The Royal Family #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
George’s suit and tie combinations always look old and stuffy on him.
Are Kate or William going to any of the Lionesses games?

She never had a job in her life so why work now? Why ever use her position to do good like Anne, Camilla or Sophie?

I think you'll find she was one hell of a busy lady.

November 2006, Middleton commenced part-time work for twelve months as an accessory buyer with the clothing chain Jigsaw. In 2007, she curated a photography exhibition to mark the book launch of "Time to Reflect", by Alistair Morrison, to raise funds for UNICEF. In 2008, Middleton made several trips to Naomi's House Hospice, where she brought gifts and read to children. Later that year, she organised an 80's-themed roller disco fundraiser which raised £100,000, split between Oxford Children's Hospital, for the construction Tom's Ward to treat paediatric cancer, and Place2Be, an organisation which provides mental health counselling to school children. Middleton also worked until January 2011 at the family business in catalogue design and production, marketing, and photography. While working for the company, she launched the firm's junior brand for toddlers, and began working with the Starlight Children's Foundation, which helps terminally ill youth, providing party essentials for sick children. Middleton also helped coordinate the Boodles Boxing Ball, which raised money for the charity.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She never held a job in her life. She got Jigsaw as a favor, rarely showed and quit when William dumped her.

Stories of charity work I don’t buy either. HM wondered, what does she DO? She waited for William, at his beck and call. It’s why she said she couldn’t work

Reactions: 10
And if Kate “waited for” William, what about it? They’re married with three children now. Who did Kate hurt or abuse with her choices? What is shocking about a young woman not working on a big career? I don’t understand this line of criticism.

Reactions: 22
Im obviously not a fan of any of them, but just look at the ridiculous outfit this poor little sod has had to wear to sit about in this heat. No shade, no hat. And his childcare expert mother is in a short sleeved dress and sunglasses 🙄
View attachment 1406211
Diana took William to Wimbledon at the same age and with same dress code, so they are just following tradition I guess.
A7E4891F-5853-4319-BEF7-5808072A2DB6.jpeg

Reactions: 6
And if Kate “waited for” William, what about it? They’re married with three children now. Who did Kate hurt or abuse with her choices? What is shocking about a young woman not working on a big career? I don’t understand this line of criticism.
She sat around waiting for a man for years doing nothing with herself or her life, which I find really sad, but she is reaping the benefits. How dare I have an opinion that isn't Kate is a Saint(tm) I guess. (I think she is spoken of so much better now just because Meghan is so utterly vile.)

George is a real sweet boy. It is nice seeing him out and about.

Reactions: 9
She sat around waiting for a man for years doing nothing with herself or her life, which I find really sad, but she is reaping the benefits. How dare I have an opinion that isn't Kate is a Saint(tm) I guess. (I think she is spoken of so much better now just because Meghan is so utterly vile.)

George is a real sweet boy. It is nice seeing him out and about.
Just because you don’t know what she was doing and it wasn’t necessarily visible, it doesn’t mean she sat around doing nothing.

Reactions: 16
I think you'll find she was one hell of a busy lady.

November 2006, Middleton commenced part-time work for twelve months as an accessory buyer with the clothing chain Jigsaw. In 2007, she curated a photography exhibition to mark the book launch of "Time to Reflect", by Alistair Morrison, to raise funds for UNICEF. In 2008, Middleton made several trips to Naomi's House Hospice, where she brought gifts and read to children. Later that year, she organised an 80's-themed roller disco fundraiser which raised £100,000, split between Oxford Children's Hospital, for the construction Tom's Ward to treat paediatric cancer, and Place2Be, an organisation which provides mental health counselling to school children. Middleton also worked until January 2011 at the family business in catalogue design and production, marketing, and photography. While working for the company, she launched the firm's junior brand for toddlers, and began working with the Starlight Children's Foundation, which helps terminally ill youth, providing party essentials for sick children. Middleton also helped coordinate the Boodles Boxing Ball, which raised money for the charity.
I think that if you have to specify the year the particular task was carried out, then it's a stretch to claim that she was working hard.

• Haha
She is of her class, broadly. Most of these ‘gals’ do Uni, work in a non-pressurised job like a friend’s gallery, bit o’ charity work and put themselves in places where they’ll meet the right people to marry well. Kate’s only different because she made her choice early and was prepared to wait.

Reactions: 9
Just because you don’t know what she was doing and it wasn’t necessarily visible, it doesn’t mean she sat around doing nothing.
Considering the press was reporting her every move, and the queen had to ask what she actually did I think it does mean she was doing jack all. If she was doing anything, besides editing the Party Pieces monthly newsletter as was reported at the time, then the Middleton's would have leaked it.

Reactions: 3
Kate clearly wasn't into building a big career for herself and her family had enough money that she was able to make that choice. I don't think she was doing anything very different to what she would have been doing if she'd had a different boyfriend that wasn't a royal.
It's annoying for those of us that have to work for a living but that's how the very wealthy operate. Kate's problem was that because her boyfriend was royal she had to be seen to be doing something and to be fair to her, she was dealing with massive press intrusion into her life at the time and "working" in the family business probably felt safer/easier. I've never heard of Pippa having a job outside the family business either so I don't think it's anything to do with her dating a royal or waiting for William. I think it's just the way they are and they're rich enough to afford it. I, unfortunately, cannot afford it but I def wouldn't work full time (or maybe at all!) if I had the choice! The charity work was for her CV to be a royal wife and because it's probably an enjoyable social thing to do with fellow rich people. They just live differently to the rest of us. She's not an outlier compared to her peers.

Reactions: 19
Diana took William to Wimbledon at the same age and with same dress code, so they are just following tradition I guess.
View attachment 1407679
I keep reading that George says he wants to dress like his Dad and Grandpa. During the Euro's and everyone was saying George should be in a football shirt and in the end K&W actually said he had the option but didn't want to.

This is one of my favourite clips of them. So natural.

• Heart
I keep reading that George says he wants to dress like his Dad and Grandpa. During the Euro's and everyone was saying George should be in a football shirt and in the end K&W actually said he had the option but didn't want to.

This is one of my favourite clips of them. So natural.

It’s a beautiful video. I think they are doing a great job of preparing George for his future role.

Reactions: 10
I think it’s pretty smart to make a pretty distinctive difference between George dressing however at private events (like the normal outfit when he visited a football game with his father privately) and rather formal when he is basically at work. It gives him a good reminder of the situation- what is expected of him and it already gives the public a carefully created public persona and not his private self. He really didn’t look as if he was sweating away anyway?

Reactions: 14
I think it’s pretty smart to make a pretty distinctive difference between George dressing however at private events (like the normal outfit when he visited a football game with his father privately) and rather formal when he is basically at work. It gives him a good reminder of the situation- what is expected of him and it already gives the public a carefully created public persona and not his private self. He really didn’t look as if he was sweating away anyway?
I feel bad for him if that's what they're doing. There is plenty of time in the future for him to act royal and be "working" and a tennis tournament isn't one of them when hes 7(?!)

My personal opinion is that they both apperantly want them to have "normal" childhoods so bad that they shouldn't pedal them out at the first sniff of bad publicity - especailly Charlotte and Louis as they might not even be working royals when they get older

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.