The Chateau Diaries #8 Nous sommes tous VALERIE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Would Workaway remove a host they had for many years on the basis of one video by Tomaz, or do you think there may have been more complaints made recently? We shall never know...

His recent blog "My old pain" would indicate the contrary.
🚨
Agent 007 - you surpassed yourself đź‘Ź
🚨Thoughtfully and accurately surmised 🚨

Reactions: 8
I would have thought SJ and Workaway parting ways was a necessity for both. Can you imagine the flood of fans/people trying to register to volunteer at La La Land? Plus all the people/fans wanting to be B&B guests? And both groups thinking they are going to party like in videos and all of them pile in car to go to Brocante whilst Marie cooks and cleans. Noone minds washing dishes as this is when dancing and singing happens.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I took a shallow dive into the Dutch giants instagrams and SJ was liking their posts right up until they bought their house. They have photos of when they arrived at Lalande, the garden - which was messy and about as productive as it is now (public post wise), the young white peacock, a young Ruby who may have been named Ziggy and had a brother Stardust. They seem like a couple of peaceful sweet men and the content they post reminds me of Selmar and honestly, myself. My whole feed is pets and gardens and I will stop everything to film an urban raccoon eating catfood. Anyway. It made me sad. Not because they'd been Had, necessarily. I mean they bought a great house nearby because they'd been living at Lalande for a few years I'm assuming rent free. They know other chateau owners and they also traveled a lot outside of France during the time they lived there. Life didn't look like it sucked. I'm sad because they are neighbors in the middle of nowhere and they were friends once. Like, just apologize to your neighbors Stephanie. Don't dust it away because your mother settled a conflict in a way that benefited both of you, but ruined a friendship with people who are YOUR LITERAL NEIGHBORS NOW. Please don't narcsplain me. I am trying to consider all of the dangerous liaisons here. That place is full of booze and men and they aren't all victims of Glenn Close.

eta... The Dutch giants got a puppy after their dog, Fos' passed away. He was a magnificent dog. Selmar's going to go through something similar very soon. I wonder if he'll stay at Lalande. (My daughter hates it when I say things like that out loud, so for anyone as sensitive as she is, sorry sorry sorry.)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Clara's come to spill the beans and aren't we all lapping them right up! Haha

I'm pretty curious about SJ's last known bf... a younger guy in his 20s that she broke up with maybe a couple of years ago? He's been referred to a couple of times, including by Ruth!
That would be the Norwegian guy Ludwig, another workawayer that "stuck around" longer than expected. Lots of weird stories there too.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
So much has occurred on here in the last couple of days that it's near on impossible to keep up! Whilst Clara's information is very interesting, there are usually two sides to a story and those two Dutchmen could have been the caretakers from hell for all we know!

Brenda scored a massive own goal for La Lande by directing her 6000 devotees to this page. They are obviously busy working their way through the seven previous threads as I am now getting tons more notifications to say people have liked things I've posted from ages ago.

Agree Yvonne does look really nice and for her sake I'm hoping she has no skeletons in her closet and doesn't have a side hustle selling knock off Rolexes across Stourbridge, Dudley and Wolverhampton otherwise she can expect to be well and truly busted by our crack team of agents :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Was this Jamie .... one of volunteers ? I recall she instagrammed herself after the break up reclining on a day bed. I think he features in one her earlier vlogs (perhaps where she is in the kitchen talking about life at Lalande) there is a short clip of him , tall, dark, bearded dancing in the area cuisine to the back of the kitchen ....
Nope, Ludwig. He was nicknamed Nordic Weirdo, my friends told me, much to SJ's chagrin.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
So much has occurred on here in the last couple of days that it's near on impossible to keep up! Whilst Clara's information is very interesting, there are usually two sides to a story and those two Dutchmen could have been the caretakers from hell for all we know!

Brenda scored a massive own goal for La Lande by directing her 6000 devotees to this page. They are obviously busy working their way through the seven previous threads as I am now getting tons more notifications to say people have liked things I've posted from ages ago.

Agree Yvonne does look really nice and for her sake I'm hoping she has no skeletons in her closet and doesn't have a side hustle selling knock off Rolexes across Stourbridge, Dudley and Wolverhampton otherwise she can expect to be well and truly busted by our crack team of agents :ROFLMAO:
Everything that Clara has shared has pretty much fit in my opinion. It’s like standing in front of a painting (or IG post) and thinking something is just a little off and then the curator swings by to point out a nuance and it all comes together. The clues have always been there.

Everything that Clara has shared has pretty much fit in my opinion. It’s like standing in front of a painting (or IG post) and thinking something is just a little off and then the curator swings by to point out a nuance and it all comes together. The clues have always been there. And still think many Lalanders are amongst us wee little Tattlers!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I indeed read about Tattle in Brenda's group and thought it would be a better crowd to hang out with.
@Clara Burnett I'm not too well versed in the way Tattle works but wouldn't it say "new member" next to your name if that were the case? I don't wish to sound suspicious as I have found your revelations and insider knowledge fascinating, but I always like to get the full picture.

Reactions: 13
Yes reading all this for the first time today.....and totally NOT surprised. I have felt all along that something was just not right about the whole Lalande saga. So many other chateau owners have made it their priority to get their properties renovated and brought to current standards for heating, plumbing , safety etc. especially if you are going to operate as a business for paying guests. I wish all the Lalande cultists knew this backstory and have their eyes opened to how they are being sucked dry by this manipulative piece of work. Every time a vlog goes up as a premiere they are there with donations as well as the ongoing patreon payments that are now up to approx. $24k per month. Thank you all for your insight and exposure of the facts.
This is driving me to speak up, even though my friends aren't, or not as much. It's so sad they are cheating innocent people out of money they don't deserve. I mean, the vlogs in a way are well made and she should get paid for the filming and editing, it's entertainment. But the lies and misrepresentations are just horrible. But fans won't hear, they don't want their bubble to burst.

@Clara Burnett I'm not too well versed in the way Tattle works but wouldn't it say "new member" next to your name if that were the case? I don't wish to sound suspicious as I have found your revelations and insider knowledge fascinating, but I always like to get the full picture.
I became a member the day before yesterday and have only posted here. Maybe the status is linked to the amount of messages? I don't blame you for being suspicious. Lots of bullying and spying going around.

You are very right, there's always two sides to every story. The one side I know about is the one that got really hurt, so I agree it might be tainted by something other than sincere storytelling. However, I do know my friends and have seen with my own eyes what they done for the place and for SJ and I tell you, they were not from any kind of hell.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I became a member the day before yesterday and have only posted here. Maybe the status is linked to the amount of messages? I don't blame you for being suspicious. Lots of bullying and spying going around.
[/QUOTE]

@Clara Burnett thanks for clarifying - I did wonder if the number of messages you've posted may have quickly escalated you from new member to member.

Reactions: 7
I indeed read about Tattle in Brenda's group and thought it would be a better crowd to hang out with.
As a fairly new member myself, I can say this is indeed a fine crowd to hang out with. :) But I have to ask, especially given the negative experience of your friends with Lalande, why would you be following Brenda's group at all?

Reactions: 11
eta... The Dutch giants got a puppy after their dog, Fos' passed away. He was a magnificent dog. Selmar's going to go through something similar very soon. I wonder if he'll stay at Lalande. (My daughter hates it when I say things like that out loud, so for anyone as sensitive as she is, sorry sorry sorry.)
SJ hated their dog because he would jump on her precious clothes with muddy paws. He once ate her 200 euros worth of foie grass, that might not have helped their relationship :cool: Fos was the sweetest, gentlest golden retriever i have ever seen.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
This is driving me to speak up, even though my friends aren't, or not as much. It's so sad they are cheating innocent people out of money they don't deserve. I mean, the vlogs in a way are well made and she should get paid for the filming and editing, it's entertainment. But the lies and misrepresentations are just horrible.
Are they though? I don't think anyone is getting cheated at this point. I pay for a lot of stupid channels and end up watching the Office. The luddites are still watching for free with ads, and the patrons are people like me who want outtakes and animal content without amazon boxes.

SJ hated their dog because he would jump on her precious clothes with muddy paws. He once ate her 200 euros worth of foie grass, that might not have helped their relationship :cool: Fos was the sweetest, gentlest golden retriever i have ever seen.
Yeah, she's not an animal person. You kind of have to raise kids with pets, and it doesn't seem like that was a thing with their family. I wouldn't begrudge someone hating my dog jumping on them. He knows better, and is also a brie and sandwich thief.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
@Clara Burnett What do your friends mean when they say "but my past involvement with everything related to the intrigues of this chateau, reaching far beyond the moral boundaries I so shamefully ignored" in their post? Sounds like the moral boundaries being breached go beyond the inbreeding of sheep.
I think the “friends” might be hiding behind a fake name to spread some false information. Why would Clara Burnett know so much detailed information if it’s just what she heard from some friends. I hate to shoot the messenger but tell the “friends to come on here and say it themselves.
[/QUOTE]
My friends feel very much taken advantage off and it took them a long time to get over the pain it caused, also trying to figure out their own part in the ordeal, their moral boundaries they did not guard. They tried to leave the door open for friends they made in their chateau time, but most of those chose to stick with the chateau and the party life style. That doesn't help the speaking up. They feel there won't be many people who would believe them if they do speak up, especially now that SJ has become rich and (in)famous. It would all be set apart as jealousy, which they really are not.
My friends don't know I am doing this and might not appreciate my efforts. But I can't bare to see SJ fooling so many people and know there will be others who will get hurt.

It’s all a bit weird. If that happened to my friends years ago then I don’t think I would be following chat o. / sj or Brenda. To then spot a link for tattle to then post on here identifying said friend. Equally surely said friends live a happy life and giving sj no second thoughts by now.
I tried in different places before, but comments are usually taken down if not positive.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My friends feel very much taken advantage off and it took them a long time to get over the pain it caused, also trying to figure out their own part in the ordeal, their moral boundaries they did not guard. They tried to leave the door open for friends they made in their chateau time, but most of those chose to stick with the chateau and the party life style. That doesn't help the speaking up. They feel there won't be many people who would believe them if they do speak up, especially now that SJ has become rich and (in)famous. It would all be set apart as jealousy, which they really are not.
My friends don't know I am doing this and might not appreciate my efforts. But I can't bare to see SJ fooling so many people and know there will be others who will get hurt.

I tried in different places before, but comments are usually taken down if not positive.
How were they taken advantage of? Did they end up financially contributing in addition to volunteering and how much are we talking about? When you say "moral boundaries" my mind goes straight to one of these guys sleeping with another man and Lalande being like their hedonist joint bad memory. This is what happens when you give hints to fanfic thinkers. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
How were they taken advantage of? Did they end up financially contributing in addition to volunteering and how much are we talking about? When you say "moral boundaries" my mind goes straight to one of these guys sleeping with another man and Lalande being like their hedonist joint bad memory. This is what happens when you give hints to fanfic thinkers. :ROFLMAO:
None of that, they are very loyal to each other. They cared excessively about the place and put their heart and soul into it, feeling grateful they were allowed to live there. SJ's lack of responsibility for the place made it tougher for them, because they would take over and feel responsible, which they clearly weren't. It was all based on friendship , but when the friendship proved to be one sided, that shifted the balance. Why would anyone work 18 hours a day for someone who isn't even a friend. As for financial contributions: yes, they paid for stuff, but only because they loved the place. In the second year of their stay they asked for a part of the B&B profits and SJ agreed, so it wasn't about money in any way. Her manipulation, by constantly playing the clumsy damsel in distress, charmingly forcing others to step in and do the real work for her, has been subject of many of our conversations then.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Thank you Mojo, here is the proof that this was the Workaway number for CDLL (scroll down):

Who is the "couple" she is referring to? It is crazy how from help in the garden and painting one becomes inhouse slave working for free in B&B as a cleaning lady and cook
I took a shallow dive into the Dutch giants instagrams and SJ was liking their posts right up until they bought their house. They have photos of when they arrived at Lalande, the garden - which was messy and about as productive as it is now (public post wise), the young white peacock, a young Ruby who may have been named Ziggy and had a brother Stardust. They seem like a couple of peaceful sweet men and the content they post reminds me of Selmar and honestly, myself. My whole feed is pets and gardens and I will stop everything to film an urban raccoon eating catfood. Anyway. It made me sad. Not because they'd been Had, necessarily. I mean they bought a great house nearby because they'd been living at Lalande for a few years I'm assuming rent free. They know other chateau owners and they also traveled a lot outside of France during the time they lived there. Life didn't look like it sucked. I'm sad because they are neighbors in the middle of nowhere and they were friends once. Like, just apologize to your neighbors Stephanie. Don't dust it away because your mother settled a conflict in a way that benefited both of you, but ruined a friendship with people who are YOUR LITERAL NEIGHBORS NOW. Please don't narcsplain me. I am trying to consider all of the dangerous liaisons here. That place is full of booze and men and they aren't all victims of Glenn Close.

You dont want explanations but i offer one, u mean well but once burned by narcs one better stay away from them for good, well meaning people often serve as "flying monkeys" deployed by narc to hoower them back in without the monkeys realising that they are aiding possibile further abuse,
It all just fits the profile, even if one shall take the info with caution, it could have easily happen and wouldn't surprise me a bit

Btw one doest have to grow up with animals to be kind to them, one has to have an empathy...

None of that, they are very loyal to each other. They cared excessively about the place and put their heart and soul into it, feeling grateful they were allowed to live there. SJ's lack of responsibility for the place made it tougher for them, because they would take over and feel responsible, which they clearly weren't. It was all based on friendship , but when the friendship proved to be one sided, that shifted the balance. Why would anyone work 18 hours a day for someone who isn't even a friend. As for financial contributions: yes, they paid for stuff, but only because they loved the place. In the second year of their stay they asked for a part of the B&B profits and SJ agreed, so it wasn't about money in any way. Her manipulation, by constantly playing the clumsy damsel in distress, charmingly forcing others to step in and do the real work for her, has been subject of many of our conversations then.
yeah. That describes a few bosses I've had, and I have worked for several local companies run by kids who financed the whole venture with their parent's money. People who own something precious aren't great at dealing with people who take emotional ownership of what they perceive to be their genius and their struggle, especially when they know they are letting it all go to tit. How territorial was Isabelle during all of that?

Btw one doest have to grow up with animals to be kind to them, one has to have an empathy...
I have a wonderful friend who could not care less about my menagerie. She pets my dog (formerly dogs plural) with her index finger and immediately washes her hands. She's never had a pet, but she is great with kids. Oldest of four and not allowed pets growing up. It's a spectrum. I don't see SJ not being kind to animals, but I do see her mother not loving that Diesel is eating a treat on the carpet indoors.

Last edited:
  • Haha
How territorial was Isabelle during all of that?
She ran the whole show, literally, when there I've seen my friend drop everything he was doing, just to help Isabelle with something when she asked, and she asked a lot. After asking him why, he responded it was easier to instantly give in to her whims, because the other option was to be subjected to her complaints all day.

As a fairly new member myself, I can say this is indeed a fine crowd to hang out with. :) But I have to ask, especially given the negative experience of your friends with Lalande, why would you be following Brenda's group at all?
Ever heard of keeping ones enemies closer? :) But seriously, even after my friends ordeal I can't help being fascinated by the whole adoration of this lifestyle I myself find abject and disgusting.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.