Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
Clara, are you able to say what the great falling out after three years was all about?
Sure. One of my two friends, the one who was actually running her b&b, was horribly abused verbally by this homophobic volunteer. When he demanded the volunteer's immediate removal, Isabelle send my friends packing instead, because she needed the father of that volunteer to work some more on the electricity in the chapel. My friends had to pretend they were taking a planned holiday and were 'allowed' back in after the volunteer concerned left by herself. My friends started looking for their own place but stayed and helped SJ finish the season. SJ didn't want to talk about what happened at all, too busy with yet another volunteer she had set her eyes on. When one of my friends made a remark on her facebook page a year later, where SJ said something shallow about homophobia and my friend pointed out that it's not enough to condemn it but you should act on it as well, he got blocked from all social media and bullied by Nic and Potty, who accused my friend of cyberbullying. After those insults, they broke of contact but were still bullied.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 37

Raspberrybrulee

Aw c'mon - no-one has to send Stephanie their money - and she's said many times on her vlogs for people to please not support her if they're hard up or can't afford it.

I know Stephanie is spoilt and stays in bed half the day and doesn't like getting her hands dirty - and manages to charm everyone into doing the jobs she doesn't want to do but she's not this animal abusing extortionist that she's being painted as on here. And I still maintain that people give happily to her as they love the entertaining, regular content and the access to a fascinating way of life that most of us would never normally see. I just can't get worked up about it. She's been much luckier in life than most people in that she's been blessed with rich parents, beauty and a charismatic personality - and that's why we're all on here talking about her! Beautiful people generally have things so much easier than the rest of us. I remember reading a column by a writer called Taki in the Spectator years ago and he was talking about the jewellery of the wife of a rich friend and he said she deserved all the diamonds in the world for being so beautiful. Very unfair yes, but it's the way of the world.

And no I'm not Stephanie or Hanni or Brenda or Yvonne - I'm just someone who loves the humour on here and finds the whole mental La Lande set up massively entertaining and great escapism. But I also try to be very fair and see all points of view too.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
I would just like to thank BG for directing me to tattle life, never heard of it before ! You must be so pleased she ranted the other day 🤣🤣 I love it. BTW I saw the light as soon as the gift opening vlogs started, cancelled my £5 a month Patreon, now just observe & watch the shenanigans 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34

Hemerocallis

VIP Member
I think the expression “fur coat and no knickers” has been used before on here to describe SJ’s approach to chateau renovation. I guess “Venetian crown while the place burns down” is just a new angle on this? Lol
Well, we're only at the beginning of thread 8 but we should keep in mind “Venetian crown while the place burns down” as title for next thread.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

Lizg123

I think I know who they are as well.

I just found this page when I responded to DB's post that her link to this page was just stirring the pot - she removed me from the fb page and blocked me.
it is plain to see Brenda’s post has made things significantly worse for Stephanie. In the short time since Brenda brought awareness to this thread more gossip and skeletons have been dug up and revealed than all the previous threads put together.

I know we all feel differently towards Stephanie, I don’t think she can either just be good or just be evil. I am dismayed to hear some of these revelations. But I don’t think it is black and white. We all must appreciate the chateau fantasy lifestyle on some level or we would not have begun to watch.

that being said, the cracks in the fantasy are starting to become too big to ignore.

Stephanie or friends of, if you are reading. Cut ties with the fan groups on FB immediately. Do not let employees and family be members. It is muddying the waters and making things worse for yourself. Take ownership of your image and your brand.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Incognito Chatelaine

Nearly time to vote for a new thread title!

@Hemerocallis - “Venetian crown while the chateau burns down”
@Raspberrybrulee - "Better a Mickey Dodger than an Edmund Fokker"

E.& o.e.

Or variations thereof... ???

I think it is interesting that the two most liked posts of this thread have been @Clara Burnett sharing the sordid details of SJ's narcissism, and @Raspberrybrulee pointing out that SJ is no different from any other celebrity/hussler using her looks to get ahead.

This is proof for me that tattlers on here seem to be a well balanced and well rounded bunch in their appraisal of the Chateau Diaries... I do think, though, that the moral barometer changes depending upon a person's life experience. Those who have been badly burned, or who have witnessed those they love being plucked bald by someone like SJ, will have a different opinion to those who have not...

So, let's celebrate the fact that we can discuss such a contentious issue and all agree to differ at times without turning psycho/sycophant.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Viva La Loca

Chatty Member
I did but tells you to order it officially for like 11-14 pounds, which is not that crazy, but one has to wait till they send it to you by mail
it will be a month before it is delivered, not worth it when we already know who he is.

well, after not reading here since b4 xmas it has moved on a pace especially with the input of a friend of a friend clara. Interesting!!

my summary of events ..

The Dutch couple started at La La Lande around Nov 17th/18th 2014 and left around autumn 2017. Last post on IG Jan 2018 calling the lake area a swamp. They started the B&B during their time there. Well, Well, Well What a surprise!!! Not! And no surprise that little Hitler threw them out to get free electrical work done. They had done their job, they were of no more use. Like mother like daughter. They buy a one up one down house literally down the road from la la lande and got shafted by their French neighbour building the berlin wall on the boundary of their veg garden. Sounds like France has not been that good for them.
A fire at the chateau in 2017 from a professionally installed system. Sounds odd. Was probably done on the cheap.
At the end of the day her folly of a chateau is just a large dolls house to play with. She was never a serious chateau/home owner and never will be. It's just a party pad for herself and her friends to 'play' in and we all know what adults do when they 'play'. She has never wanted a career/job and she has never applied herself to running a chateau business. People who feel sorry for her or even supportive of her are brain dead. She would chew you up and spit you out quicker than the rats that have previously inhabited her building.

2nd June 2018 – SJ’s then boyfriend left la la lande permanently. Ludwig?
1610316237608.png

Tess Hoffman – @countessawess owns (or owned) Chateau de Rochfolle which is literally up the road from La La Lande and owns property in Venice.

Heathcliffe happily does the dirty on his wife and often :oops:. Personally after seeing SJ dance I doubt she is that exciting as a sexual conquest. She's a taker not a giver remember.

People seem to think BG needs protecting but I don’t think so. That woman will have form. The two people who posted her photo on here could easily access her back story but haven’t been forthcoming.

Ruth Kelly is 39 yrs old this year, 2021. She grew up in Bishops Hull, Taunton, Devon and her mother is also an author. She went to Wellington School, Somerset which is an independent school therefore you pay to go there.

SJ has been given pocket money by her friends in the past like some sort of child or brothel madam. Perhaps being paid for services rendered like most good time girls.

Isabelle has a house in Framlingham, Suffolk next door to Gerry Grady. Does she have a place in London as well or does she just use SJ’s flat?

There weren’t that many reviews on her workaway page in 2019 which I found odd as reviewing your host and vice versa is the thing to do for workaway.

She does plead poverty regardless of the luxury items she buys. The three co-owners could easily fund the renovations or simply sell up, cut their losses and move on. The fact that we are in a global pandemic says it all. She wouldn’t have the patreon amounts if people weren’t stuck at home in an emotional and physical vacuum. Also says something about their lives/minds if they need SJ and her tripe to bring them joy. She never stipulated do not send gifts but please feel free to donate to these charities.

And yes it is completely out of order that all those people crossed international borders to have xmas dinner at the chateau. But hey, them and all the rest of the entitled people are just doing whatever the fuck they want. Personally I think the authorities and certain peoples workplaces should be investigating especially when they have clearly shown themselves in a global vlog. My partner works for a well known high ranking global company and they were all told in no uncertain terms not to travel abroad. I know for sure that it would be instant dismissal if someone did this and to add insult to injury they were visible in a vacuous vlog.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
And.........
The short version: my friends came to 'babysit' her chateau for three months while mylady would be laying her behind on a poolbed in Southafrica, but ended up staying three years, helped her set up the B&B business that she was too lazy and inexperienced to tend to herself and in the end were pushed out after being threatened by homophobic volunteers, who Isabelle valued higher because of the free work they were supplying. It was all very hush hush and my friends were shocked by the disloyalty of what they thought to be their closest allies. They tried to talk to SJ about their grievances but were send off with the chateau's motto of 'being tolerant to intolerant people'. If you start asking questions or think your loyalty would account for something after such a long time of service to their whims, they lose interest. They want to be adored, not questioned, especially not on their lack of morality. If you're no longer of actual use to them, no matter the time and effort you've put in, they drop you like trash and look the other way, litteraly.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

stefanieeee

Can I just say that I am sooo tired of SJ being portrayed by her superfans as some helpless victim who needs the assistance of strangers and their money and their gifts to make it as life for her is so very terrible and struggles as a chat ow owner trying so desperately hard after 15 years to get her place in shape.
I enjoyed the blogs. I started out thinking it was fun to watch. But really after BG attack dog approach to Tattle and the rabid fans calling people Nazis, I am done, just done. This is a 45 year old woman who had made the choice to spend her adult life in France fulfilling her dream being a princess in a castle. She has chosen not to work. She has chosen not to do weddings or events that would pay for the upkeep and changes. She has chosen to remain there irregardless of the lack of monies. She has chosen not to get herself organized and make her dream fantasy a reality and look after the basics of the property and buildings.
I could say so much more in this rant, but what is the point? She will keep manipulating the public with her poor me story and charming them out of their money. It is horrible.
I am just sick of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Raspberrybrulee

She let the St Cecile missing head stained glass sit for SIX YEARS due to an unpaid bill of 2000€. Yet went on countless vacations while she could have been running the BnB or one of the renovations. So she most definitely gives the Poor Me routine very subtly.
Hmmm buggering off on holiday and leaving a Saint without a head and then shagging Edmond von Fokker. Stephanie, I keep trying to defend you here but Jesus Christ you don't make things easy for me :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

La Brocanteuse

I love @Raspberrybrulee thread suggestion but would also like to nominate her as man of the match for the funniest comment ever: “Hmmm buggering off on holiday and leaving a Saint without a head and then shagging Edmond von Fokker. Stephanie, I keep trying to defend you here but Jesus Christ you don't make things easy for me :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

NorrisCS

I used to know the answer to that one, but forgot. After him there was another boyfriend, Edmond Fokker van Crayestein, who had children from a previous marriages and was a real player, SJ found out because one of his other girlfriends contacted her. Apparently they were rather seriously involved, but her friends hated him, except the older ladies, Isabelle was very fond of him.
Dammit with such a common name we’ll never find anything on Edmond Fokker van Crayestein...

• Haha

Raspberrybrulee

So much has occurred on here in the last couple of days that it's near on impossible to keep up! Whilst Clara's information is very interesting, there are usually two sides to a story and those two Dutchmen could have been the caretakers from hell for all we know!

Brenda scored a massive own goal for La Lande by directing her 6000 devotees to this page. They are obviously busy working their way through the seven previous threads as I am now getting tons more notifications to say people have liked things I've posted from ages ago.

Agree Yvonne does look really nice and for her sake I'm hoping she has no skeletons in her closet and doesn't have a side hustle selling knock off Rolexes across Stourbridge, Dudley and Wolverhampton otherwise she can expect to be well and truly busted by our crack team of agents :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart