Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
It was true that the UK public lost their heads at that time. Princess Diana was such a public figure, pictured in the papers on daily basis just going about her business. The British public had seen her growing up before their eyes, from a seemingly shy mousey teenager into a global beauty with real star power. She had also, many believed, been cruelly used by the BRF.
When HM the Queen finally relented to public pressure to travel south to London, cutting short her annual holiday in Balmoral, and walked amongst the crowds the hostility was palpable. Shocking. I felt HM was brave to face the crowds. I've never witnessed anything like it before or since. For a while it wasn't obvious what the reaction would be. Luckily, the crowd was mollified by her presence.
It wasn't the crowd that needed to be mollified at that moment though. It was two children who had lost their mother and were probably comforted by having their father and grandparents around. They did not need to be paraded around looking at flowers. The DoE was palpably furious when a woman told him to ' look after the boys' after they had been forced away from doing just that because grown adults decided to go into some mass hysteria. The press were complicit in whipping up the outrage imo, because they knew they would be blamed. They decided to heap all the attention on The Royals to detract from their own complicity. The Queen should have said ' I'm sorry we are busy caring for two grieving children' instead of pandering to a baying mob.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

thegreencow

VIP Member
I'm actually on William's side for this one. He has had a lot of shit to deal with since the day his mother was chased to death in that Paris tunnel. Yes the driver was drunk but the press are definitely not blameless. William clearly has a rocky relationship with the media and has multiple times asked for privacy for his children. He and Catherine release photos on various occasions and we see the children multiple times a year at various events. I think asking journalists to keep away from their private home is more than fair.

Reactions: 31

Boring Monday

VIP Member
If she is shy and uncomfortable I’d rather her do whatever makes her feel less uneasy than wear something that isn’t ‘her’. We’ve had enough of them Trying to hammer square pegs into round holes to detrimental effect for the peg.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Great_Kate

VIP Member
I think you can absolutely see Diana for the flawed human she was and still say the RF did her dirty initially. She and Charles had risen above it mostly over the years. I think they would get on quite alright now if she was still alive.
You also don’t have to dislike H&M to point out that they are making a real shit show of their grand exit and don’t look happy or successful. It would be cool if they could shut up about his family and appear more sincere and long term invested in a charity issue, all while finally putting out quality content via their producing deals. If they get insanely rich doing so, I’d be happy for them and they can use their neighbours private jet for the daily morning coffee run for all they want - as long as they don’t lecture about the environment.
You can also dislike W&K for their idiotic “relatable” PR spin, think they are lazy and say she is most definitely unhealthily thin and still think they are doing an ok/good job. Their laziness will translate into the new work set up for a cut down monarchy. But they seem to be fine with each other and their life. And the children seem to be as well adjusted and happy as they can in this environment.
People are complex and neither is 100% perfect or 100% horrible. They are just as good and flawed as everybody else. Just because they are very privileged doesn’t mean they are fundamentally different in that regard. Neither do they need to be.

I find the pegging rumours pretty disgusting in so far, as it’s nobodies business as long as it’s two consenting adults. Why would you shame someone else about their sexual preferences/likes? That’s really low and says more about the person sending stuff like that around.

The personal level some of those gossip stuff goes to and the strong feelings some people have around them is pretty worrisome to be honest. If I would get so up in arms about them, I hope someone would give me a smack on the head and take away my internet access.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

elliebee27

VIP Member
At least unlike some Camilla uses that privilege to help others like her work for domestic violence and abuse survivors and literacy. I like her a lot. They're all privileged - but if you use that privilege for good it makes it sting a little less I suppose.. she is not afraid to say things that others would not say or get close to like really working with women's charities and being open about how women AND MEN are abused, trying to break the fear and stigma of it. I grew up in a household where my mother was abused (I was too)... it was really awful and I admire her for trying to do what she can.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I think we might be the first generation of ‘everyday people’ (aka non aristos) who have had an in-depth conversation with strangers on the future King’s potential love for taking it up the arse.
God bless the digital age.

• Haha
Reactions: 25

50sGirl

VIP Member
This looks intriguing.

Tbh it pisses me off when people dangle a carrot like that (not a euphemism!). He’s got a photo but not going to show it or say what it is because it’s so shocking. Why mention it then? Either show it or shut up. Attention seeker.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
The Queen doesn't personally own Buckingham Palace or Windsor Castle. However they still cost a lot to refurbish and maintain.

She has given a lifetime of service to her country and I am a diehard monarchist and always will be

If you live on the streets that is nothing to do with the royals, it is you who have failed to get paid employment and the government who manage economic policy and the welfare state
You scare me.

• Haha
  • Wow

BonBon27

VIP Member
Maybe William isn’t trying to “silence” his mum so much as let her rest in peace? She’s been gone for a long time and what’s in the past is in the past. Maybe it hurts him to have it all dragged up all the time. My mum died 5 years ago and while I want to remember her and talk about her with my kids and share what she was like, as I’m sure William does with Kate and the children who never knew her, I wouldn’t want to see her all over the media for things that happened 40 years ago.

• Heart

hannah123

VIP Member
She obviously didn’t use a surrogate, just ignoring the lunacy of it that she could have hidden that from all the members of the family, but her face and body had the visible signs of pregnancy.

Not to police threads, but one of the good things about this thread is it seems to be majority well rounded people just sharing different opinions in a reasonable calm way, please don’t bring conspiracy theories here.

Eeyore147

VIP Member
Wow, that video is quite something- William sounds really wobbly and emotional. Tbf the photographer sounds like a creep and a complete opportunist. Why is he releasing this video now? And there is a teaser at the end of more to come!?

No wonder Harry and Meghan left - imagine having to put up with this everywhere you went.
He just sounds like he’s protecting his family. Looks like they are out for a family bike ride, they don’t deserve to be stalked. Don’t blame him for getting irked

Reactions: 23

Popcorn&Peanuts

There are lots of photos of William and Kate looking bored of each other. Many of him walking far ahead of her and leaving her behind, which protocol or not, doesn't look too chivalrous.

BUT...I don't think it means their marriage is on the rocks. I also don't think shots of them grinning and giggling mean that all is perfect either. They're pictures; they are a tiny snapshot (literally) of a moment in time. Who knows what goes in a marriage? What I do believe is that Kate will not leave and she will keep it together in public, come what may. I also think William is adamant that he will not divorce.

Having said all that, I definitely can believe that an affair can or has happened. I don't know what's going on with the fairytale revisionist history but there were lots of rumours of William's philandering ways in their uni and post-uni days (2004 - 2007). It's the complete glorification on one side and villification of the other that I cannot understand. These are some very flawed, entitled and morally dubious characters we're talking about...the whole lot of them, bar none.

Reactions: 23

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
Why on earth would their life have been hellish? Harry and Meghan's paranoia and attention seeking creates a bit of a hype around interest in them. The Cambridge kids are way more important than the Sussexes and they seem to live a relatively normal life with a lot of privacy - there are rarely pap pics of them. The line of succession thing is another story. I used to think that the surrogacy stories were stupid fantasy, but in everything that Harry and Meghan have talked about, whinged about, and denied, they have never uttered a word about the pain of being accused of using surrogates? It makes you think that there might be some truth in it. And we're in 2022 - it's a wonderful world where families can be helped to create their family and no one at all should be shamed for any assistance that they need, but if you're a member of a Royal family and you have lied or deceived people about it, then it's a whole different story. If they used surrogates, they should have been honest about it from the start and the place of children born by surrogacy does need to be considered in the line of succession.
Lol more likely they didn't respond because some nutjobs on the Internet who are too invested in the lives of these people made up some shit about surrogacy and it didn't warrant any attention whatsoever! If they did deny it, people wouldn't believe them anyway. They are annoying, but that doesn't mean that they couldn't have children the normal way. It is insulting to infertile women to think just because you think someone is evil incarnate it renders them infertile. Horrible people get pregnant all the time, and perfectly nice people have problems conceiving. And women also get pregnant in their late 30's too. Its not impossible!

• Heart
Reactions: 22

queenamber

VIP Member
I'm far less concerned about a Prince who enjoys a bit of pegging in what sounds like an open marriage and far more concerned about his literal child sex offender of an Uncle who used taxpayer funds to pay off his accusers.

Silverplume

And if Kate “waited for” William, what about it? They’re married with three children now. Who did Kate hurt or abuse with her choices? What is shocking about a young woman not working on a big career? I don’t understand this line of criticism.

Emsie

VIP Member
It seems you can take drugs to make you look like you've been pregnant. This is the response I got when I questioned how she looked like she had had a baby when they were showing the baby off at Windsor I think?
I've never had children but I was curious. It was also explained to me that you can't squat down in high heels and back up again without difficulty like she did when she was getting quite big. I suppose if it had been anyone other than a royal the media would have exposed her by now if it is true...
This is silly. Your dad didn't see bump falling. Babies move around in the womb they don't just stay stock still til they are born. She was was pregnant and gave birth. She probably did have access to some medical care to get pregnant quickly given her age but 38 year old get pregnant naturally every day.
I don't know if I could squat when I was pregnant as I never attempted it.
Slate Megan for the things she did, this where the Megan haters lose traction as they start with all this silliness.
Her kids would have had it worse then the Cambridge kids give that their own family was concerned about their skin colour the daily fail readers would be having a field day any time one of them caught the sun. I love how Lili is practically ginger and white ... that's how genetics work.

Reactions: 21

thegirlscout

VIP Member
It seems you can take drugs to make you look like you've been pregnant. This is the response I got when I questioned how she looked like she had had a baby when they were showing the baby off at Windsor I think?
I've never had children but I was curious. It was also explained to me that you can't squat down in high heels and back up again without difficulty like she did when she was getting quite big. I suppose if it had been anyone other than a royal the media would have exposed her by now if it is true...
Hope you all have the same energy for Kate using a surrogate because she also squatted in heels whilst pregnant
D7EEE936-69C4-486E-8762-19E2CC1B4EF4.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Falkor

VIP Member
If it's true that Prince Charles is going to open up much of Buckingham Palace as a sort of museum rather than living in it, I'd really love it if they opened it with a fabulous exhibition of all the royal tiaras.

Little bit of royal gossip from my end of the country. An acquaintance of mine lives in an old lighthouse keepers cottage and last week was pottering around their garden when two large expensive Range Rover-type things came up to the lighthouse and several well-dressed men got out. My acquaintance was about to give them an earful, as there's a large sign saying 'Private property beyond this point, no access to lighthouse' which tourists regularly ignore, when one of the men said, 'The man we work for is walking the coastal path, where is he likely to come out, please?' Well, 'the man we work for' generally only means one person up here at this time of year, as he's a regular visitor for a short holiday in August at his grandmother's old house, and sure enough, ten minutes later Prince Charles walks past their garden and stops for a chat. Even though they're a republican, my acquaintance reported he was absolutely charming.

• Wow
Reactions: 20