The Royal Family #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be honest, when I get the bill for my shopping these days I wonder just how much I would put up with to sit in my own house surrounded by people doing my housework and providing me with whatever I want without having to worry about the cost of living. It's not like these women really need to put up with their charmless other halves for that long. Just go to a different house 🤷‍♂️
Which is what the Royals and artisto’s have been doing for centuries … which is why Diana being so angsty about it came as a bit of a shock, I think.

Reactions: 12
It is weird you have to vilify the other and praise the other. I can't dislike them both, eh?
It’s bonkers. I don’t see anything to admire about any of them. Born royals or the ones who marry in. I can’t wrap my head around having a hard-on for people who think they’re your betters.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Which is what the Royals and artisto’s have been doing for centuries … which is why Diana being so angsty about it came as a bit of a shock, I think.
Exactly. The Aristo's job is to ' service' the Royals in return for favours. They change at a glacial pace, so it's a bit surprising that people are so upset about Charles being King because he cheated on Diana. If being faithful was a criteria for Monarchy ( especially Kings) we'd probably only have George vi!

Reactions: 6
Exactly. The Aristo's job is to ' service' the Royals in return for favours. They change at a glacial pace, so it's a bit surprising that people are so upset about Charles being King because he cheated on Diana. If being faithful was a criteria for Monarchy ( especially Kings) we'd probably only have George vi!
Exactly. Prince Charles told a shocked Diana that she surely didn't expect him to be the only Prince of Wales in British history to be faithful to his wife.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I hope the ahem 'peg' was made from Duchy of Cornwall organic sustainable eco friendly wood.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Have you noticed how most of the people who criticize Harry ( although he deserves criticism in certain aspects) also dislike Diana?
Apparently speaking about disfunction in RF is worse than cheating, emotional neglect and ''keep the stiff upper lip Jack'' mentality.

Reactions: 11
Have you noticed how most of the people who criticize Harry ( although he deserves criticism in certain aspects) also dislike Diana?
Apparently speaking about disfunction in RF is worse than cheating, emotional neglect and ''keep the stiff upper lip Jack'' mentality.
I hadn’t noticed this, but I wasn’t really looking out for it. That’s so interesting though.

Reactions: 1
I’m not sure that’s true because they mostly love Diana on the Harry and Meghan thread.

Personally I see both Diana and Harry as being just as dysfunctional as the rest of the RF. For me neither of them were/are the exception to the rule.

I dislike Diana. She was no saint and needs to be seen as a human who also was a real problem in her marriage. They both eventually owned up to it and I believe got on well before she died, I think because they both dearly loved their sons. They tried their best to be good parents with no examples.

They're all dysfunctional and there is a real human cost to monarchy and living this way despite the privilege.

If I had that privilege I would want to use Sophie or Anne as my model. Work hard, head down, do the job and get satisfaction knowing you are serving others and have a real way to support worthy organizations and people...

Reactions: 16
If I had that privilege I would want to use Sophie or Anne as my model. Work hard, head down, do the job and get satisfaction knowing you are serving others and have a real way to support worthy organizations and people...
I think the Cult Of Diana is more a public issue than a Diana issue. I think she'd have been rolling her eyes at the People's Princess bullshit. Leave me alone to throw up my cake in peace please etc.
I do recall my mum pointing out how much Sophie looked like Diana when Edward's engagement was announced in '99 too.

Anne is pretty solid. I like her preference for bull terriers over corgis.
I also imagine Lady Louise is going to turn out pretty well.

Reactions: 9
I think the Cult Of Diana is more a public issue than a Diana issue. I think she'd have been rolling her eyes at the People's Princess bullshit. Leave me alone to throw up my cake in peace please etc.
I do recall my mum pointing out how much Sophie looked like Diana when Edward's engagement was announced in '99 too.

Anne is pretty solid. I like her preference for bull terriers over corgis.
I also imagine Lady Louise is going to turn out pretty well.
I agree with your point about the cult of Diana. But the bit in bold, I know it’s just a joke, but honestly there’s nothing peaceful about bulimia, the physical and mental toll it takes on a person is exhausting.

I’m sure this has been asked before but why did Harry and William fall out so badly? They were so close. Harry used to tag along with Kate and William even. Surely it’s not because William told him to wait a while before marrying Meghan. That’s a natural piece of advice to give to give anyone.

Reactions: 3
Yes you can dislike both sides.

But looking through an objective lens, "royals" or not, I don't have to like William and Kate to declare that it takes real bottom-feeding self-serving scum (Harry and his handler) to stoop low enough to publicly blackmail your own family out of greed and selfishness, use trigger issues like mental illness and racism for self-aggrandising (whilst keeping schtum about being a vile racist yourself hiding behind your black-when-convenient wife), fake philanthropy, and even routinely try to generate good press for yourself on your nephews' and niece's birthdays, and by planting vile stories about your family with "sources", and when all else fails use your own children as shields against bad press. Pure gutter scum.

I can think of a few reasons to like W&K, even if I don't share them, but can think of a total of zero reasons to like H&M.

It's about making sure you put enough pegs on your clothes when you hang them on the washing line to dry if it's really windy out so you don't find your newly clean washing on the garden floor.
I go one step further in my pegging routine and only use matching colours of pegs for each garment, digging in good and hard as I go along.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Don't you remember her saying 'I want to be the queen of people's hearts' in an interview?

Reactions: 5
I think you can absolutely see Diana for the flawed human she was and still say the RF did her dirty initially. She and Charles had risen above it mostly over the years. I think they would get on quite alright now if she was still alive.
You also don’t have to dislike H&M to point out that they are making a real tit show of their grand exit and don’t look happy or successful. It would be cool if they could shut up about his family and appear more sincere and long term invested in a charity issue, all while finally putting out quality content via their producing deals. If they get insanely rich doing so, I’d be happy for them and they can use their neighbours private jet for the daily morning coffee run for all they want - as long as they don’t lecture about the environment.
You can also dislike W&K for their idiotic “relatable” PR spin, think they are lazy and say she is most definitely unhealthily thin and still think they are doing an ok/good job. Their laziness will translate into the new work set up for a cut down monarchy. But they seem to be fine with each other and their life. And the children seem to be as well adjusted and happy as they can in this environment.
People are complex and neither is 100% perfect or 100% horrible. They are just as good and flawed as everybody else. Just because they are very privileged doesn’t mean they are fundamentally different in that regard. Neither do they need to be.

I find the pegging rumours pretty disgusting in so far, as it’s nobodies business as long as it’s two consenting adults. Why would you shame someone else about their sexual preferences/likes? That’s really low and says more about the person sending stuff like that around.

The personal level some of those gossip stuff goes to and the strong feelings some people have around them is pretty worrisome to be honest. If I would get so up in arms about them, I hope someone would give me a smack on the head and take away my internet access.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I’m sure this has been asked before but why did Harry and William fall out so badly? They were so close. Harry used to tag along with Kate and William even. Surely it’s not because William told him to wait a while before marrying Meghan. That’s a natural piece of advice to give to give anyone.
They have had an uneasy relationship for years … before either Kate or Meghan came on the scene they had rows and periods without talking.

It seems to be fairly well acknowledged that after the infamous fancy dress party Harry thought he had been stitched up by William and they went months without speaking.

It’s just that at that time they were both under the Royal PR protection and it suited the narrative to have ‘Diana’s Boys’ close.

Reactions: 10
The personal level some of those gossip stuff goes to and the strong feelings some people have around them is pretty worrisome to be honest. If I would get so up in arms about them, I hope someone would give me a smack on the head and take away my internet access.
I have seen people declaring they would cancel Netflix subscription if Harry's documentary is aired. FFS, why are people so triggered?

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.