The Royal Family #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I always wondered how they sustained their lives. I read on here that Margaret's daughter lives in a nice part of London which won't be cheap. Then you have Anne and Edward etc.

I know William and Kate have that new home on Windsor grounds. Charles lives in clarence house. The Wessexes have some multi million pound mansion in the countryside.

This is extreme:

Prince Edward and Sophie Wessex's £30m home is one of the grandest royal residences | HELLO! https://www.hellomagazine.com/homes...essex-prince-edward-home-bagshot-park-photos/
Princess Margaret's daughter, Lady Sarah Chatto, lives in a terraced house in Kensington and a farmhouse in Sussex. Both privately owned and neither part of the Crown Estate.

The Wessexes don't own Bagshot Park, they lease it from the Crown Estate and they are working royals

Reactions: 5
Princess Margaret's daughter, Lady Sarah Chatto, lives in a terraced house in Kensington and a farmhouse in Sussex. Both privately owned and neither part of the Crown Estate.

The Wessexes don't own Bagshot Park, they lease it from the Crown Estate and they are working royals
Don’t forget as well, that while Lady Sarah isn’t an immediate royal, she is still the granddaughter of a King and will more than likely have trusts and inheritances from the Queen mum at least.

Zara, Peter and their families live on the Gatcombe Estate of their mum.

Reactions: 9
Don’t forget as well, that while Lady Sarah isn’t an immediate royal, she is still the granddaughter of a King and will more than likely have trusts and inheritances from the Queen mum at least.

Without the royal association they wouldn't be living in multimillion pound properties. Do they receive medical care via the royal association too? If not, they most likely get private healthcare with ease anyway.

Reactions: 10
Without the royal association they wouldn't be living in multimillion pound properties. Do they receive medical care via the royal association too? If not, they most likely get private healthcare with ease anyway.
If there is one thing life has taught me, it’s that those who have The most (in monetary/power terms … and this does not just apply to the RF) pay the least.

Reactions: 18

So what, so do millions of others inherit wealth in this country, many far more than she did.

Gatcombe Estate is also privately owned and not part of the Crown Estate

Yes they would, they live in private properties, not Crown Estate and not State owned. Millions of people also have private healthcare. Unless you have a leftwing ideological agenda against all inherited wealth and private healthcare, again, so what?

If there is one thing life has taught me, it’s that those who have The most (in monetary/power terms … and this does not just apply to the RF) pay the least.
Certainly not true in income tax terms or inheritance tax

Reactions: 1

TYL, I understand you’re a staunch monarchist and I know a lot on here give you a hard time you over it (I wouldn’t, we are all entitled to our views) but I doubt Sarah Chatto’s terraced house in Kensington is a basic 2 up, 2 down terraced house. I don’t know, but I should imagine it’s more likely a large, listed Georgian townhouse. Yes, it’s still a terraced house but not exactly in the same league as most terraced houses.

Reactions: 7
TYL, I understand you’re a staunch monarchist and I know a lot on here give you a hard time you over it (I wouldn’t, we are all entitled to our views) but I doubt Sarah Chatto’s terraced house in Kensington is a basic 2 up, 2 down terraced house. I don’t know, but I should imagine it’s more likely a large, listed Georgian townhouse. Yes, it’s still a terraced house but not exactly in the same league as most terraced houses.
Maybe but still privately owned

Reactions: 1
Didn't Margaret leave her daughter a load of money though? Surely without that her daughter and her daughter's family wouldn't be in the situation they are in financially. All that money being passed around the family. Didn't the Queen bail out Edward when he was in financial trouble too? The royal family have so much money swirling around, they can help out the rest of them for a good few generations.

Reactions: 4
Didn't Margaret leave her daughter a load of money though? Surely without that her daughter and her daughter's family wouldn't be in the situation they are in financially. All that money being passed around the family. Didn't the Queen bail out Edward when he was in financial trouble too? The royal family have so much money swirling around, they can help out the rest of them for a good few generations.
Yes all those properties are privately owned, but none of them have been bought with a mortgage or from earnings. They are all bought through money being passed round the Royals, none of whom have ever worked, at least not in a capacity that would make that money. Bagshot Park is rented by the Wessexes. I wonder how much the lease cost them? Its an enormous house. Not sure if there's anything that can be done about it. It's just the way it is.

Princess Margaret disposed of an estimated £12 million in assets before her death to avoid death duties - one being her Mustique which she gave to her son who promptly sold it. They estimate that Margaret had £7 million in her will and her children sold a lot of her belongings in an auction after her death.

Reactions: 3
I think most have definitely enough investments to sustain them living VERY comfortably. The sad truth is- at a certain threshold you will not loose money but only ever have more. And with money and connections (no matter if it’s royal or otherwise) comes not only more money and connections but also opportunities, access and crazy enough extrem money saving opportunities. You pay off stuff straight away, so no interest rates, you get invited to stuff other people could never afford (like staying at someone’s awesome place or yacht ), special deals because companies want to keep you as customer. You still buy expensive stuff but for a better price then Mr. Smith would have gotten. And of course you can afford great advisors and the odd shell company and tax tricks.

Reactions: 13

I haven't had time to watch this yet but had to smile when I saw who it was about.
The number of women I know who are panting with love for this man is extreme!! 😁🤗💏

Reactions: 4
The Queen doesn't personally own Buckingham Palace or Windsor Castle. However they still cost a lot to refurbish and maintain.

She has given a lifetime of service to her country and I am a diehard monarchist and always will be

If you live on the streets that is nothing to do with the royals, it is you who have failed to get paid employment and the government who manage economic policy and the welfare state
You scare me.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
The Queen's bodyguard, dashing major Johnny Thompson is a new heartthrob among royal watchers. I hope press will never find out who his love interest is, cause the poor woman (or man ) will be the new target of hate and scorn. :whistle: :rolleyes:

• Haha

Those who are paid highest also pay more tax, buy more expensive homes which cost more to upkeep, and pay for private healthcare, etc. When you mention that those who have the most pay the least, I'm confused as to what you mean.

Reactions: 3
Those who are paid highest also pay more tax, buy more expensive homes which cost more to upkeep, and pay for private healthcare, etc. When you mention that those who have the most pay the least, I'm confused as to what you mean.
Those who have most money are very good at finding tax avoidance schemes. They may buy expensive homes, often several of them, which increase in value year by year (=unearned income). Such homes can be leased to others, in the long or short term (like film sets). They are given many things for free, provided with accommodation / meals / holidays / gifts by their organisation, those who want their favour, or the country. It's quite possible for a very rich person to have less actual ooutgoings than someone with much less income or assets.

Reactions: 15
To be honest, I reckon most country homes in this country are owned by those who have inherited it. So many aristocrats in this country who have inherited wealth. Spencer family is one off the top of my head. Where these aristocrat's ancestors got their money to begin with, who knows. I wonder if slave trade played a big part.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.