Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sunlifeover50

VIP Member
Something else I notice; the not very subtle undermining of the Queen Consort too, by implying she would be 'chuckling' at it. I find that highly unlikely.
I can’t imagine the RF are happy with the article at all. I think although they are problematic for him, Charles loves them, at the end of the day she is the mother of his grandchildren.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
I do think it's hard to compare just the numbers as different events may be far more work.

Sophie does 1/3rd more than Kate but they're probably lower profile and less effort?

Anne does over twice what Kate does and she's always called really hard working, so I think the 3 young children might be relevant there.

Impossible to tell.
She's not doing the logistics though. Her staff are doing that, and she has a lot of them for such an empty timetable. She is turning up after other people have done the ground work. The 3 young children excuse is pathetic. If she's a stay at home mum, why are we paying for her offices and nanny? Kate and William gave used the ' 3 young children' excuse far too many times.

Reactions: 22

Baby Giraffe

VIP Member
If they don't want the media to gossip and bitch about them then they shouldn't put their private lives out on Netflix in exchange for money
There’s a difference though between gossiping and the like and the odious and vile hatred that is evident in the Clarkson article

MemoryLane

Chatty Member
Seriously ... a man in his 30's who was in the army for 10 years and did a couple of tours in Afghanistan found his brother shouting 'terrifying'.

I think that is a genuine reaction. I grew up in a home full of domestic violence but what scared me the most was the shouting, screaming & yelling. Honestly, I’d rather someone laid in to me than yelled at me. It intimidates me and I’ve been known to cry. I’m quite a strong minded and strong willed person to. Weird, I know. I just can’t hack it!

• Heart

Jen667

VIP Member
I wish they'd both just STFU now. You got what you wanted. You keep saying you have your freedom and you're happy. Prove it.

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
If they don't want the media to gossip and bitch about them then they shouldn't put their private lives out on Netflix in exchange for money
The media were doing this well before Netflix and we'll before Oprah. The reason Netflix gave them the money is because they know the interest in them is immense, and that is driven by media reporting of their every utterance. Meghan has done nothing to deserve that amount of nastiness or that amount of obsession from two grown men- Piers Morgan and Jeremy Clarkson.

Come on TYL, I’m a Royalist and I don’t like Meghan but Clarkson’s article was abhorrent. It is indefensible. Surely you’re not too blinkered to see that?
I also very much doubt Camilla would chuckle at it. It was a disgusting piece of writing.
Especially as she actually did have eggs and things thrown at her for having an affair with her now husband, The King.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Popcorn&Peanuts

Isn't it sad how the Royal Family has suffered since the death of the Queen? MM has created so much sniping and division. What a pernicious "addition" she has been.
So true. The Lady Susan Hussey incident, Andrew's shenanigans, Jeremy Clarkson's nastiness...all thanks to Meghan. That dastardly Jezebel.

It's ironic how much her detractors invalidate her and insist she's insignificant while simultaneously ascribing so damn much power to this woman. 😅

• Haha
  • Heart

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Except that he said very clearly that they could not be sure that was the case. And why any woman should feel that 'blame' is attached I cannot fathom.
They absolutely shouldn't feel any blame. But I can assure you that every single woman who has ever miscarried has questioned what she did wrong. And I mean every. little. thing.

If my husband told everyone that he believed I'd miscarried as I was stressed, in my eyes, that puts the blame firmly on me. I didn't look after my mind and body enough, and so my baby died. You already question everything you did. Did I drink too much tea? Did I sit down too heavily that time? Did I forget to take my pregnancy vitamin one day? It eats you up inside.

Harry would never have said "oh she lost the baby because she had a glass of wine each weekend" or "she lost the baby because she was doing too much yoga".

He has no idea, and Meghan, woman-empowerer extraordinaire, should know better than to let him say such things.

• Heart
  • Sad

Basketweaver

Clarkson is far more popular amongst most British people now than Meghan. While after the trashing the ungrateful Duchess and her husband gave the royal family that made them who can blame the Queen Consort for having a chuckle at Clarkson’s article and why shouldn’t she go to lunch with him and Morgan? Meghan is quite happy to use Scobie and even Oprah for her purposes
Chuckling at degrading and dehumanising a person.....right....

• Sad

Lammington

VIP Member
Watching episode 5, Meghan says the letter she sent to her Dad was signed for by a different person (she didn’t recognise their handwriting). Who do you think it was? Also I didn’t read the letter or coverage when it was published to the Daily Mail but I didn’t realise they heavily redacted parts! It’s ridiculous!

Interesting on the same episode that they talk about relocating to South Africa and only Charles’ office, William’s office and the Queen’s office knew and then it was leaked to the press. Then they wanted to move to Canada and Harry didn’t want to put it into writing just in case it leaked again and Charles said he couldn’t do anything unless it’s in writing and then 5 days later it was on the front of a newspaper. Those offices must have been leaking stuff about Harry and Meghan. Thus family is bloody ridiculous.

Interesting on the same episode that they talk about relocating to South Africa and only Charles’ office, William’s office and the Queen’s office knew and then it was leaked to the press. Then they wanted to move to Canada and Harry didn’t want to put it into writing just in case it leaked again and Charles said he couldn’t do anything unless it’s in writing and then 5 days later it was on the front of a newspaper. Those offices must have been leaking stuff about Harry and Meghan.

Sorry for the double post, Tattle keeps freezing and won’t load for me.
Beware taking for gospel one-sided assumptions.
Assuming it must be leaked by the family because apparently only their offices knew ignores the other set of staff that knew - their own.

We have a tendency (that is very much fed by the media) to assume that there must always be a goodie and a baddie, when more often it's flawed people on both sides and an inability to communicate in a healthy way.

• Heart

Em_gardener

VIP Member
Regarding the so-called extra marital, interesting that Pippa Matthews' baby daughter is called Rose. I mean that's the sort of thing you would do to your Royal sister,, isn't it? A permanent reminder?
That, above all else, makes me doubt the affair rumours.

Reactions: 21

Joannabloggs

VIP Member
ETA The book says The News of the World did a DNA test using Harry's hair. If Hewitt had been his father they would have exposed it.
If that's true that is truly disgusting and Harry's right to feel anger about the British tabloid press and their relationship with his family. Harry would've been a boy when it would be exposed and his mother may have already been dead, what kind of sicko would want to put a child through that (as well as William), particularly when the parent in question cannot answer any of the questions.

I highly doubt the RF would needed to rely on NOTW to find out his paternity, they could quite easily do that themselves without the outside world finding out. Harry is the spit of the young Duke of Edinburgh so I don't know why this rumour persisted for so long

• Heart

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I can't believe that article got passed for publication.

It's one thing for Clarkson to write it. It's another to get editorial go ahead to print it. There really are no lines that can't be crossed these days.

It's the last thing TRF would want. I don't like Meghan but jeezus, that is some vitriol there.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Has he apologised though? Or has he said he is ”horrified by the reaction” was there a 'sorry' in that 'apology'
Nope, no sorry. More like ‘I’m horrified that it didn’t go the way I wanted it to’.
I honestly think he should lose his job over this. Wanting sexual violence against a woman in a country where women and girls are murdered, in average, every 3 days is just disgusting.
But of course he won’t because when have men really faced consequences of their actions?

• Heart

WatermelonSugar22

VIP Member
I'm not a Harry and Meghan fan at all but I think this is the TV appearance that they've come across best in and it's kind of surprising that it's the one they're getting the worst press for.
They’re getting the worst press for it because they’re calling out the press.
I don’t actually know if Brits realise how bad their tabloid press is? Like, in comparison to countries like NZ where there’s no Murdoch papers.

Emsie

VIP Member
Clarksons comments are standard for those that actively dislike Meghan. She really does live rent free in their heads. It's comments like this that I completely understand when she said she was scared. Jesus imagine being a person who had that day in day out about them.
The RF should respond to that. The problem is these old men, Jeremy Clarkson, piers Morgan think they are defending the queen (or the king now) when realistically one of the most powerful families doesn't need a washed up daytime TV presenter to back them.

View attachment 1815707

Emily Clarkson, Jeremy Clarkson's daughter, posted the above on her IG.

She brilliantly articulated what I've been trying to say which is I don't particularly care about these two as individuals but I strongly object to what I see as mass bullying of two humans.

Nothing...absolutely NOTHING...warrants any of what that vile man has said.
This sums up my feelings towards them. So well put!

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Whatamadworld

Chatty Member
I see that one paper had a headline mention if the burgundy colour that Kate and young Charlotte were wearing yesterday or day before (whenever it was) at a xmas parade/celebration were a dig at Meghan. I think the tabloids need to give it a rest.

It seems like they are trying to pit one woman against another. At the end of the day they are both in privileged positions due to who they married, sure, but it seems like they are both trying to find a way to be their own women. If the media would let it go the we wouldn't have to constantly hear about any of it really.

Reactions: 20