The Royal Family #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It doesn't reflect well on Sophie that she looks so polished and always dressed in up-to-the-minute high end designer clothes whilst her daughter is in High Street fashion. I have recognised Boden and Hush on Louise at important events whilst all the other Royal women are wearing sophisticated expensive items. It seems that they are trying to keep her young.

I agree with the above Em_gardener that they are keeping her very sheltered. It may be that she is naturally a naive innocent character. She does seem very sweet and not at all street-wise.

She doesn't seem to be like other teenagers her own age, who are usually obsessed with fitting in.

Reactions: 7
I love Kate and Wills, and their kids. Hate MM, Harry. I’m going to be sad when the queen dies :(

Reactions: 4
I only realised that Sophie had her children late in age. She would have been late 30s, early 40s. Never knew her children were that young. Only 14 and 18.

Reactions: 1
It doesn't reflect well on Sophie that she looks so polished and always dressed in up-to-the-minute high end designer clothes whilst her daughter is in High Street fashion. I have recognised Boden and Hush on Louise at important events whilst all the other Royal women are wearing sophisticated expensive items. It seems that they are trying to keep her young.

I agree with the above Em_gardener that they are keeping her very sheltered. It may be that she is naturally a naive innocent character. She does seem very sweet and not at all street-wise.

She doesn't seem to be like other teenagers her own age, who are usually obsessed with fitting in.
Nothing wrong with high street fashion or trying to keep her young but her clothes are dowdy.

Even if she wore her mother's clothes, it would be an improvement on what she wears, even if not age appropriate for her

Reactions: 5
It’s a bit of a shame that her and James are a funny age compared to the rest of the family. Too young to be one of the cousins with William, Harry, Zara ect, and too old to be one of the kids with the cousins children. So they’ve only really got each other and their parents, if they were a bit older she could made lean on one of the other royal women for style tips, but even they can get it really bad.

Reactions: 10
Sophie and Edward had fertility problems, didn't they? They also knew each other for a long time before they married. I like Sophie and Ed - get on with the job with minimal fuss, always look appropriate, people like them, they know what they are doing and aren't bumbling around asking stupid obvious questions or saying dumb stuff.

Reactions: 17
It’s a bit of a shame that her and James are a funny age compared to the rest of the family. Too young to be one of the cousins with William, Harry, Zara ect, and too old to be one of the kids with the cousins children. So they’ve only really got each other and their parents, if they were a bit older she could made lean on one of the other royal women for style tips, but even they can get it really bad.
James in particular must be bored senseless at family gatherings.

• Sad
Reactions: 8

Why on earth is an 18 year old wearing Boden ffs. No wonder she looks dowdy. There are plenty of high street brands that aren’t tacky that aren’t also for middle aged women?

Reactions: 6
Why on earth is an 18 year old wearing Boden ffs. No wonder she looks dowdy. There are plenty of high street brands that aren’t tacky that aren’t also for middle aged women?
Yes she’d probably look nice in some Nobody’s Child dresses which have traditional shapes but more youthful prints and styling

Reactions: 2
Louise is 18 and an adult. I don’t think Sophie has control of what’s she’s wearing - she can’t force Louise to wear something. But I don’t think that’s the issue, if there is indeed an issue. I think Louise is very private and outdoorsy and just not interested in fashion. She may decide to experiment when she’s older, or she just likes wearing these types of clothes because they feel comfortable to her. If she was a working Royal I would say she needs to dress up a bit and promote British designers etc but she’s not. Also Sophie didn’t use to be fashionable until recently, she is one of the few royals who have grown more stylish and beautiful with age.

Reactions: 16
I read something online about Lady Louise not realising that her grandmother was the Queen, which I thought was peculiar. She is definitely being protected. She would have been about 11 years old when this was revealed by her mother:-

"In an interview with the BBC's Louise Minchlin in May 2016, the Countess of Wessex revealed that her daughter didn't realize her grandmother was the Queen of England. To young Lady Louise, Queen Elizabeth was always just a regular grandmother.

"Well, for Louise, actually, it was much more of a shock to the system," Countess Sophie told Minchlin. "It was only when she was coming home from school and saying, 'Mummy, people keep on telling me that grandma is the queen.' And I asked her, 'Yes, how does that make you feel?' And she said, 'I don't understand.' ... I don't think she had grasped that perhaps there was only one Queen."

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I think Louise is a bit of a classic upper class country child who prefers being outdoors with the horses than out with friends (just my opinion of course). It’s easy for us to forget that not everyone is into fashion and putting outfits together and as others have said, I think she just wears what she feels comfy in but the result is a bit dowdy. It’s a shame as the Windsors could do with a fun injection of youth and her and James could have been a real golden ticket for them bridging the gap before the Cambridge kids are older but for whatever reason they both seem incredibly shy and neither of them are going to inspire interest in young people

If she is shy and uncomfortable I’d rather her do whatever makes her feel less uneasy than wear something that isn’t ‘her’. We’ve had enough of them Trying to hammer square pegs into round holes to detrimental effect for the peg.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
If she is shy and uncomfortable I’d rather her do whatever makes her feel less uneasy than wear something that isn’t ‘her’. We’ve had enough of them Trying to hammer square pegs into round holes to detrimental effect for the peg.
Agree. And let her do her own thing. I hope they are not being told to roll the kids oout when they would rather not be. They have been very private until recently.

Agree. And let her do her own thing. I hope they are not being told to roll the kids oout when they would rather not be. They have been very private until recently.
Yeah people either want a slimmed down monarchy or they don’t

Reactions: 5
If the monarchy is slimmed down, it does mean a lot of work for the main group and now that H&M have left for California the numbers are reduced. Edward and Sophie will probably continue to work a lot and not fade into the background.

They may call upon Beatrice, who wants to represent the BRF, to do some royal appointments but I don't think Louise or James will. They both seem shy - especially James - and not happy with media attention. I have read that Sophie is bringing them up to have civilian jobs.

Reactions: 3
If the monarchy is slimmed down, it does mean a lot of work for the main group and now that H&M have left for California the numbers are reduced. Edward and Sophie will probably continue to work a lot and not fade into the background.

They may call upon Beatrice, who wants to represent the BRF, to do some royal appointments but I don't think Louise or James will. They both seem shy - especially James - and not happy with media attention. I have read that Sophie is bringing them up to have civilian jobs.
They dont do that much work. William and Kates engagements would add up to about 3 months a year, if that. A lot of it is just turning up to some sports event or other. When they turn up to schools or charities, a lot of the time it's for a few minutes but the work that has to be put into the visit by other people is far higher and takes them away from them doing their actual jobs. Fewer of them doing more valuable work would be far more useful. Who is going to be that bothered about being visited by Prince Andrews kids or The Monarchs elderly cousins in 50 years?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
They dont do that much work. William and Kates engagements would add up to about 3 months a year, if that. A lot of it is just turning up to some sports event or other. When they turn up to schools or charities, a lot of the time it's for a few minutes but the work that has to be put into the visit by other people is far higher and takes them away from them doing their actual jobs. Fewer of them doing more valuable work would be far more useful. Who is going to be that bothered about being visited by Prince Andrews kids or The Monarchs elderly cousins in 50 years?
100%. People are cynical enough today. If Charlie wants his vision borne out, that should logically rule out his baby brother's siblings. There's a lot of Beatrice lately but that maybe down to Harry leaving

I'm currently getting near the end of reading Diana Her True Story that someone mentioned on here. There is mention of Charles being the worst boss in the UK and freezing people/staff out who disagree with him. He seems to attract psychophants.
His private secretary implored him to be seen in public with his children more frequently so he was seen riding and cycling with his sons on the estate. This may be behind what Harry said about his dad not taking him cycling as he was only doing it for effect. Also mentions petty rivalry of Charles and Di trying to steal the thunder from each other - something Harry and Meghan do. The House of Windsor is reared on values of control, distance and formality and the Duke of Edinburgh was described as a loner so you can see where Charles gets his attitude from.
Basically you can see how the Royals don't understand "normal"as they are waited on hand and foot, don't go to grotty areas when they visit as it is all magically spruced up and their PR machine makes them look wonderful, and with the Windsor reserve we don't know what the real person is like.
It will be interesting to see what William is like as King as he seems to have broken out of the mould a bit.

Sophie and Edward had fertility problems, didn't they? They also knew each other for a long time before they married. I like Sophie and Ed - get on with the job with minimal fuss, always look appropriate, people like them, they know what they are doing and aren't bumbling around asking stupid obvious questions or saying dumb stuff.
Sophie had an ectopic pregnancy before Louise. Louise was premature due to placental abruption and an emergency caesarian leading to her being the first royal born on the NHS. Both Sophie and Louise nearly died due to security delaying in calling the ambulance and Louise had to be transferred to another hospital; it was the first time the Queen had ever visited a member of the family in hospital. Sophie later did a lot of work for the hospital, premature babies and eye problems. She and Edward have said that they had IVF for James; their age and the previous problems would no doubt have contributed.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.