but they know their audience!

Reactions: 2
Think Will needs a new pair of jeans. Last time that colour was in fashion was the 90's

It's a nice photo, it's just not really Christmas-y and festive. Kate is usually so literal in her sartorial nods that I always expect something a little more on the nose.

Some lights, a fireplace, baking cookies together, a blouse or shirt in emerald green or cranberry red, a tartan blanket...all very cliched but oh so evocative of that warm and cozy Christmas spirit. I thought she looked lovely in that red and green tartan coat she wore in Christmas 2017.

What I've always noticed about the Waleses is that all their Christmas photos are outdoors. The cynic in me wonders if this is another way to not share what the interiors of their many homes look like and minimise questions on their extravagance or luxury.

Reactions: 17
Am I reading too much into this or is the new H and M trailer hunting at the rumours around William’s affair when it talks about unfavourable stories? I suppose it could equally be Andrew though…??

Reactions: 3
Am I reading too much into this or is the new H and M trailer hunting at the rumours around William’s affair when it talks about unfavourable stories? I suppose it could equally be Andrew though…??
I think none of us will know, unless Kate has been shafted and gives an explosive interview. I veer towards not believing that William had an an affair, but he knows the social media age even if Charles doesn't. But many are delusional enough to hear any of them say?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I don't know. Did the affair story appear in the British press?
I hope Harry and Meghan give specific examples and say X story appeared about William so Y story about Meghan was used to distract. They're too vague about it all and they're not really backing up what they're saying.

Reactions: 12
Yes if the lawyer has seen evidence now is the time to show everyone else so that we can believe H&M otherwise it’s just another vague accusation which can’t do much harm. They need to show the proof and specific examples to get people on side.

Reactions: 7
Yes if the lawyer has seen evidence now is the time to show everyone else so that we can believe H&M otherwise it’s just another vague accusation which can’t do much harm. They need to show the proof and specific examples to get people on side.
Exactly. Why can't they share that evidence? Or if they can't share that evidence for legal reasons why can't they at least tell us what stories they're referring to? If this was happening in the way they said it was, as often as they're implying, then why can't they be more specific about it?

Reactions: 5
I don't know. Did the affair story appear in the British press?
I hope Harry and Meghan give specific examples and say X story appeared about William so Y story about Meghan was used to distract. They're too vague about it all and they're not really backing up what they're saying.
I don't think the British press ever printed anything about William's alleged affair.

I reckon it is more likely to be about Andrew but they want people to think it's William. But saying that plenty was printed about Andrew. Maybe they are just talking BS.

Reactions: 7
I don't think the British press ever printed anything about William's alleged affair.

I reckon it is more likely to be about Andrew but they want people to think it's William. But saying that plenty was printed about Andrew. Maybe they are just talking BS.
It could even be something really minor that they're referring to. Like a very mildly critical article about William that nobody would have taken much notice of anyway. I think Harry and Meghan overestimate the amount of control that the palace have over the press. I'm sure they do deals about stories but I think if the press genuinely had something juicy they would run with it.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.