The Chateau Diaries #8 Nous sommes tous VALERIE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone mentioned they didn’t have money - but they must have assets! SJ has a flat in London - vlog with MP when they went Christmas shopping - full of cobwebs because hardly used. Her mother also has property ‘London area’ mentioned on other vlogs. Plus the fabulous beach house in South Africa! If SJ sold or rented her London flat she could pay for all the impending refurbishment of the chateau without any Patreon money! It must be worth a lot of money, why has no one questioned her on this ... or are they too besotted to ask her such impertinent questions?
We discussed this alot in previous threads. And we agree they have some money

That is an awful thing to happen to anyone.
Wow, did she tell this in a video?

Where was the fire?
I think the expression “fur coat and no knickers” has been used before on here to describe SJ’s approach to chateau renovation. I guess “Venetian crown while the place burns down” is just a new angle on this? Lol
[/QUOTE]
But it was a sensible purchase since she wore it on several parties 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I've always thought the vlogs reinvigerated her. On instagram it was always about travel and food and the big parties at the chateau. The old 12 days of Christmas were a dress up everyday.! Perhaps her friends kids got older or everyone now in 40s not so many people are coming. Now the chateau is front and centre. I do wonder if in the years from her father's death and breakup with MP, Nic moved to Belgium, whether the Chateau became a millstone around her neck and she was a bit depressed, not able to cope. I mean she had no business skills (her own description Brenda if you reading).

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I think the expression “fur coat and no knickers” has been used before on here to describe SJ’s approach to chateau renovation. I guess “Venetian crown while the place burns down” is just a new angle on this? Lol
Well, we're only at the beginning of thread 8 but we should keep in mind “Venetian crown while the place burns down” as title for next thread.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Sorry Claire I am intrigued by the fire. I thought the Pethericks with their rule of no real candles was a sound one. Remember SJ only got fire extinguishers in October (need to check my vlog index) aftercan inspection. You now see them quite clearly in Grand salon and kitchen.
She claimed it was her worst nightmare, the chateau on fire, yet could not deal with any precautions or safety measures. Obviously this was all before the money came in.

If I were Michael I would practically move in just to get up Philip’s nose and lets face it, with a nose like Philips that would be easy enough...🤭
I still don't get what's the problem with his nose? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Might this not be part of the manipulation of your friends? Pretend to not have any ready cash to pay them so they stay on as volunteers for years?

They might not be mega rich enough to have gutted the chateau and renovated it properly but they definitely have enough in terms of investments for SJ to never had had a job and still be able to fund a luxurious lifestyle.
Sure. And as for the money to live on and pay for running bills, she looked at Mummy and both exes, Michael Potts and elusive Nic. She also took "pocket money" from friends who wanted to be on her good side....

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Sure. And as for the money to live on and pay for running bills, she looked at Mummy and both exes, Michael Potts and elusive Nic. She also took "pocket money" from friends who wanted to be on her good side....
Is that a euphemism...pocket money/good side?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Where was the fire?
The fire was outside the guardians house, where my friends lived and where Nic and Marie are settling in now. Outside that house are the main connections for all things electrical in the chateau. The whole thing burned down in January 2017 because of bad maintenance and instead of getting it fixed instantly she left things unattended for more than a year later, with only temporary fixes made by the firemen and a sign 'danger de mort', danger of dying, regardless of lived there she couldn't be bothered.
[/QUOTE]
When you say ‘the whole thing burnt down’ do you actually mean part/guardians house was seriously damaged ? Somehow that doesn’t surprise me AT ALL ! Loving having you here and these IRL insights .... I feel so disappointed (but not surprised) that the speculation laid out in these threads, actually has some truth. I had originally been a huge fan. Arrived here because I just couldn’t understand the Patreon account and why so many people gave to a woman who had so much. As tine hues on, I wonder that more than ever.

Many people are saying they are happy to see DIY starting again at CDLL particularly for Selmar. May I just add that I work in high end property development / Building and whilst I understand that using volunteers is cheaper (er ... free) than paying for tradesman, there are times when the professionals must be brought in. Dear Selmar should stick to the tango and a bit of woodwork, imo he, like many there, is a bit of a Bodger. Some of the electrics are more than questionable ... and as for taking up that floor and patch-working it elsewhere ...😵

I feel so sorry for your friends to be used in that way. Horrid. Isabelle & SJ ultimately sound like a self-centred, hard-nosed pair of users. They are certainly not living in the real world nor paying any respect to those who aren’t so fortunate - and that’s even before Covid hit.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Someone mentioned they didn’t have money - but they must have assets! SJ has a flat in London - vlog with MP when they went Christmas shopping - full of cobwebs because hardly used. Her mother also has property ‘London area’ mentioned on other vlogs. Plus the fabulous beach house in South Africa! If SJ sold or rented her London flat she could pay for all the impending refurbishment of the chateau without any Patreon money! It must be worth a lot of money, why has no one questioned her on this ... or are they too besotted to ask her such impertinent questions?
She has mentioned in the past (such as in her vlog breaking down monthly costs of running a chateau) that she used to rent out her flat on AirBnB and for years that (in addition to her co-owners putting in money, obvs) was the only way the managed to keep the place running...

Mason is something else too. They used to be dating, but he broke up with here years ago, by email while his family (dad, brother and sister) where staying at the chateau. She was heartbroken, obviously.
Good grief ! That’s great info ....! I was naive enough to think they were merely ‘just good friends’ .... perhaps because his vibe comes off as a bit weird to me . And also because he didn’t seem her Pretty Boy Type of previous years .

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Is that a euphemism...pocket money/good side?
I mean if friends are coming to stay contributing some money for food, electricity etc is fair enough. One vlog she mentions friends who can work remotely used to come and stay. Like Hanni renting MP apartment.

Reactions: 8
She claimed it was her worst nightmare, the chateau on fire, yet could not deal with any precautions or safety measures. Obviously this was all before the money came in.
The money came in… and yet she can’t be bothered to teach anyone, or write down, how the heating system/boiler works (which you don't need a penny to do that, a working brain will suffice). Not much learned from her 'worst nightmare'.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Good grief ! That’s great info ....! I was naive enough to think they were merely ‘just good friends’ .... perhaps because his vibe comes off as a bit weird to me . And also because he didn’t seem her Pretty Boy Type of previous years .
Haha, a bit weird is a definite understandmand when it comes to Mason, he's in the charts of weirdest Americans I think. Look him up. He wrote the book 'Insight into the Ancient Practice of Sungazing', Mason Dwinell....

The money came in… and yet she can’t be bothered to teach anyone, or write down, how the heating system/boiler works. Not much learned from her 'worst nightmare'.
So true

More and more extraordinary. I can’t remember who, but someone in a previous much earlier thread, suggested that Stephanie and her vastly-funded fake Disney Chateau Life was the ideal subject for an exposé piece in The Mail Newspaper. I’m sure it will only be a matter of time before she’s featured in a magazine (colour supplement/Hello - who incidentally have already picked her up on-line) ....

I believe you are the first person here (though who knows ! ) to come out with authentic information. It must surely only be a matter of time before volunteers break rank (like Tomasz) or others start to spill the beans ???

• Heart
Reactions: 14
i think her goal (and mummy's goal for her) was always to become rich, but the old-fashioned way - marry the money and make some more
that is why I keep referring to this project as a springboard for her to entertain rich, ideally wealthy and good connected people in order to get to know other rich, ideally wealthy and well connected people in order to marry up (like both duchesses had done and some other socialites around London and elsewhere)
Then it's a bad idea to invite her exes🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.