The Royal Family #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not going to lie, I did burst out laughing when I switched on my Twitter yesterday. It was just so random. So random that even if I were a massive William devotee I still would have found it funny in its sheer randomness. We are of course never going to know if it's actually true or not. Can't imagine the Palace releasing a statement about William's bedroom habits.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
For me the Royal Family is all one big soap opera. When I was young we were taught they were almost deific beings and when HM drove past our school we waved our flags excitedly. We bought all the Charles and Di wedding tat too.

If you'd told me then that Charles was shagging around and wanted to be his mistress's tampon, that Andrew would be accused of paedophilia, Diana was out wrecking other women's marriages, even dear old Phil was cheating on the Queen I probably would have burst into tears and told Miss Jones you were lying.

In that context it wouldn't surprise me if William loves a bit of pegging or Harry likes to be thrashed with a golden corgi. It's all been pretty sordid for a very long time.

Reactions: 14
For me the Royal Family is all one big soap opera. When I was young we were taught they were almost deific beings and when HM drove past our school we waved our flags excitedly. We bought all the Charles and Di wedding tat too.

If you'd told me then that Charles was shagging around and wanted to be his mistress's tampon, that Andrew would be accused of paedophilia, Diana was out wrecking other women's marriages, even dear old Phil was cheating on the Queen I probably would have burst into tears and told Miss Jones you were lying.

In that context it wouldn't surprise me if William loves a bit of pegging or Harry likes to be thrashed with a golden corgi. It's all been pretty sordid for a very long time.
This is what I think. Who knows if its true? How would anyone know who wasn't there? Doubt he would do it with his bodyguards there, but why is it so beyond the realms of possibility that he would shag around? They don't have that much to do, or much they have to worry about. They have the opportunity. They have a huge ( higher than average) divorce rate, all caused by cheating. They are not angels sent by God to show us how we should live.

Reactions: 7
I'm far less concerned about a Prince who enjoys a bit of pegging in what sounds like an open marriage and far more concerned about his literal child sex offender of an Uncle who used taxpayer funds to pay off his accusers.

Reactions: 22
I remember media disrespect seemed to begin with the start of Channel Four's series Spitting Image in 1984, which was soon followed by tabloids starting to mock some of Prince Charles' views and comments as well as making subtle hints of troubles in Charles' and Diana's marriage.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
This is what I think. Who knows if its true? How would anyone know who wasn't there? Doubt he would do it with his bodyguards there, but why is it so beyond the realms of possibility that he would shag around? They don't have that much to do, or much they have to worry about. They have the opportunity. They have a huge ( higher than average) divorce rate, all caused by cheating. They are not angels sent by God to show us how we should live.
I don’t think any of them could beat Princess Margaret could they? If she lived on a council estate, she would have been called all the words beginning with ‘s’ you could think of. Set it in a castle and on private island and it transmogrifies in ‘party girl’.

I think, if he hadn't been so splendidly cuckolded by the tabloids, Andrew would have been happy to Stay married to Fergie.

I remember the first beginnings of media disrespect seemed to begin with the start of Channel Four's series Spitting Image in 1984, which was soon followed by tabloids starting to mock some of Prince Charles' views and comments as well as making subtle hints of troubles in Charles' and Diana's marriage.
It seems quite benign until 1992 when everything exploded with the leaked phone calls and Fergie photos.

Reactions: 6
It seems quite benign until 1992 when everything exploded with the leaked phone calls and Fergie photos.
Oh yeah, 1992 was the year the Queen called her ”annus horribilis” (horrible year).

The expression was brought to modern prominence by Queen Elizabeth II. In a speech at Guildhall on 24 November 1992, marking her Ruby Jubilee on the throne, she said:[2]

1992 is not a year on which I shall look back with undiluted pleasure. In the words of one of my more sympathetic correspondents, it has turned out to be an annus horribilis.

Reactions: 3

Compared to Charles IInd or George IVth or Edward VIIIth or Henry VIIIths private lives, Charles and William are relative Puritans

Compared to Charles IInd or George IVth or Edward VIIIth or Henry VIIIths private lives, Charles and William are relative Puritans
Well of course. No matter how much she annoyed him I don't think Charles would have got away with beheading Di.

Oh yeah, 1992 was the year the Queen called her ”annus horribilis” (horrible year).
I really felt sorry for her then and thought of her as a frail little old lady. Amazing to think that was 30 years ago!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Not going to lie, I did burst out laughing when I switched on my Twitter yesterday. It was just so random. So random that even if I were a massive William devotee I still would have found it funny in its sheer randomness. We are of course never going to know if it's actually true or not. Can't imagine the Palace releasing a statement about William's bedroom habits.
I'm a supporter of the Royals but like you say, it was just so random that it was funny.

One poster questioned why it wasn't mentioned in the Daily Mail as it was the top trend nearly all day but they really don't write about any old crap (though it seems like) that is trending. Otherwise they'd be writing articles on 'size 10' or 'size 8' whenever Adidas or ASOS have an offer 🤣

TQ's dad was Albert, known as Bertie. He changed his name to George.
I don’t think it’s so much changed their name, as used one of their actual middle names.
Edward VII (of the special chair) was actually Albert Edward.
George VI used his last middle name … whereas Edward VIII used his first name for Kingly purposes but was known by his last middle name of David.
Charles has a pick of Charles, Philip, Arthur or George.
William has Arthur,Philip or Louis (George seems to have skipped a generation for good behaviour).
George has Alexander or Louis
(all of which shows the Royal Family really doesn‘t trouble the baby name book)

Reactions: 1
Fair play to Wills if he likes being done up the arse.
If it’s done between consenting adults and his wife’s ok with it, I genuinely couldn’t care less.

I am, however, immature enough to have read ‘annus horribilis’ as ‘anus horribilis’ (which seemed more fitting for this situation) and it really made me laugh.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
If it’s done between consenting adults and his wife’s ok with it, I genuinely couldn’t care less.

I am, however, immature enough to have read ‘annus horribilis’ as ‘anus horribilis’ (which seemed more fitting for this situation) and it really made me laugh.
Oh thank you. I thought about 'going there' but decided against it🤣

• Haha
I think we might be the first generation of ‘everyday people’ (aka non aristos) who have had an in-depth conversation with strangers on the future King’s potential love for taking it up the arse.
God bless the digital age.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I think we might be the first generation of ‘everyday people’ (aka non aristos) who have had an in-depth conversation with strangers on the future King’s potential love for taking it up the arse.
Ah, progress.

Meanwhile some people think it's perfectly normal to question the very existence of Harry's kids. But William having it away?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.