The Garrihy Sisters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm filled with second hand embarrassment for her again 🙈 and sending cupcakes to her family because the podcast is back. It's like she's congratulating herself on their behalf or something
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was a bit wtf at the cupcakes and the giant cake she ordered herself. Never seen anything like it before. She didn't even seem to know what flavour the cake was. Who orders a cake and doesn't specify the flavour 🤯 Nothing for poor Aoibhín at the other side of the country though.

Far be it from me to stand up for them - I can't hack them and all they stand for - but both of the parents grew up in Clare and they've had a home in the Doolin area for as long as I can remember - it seems the girls did spend a lot of time here as children.
They're still a pain in the arse though.
Fair enough but that still doesn't excuse the awful country accents they put on the second they mention anything about the wesht. I still maintain there's a big difference between living somewhere every day, being part of the local community, etc and visiting at weekends and the holidays. But I see your point.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was a bit wtf at the cupcakes and the giant cake she ordered herself. Never seen anything like it before. She didn't even seem to know what flavour the cake was. Who orders a cake and doesn't specify the flavour 🤯 Nothing for poor Aoibhín at the other side of the country though.
Yeah all that and it's just a boring biscuit cake?? The disappointment would be unreal... Presume they only deliver to Dublin, not Clare but no alternative for aoibinn? Her poor kids would have loved a little bun.

Also - I wonder does the baker do anything more elaborate? I didn't see any actual patisserie there???

Reactions: 5
Yeah all that and it's just a boring biscuit cake?? The disappointment would be unreal... Presume they only deliver to Dublin, not Clare but no alternative for aoibinn? Her poor kids would have loved a little bun.

Also - I wonder does the baker do anything more elaborate? I didn't see any actual patisserie there???
Don’t worry Aoibhin got a delivery too - couldn’t leave out one of the Spice Girls.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Fair enough but that still doesn't excuse the awful country accents they put on the second they mention anything about the wesht. I still maintain there's a big difference between living somewhere every day, being part of the local community, etc and visiting at weekends and the holidays. But I see your point.
Oh god the accents!
I agree with you, there's certainly an element of having your cake and eating it too.
Also, on the subject of Doreen's cake being all style and no substance, does that remind us of anyone? 😇

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Oh but sure didn't they spend all their childhood summers on Inis Oírr which isn't even part of feckin' Clare! 🙄 As someone from the west I can't stand people like the Garrihys claiming ownership of somewhere they spend 4 weeks of the year. Get a grip.
Same. From west also and this boils my blood 🙄

Reactions: 2
Has anyone listened to the podcast? I found a few of the episodes good to be fair but I don't like that she gives all of her guests the questions before time and makes them come up with a scripted answer. It reminds me of the leaving, rote learning your answers. She's doesn't have the skill have a natural, meandering interview with people, its all very rehearsed.

Once
Has anyone listened to the podcast? I found a few of the episodes good to be fair but I don't like that she gives all of her guests the questions before time and makes them come up with a scripted answer. It reminds me of the leaving, rote learning your answers. She's doesn't have the skill have a natural, meandering interview with people, its all very rehearsed.
I listened to two and the same questions were asked.

Once

I listened to two and the same questions were asked.
Yeah she asks everyone the same questions and makes them write their answers down beforehand. I remember a few guests saying "oh let me see what I wrote for that" when asked a particular question. I get the impression Doireann can't cope with going off script.

Reactions: 4
Why does she put Zs in words it's so stupid and annoying and nor remotely funny.

She's never going to shut up about interviewing Paul Mescal now. I feel bad for him doing the podcast he seems far too intellectual for her.

Reactions: 13
Why does she put Zs in words it's so stupid and annoying and nor remotely funny.

She's never going to shut up about interviewing Paul Mescal now. I feel bad for him doing the podcast he seems far too intellectual for her.
Omg she put on stories "waiting for @paulmescal to win his emmy so I can record the intro to my podcast!"

.... And then he didn't win. 💀 💀 💀

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The west association is nonsense! Both my parents are from Kerry, but we were all born and reared in cork city. And we spend summers in Kerry of course but I don’t pretend I’m ‘from’ Kerry In any secondary form that they seem to do with Clare!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I used to like the podcast it’s gone too repetitive now with everyone answering the same questions, they are well prepped and it’s lost it’s edge.

Reactions: 3
All we need now is the three of them being paid by the HSE to "influence" us all on Covid.

• Sick
Any ‘influencer’ who accepts payment for informing their followers about Covid needs to have their head checked.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Aoibhin might do a mediation for the SP HSE ad :
‘ as you turn on the tap Let the water remind you of the flowing river of life. Take your right hand, gently place it under the tap, not too fast, breathe in as if your on Spanish point on a sunny day. Repeat with the left hand, if you are breastfeeding seven babies all at once when trying to wash your hands, I encourage you to by the BEO BABY SLING for just €4000 to take that weight off your hands, your back and your soul. Use the soap, crafted on the hills of moher and lather your hands up as you wash away the worries of the west. ‘

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Any ‘influencer’ who accepts payment for informing their followers about Covid needs to have their head checked.
I wouldn't be surprised, given they were making money off Covid by advertising Dove soap. Tastleless.

‘ as you turn on the tap Let the water remind you of the flowing river of life. Take your right hand, gently place it under the tap, not too fast, breathe in as if your on Spanish point on a sunny day. Repeat with the left hand, if you are breastfeeding seven babies all at once when trying to wash your hands, I encourage you to by the BEO BABY SLING for just €4000 to take that weight off your hands, your back and your soul. Use the soap, crafted on the hills of moher and lather your hands up as you wash away the worries of the west. ‘
And she will somehow make it about Lidl.

A bargain the €25 tickets for nee virtual beo baby event - how to be Mother Earth. God wish it had been available before I had my baby 🙄🙄🙄 baby elegance down as involved too. After giving all the free stuff to much in need famous for no particular reason other than the FC sister and the thinks she’s funny but not other dose sister.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.