The Royal Family #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Both Q and PP were good friends with Penny so who knows 🤷‍♀️

I think he just wanted a quiet life at last in his final years.

Reactions: 7
People used to say the same thing about Charles and Diana...Sure it's well known that Prince Philip was living with another woman the last few years and the fawning stories what came out about him and TQ
That's not entirely true. Diana looked completely miserable alongside Charles for years & there was often speculation about them in the press,especially when Diana didn't show up or looked weepy. They're two very different couples projecting very different body language.

I'm sure something when on between Phil and Penny in Phil's younger years , despite her being married to his second cousin. I heard from a few people in Romsey, that the Queen and Philip used to visit the Mountbattens at Broadlands every Christmas and would sometimes slip into the back of Romsey Abbey for carols unannounced. So it sounds like the Queen and Lord Romsey were often there ?

Reactions: 3
There are lots of photos of William and Kate looking bored of each other. Many of him walking far ahead of her and leaving her behind, which protocol or not, doesn't look too chivalrous.

BUT...I don't think it means their marriage is on the rocks. I also don't think shots of them grinning and giggling mean that all is perfect either. They're pictures; they are a tiny snapshot (literally) of a moment in time. Who knows what goes in a marriage? What I do believe is that Kate will not leave and she will keep it together in public, come what may. I also think William is adamant that he will not divorce.

Having said all that, I definitely can believe that an affair can or has happened. I don't know what's going on with the fairytale revisionist history but there were lots of rumours of William's philandering ways in their uni and post-uni days (2004 - 2007). It's the complete glorification on one side and villification of the other that I cannot understand. These are some very flawed, entitled and morally dubious characters we're talking about...the whole lot of them, bar none.

Reactions: 23
There are lots of photos of William and Kate looking bored of each other. Many of him walking far ahead of her and leaving her behind, which protocol or not, doesn't look too chivalrous.

BUT...I don't think it means their marriage is on the rocks. I also don't think shots of them grinning and giggling mean that all is perfect either. They're pictures; they are a tiny snapshot (literally) of a moment in time. Who knows what goes in a marriage? What I do believe is that Kate will not leave and she will keep it together in public, come what may. I also think William is adamant that he will not divorce.

Having said all that, I definitely can believe that an affair can or has happened. I don't know what's going on with the fairytale revisionist history but there were lots of rumours of William's philandering ways in their uni and post-uni days (2004 - 2007). It's the complete glorification on one side and villification of the other that I cannot understand. These are some very flawed, entitled and morally dubious characters we're talking about...the whole lot of them, bar none.
My aunt had an amazing capacity to just say ‘on with the motley’ if her and my uncle were in the middle of a spat.
i remember my cousin looking on in amazement her laughing and joking with him at a family do and telling me - but she’s ignoring him at home!
looking back through photos years later, she looked at one of them and said to him ‘thats when we weren't talking’. His reply - wasn’t we?🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 5

100%

I know people who went to uni with them - she was as ruthless as Meghan was. Kate would always turn a blind eye. They broke up several times (you can tell they are talking about separate break ups in their engagement interview, as well as the Kenya proposal story being off because then she talks about Scotland). She will let him do as he pleases, because she has the prize she waited around so long for. I do think she loves him, and he loves her because she lets him do what he wants, bows to his wishes, and never will say boo to him about anything. She always defers to him; she knows he likes this. He's the one who wears the pants, but she knows how to work it. It's really clever. But who would want men like William or Harry? They're both pieces of crap in different ways - but William is better at hiding it and knows where his bread is buttered. He would never betray his family and loved ones the way his brother has done.

It is weird you have to vilify the other and praise the other. I can't dislike them both, eh?

Reactions: 15
100%

I know people who went to uni with them - she was as ruthless as Meghan was. Kate would always turn a blind eye. They broke up several times (you can tell they are talking about separate break ups in their engagement interview, as well as the Kenya proposal story being off because then she talks about Scotland). She will let him do as he pleases, because she has the prize she waited around so long for. I do think she loves him, and he loves her because she lets him do what he wants, bows to his wishes, and never will say boo to him about anything. She always defers to him; she knows he likes this. He's the one who wears the pants, but she knows how to work it. It's really clever. But who would want men like William or Harry? They're both pieces of crap in different ways - but William is better at hiding it and knows where his bread is buttered. He would never betray his family and loved ones the way his brother has done.

It is weird you have to vilify the other and praise the other. I can't dislike them both, eh?
I agree. Just because one pair is awful doesn't mean the other pair are angels. I think the only difference is that Meghan and Harry, I doubt will last forever, and eventually, like with Chatles and Diana, an ugly divorce will reveal the truth. With Wills and Kate, she will never leave him. He has had an awful lot of girlfriends for someone who met his wife at University. He kept her hanging round for 10 years while he dipped his wick all over the place, so he knows how much she will put up with, and it's clearly a lot. They could live in separate houses and we wouldn't know. I mean she is the sensible one, she just needs to toe the line and she's set for her life and her children and grandchildren lives. And he knows that she is good for his image.

Reactions: 13
I've changed my mind. The Prince of Pegging is definitely a Sussex fan thing. Just looking at the hashtag tells you that.

I know Ryanair don't owe anything to TRF but I am surprised a massive company like that would engage in such social media.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I agree with the previous posters. Kate is made of pure steel, she is very determined and has been after William for years aided and abetted by her family. The fact that she has such a strong and supportive family is her real trump card. She knows when the chips are down she can always rely on her parents - to go to them and receive good advice and comfort. This is huge.

In the same way, Camilla has her own children and grandchildren which she can entertain in her own large house in Wiltshire. Both women need time away from the palaces, the men in grey and their other halves. Both have worked extremely hard for their roles and are valued within the BRF and outside.

It is unpalatable that these Royal men - not exactly handsome or charismatic - can have affairs (not PC nowadays I presume) can do what they like and the women will put up with it for the lifestyle.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
They do quite a lot of mild trolling on social media, and always have.
Never use Ryan Air and never will. Can't stand Michael O'Leary.

I'm always surprised when huge companies get a bit near the mark though and this really is salacious gossip. It's a dangerous game to play. It's not like Aldi v M&S.

Reactions: 10
Imagine pegging the future King and seeing him getting anointed with Holy oil at his coronation knowing what you did. I wouldn't mind a go myself

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I've changed my mind. The Prince of Pegging is definitely a Sussex fan thing. Just looking at the hashtag tells you that.

I know Ryanair don't owe anything to TRF but I am surprised a massive company like that would engage in such social media.

I don't get it 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I agree with the previous posters. Kate is made of pure steel, she is very determined and has been after William for years aided and abetted by her family. The fact that she has such a strong and supportive family is her real trump card. She knows when the chips are down she can always rely on her parents - to go to them and receive good advice and comfort. This is huge.

In the same way, Camilla has her own children and grandchildren which she can entertain in her own large house in Wiltshire. Both women need time away from the palaces, the men in grey and their other halves. Both have worked extremely hard for their roles and are valued within the BRF and outside.

It is unpalatable that these Royal men - not exactly handsome or charismatic - can have affairs (not PC nowadays I presume) can do what they like and the women will put up with it for the lifestyle.
To be honest, when I get the bill for my shopping these days I wonder just how much I would put up with to sit in my own house surrounded by people doing my housework and providing me with whatever I want without having to worry about the cost of living. It's not like these women really need to put up with their charmless other halves for that long. Just go to a different house 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.