The Chateau Diaries #8 Nous sommes tous VALERIE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would love to be a fly on the wall if Ivo was having a chat with Selmar... although I don't think Selmar would listen, he is still under her spell. šŸ˜”
They broke off all contact and swore to never to go there again, so I don't think they have met since they were long gone when Selmar arrived.

Reactions: 11
Was watching Michael's vlog where the Christmas spode plate broke and I was laughing to myself thinking brenda and the really crazy ones will be going frantic looking for one for him. He even went to mention for subscribers to send him a link. I think he knows and everyone knows that someone like brenda will search heaven and earth to get him one. Imagine how beloved brenda thinks she would be if she sent him the plate.
She is 100% searching around for one.
I've seen her on many other vlogs mentioned cause of gifts to Michael. So definitely hunting for the plate.

The vlog where Michael is fitting in the sink and Ryan is there. Michael starts saying how everyone has a vlog now even the dogs will have a vlog soon. Its true.
Apart from the mains ones Michael and Billy and gwen and Ryan. All the extra people all the family are making vlogs just to latch onto Michael's success.

I do like how his cottage looks with the aga looks lovely and cosy.
Thatā€™s how it works. Michael latched onto sj sicess then billy Ryan dan the gardener flower girl etc followed. This year will see ma trotter do one. And Percy and Isabelle probably too.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She and Isabelle, vampires of the worst kind. Feeding on the desperation of the old, the naivety of the young and the ennui of those in between. Charming and seductive, but always wanting more - more admiration, more power, more life.
You only get away if they want you to and then you bare the scars. If you are useful or amusing, a tug on the silken thread and you are back....
Poor Selmar.....she will be done when she breaks him....
Honestly the more I read and see of her and Mummy the more repulsed I am. While sometime back she just irritated me with the nonsense, greed and ridiculous laugh, now I just think she is a toxic bully. But clever and sly with it. On one of the advent vlogs poor gentle Selmar is talking about his neck (after she asked him how he was) he said it was bad / cold weather / the camper van... she could not have cared less about him. She gave him a scrap of air time to ā€œshow her concernā€ but she didnā€™t give a tit. I think she disgusting. And those idiot idiot fans following her and adoring her and believing her... we know this happens. Crazed cult devotees, deluded, malleable people who are just taken in by the leader. Even when they are abused they continue to believe. The rabid crazed responses when they feel their idol is being attacked. The blind defence.... oh God itā€™s making me shudder. Weā€™ve all seen documentaries and listened to podcasts on cults... whatā€™s going on with SJ and the followers is the same. Poor deluded people, I do feel sorry for them, especially (as discussed before) the vulnerable and the lonely ones. Not good. šŸ˜

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Stephanie has managed to retain her veneer of attractiveness until now and I think her mother is definitely her anchor even though SJ does what SJ wants anyway. What will Stephanie do when she no longer has her mother to put the brakes on, even occasionally. At some point, even if she is attractive in her 50s, will she be able to keep using her younger "friends/volunteers" to do the graft for her or will she end up being used by those who think she has money? I suspect she will sell the chateau within the next five years as it will become more and more of a real burden. The crappy renos won't keep the place from crumbling and it will cost more and more to maintain. Maybe that is why she is trying to maximize the revenue from YT and Patreon. Will her patrons continue to finance the folly year after year?
Makes me think of Chateau Life where, instead of fixing the walls, they are spending their time vacuuming and shampooing the fabric the previous owners put up to hide the decaying and falling plaster. It's going to take a lot of "coffees" to fix that. Dick and Angel were very fortunate to have Channel 4 (I think it was) to subsidize the restorations. That, and the fact that Dick is pretty handy. Like Fiona. Now, that's a woman!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Can't imagine waiting on four months for a hand written note. Mind you having said that, before she had everyone else write them for her. Mummy, Gerry, and Antoine. I feel so sorry for Selmar, I hope he is able to see the light of day soon and get out of dodge. That would be an interesting scene to watch, if Michael came for a visit and Sir Snorts Alot was still there!!! Must admit I really enjoyed Michael's vlog last night. I can imagine Brenda phoning the Spode Headquarters right now! LOL!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Clara, are you able to say what the great falling out after three years was all about?

Reactions: 6
Honestly the more I read and see of her and Mummy the more repulsed I am. While sometime back she just irritated me with the nonsense, greed and ridiculous laugh, now I just think she is a toxic bully. But clever and sly with it. On one of the advent vlogs poor gentle Selmar is talking about his neck (after she asked him how he was) he said it was bad / cold weather / the camper van... she could not have cared less about him. She gave him a scrap of air time to ā€œshow her concernā€ but she didnā€™t give a tit. I think she disgusting. And those idiot idiot fans following her and adoring her and believing her... we know this happens. Crazed cult devotees, deluded, malleable people who are just taken in by the leader. Even when they are abused they continue to believe. The rabid crazed responses when they feel their idol is being attacked. The blind defence.... oh God itā€™s making me shudder. Weā€™ve all seen documentaries and listened to podcasts on cults... whatā€™s going on with SJ and the followers is the same. Poor deluded people, I do feel sorry for them, especially (as discussed before) the vulnerable and the lonely ones. Not good. šŸ˜
You are so right, it's exactly that, a cult. And as with all cults, it's the vulnerable who are most attracted to it, the ones that were hurt before and think they found a place they could belong, rude awakenings ahead for sure.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
We have previously speculated on the vibe between SJ and Potty and The Now Invisible Ruthie . From the way he behaves with Stephanie (and SJ to him ā€œWelcome HOMEā€) I agree with you. If TNIR wants to keep Potty she must not step out of line by spilling the beans in an unfavourable way about SJ. I think many of us get the impression he is still in love with her or certainly ā€˜under her spellā€™. The only way Ruth can object and show sheā€™s not happy with the situation is by making a No-Show on SJā€™s vlogs. One can only imagine what TNIR feels inside when she sees those two vain kids constantly fawning over each other .
[/
Ruth should write another novel .... all characters being fictitious and not Based on any persons living or dead ! Revenge is a ā€œdish best served cold ā€œ as they say ....:cool:
And then when been interviewed if protagonist is based on Stephanie she can answer :"Stephanie who?"

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Clara, are you able to say what the great falling out after three years was all about?
Sure. One of my two friends, the one who was actually running her b&b, was horribly abused verbally by this homophobic volunteer. When he demanded the volunteer's immediate removal, Isabelle send my friends packing instead, because she needed the father of that volunteer to work some more on the electricity in the chapel. My friends had to pretend they were taking a planned holiday and were 'allowed' back in after the volunteer concerned left by herself. My friends started looking for their own place but stayed and helped SJ finish the season. SJ didn't want to talk about what happened at all, too busy with yet another volunteer she had set her eyes on. When one of my friends made a remark on her facebook page a year later, where SJ said something shallow about homophobia and my friend pointed out that it's not enough to condemn it but you should act on it as well, he got blocked from all social media and bullied by Nic and Potty, who accused my friend of cyberbullying. After those insults, they broke of contact but were still bullied.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
Was watching Michael's vlog where the Christmas spode plate broke and I was laughing to myself thinking brenda and the really crazy ones will be going frantic looking for one for him. He even went to mention for subscribers to send him a link. I think he knows and everyone knows that someone like brenda will search heaven and earth to get him one. Imagine how beloved brenda thinks she would be if she sent him the plate.
She is 100% searching around for one.
I've seen her on many other vlogs mentioned cause of gifts to Michael. So definitely hunting for the plate.

The vlog where Michael is fitting in the sink and Ryan is there. Michael starts saying how everyone has a vlog now even the dogs will have a vlog soon. Its true.
Apart from the mains ones Michael and Billy and gwen and Ryan. All the extra people all the family are making vlogs just to latch onto Michael's success.

I do like how his cottage looks with the aga looks lovely and cosy.
If there are any of those ā€œappallingā€ Christmas themed ā€œlimited editionā€ Spode plates left for sale in the world rest assured they will be purchased and sent to the quarter finished gardeners cottage dump pronto, especially after that performance by lil Trotter (ā€œsend me a linkā€......yea right).

And he should start every vlog with ā€œsponsored content by Agaā€.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
It doesn't feel like cheating when it is with an ex, it sort of belongs to the past...no new damage is done ;) Shoot me, I'm not perfect. Ruth seems such a bore though, - shall we bet on how long she lasts? I put in 6 months.
It's only cheating when you get caught šŸ˜‚

If there are any of those ā€œappallingā€ Christmas themed ā€œlimited editionā€ Spode plates left for sale in the world rest assured they will be purchased and sent to the quarter finished gardeners cottage dump pronto, especially after that performance by lil Trotter (ā€œsend me a linkā€......yea right).

That's why I said: break one get 10 free

Sure. One of my two friends, the one who was actually running her b&b, was horribly abused verbally by this homophobic volunteer. When he demanded the volunteer's immediate removal, Isabelle send my friends packing instead, because she needed the father of that volunteer to work some more on the electricity in the chapel. My friends had to pretend they were taking a planned holiday and were 'allowed' back in after the volunteer concerned left by herself. My friends started looking for their own place but stayed and helped SJ finish the season. SJ didn't want to talk about what happened at all, too busy with yet another volunteer she had set her eyes on. When one of my friends made a remark on her facebook page a year later, where SJ said something shallow about homophobia and my friend pointed out that it's not enough to condemn it but you should act on it as well, he got blocked from all social media and bullied by Nic and Potty, who accused my friend of cyberbullying. After those insults, they broke of contact but were still bullied.
Funny thing since most of her volunteers and friends are gay?

Last edited:
  • Heart

Interesting that he moaned about his broken plate on CD live chat first. No interaction between him and SJ after the usual "So glad you are here M!". Then directed viewers to his uploaded video for the full whining show.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Funny thing since most of her volunteers and friends are gay?
Exactly why it's not funny. She surrounds herself with them but has no clue what it means. Sad really. Here's what they wrote about another nasty incident on their blog

This Scrooge was about to dust off stories of French chateau life and its unsurpassed expansion when it comes to other peoples traditions, how it has ruined his festive appetite, not a word of a lie moreover but certainly not very motivating or jolly either, like the birth of the Gay-BĆ»che-de-NoĆ«l folklore, originating in the chateau custom of creating a glamorous group portrait around the spectacular tree on Christmas Eve, which sparked a caustic online comment from my sister because on it Ivory and I where split up and made to look like some dirndlsā€™ husbands, and ridicule and derision fell to her through the noisily laughing mouths of the castle inhabitants, befogged to be misunderstood on their artistic intentions, retroactively ill-considered, so they added a two groom cake-figurine on their traditional French dessert and declared their allegiance to repeating that pompously yearly, prolonging our discomfort, just for the fun of it.

• Sad
  • Sick
Crazy! Thanks for filling us in. Considering so many at the Chateau appear to be LGBTQ+ (including Stephanie sometimes) this is appalling. Bizarre that Nic and Potty would jump into the fray to defend her honour.

Not surprised about Ruth, she gives me vibes of someone who has low self esteem. Getting together with Potts after being friends Stephanie for many years....is unusual.

No doubt Mummy is pissed Stephanie didnā€™t marry a rich doormat. It is notable that all of Stephanie exā€™s have some degree of family wealth. In the interview with Selmar she mentioned another ex who is a descendant of a founder of an airline engineering firm Selmar worked for. ā€œIā€™m not saying sheā€™s a goldigger, but she ainā€™t messing....ā€

I also believe Mummy and Stephanie donā€™t have as much money as they would like us to think. They probably quite cash poor.

@ChocLili I also thought those commemorative Christmas plates tacky!

Last edited:
  • Haha

Someone send him this link and sugggest itā€™s prettier and sturdier Amazon product #trotterproof

• Haha
Thanks Clara. I never took to Isabelle and it's interesting to get some tea on her.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.