Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

josephsgal

New thread suggestion

The Garrihy Sisters: Think they're from the West, and that as mother's they're the best, but really they are a nauseating, annoying snooze-fest

• Haha
Reactions: 25

treatyo'self

Does anyone else find it weird that a randomer who follows Doireann would go down to the marina where the boat is to give her treats and a card?

• Haha
Reactions: 24

BallsBurst

Anyone else think that Doireann is really insecure? Any time I hear her on the radio discussing mind numbing stuff I just find that when she's uncomfortable with a topic or a word even she does that stupid accent to try make it light hearted or something? I dunno how to discribe it but she drives me insane in the car with the annoying accents. I must admit I found her very funny to begin with but she's expired now

Reactions: 23
Yeah I know what you mean, the calmness of her is hard to take and I found the pictures of her in labour just sitting in a chair breathing and looking beautiful and in control of her life just really annoying 🤣🤣 it has to be an act. Two kids under two? It would be so hard like, but apparently it’s not.
Well.... she is a actor.. 😆

Aoibhínn is stunning. She has gone on a bit of a sell-fest on insta lately which is a bit annoying.

Ailbhe seem to be a dote and the solid one in the family who isn’t seeking any attention.

Doireann is definitely insecure, but fair play to her for achieving what she has.

The mam and dad are gas altogether. Overall I think they are a lovely family. They seem to have a great work ethic and enjoy life!

Carlyq92

he was in the TikTok GOAT house for a day, a place were “famous”...”content creators”... “create”.... 😳
then people on Twitter were calling him a pweirdo because the people in the house are younger than him, so he left the house. It’s more of a twitter story if you look up his name it’s all there.
The stuff going on on Twitter the other day was insane in fairness. So much derogatory stuff about the guys being predatory etc. because they're older. Really unfair. I died at one tweet though which said 'Surely at his age Marty Guilfoyle is in the goat house as Bean an Tí' 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

Scrk1994

Sure no wonder if Dzoireann is insecure, two blonde legs eleven sisters to live up too.

I think Dzoireann was probably the soundest of the bunch, until she let it go to her head.

She was on Dara Quiltys podcast, and spoke about how people thought she got in easy into radio - she explained that she did courses etc, but she's Ian Dempsey's goddaughter - of course that meant something! She went from doing impressions on Snapchat to hosting a 2fm radio show in the space of 2 years like?

Reactions: 22

Rosielite

Chatty Member
Chiming in here, I think DOL is actually very insecure? The wig, the massive sunglasses, tent dresses and that she describes herself as a surgeon's wife.

She's a successful doctor in her own right, that's a big achievement but she seems so unhappy in herself (even before the cervical cancer last year).

Reactions: 21

not_influenced

VIP Member
The dog question -I agree, silly for someone to ask! But people will ask/comment on anything. Her audience also ranges from 13 year old upwards! Its the smart arse answer, firstly don't respond...delete and ignore it. Secondly don't screen grab and post your bloody answer! I did like Doireann in her original days, posting her videos from her bedroom or when she worked in spin and posting the videos from the bathroom. Now she just comes across as passive aggressive and too big for her boots.

Reactions: 20

Mona86

VIP Member
Ailbhe is setting up a covid mom group by the sounds of it it seems 🙄😳... why do they have to make everything about being a mom. You’re still Ailbhe. Apparently the way she used do ‘Wedding Wednesday’ people asked her to do ‘Mom Mondays’ - I fucking highly doubt that

• Haha
  • Sick

Ciaragh

He had something similar up a few weeks ago and I messaged him about the issue with Influencers and them breaking the rules and why nobody believes a word they say anymore, and of course it was never even acknowledged
It’s the absolute, sheer arrogance that gets me. How on earth do these nobodies who make a living from posting crap on the internet come to have such an inflated opinion of themselves?

To the point where they actually believe they’re qualified to address the nation during one of the biggest global health crises of the modern era? I mean, it would almost be funny if wasn’t so tragic.

I’m sure I’m speaking for a lot of people when I say I don’t want hear important health information from fricking Doireann Garrihy or bloody Bressie -back in your box you absolute morons and stop using a pandemic for your shameless self-promotion!

Last edited:
  • Heart

josephsgal

New thread suggestion:

The Garrihys: I'm a Garrihy, don't you know who we are!? Now gimme free furniture, hotel stays and a car!

• Haha

Sickoftheswipeups

Felt like commenting telling her to stay home. Does she really need to come to her parents holiday home ffs during this time. Not like she hasn't been away🙄
I don’t get this. Our government and Failte Ireland are telling us to ‘Make a Break for It’ and holiday in Ireland. Radio and tv ads are flogging Ireland’s ancient east, hidden heartlands and the wild Atlantic way, so you’re saying, in spite of our government encouraging us to travel within Ireland and incentivising us through upcoming tax breaks, she should stay at home? This attitude really irks me.

Ciaragh

The absolute state of that Pippa impression, Doireann is an embarrassment at this stage. Having to haul out pathetic impersonations that weren’t even funny four years ago. Making sly, bitchy digs at Pippa in order to stay remotely relevant -what happened to “Women supporting women” and #BeKind, Doireann?

And then mentioning Pippa’s children while trying to rip the piss out of their mother? Everybody knows children are off-limits for cheap gags. Not even the most famous celebs in the world have to put up with their children being slagged, only the lowest of the low resort to that kind of crap. Imagine if the little boys heard that on the radio? Shame on you Doireann Garrihy and 2FM!!

Olive85

They are like the modern day Seoige Sisters. Cailins from the wesht who think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.
They're not even from the west, I get embarrassed for doireann when she goes on like she's from Clare. You're a Dub, feck off 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
It must be so disheartening for anyone trying to get their foot in the door of media to then hear Roz Purcell filling in for Doireann this week on 2fm (same when Greg was filling in for Eoghan). Roz is a nice enough girl but no radio experience apart from the last time she filled in and no harm to her she doesn’t have the best voice for radio. That’s not something she can help but there must be any number of women who do looking for a break on 2fm who’ve been doing work experience for years

Reactions: 18
I know it sounds silly but it really annoys me them going out and buying puppies too. Thousands of beautiful dogs in the pound and I’m pretty sure Doireann did spon with the dspca at one stage

Ciaragh

She presents the morning show on 2fm... it’s not that surprising that she’s well paid. I do think she can be a bit annoying at times but to get a prime time slot in RTÉ in her early 30s is a fair achievement really.

I personally preferred Eoghan McDermott’s drive time show. He’s a clever guy. I think he’s better on his own with more current affairs included rather than the light, chatty content.
She presents the morning show on 2fm... it’s not that surprising that she’s well paid. I do think she can be a bit annoying at times but to get a prime time slot in RTÉ in her early 30s is a fair achievement really.

I personally preferred Eoghan McDermott’s drive time show. He’s a clever guy. I think he’s better on his own with more current affairs included rather than the light, chatty content.
I think Eoghan can’t stand her and he makes that pretty clear. They’re not a compatible pairing at all and the interaction between them is painful to listen to. Which is why I don’t.