The Royal Family #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched the Camilla My Country Life special last night and really enjoyed it. I agree that she seems truly interested in the causes she supports. But I also guess that comes with age and maturity. I think she came across really well. The photos Kate took of her for the magazine were beautiful too.

Reactions: 5
They've now been mistaken for that disgraced pair who predictably rolled out their unseen kid's picture when desperate for some good press after being deafened by boos on the steps of St Paul's and the resounding silence inside. Unfortunately no one gave a tit. Lilibet just isn't important enough to be the retirement plan her mother needs her to be.
I understand that her parents live rent-free in some people's heads but do we really need to drag Lili into this and refer to a toddler as unimportant and a retirement plan?

I watched the Camilla My Country Life special last night and really enjoyed it. I agree that she seems truly interested in the causes she supports. But I also guess that comes with age and maturity. I think she came across really well. The photos Kate took of her for the magazine were beautiful too.
I know she gets a lot of hate but I quite like Camilla. She seems like a likeable, approachable sort. I could be dead wrong but 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 15
Lilibeth is unimportant yet people are seriously writing petitions and letters to the Buckingham palace demanding that the kid and her brother be stripped of the title and the place in LOS.
I get why people dislike Meg and Harry but the life for Lil and Archie would have been hellish have they stayed in England.

Reactions: 9
Lilibeth is unimportant yet people are seriously writing petitions and letters to the Buckingham palace demanding that the kid and her brother be stripped of the title and the place in LOS.
I get why people dislike Meg and Harry but the life for Lil and Archie would have been hellish have they stayed in England.
I don't see a reason why they would be out of the line of succession. They're so far down that they're irrelevant to it anyway. I think it will be really interesting to see if they get prince and princess titles when Charles becomes king. I think it would be kind of strange for them to have those titles when they have nothing to do with the royal family and there's really no need for them to have them when they'll never be working royals but it's a tricky one for Charles and I'll be interested to see how he handles it.
I think the William/Harry relationship is the one that's been most damaged and it's difficult to see their two families ever being close which basically means the Sussex kids will never be involved with the monarchy in the way that Zara etc are. I don't think life in England would have been hellish for Lili and Archie. If Harry and Meghan were sensible about it then they'd have had the life of Beatrice or Peter or any of the current generation of cousins which looks to be a fairly cushy number.

Last edited:
I don't see a reason why they would be out of the line of succession. They're so far down that they're irrelevant to it anyway. I think it will be really interesting to see if they get prince and princess titles when Charles becomes king. I think it would be kind of strange for them to have those titles when they have nothing to do with the royal family and there's really no need for them to have them when they'll never be working royals but it's a tricky one for Charles and I'll be interested to see how he handles it.
I think the William/Harry relationship is the one that's been most damaged and it's difficult to see their two families ever being close which basically means the Sussex kids will never be involved with the monarchy in the way that Zara etc are. I don't think life in England would have been hellish for Lili and Archie. If Harry and Meghan were sensible about it then they'd have had the life of Beatrice or Peter or any of the current generation of cousins which looks to be a fairly cushy number.
I think a good approach would be to stop or take it off others as well, think it was Sweden who did this. Take it off Beatrice and Eugenie, don’t allow Louise or James even the option to use it like they have now, at least that way his long term plan can’t then be peddled as racist.

Reactions: 4
I understand that her parents live rent-free in some people's heads but do we really need to drag Lili into this and refer to a toddler as unimportant and a retirement plan?
.There is so much vitriol here for the couple and dragging their baby into it is plain nasty.

I know she gets a lot of hate but I quite like Camilla. She seems like a likeable, approachable sort. I could be dead wrong but 🤷‍♀️
There is an awful lot of hate about Lili it's sick.

Reactions: 3
I think if Harry and Meghan had stayed as working Royals then the interest in their children would have been greater … and some people do seem to think they have a degree of ownership of both William and Harry over and above them ‘just’ being members of the RF that none of the others have to deal with. I think it’s easier for William to set boundaries and expect them to be met firstly because he is the second in line and secondly because he controls access to the third in line. Harry doesn’t have that shield and I do think the tabloids and the Daily Mail in particular would have pushed and pushed against any boundaries they tried to set.

I think if Harry and Meghan had stayed as working Royals then the interest in their children would have been greater … and some people do seem to think they have a degree of ownership of both William and Harry over and above them ‘just’ being members of the RF that none of the others have to deal with. I think it’s easier for William to set boundaries and expect them to be met firstly because he is the second in line and secondly because he controls access to the third in line. Harry doesn’t have that shield and I do think the tabloids and the Daily Mail in particular would have pushed and pushed against any boundaries they tried to set.
I think the interest in the children is related to the interest in the parents. Harry and Meghan did court publicity to a degree and that would have led to greater interest in the children if they had continued on. Still, the interest in the children wouldn't have been any greater than the interest in the Cambridge children and they don't have a hellish life. The agreement that the press have in regards to royal children would have covered them too. If they'd stayed and kept the children mostly out of the public eye I don't see why they'd have any more issues with regard to their children than William does.

Reactions: 7

The first extracts from the new Tom Bowers book has come out, seems it could be juicy and actually offer something new compared to a lot of royal books. Seems naive of Meghan to think she actually got the cover of Vanity Fair to celebrate Suits and not Harry. & it’s quite sad that her washing up liquid story that become such a big part of her life that she’s recounted the story multiple times, was just a father hyping up his daughters achievements. Also funny that Sunshine Sachs genuinely thought The Queen would get on the phone to Vanity Fair:LOL:

Oh please, they weren’t ‘deafened by boos’ and there wasn’t ‘resounding silence’ inside St Paul’s.

I would think it’s local because the dog was in the helicopter with them.
If they weren't deafened by the Boos, it's because they are tone deaf. And if they didnt see they weren't welcomed by family members, it's because they are blinded by their Narcissism. and they treat HM like crap. Plus, there's the Oprah interview to hasten PP's demise. yeah, they really are what Freda says.

If they weren't deafened by the Boos, it's because they are tone deaf. And if they didnt see they weren't welcomed by family members, it's because they are blinded by their Narcissism. and they treat HM like crap. Plus, there's the Oprah interview to hasten PP's demise. yeah, they really are what Freda says.
I know you dislike them but there is no way to know if the interview hastened Philips death - he may not have even been told about it. And you just have to watch the videos of them arriving to see they weren’t deafened by boos or not welcomed by the family - there are photos of them talking to family members. Who is Freda, what does she say?

I think a good approach would be to stop or take it off others as well, think it was Sweden who did this. Take it off Beatrice and Eugenie, don’t allow Louise or James even the option to use it like they have now, at least that way his long term plan can’t then be peddled as racist.
I think the Swedish royals have the right approach to being a modern day royal family when it comes to titles.

Did anyone see this article? It talks about how The Queen is immune from 160 laws that the regular people of the U.K. still has to abide by. For instance there are more than 30 different laws that stipulate that police are barred from entering the private Balmoral and Sandringham estates without the Queen’s permission to investigate suspected crimes, including wildlife offences and environmental pollution. No other landowner has this privilege. She is also not required to comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. She is also exempt from the Equality Act 2010. The article includes a drop down box with all the exemptions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Why on earth would their life have been hellish? Harry and Meghan's paranoia and attention seeking creates a bit of a hype around interest in them. The Cambridge kids are way more important than the Sussexes and they seem to live a relatively normal life with a lot of privacy - there are rarely pap pics of them. The line of succession thing is another story. I used to think that the surrogacy stories were stupid fantasy, but in everything that Harry and Meghan have talked about, whinged about, and denied, they have never uttered a word about the pain of being accused of using surrogates? It makes you think that there might be some truth in it. And we're in 2022 - it's a wonderful world where families can be helped to create their family and no one at all should be shamed for any assistance that they need, but if you're a member of a Royal family and you have lied or deceived people about it, then it's a whole different story. If they used surrogates, they should have been honest about it from the start and the place of children born by surrogacy does need to be considered in the line of succession.

• Haha
I know you dislike them but there is no way to know if the interview hastened Philips death - he may not have even been told about it. And you just have to watch the videos of them arriving to see they weren’t deafened by boos or not welcomed by the family - there are photos of them talking to family members. Who is Freda, what does she say?

I think the Swedish royals have the right approach to being a modern day royal family when it comes to titles.

Did anyone see this article? It talks about how The Queen is immune from 160 laws that the regular people of the U.K. still has to abide by. For instance there are more than 30 different laws that stipulate that police are barred from entering the private Balmoral and Sandringham estates without the Queen’s permission to investigate suspected crimes, including wildlife offences and environmental pollution. No other landowner has this privilege. She is also not required to comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. She is also exempt from the Equality Act 2010. The article includes a drop down box with all the exemptions.
I don't think it's fair to say that the interview hastened Philip's death. He was 99 and very sick anyway but it was pretty tit timing for the rest of the family, especially Charles and the Queen, to have to deal with the fallout while they knew that Philip was dying.

I don't think Harry and Meghan were really welcomed by the family. Only Zara spoke to them outside St. Paul's after the service. Peter and Mike avoided talking to them and it all looked fairly uncomfortable.
Whatever your opinion on Harry and Meghan and the interview, if you look at it from the point of view of the royal family then what they did was a massive betrayal. I'd find it very hard to just ignore all that and carry on like nothing happened if it was my family.

Reactions: 11
Why on earth would their life have been hellish? Harry and Meghan's paranoia and attention seeking creates a bit of a hype around interest in them. The Cambridge kids are way more important than the Sussexes and they seem to live a relatively normal life with a lot of privacy - there are rarely pap pics of them. The line of succession thing is another story. I used to think that the surrogacy stories were stupid fantasy, but in everything that Harry and Meghan have talked about, whinged about, and denied, they have never uttered a word about the pain of being accused of using surrogates? It makes you think that there might be some truth in it. And we're in 2022 - it's a wonderful world where families can be helped to create their family and no one at all should be shamed for any assistance that they need, but if you're a member of a Royal family and you have lied or deceived people about it, then it's a whole different story. If they used surrogates, they should have been honest about it from the start and the place of children born by surrogacy does need to be considered in the line of succession.
Lol more likely they didn't respond because some nutjobs on the Internet who are too invested in the lives of these people made up some tit about surrogacy and it didn't warrant any attention whatsoever! If they did deny it, people wouldn't believe them anyway. They are annoying, but that doesn't mean that they couldn't have children the normal way. It is insulting to infertile women to think just because you think someone is evil incarnate it renders them infertile. Horrible people get pregnant all the time, and perfectly nice people have problems conceiving. And women also get pregnant in their late 30's too. Its not impossible!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Lol more likely they didn't respond because some nutjobs on the Internet who are too invested in the lives of these people made up some tit about surrogacy and it didn't warrant any attention whatsoever! If they did deny it, people wouldn't believe them anyway. They are annoying, but that doesn't mean that they couldn't have children the normal way. It is insulting to infertile women to think just because you think someone is evil incarnate it renders them infertile. Horrible people get pregnant all the time, and perfectly nice people have problems conceiving. And women also get pregnant in their late 30's too. Its not impossible!
My dad mentioned he'd seen a picture of her bump falling down her dress. He has no interest in her and I never saw the picture he was on about till recently. She was wearing a purple dress and red coat - well known outfit. I was gobsmacked! Can't understand why she lied about it as she would have got so much sympathy. Presume she wanted it to be born "of the body" so the child would be in the succession and that's what all the subterfuge has been about.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
My dad mentioned he'd seen a picture of her bump falling down her dress. He has no interest in her and I never saw the picture he was on about till recently. She was wearing a purple dress and red coat - well known outfit. I was gobsmacked! Can't understand why she lied about it as she would have got so much sympathy. Presume she wanted it to be born "of the body" so the child would be in the succession and that's what all the subterfuge has been about.
This one? Still available on Getty Images. Screenshot because they don't like people linking to their images, but the full set from that day is here, so if anyone wants to play spot the bump... (Edit: Getty really doesn't like links, it doesn't even link to the full set. It's a visit to Birkenhead on 14th January 2019) I'm on the fence, personally, but not overly bothered either way, it's their business.

Screenshot 2022-07-16 09.29.43.png

Reactions: 2
This one? Still available on Getty Images. Screenshot because they don't like people linking to their images, but the full set from that day is here, so if anyone wants to play spot the bump... (Edit: Getty really doesn't like links, it doesn't even link to the full set. It's a visit to Birkenhead on 14th January 2019) I'm on the fence, personally, but not overly bothered either way, it's their business.

View attachment 1420928
The one I saw was 3 pictures, one having just got out of the car stood holding the bump at waist level, then it sliding slowly down to her hips and then the one of the bump at the bottom of the dress that you show. I would have felt mortified if I was her. I'm not bothered like you, though, there's more important things going on in the world. 🙄

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.