The Garrihy Sisters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I cant see why not? Its clear shes good at her job and attracts a big audience. Everything has to be so negative šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ if I tore her a new one youd agree. As said previously she had a presenting job with spin and was an AA girl before this. She was already in the door after getting the appropriate qualifications. I do believe the one who walked in the door was Greg o shea. But that would be OK sure
You know what youā€™re so right about the whole Greg O Shea thing! Doirrean definitely held the show together and that must have been so difficult because he had zero charisma. But she had a lot of help because she still canā€™t work the desk because she isnā€™t a radio engineer and thatā€™s why during Covid she operated from the RTE studio while Eoghan was at home because she isnā€™t fully qualified. Emma Power was pressing all the buttons for her. I might have gone off her a bit but I donā€™t listen to any other radio station in the morning except 2fm. Another thing I donā€™t like is that sheā€™s not really a champion of Irish music. Sheā€™s all about the big International pop acts and Picture This and Gavin James are the only Irish acts she knows.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yeah I unfollowed her during the wedding, overkill on vendors and all that shite. They should set up separate pages if they focus on one particular thing for such a long time. I donā€™t even know why I was following her, she doesnā€™t do any particular type of content, boring bent over outfit pics in front of the mirror with the same old lady hair she always has. Her hair is real UCD circa 2010.
Yes!! Finally someone else who is bugged by Ailbhes old fashioned hair style. She is probably the prettiest out of the three sisters, but that hair just drowns her. She looks like such a Granny! Maybe she has some insecurity about her ears or something...its the only explanation for why she insists on sporting the same jaded hairstyle everyday. She couldn't even change things up on her wedding day. Same hair, same makeup, just a white dress thrown on.

Reactions: 6
Lads I'm weak.. Didn't even know doireann j
Had a bf but whne I went into his insta... šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£Who dĆ” duck lists what he drives.. I'm fuckin weeeked from it.. Omy 19 year old brother does this.. And he drives an old skyline.. Its a boy racer thing.. How old is this yolk.. I've never actually laughed so hard in my life.. Simpletons... Listin their cars and transport in their bio.. Ah I'm done.......

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My family have a holiday home in liscannor/doolin... The mum and dad are loved but to be honest the locals can't stand the girls. They come down and think they are the queen's and vips.. Swan into family hotela doolin/armada... I can remember a couple tried booking into armada one of the suites with the baths as they were on honeymoon and they were told they fully booked so took normal room and low and behold doireann posts pics and videos of the welcome bottle of champagne and Strawberries from one of them rooms.. Absolute shame. The couple were in a friend's bar in lahinch talking about it. She was very upset. But look famiky comes first.
We have met the owner lots of times. He is a nice guy. So is his family. But ask the locals. Everyone knows he is gay. supposedly she knows he likes to take a roll in the rushes but look if she is happy with the lie then good luck to her. Look at Philip scholfield.. Don't know much about the middle sister. But their dad is hilarious. Been in his company over the years. My family and their famiky same position. Parents from Co Clare us kids raised in Dublin.
That is mad if heā€™s gay.... hopefully bisexual or else that will be a disaster! Was he with guys before aoibhin openly or all on the hush? He seems lovely to be fair!!!

Reactions: 1
ugh dr Doireann, I find her so bland... mint tea, sunglasses, posing around her home.. no craic I'd say.
Very mixed opinion of Dr Doireann Oā€™L. Seems very knowledgeable on healthcare and I do get the vibe is she probably a thorough and caring G.P. However, the constant flaunting of wealth is unbearable. Obviously minted as her husband is a surgeon too and in fairness it takes a lot of brains and hard work to get to where they both are. But God forbid something from Penneyā€™s would grace her wardrobe. Iā€™d say she owns the entire Louis Vuitton collection. A new designer dress for every day to model inside her clinical very unhomely looking Rochestown pad (complete with Mini and Audi in the paved driveway, what else darling)...completely sucked into keeping up appearances for the area sheā€™s living in. Dubarry boots and Barbour jacket for the walk in woods (no Regatta jacket and Dunnes wellies like us commoners!!). Every.single.thing.must.be.designer. Donā€™t understand the need for Facetuning, heavy filtering and fake hair piece, she doesnā€™t need any of it. Last of all, please get a new pair of sunglasses with all your money cos those ridiculous bug eye Celine glasses do you zero favours. She moans about not being taken seriously as a doctor cos of how she looks - if she normalised herself a bit more, this will help! Some things are just too unrelatable with her. But, credit where itā€™s due, she should be commended for being a frontline worker during the pandemic.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Very mixed opinion of Dr Doireann Oā€™L. Seems very knowledgeable on healthcare and I do get the vibe is she probably a thorough and caring G.P. However, the constant flaunting of wealth is unbearable. Obviously minted as her husband is a surgeon too and in fairness it takes a lot of brains and hard work to get to where they both are. But God forbid something from Penneyā€™s would grace her wardrobe. Iā€™d say she owns the entire Louis Vuitton collection. A new designer dress for every day to model inside her clinical very unhomely looking Rochestown pad (complete with Mini and Audi in the paved driveway, what else darling)...completely sucked into keeping up appearances for the area sheā€™s living in. Dubarry boots and Barbour jacket for the walk in woods (no Regatta jacket and Dunnes wellies like us commoners!!). Every.single.thing.must.be.designer. Donā€™t understand the need for Facetuning, heavy filtering and fake hair piece, she doesnā€™t need any of it. Last of all, please get a new pair of sunglasses with all your money cos those ridiculous bug eye Celine glasses do you zero favours. She moans about not being taken seriously as a doctor cos of how she looks - if she normalised herself a bit more, this will help! Some things are just too unrelatable with her. But, credit where itā€™s due, she should be commended for being a frontline worker during the pandemic.
I totally disagree with this. Saying sheā€™s not taken seriously because of how she looks has nothing to do with normalising herself, it just contributes to the narrative that you canā€™t be attractive and work in a serious job. I am also blonde and work in a not dissimilar setting and I see this every day. I understand if you donā€™t find her relatable but that shouldnā€™t have anything to do with her capability as a doctor and people taking her seriously.

Reactions: 8
I totally disagree with this. Saying sheā€™s not taken seriously because of how she looks has nothing to do with normalising herself, it just contributes to the narrative that you canā€™t be attractive and work in a serious job. I am also blonde and work in a not dissimilar setting and I see this every day. I understand if you donā€™t find her relatable but that shouldnā€™t have anything to do with her capability as a doctor and people taking her seriously.
I am also blonde and also work in a not dissimilar setting. I mean normalise in the sense that why would you wear high-end fancy designer clothing to a role where youā€™re dealing with bodily fluids like blood and sputum, and sick kids that are liable to throw up/poo/wee on you? Iā€™m not saying she canā€™t get dressed up - I just wouldnā€™t wear a ā‚¬500 designer dress from Brown Thomas to a role like that, thereā€™s only so much PPE can cover. Do you want to waste caking yourself in Saturday night level full makeup to sit in your clinic all day seeing the likes of Mary and Johnny age 75 with their medical cards and bowel problems? And I would take my G.P. a little less seriously if I walked in on them taking a selfie at their desk, I must say. I just think itā€™s a bit much and feel a lot of how she presents herself is just for the sake of her Instagram grid.

Reactions: 13
Think youā€™re missing the point here- I didnā€™t read it as questioning Dr Doireannā€™s professionalism as a GP. Thatā€™s not in question. She has to be commended for all the great work she is doing and medical advice she is giving on her social platform.

Itā€™s how contrived a lot of her posts are. Sheā€™s beautiful and talented no doubt but why filter every photo and why adorn the photos with designer pieces that are so obviously staged. I think sheā€™s sending out the wrong message. I wish she was just herself and didnā€™t feel the need to stage every photo.

Reactions: 10
Chiming in here, I think DOL is actually very insecure? The wig, the massive sunglasses, tent dresses and that she describes herself as a surgeon's wife.

She's a successful doctor in her own right, that's a big achievement but she seems so unhappy in herself (even before the cervical cancer last year).

Reactions: 21
Think youā€™re missing the point here- I didnā€™t read it as questioning Dr Doireannā€™s professionalism as a GP. Thatā€™s not in question. She has to be commended for all the great work she is doing and medical advice she is giving on her social platform.

Itā€™s how contrived a lot of her posts are. Sheā€™s beautiful and talented no doubt but why filter every photo and why adorn the photos with designer pieces that are so obviously staged. I think sheā€™s sending out the wrong message. I wish she was just herself and didnā€™t feel the need to stage every photo.
Well said. Like she comes across as nice and friendly when she speaks in videos, Iā€™d like to see her come on someday with her hair fired up into a hun bun with a hoodie and a pair of leggings on and just be more ā€˜normalā€™ and loosen up a bit. Unless sheā€™s trying to keep her page super professional - but I feel thereā€™s a normal Doireann behind the Dr. Doireann, and thatā€™s what people want to see. Not perfectly curated outfits and pictures with the tit filtered out of them. I think people would find her a lot more relatable if they saw the unprofessional side to her too as all we see really is her in doctor mode and done up to full glam at all times - surely she kicks back sometimes?!

Reactions: 6
I never followed Dr Doireann, but saw the "surgeon's wife" in the bio - Christ girl, you're a GP, and you're describing yourself based on your husband's occupation? Where's the feminism šŸ„“

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Why would you think John is gay? Nothing comes across to suggest that
Iā€™ve actually heard that rumour several times over the years from friends that worked in hotels in Clare.

Iā€™ve actually heard that rumour several times over the years from friends that worked in hotels in Clare.
Also the person who posted it didnā€™t say they ā€œthinkā€ heā€™s gay they said they have connections to Doolin and that itā€™s known around the area.

Reactions: 3
Chiming in here, I think DOL is actually very insecure? The wig, the massive sunglasses, tent dresses and that she describes herself as a surgeon's wife.

She's a successful doctor in her own right, that's a big achievement but she seems so unhappy in herself (even before the cervical cancer last year).
The wig??? Does she wear one? I know she gets extensions but didn't think she wore a wig....

Reactions: 2
Why would you think John is gay? Nothing comes across to suggest that
It's well known in the area. The fact that his wife walked in on him entertaining another man last winter is well known locally too - their holiday after Christmas seemed very much like a "make or break" thing, and after the first few days of (presumably) crisis talks he finally appeared on her Insta again - I remember being surprised at a mention of "date night" because up to that point there had been no mention of him; it looked like she was away with her Mum and the two kids.
I'm not convinced she knew about his past (or his apparent bisexuality) when she married him.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Is thread is going really off topic, with regards to Dr Doireann.

Reactions: 4
It's well known in the area. The fact that his wife walked in on him entertaining another man last winter is well known locally too - their holiday after Christmas seemed very much like a "make or break" thing, and after the first few days of (presumably) crisis talks he finally appeared on her Insta again - I remember being surprised at a mention of "date night" because up to that point there had been no mention of him; it looked like she was away with her Mum and the two kids.
I'm not convinced she knew about his past (or his apparent bisexuality) when she married him.
Oh my god if thatā€™s true thatā€™s crazy!!!

Reactions: 2
Really not sure I believe that at all. Sure don't they always go away after Christmas? Have a feeling that is a rumor started by someone local who is a bit jealous by the sounds of it. Are you a local yourself?

Reactions: 3
Really not sure I believe that at all. Sure don't they always go away after Christmas? Have a feeling that is a rumor started by someone local who is a bit jealous by the sounds of it. Are you a local yourself?
I'm not and I have heard it alot. But then again I heard Ali Ryan went out with her first cousin in secret. So who knows what to believe hahaha

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.