Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Squeezyscoob

I was in school with the girls and they’re all absolutely gorgeous. Really lovely family who haven’t changed at all over the years. In school they were cool but never bitches and would have a good conversation with anyone. Claire and Eugine are truly kind people. They didn’t come from much but worked their arses off to get to a place of solid financial comfort. They also do huge amounts of charity work and the houses they built in Romania for orphans are spectacular. Eugine organised for groups from the school to volunteer in Romania and took such pride in educating more people about the corruption there so we could come home fighting for change. Most of their charity work is under the radar. Only thing I could ever say about then is I’m devastated Aoibheann got braces to close the gap between her front two teeth, I always think people with that gap look so endearing 😂😂 there are a lot of wolves in sheep’s clothing out there but these girls are from such a lovely, wholesome family.

Reactions: 61
The Wikipedia should read *Doireann was a comedy impressionist satirising the influencer industry until she became the very thing she always slagged*

Reactions: 56

whatsthesca

I was in school with the girls and they’re all absolutely gorgeous. Really lovely family who haven’t changed at all over the years. In school they were cool but never bitches and would have a good conversation with anyone. Claire and Eugine are truly kind people. They didn’t come from much but worked their arses off to get to a place of solid financial comfort. They also do huge amounts of charity work and the houses they built in Romania for orphans are spectacular. Eugine organised for groups from the school to volunteer in Romania and took such pride in educating more people about the corruption there so we could come home fighting for change. Most of their charity work is under the radar. Only thing I could ever say about then is I’m devastated Aoibheann got braces to close the gap between her front two teeth, I always think people with that gap look so endearing 😂😂 there are a lot of wolves in sheep’s clothing out there but these girls are from such a lovely, wholesome family.
I’m amazed there’s even a thread about them to be honest - I think they’re fab. Don’t come with any of the fakeness and contrivement that most of the plastic faced Irish Insta blogger hunz have. It’s not even that people are giving out about them on this as such...it’s like people can’t believe that they genuinely might just be nice, drama-free girls after all 😂 I get how people would grow tiresome of the Oirishness and the impersonations etc but that’s what everyone loved about them all along so maybe it’s growing stale. They seem well brought up and it’s nice to read that they are chatty and friendly to most that have met them or went to school with them, you don’t read that a lot on here. I know she’s not leggy and blonde but I think Doireann is really pretty and cool in her own way and has nice style - would take her any day over the likes of Rosie Conn or Just Jordan plugging their shitty Boohoo tat with their botoxed faces. Doireann is far more endearing and has a brain and a personality. Just cos people compare her to her sisters (I mean come on, Aoibhin is almost unfairly stunning😂) doesn’t mean she’s not pretty - she can look very well!

• Heart
Reactions: 39

Hannahchoo

Anyone think Doireann’s new fella looks a bit like the dad? A big, hefty lump of a thing with a smiley head on him.

• Haha
Reactions: 38

Nobbynoo

And Donal’s away again today (don’t know if it’s free yet) and Lottie Ryan was in 3 different hotels last week (all with #gifted or @tagged)and headed home to delivery of her new @tagged kitchen and living room furniture. I’m sure Doireann’s ‘adventure’ this week will have a # somewhere along the way
I actually stayed in one of the hotels Lottie stayed in last weekend. I was so annoyed seeing her free stays, I actually emailed the hotel the other night. We stayed for two nights and after eating and drinking in the hotel for two days along with a spa treatment, our bill on checking out was quite frankly astronomical. But we both worked hard all over lockdown and said we’d treat ourselves seeing as our yearly holiday away was cancelled. I asked them to explain why they choose these “influencers” to stay there for free, what do they gain from it. I questioned why my dog didn’t receive the same big welcome pack of stuff that Lotties did and why weren’t the same goodies left in my room that she got! No reply and I prob sounded like a complete Karen but needed to get it off my chest how annoyed I was!

• Angry
Reactions: 34

Mona86

VIP Member
Aoibhin might do a mediation for the SP HSE ad :
‘ as you turn on the tap Let the water remind you of the flowing river of life. Take your right hand, gently place it under the tap, not too fast, breathe in as if your on Spanish point on a sunny day. Repeat with the left hand, if you are breastfeeding seven babies all at once when trying to wash your hands, I encourage you to by the BEO BABY SLING for just €4000 to take that weight off your hands, your back and your soul. Use the soap, crafted on the hills of moher and lather your hands up as you wash away the worries of the west. ‘

• Haha
Reactions: 34

Jollyolly

Its not easy with a new baby, I m so glad there was no such thing as Instagrammers/bloggers when I was at the baby stage.
I'm a relatively new mam (hes 9 months) and honestly, I really struggled for the first few months. I remember the night he was born, partner had gone home and I was in the room alone, post c section just sitting there thinking "oh no what the fuck have I just done". Quickly followed by "why am I not on social media gushing about my newborn baby with a flower wall and matching nightwear and a curly blowdry, what's wrong with me??".

I can hand on heart say I didn't start to bond with him until he was about 6 months, and again I'd see influencers gushing about their babies and how amazing motherhood is and be thinking ok, there is something wrong with me.

Thankfully it passed and I kinda like the little fella nowadays 😅😍

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31

Marjorie

I hate the level of marketing aimed at vulnerable women by influencers. Come to my fashion factory I’ll reach you how to feel good about your appearance for €109.. come to my beo baby-I’ll teach your how to be the perfect mommy. Nothing against the ppl who run these things-they’re business ppl making money but it’s really women’s own fault. We buy what they’re all selling-whether it’s from LLL or pippa we do it because we never believe we’re enough. This beo event wouldn’t have been bought into by our mothers generation because they didn’t have the disposable income and trusted their own instincts because they hadn’t been eroded by years of ads telling them they weren’t enough.
its Like all the tat we’re told we need to buy for babies. In reality a baby doesn’t need anything except a mom and boobs and a warm place to sleep.

• Heart

Hannahchoo

Their range of voices drives me mad. The older one all calm and zen like, she would never say a bad word, she’s too wholesome for that, the nobody middle one is husky and needs a lozenge and then Doireann’s D4 wannabe accent mixed with the ridiculous country farmer Clare accent. Just talk in your normal voice!!

• Haha
Salty response by Dzitzy in her Q&A's regarding how did people know which boat to leave the gifts! It's a fair question, but she got very cheeky. If she thinks she's going to become the next Ryan Tubridy and take over RTE, then she needs to work on her game face and stop being so immature with a bit of fair criticism. Although she will no doubt follow her sisters footsteps...meet a rich man and stop working at 30.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30

Panda88

Chatty Member
A freebie night for Doireann now in Tankardstown House..no doubt be more as they both on ALs..soo sick of all these getting freebies really puts me off places🙄🙄
I got married there this year it's so annoying to see that they gift these people a stay but they don't even give a free anniversary stay to people who spend like 15k there!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 30

Leggo2

Has anyone seen the 2FM posts of Doireann? She looks like she has put on a good bit of weight. Either that or she’s maybe... pregnant?
Really hate comments like that. Good bit if weight? Heaven forbid not like half the country has put on the covid stone

Reactions: 29

notsodumbblonde

ugh dr Doireann, I find her so bland... mint tea, sunglasses, posing around her home.. no craic I'd say.
Very mixed opinion of Dr Doireann O’L. Seems very knowledgeable on healthcare and I do get the vibe is she probably a thorough and caring G.P. However, the constant flaunting of wealth is unbearable. Obviously minted as her husband is a surgeon too and in fairness it takes a lot of brains and hard work to get to where they both are. But God forbid something from Penney’s would grace her wardrobe. I’d say she owns the entire Louis Vuitton collection. A new designer dress for every day to model inside her clinical very unhomely looking Rochestown pad (complete with Mini and Audi in the paved driveway, what else darling)...completely sucked into keeping up appearances for the area she’s living in. Dubarry boots and Barbour jacket for the walk in woods (no Regatta jacket and Dunnes wellies like us commoners!!). Every.single.thing.must.be.designer. Don’t understand the need for Facetuning, heavy filtering and fake hair piece, she doesn’t need any of it. Last of all, please get a new pair of sunglasses with all your money cos those ridiculous bug eye Celine glasses do you zero favours. She moans about not being taken seriously as a doctor cos of how she looks - if she normalised herself a bit more, this will help! Some things are just too unrelatable with her. But, credit where it’s due, she should be commended for being a frontline worker during the pandemic.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

LittleLazyDaisy

I’ve often been tempted to go to one but the price of the tickets was madness. Are the goody bags decent? I’ve never loved her guest lineup either Sile Seoige isn’t my cuppa. I would have liked to see Dr Doireann O’Leary in Cork when she was on I do like her but I wasn’t able to go.
ugh dr Doireann, I find her so bland... mint tea, sunglasses, posing around her home.. no craic I'd say.

Lollypopper

What's she on about "Mom" chop though? Just say you wanted to show off your hair cut, not everything has to be related to being a mother.

Pet peeve but hate when Irish people use Mom. I know it depends where you grew up and no offense to anyone who does use it

Circe

So glad to read that I am not the only person in Ireland who is sick of seeing these chancers everywhere I look! A bunch of privileged narcissists, without a scrap of talent between them but mammy and daddy's boat money and multiple properties. Aoibhin is the worst, with her holier than thou Mother Earth act. Every 6 months the Sindo magazine does an article about her big move to the West. You would think that she re-located to the Congo. Doireann is only on 2FM because of her Insta profile (RTE needed to bring in a younger audience) and anyone who thinks otherwise is naive. Also, what is with Sile Seoige licking their arses in every post?!

• Heart
Claire garrihy actually asked me if I knew who her daughters were when buying baby stuff from the store I work in. She asked if there were any further discounts - the items were in a sale already. I said no and she threw in the “do you know who my daughters are? They will speak about this online, and say if you treat me well....or if you don’t..

• Wow
  • Haha

Ciaragh

Ah I like the Garrihy Sisters! I think they are all very beautiful & elegant and come across quite well. Doireann's comedy is not my personal taste, but she does well for herself and has her select audience. Aoibheann & Ailbhe are both very insular, private and come across quiet well.
Yeah Aoibheann’s so “insular and private” she’s doing photo shoots of herself, her kids, her house and even her fucking dogs with any magazine that will have her! She’s about as private as the M50

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Panda88

Chatty Member
The baby name is as plain as herself!
Ah now it's a nice name and actually nice to see someone use a normal name. If she went with something mad people would saying something about that too. Don't see why names have to not be "plain" anyway it's a name not an outfit.

• Heart
Reactions: 25