The Royal Family #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Camilla apparently has given up as Charles hates it. Kate, William and Harry all smoked at one time. I think they have all given up or at least are never seen smoking.

Reactions: 5
William and Kate drank like fishes and were regularly stumbling out of clubs drunk in their twenties, even when William was supposed to be working. I never partied so I never understood the appeal. They all smoked (except Charles).

Pretty sure I’ve seen all of them with the occasional alcoholic beverage at events - so imagine they all drink. Camilla definitely used to smoke like a chimney I believe and Jeremy Clarkson insinuated she might still have a crafty one now and again on her special documentary that was on not so long ago

Reactions: 3
I seem to remember Kate was smoking in those topless pictures that the French version of Closer published after she and William got papped at long range on holiday.

Reactions: 7
Just had a google. When her and William split up and she was going on all those nights out in London showing him that she didn’t care, she was papped with a pack of cigarettes in her open handbag.

@thegirlscout I love the Girls of Ireland and Britain and the Cartier Halo. The latter site very good on non poofy hair, which is the norm nowadays. I think Kate should wear the hell out of it because it suits her hairstyles much better than the Lover’s Knot.

@LoopyLou47 I don’t even need them to be actually invested in their pet projects. I am happy enough with a good play pretend. But it’s not even that. Why not establish Eartshot first before moving it around? And yes to your suggestion for Commonwealth countries. I also think they could have easily done so much more in promoting the contenders, talking heads, follow ups…. geoblocking is a witch and KP most definitely should habt utilised their Insta, Twitter and YT to make this approachable to a wider audience. Give those ideas a bigger platform than one evening and some money.
Same for „Kate’s“ questionnaire (which was neither groundbreaking nor by her). The question round they put out was so bad. They didn’t even answer the very few questions in some cases. Why not make it a mini series? It’s not as if Kate would have to do much. Why not let professionals give answers? I am not even asking for her to get a degree or take a course (I mean she could easily get a pseudo online degree and get her thesis ghostwritten).
They could put out so much AND look invested without really having to work more. It’s baffling. On the other hand- atm they hold all the wining cards. Cute kids, being the young and good looking, high ranking couple, PA and H&M (and now Charles) take all of the heat and they are the boring but calm
and steady golden couple to measure against. But the media will turn on them again eventually. Let’s hope they have some smart people aboard that have some good strategies in place when it comes to this.

Here’s a photo of the ‘old’ and ‘new’ version. I don’t like the new version either! There’s now too much in the middle and not enough at the sides!

I would have taken the top bit off and had the 3 fan bits the same and then used the diamonds from the central bottom bit to fill in the gaps with some new sort of shape.

Plus another tiara she’s got that I’m not keen on either! Although I prefer it as a tiara to a necklace.

View attachment 1484117

View attachment 1484125

View attachment 1484118
She's got a third one, the Amethyst Ribbon, loaned to her but it has a weird frame with what looks like a paperclip holding it up.

Screenshot_20220809-204036~2.png

There's other tiaras still in the vaults while the Cartier Halo, the Greville Emerald and Queen Mary's Bandeau have disappeared from sight again. To name only three, the Strathmore Rose, the Queen Mary Sunray Bandeau, and the turquoise Lamps of Love haven't been seen for years. The Strathmore Rose hasn't been seen since Queen Elizabeth the QM was Duchess of York. Princess Margaret wore the bandeau before marriage and the turquoises for the rest of her life. Neither have appeared in the sale of her jewels or on her son's then wife, so the speculation is that they are back in the vaults. After all, the wedding tiaras of Kate, Meghan and Eugenie hadn't been seen either for decades until they appeared in them as brides.

For an overall cracking collection, the Duchess of Gloucester has a superb selection. I hope that most of it goes back into the vaults for the main line rather than sold as I doubt that her daughter-in-law will have the occasion to wear much of it. A lot of the collection came from Queen Mary.

the Strathmore Rose
I think this would look good on Louise as it’s quite a youthful design. Also she has thick hair so she wouldn’t have a ‘paper clip moment’ like in the photo of Sophie you shared.

Reactions: 1
well, a lot of the collection came from people who felt compelled to add to Queen Mary’s swag bag when she paid a visit and she passed the long winter nights redesigning them.

I think a lot of the Gloucester jewels were gifted to Princess Alice … i think the Teck Turquoise Tiara is lovely … and differnt.

The Amythest Ribbon shows why much hair and a lot of back combing is necessary to hide the workings 😎

If it's true that Prince Charles is going to open up much of Buckingham Palace as a sort of museum rather than living in it, I'd really love it if they opened it with a fabulous exhibition of all the royal tiaras.

Little bit of royal gossip from my end of the country. An acquaintance of mine lives in an old lighthouse keepers cottage and last week was pottering around their garden when two large expensive Range Rover-type things came up to the lighthouse and several well-dressed men got out. My acquaintance was about to give them an earful, as there's a large sign saying 'Private property beyond this point, no access to lighthouse' which tourists regularly ignore, when one of the men said, 'The man we work for is walking the coastal path, where is he likely to come out, please?' Well, 'the man we work for' generally only means one person up here at this time of year, as he's a regular visitor for a short holiday in August at his grandmother's old house, and sure enough, ten minutes later Prince Charles walks past their garden and stops for a chat. Even though they're a republican, my acquaintance reported he was absolutely charming.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
She's got a third one, the Amethyst Ribbon, loaned to her but it has a weird frame with what looks like a paperclip holding it up.

View attachment 1486016

There's other tiaras still in the vaults while the Cartier Halo, the Greville Emerald and Queen Mary's Bandeau have disappeared from sight again. To name only three, the Strathmore Rose, the Queen Mary Sunray Bandeau, and the turquoise Lamps of Love haven't been seen for years. The Strathmore Rose hasn't been seen since Queen Elizabeth the QM was Duchess of York. Princess Margaret wore the bandeau before marriage and the turquoises for the rest of her life. Neither have appeared in the sale of her jewels or on her son's then wife, so the speculation is that they are back in the vaults. After all, the wedding tiaras of Kate, Meghan and Eugenie hadn't been seen either for decades until they appeared in them as brides.

For an overall cracking collection, the Duchess of Gloucester has a superb selection. I hope that most of it goes back into the vaults for the main line rather than sold as I doubt that her daughter-in-law will have the occasion to wear much of it. A lot of the collection came from Queen Mary.
I'm confused, so the bandeau tiara MM wore at her wedding was the same one Margaret used to wear but with a different centre stone?

If it's true that Prince Charles is going to open up much of Buckingham Palace as a sort of museum rather than living in it, I'd really love it if they opened it with a fabulous exhibition of all the royal tiaras.

Little bit of royal gossip from my end of the country. An acquaintance of mine lives in an old lighthouse keepers cottage and last week was pottering around their garden when two large expensive Range Rover-type things came up to the lighthouse and several well-dressed men got out. My acquaintance was about to give them an earful, as there's a large sign saying 'Private property beyond this point, no access to lighthouse' which tourists regularly ignore, when one of the men said, 'The man we work for is walking the coastal path, where is he likely to come out, please?' Well, 'the man we work for' generally only means one person up here at this time of year, as he's a regular visitor for a short holiday in August at his grandmother's old house, and sure enough, ten minutes later Prince Charles walks past their garden and stops for a chat. Even though they're a republican, my acquaintance reported he was absolutely charming.
This years Buckingham Palace tour has a jubilee exhibition featuring jewellery and tiaras worn by the Queen when she was sitting for photographic portraits just after her coronation. Was lovely to see, highly recommend it.

• Heart
I'm confused, so the bandeau tiara MM wore at her wedding was the same one Margaret used to wear but with a different centre stone?
No, there's two of them with different designs.

Screenshot_20220809-212259~2.png

Screenshot_20220809-212401~2.png

well, a lot of the collection came from people who felt compelled to add to Queen Mary’s swag bag when she paid a visit and she passed the long winter nights redesigning them.

I think a lot of the Gloucester jewels were gifted to Princess Alice … i think the Teck Turquoise Tiara is lovely … and differnt.

The Amythest Ribbon shows why much hair and a lot of back combing is necessary to hide the workings 😎
Most of Queen Mary's jewellery collection came from wedding presents etc which she redesigned or added to. The items she 'acquired' tended to be things around the houses. She gave jewellery to all her daughters-in-law (I think Wallis got a single item!) but Alice seemed to be a favourite, Elizabeth of course getting the main collection as Queen Consort. Marina was apparently a bit of a snob being doubly royal herself, looking down on her sisters-in-law for being from old noble families rather than royalty, so I don't know if she had a similar feeling about her mother-in-law who had been merely a Serene Highness before marriage and Mary picked up on it. Marina also had to sell some of her jewels in her widowhood and the Kents have sold some since. Most of her collection was left to the current Queen, particularly as Elizabeth hung on to a lot of the Crown jewellery that should have been passed on, eg the Crown Rubies.

Last edited:
That's crazy. Even Anne and Edward don't have round the clock security. I wonder if it will affect Harry's case against the home office.

Reactions: 11
Sounds like someone is suggesting Epstein could have been bumped off?

• Wow
Reactions: 6
That's crazy. Even Anne and Edward don't have round the clock security. I wonder if it will affect Harry's case against the home office.
I didn't even think of it from that point of view....I honestly think Harry is more of a security risk than Andrew? You know, with him being in hiding in his mummy's castle....

Reactions: 4
Neither of them are working royals though. Fair enough, give them security if they're at a royal event but if they want security outside of that they should hire a private firm. (And not the met police!) Why would Andrew need more security than Anne or Edward? Is there really a threat against him?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.