The Royal Family #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

new video of the Cambridges and their dog leaving Kensington Palace (I think?).
I’m surprised William is still travelling with his entire family, especially by helicopter.
If, God forbid, a fatal accident happened then Harry would inherit the throne after Charles! 😱

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m surprised William is still travelling with his entire family, especially by helicopter.
If, God forbid, a fatal accident happened then Harry would inherit the throne after Charles! 😱
That’s what I was thinking. After Kobe died I read lots of articles that said unless it was a military helicopter, helicopters aren’t the safest way to travel.

That’s what I was thinking. After Kobe died I read lots of articles that said unless it was a military helicopter, helicopters aren’t the safest way to travel.
I’m surprised the queen hadn’t stepped in and stopped them traveling together. Heirs were never supposed to. I thought they had actually started traveling separately when I saw William didn’t travel with George to Wimbledon the other day.

Reactions: 3
I’m surprised the queen hadn’t stepped in and stopped them traveling together. Heirs were never supposed to. I thought they had actually started traveling separately when I saw William didn’t travel with George to Wimbledon the other day.
I'm pretty sure William has been advised to stop it.

William does as he wants and doesn't take advice.

It isn't hard for them to drive but maybe with all the out-riders, traffic problems it is just easier for everyone for them to use the helicopter.

After all - do as I say not as I do.

Reactions: 8
Yes, that’s Wimbledon for you … humans, even royal ones come very low down the pecking order :D

Hopefully, by the time George is old enough to do the job proper trussing anyone, child or adult, up in a formal suit, shirt and tie to sit out in the blazing sun just to watch a bit of sport will be consigned to the bin marked ‘quaint customs we don’t do anymore’.
I saw something today where it said they have underseat fans in the royal box.

On the one hand, i admire Williams desire to do things his way, especially when it comes to his young family. On the other, I won’t be comfortable about them all being on the same helicopter until the Cambridge children have their own offspring and put Hazza further down the line of succession!

Reactions: 4
I am very surprised the whole family were on that helicopter to be honest.
It’s a huge risk on many levels.

I am very surprised the whole family were on that helicopter to be honest.
It’s a huge risk on many levels.
I’m not really surprised. It would be a heavy psychological burden on the entire family if Dad and George were never allowed to travel together in case they’re both killed. I mean, how dark is that? Not to mention the idea that Dad and George are more important than everyone else…

So although I accept there are small risks, they’re outweighed by the benefits of the whole family being allowed to be “normal” (as normal as getting on a private helicopter to Norfolk goes).

Reactions: 2
I’m not a fan of helicopters but of course anything could happen travelling anywhere in anything.
It just seems an unnecessary risk.

Reactions: 1
I was watching a bit of that Camilla's country life show last night. Bloody hell, they just all massively privileged aren't they. She and her siblings would holiday in a big old country house in Dorset. It's kind of sickening. Her grandparents were all linked to royalty to begin with.

She was left £500k when her grandparents (I think) died, so she never had to work. I'm not sure why I was surprised whatsoever, i knew most of those marrying into royalty or are close to royalty are linked in some way anyway. They are all aristocracy and in no way similar to us in anyway.

Reactions: 5
At least unlike some Camilla uses that privilege to help others like her work for domestic violence and abuse survivors and literacy. I like her a lot. They're all privileged - but if you use that privilege for good it makes it sting a little less I suppose.. she is not afraid to say things that others would not say or get close to like really working with women's charities and being open about how women AND MEN are abused, trying to break the fear and stigma of it. I grew up in a household where my mother was abused (I was too)... it was really awful and I admire her for trying to do what she can.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
At least unlike some Camilla uses that privilege to help others like her work for domestic violence and abuse survivors and literacy. I like her a lot. They're all privileged - but if you use that privilege for good it makes it sting a little less I suppose
I agree. I think she really takes the time to understand issues. I think really, they are uber privileged. They aristos have always provided mistresses for the Royals, including Camilla and her ancestors. She is less grating to me than the ' just like you' Royals.

Reactions: 10
I agree. I think she really takes the time to understand issues. I think really, they are uber privileged. They aristos have always provided mistresses for the Royals, including Camilla and her ancestors. She is less grating to me than the ' just like you' Royals.
To be fair, having a child born on the wrong side of the blanket to the Monarch/Royalty was a virtual guarantee of a peerage either by marriage to a compliant Earl for the mother, peerage in own right if child was a boy or marriage into the peerage eventually if a girl.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.