The Royal Family #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The main news must be Prince Charles and the bags of money accepted for his charity.

Although I also note that the mail are running a story about Beatrice’s card being declined at Glastonbury… unless it’s linked to her dad’s money troubles this seems a non-story to me.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
The main news must be Prince Charles and the bags of money accepted for his charity.

Although I also note that the mail are running a story about Beatrice’s card being declined at Glastonbury… unless it’s linked to her dad’s money troubles this seems a non-story to me.
The newspapers will play ' Loyal Subjects' when it's in their interests to do so. The Royals are stupid and arrogant enough to think the press could care less about them when they publish their PR fluff. But if they need to distract from something, like by election disasters or Charles criticising the government, they will dig up 10 year old dirt, as they have with this story.

Reactions: 7

That’s a very odd story … it’s like one you think is hinting at something but I haven’t got a scooby. More clues, please ☺

Reactions: 2
I thought reading it how could they possibly have verified it? I can imagine it was declined once, WiFi issue probably, and one of the other bartenders said how hilarious it would be if her card had actually been declined and then like Chinese whispers suddenly it’s been declined three times and a newspaper article.

Reactions: 5
I thought reading it how could they possibly have verified it? I can imagine it was declined once, WiFi issue probably, and one of the other bartenders said how hilarious it would be if her card had actually been declined and then like Chinese whispers suddenly it’s been declined three times and a newspaper article.
Yes her husbands a mlionnaire and he was with her. Surely he'd have just paid jnstead?

Reactions: 3
Story about nothing with P Beatrice
Loved seeing the Queen at Glastonbury. Funny idea by someone

Hi All. I'm back after a week in lovely Tobago. Highly recommended if you're after a Caribbean experience off the beaten path.

To summarise my thoughts on the last few pages of posts:
- I thought Mike Tindall called Harry a 'bookend' and couldn't understand the fuss as I quite like bookends 🤣

- The British RF taking jewels and money from dodgy Middle Eastern royals and leaders has been happening since Jerusalem was a pebble. It's not going to change as it's mutually beneficial and who cares what the plebs think anyway?

- Kate could have done really well at a sports-type foundation for women and young girls. She's good at it and it's an area that actually requires the kind of publicity she can bring. Development psychology is a highly-studied field with actual academics and scientists making strides after years of education and training. No one expects the same from Kate but surely a child psychology course or two wouldn't go amiss if she actually wanted to learn and do more in the field of early development?

- Has anyone seen this video of William? I mean he's always referred to as being 'incandescent with rage' but I am surprised we're getting to see it.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Kate doing a sports foundation for girls would be great. Many sports are so highly dependent on where you live or how much money your family has, and no matter how talented a girl is it is HARD for girls to get going in sports. I participated in a very expensive sport. My parents knew other parents who remortgaged their houses to pursue these dreams of their children. It never worked out.

Reactions: 4
Kate doing a sports foundation for girls would be great. Many sports are so highly dependent on where you live or how much money your family has, and no matter how talented a girl is it is HARD for girls to get going in sports. I participated in a very expensive sport. My parents knew other parents who remortgaged their houses to pursue these dreams of their children. It never worked out.
Surely she would have been able to suggest something she wanted to work on? It seems to me either that she didn't really want to do anything but was told to do it and got lumbered or she is too scared to give her opinion on anything just in case she gets labelled as a troublemaker. Early years is just so tied up with funding issues. She's not even really highlighting the work of others, she's pretending she is doing groundbreaking research into something and having photo opportunities with the government, wasting everyone's time.

Hi All. I'm back after a week in lovely Tobago. Highly recommended if you're after a Caribbean experience off the beaten path.

- I thought Mike Tindall called Harry a 'bookend' and couldn't understand the fuss as I quite like bookends 🤣

- The British RF taking jewels and money from dodgy Middle Eastern royals and leaders has been happening since Jerusalem was a pebble. It's not going to change as it's mutually beneficial and who cares what the plebs think anyway?

- Kate could have done really well at a sports-type foundation for women and young girls. She's good at it and it's an area that actually requires the kind of publicity she can bring. Development psychology is a highly-studied field with actual academics and scientists making strides after years of education and training. No one expects the same from Kate but surely a child psychology course or two wouldn't go amiss if she actually wanted to learn and do more in the field of early development?

- Has anyone seen this video of William? I mean he's always referred to as being 'incandescent with rage' but I am surprised we're getting to see it.

This kinda annoys me only in the sense William & Kate are pissed that Harry legged it, but it's exactly for reasons (or one of them) like this 'altercation' that H & M fled, so in that respect can you blame them 🤷

Wow, that video is quite something- William sounds really wobbly and emotional. Tbf the photographer sounds like a creep and a complete opportunist. Why is he releasing this video now? And there is a teaser at the end of more to come!?

No wonder Harry and Meghan left - imagine having to put up with this everywhere you went.

Reactions: 14
Wow, that video is quite something- William sounds really wobbly and emotional. Tbf the photographer sounds like a creep and a complete opportunist. Why is he releasing this video now? And there is a teaser at the end of more to come!?

No wonder Harry and Meghan left - imagine having to put up with this everywhere you went.
He just sounds like he’s protecting his family. Looks like they are out for a family bike ride, they don’t deserve to be stalked. Don’t blame him for getting irked

Reactions: 23

To be fair, that’s not really incandescent, is it? Annoyed yes … but hardly unreasonable.
I can get that the reporter didn’t know they would be using that road, at a push … but he should have stopped filming when they did.

To be fair, that’s not really incandescent, is it? Annoyed yes … but hardly unreasonable.
I can get that the reporter didn’t know they would be using that road, at a push … but he should have stopped filming when they did.
Very tame from William really!
No need for that guy to keep filming someone who clearly didn't want to be filmed.

Reactions: 17

I think I saw somewhere wifi was pretty flaky which caused card machines to decline cards. Somet
Weird he kept the camera going and kept responding. If I was British, monarchist or not, and the future King was telling me off yards I'd be inclined to beat a retreat.

I think it's really disingenuous of the photographer. Like he just happened to be strolling along a country lane with his phone out, closely following people who look like the famous royals who just happen to live close by. Hmmmm. Montecito must look very appealing at times like this!

Wonder why he's chosen this moment to release his tawdry video? He's been sat on it over a year now - what's the agenda here do you think?

Reactions: 8
The thing is, it's not illegal to film someone in public even if they do object, was this a public footpath or private, 🤔if public you can film anything you can see - I can understand Wills be annoyed but from him to ask the guy '& you won't even tell me your name'......who does he think he is , The King of England !! 😂

• Haha
I think it's really disingenuous of the photographer. Like he just happened to be strolling along a country lane with his phone out, closely following people who look like the famous royals who just happen to live close by. Hmmmm. Montecito must look very appealing at times like this!

Wonder why he's chosen this moment to release his tawdry video? He's been sat on it over a year now - what's the agenda here do you think?
I think most people are going to be on William's side on this one. Unless the next video shows him beating to the photographer to a pulp or something! Don't know what the photographer's motive is for releasing this.

Reactions: 13
The thing is, it's not illegal to film someone in public even if they do object, was this a public footpath or private, 🤔if public you can film anything you can see - I can understand Wills be annoyed but from him to ask the guy '& you won't even tell me your name'......who does he think he is , The King of England !! 😂
It may not be illegal but it’s certainly not very ethical, not to mention there’s a world of difference between me getting my phone out and filming passers by on my local high street, and a pap (?) stalking the Cambridges and making them fear for their safety.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.