The Chateau Diaries #8 Nous sommes tous VALERIE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember your post and it is so heartbreaking that some (old?) lady gave her savings to SJ and went on to say how long it took her to save.... Please for the love of god Brenda if you are reading this find that post, find that woman, speak to Stephanie and pay that woman back.
Now that is an excellent idea 💡 Money flow being returned to its original source 💰 💰 💰

Many years ago in The Mail, a fashion journalist called Liz Jones was lamenting her dire financial circumstances. This is a woman who at that time had a wardrobe of Prada//Chanel/Balenciaga. She wrote that she was almost bankrupt . She also mentioned her love for rescuing dogs and horses but how she could barely afford to feed them). Apparently so many people (including little old ladies) sent her money, that she had to write a subsequent article, not only thanking them but saying she was unable to keep the donations and where possible (and people had left addresses) she would return the money.

One can only imagine the income that she, as a successful journalist, was able to command. I’m not sure if it was the Editor of the newspaper who forced her to return the money or her own conscience. I hope Brenda reads your idea and acts on it: Return To Sender

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I remember your post and it is so heartbreaking that some (old?) lady gave her savings to SJ and went on to say how long it took her to save.... Please for the love of god Brenda if you are reading this find that post, find that woman, speak to Stephanie and pay that woman back.
Sadly, I think that is never going to happen. 😔

Reactions: 6
I see Brenda’s been busy!

On a serious note, where is Stephanie’s judgement? She went to Oxford, she knows this guy not an “Egyptologist”. At best he’s a fantasist, at worst a conman. Either way he’s seriously creepy.
Just a thought - My sister-in-law (very similar to SJ in many ways) - called her parents Mummy and Daddy, always hung around the hunting crowd, etc., (Father-in-Law was a hardworking tenant farmer, Mother -in-law's father was a quarryman but she too had delusions of grandeur!). Anyway, it was always rammed down my throat that SiL went to Cambridge. It eventually turned out, after asking which college she had gone to, that someone let slip that it was Cambridge polytechnic although she always implied that she was at Cambridge University ! SiL mixed with the Uni crowd . She has a friend at the university at that time which made it easier for her , which is how SiL met her now ex-husband. Wonder which college SJ went to?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Just a thought - My sister-in-law (very similar to SJ in many ways) - called her parents Mummy and Daddy, always hung around the hunting crowd, etc., (Father-in-Law was a hardworking tenant farmer, Mother -in-law's father was a quarryman but she too had delusions of grandeur!). Anyway, it was always rammed down my throat that SiL went to Cambridge. It eventually turned out, after asking which college she had gone to, that someone let slip that it was Cambridge polytechnic although she always implied that she was at Cambridge University ! SiL mixed with the Uni crowd . She has a friend at the university at that time which made it easier for her , which is how SiL met her now ex-husband. Wonder which college SJ went to?
She went to Somerville I believe.

Reactions: 7
Now that is an excellent idea 💡 Money flow being returned to its original source 💰 💰 💰

Many years ago in The Mail, a fashion journalist called Liz Jones was lamenting her dire financial circumstances. This is a woman who at that time had a wardrobe of Prada//Chanel/Balenciaga. She wrote that she was almost bankrupt . She also mentioned her love for rescuing dogs and horses but how she could barely afford to feed them). Apparently so many people (including little old ladies) sent her money, that she had to write a subsequent article, not only thanking them but saying she was unable to keep the donations and where possible (and people had left addresses) she would return the money.

One can only imagine the income that she, as a successful journalist, was able to command. I’m not sure if it was the Editor of the newspaper who forced her to return the money or her own conscience. I hope Brenda reads your idea and acts on it: Return To Sender
Brenda is not the sharpest pencil in the box. I think this would all go way over her head.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Funny ! I think S went to Sommerville

Brenda is not the sharpest pencil in the box. I think this would all go way over her head.
😂 ✏ I think you’re right. There’s no hope is there ?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
That’s hilarious 😆

Oh god I have story like that, a snobby friend of my aunt’s liked to both boast and complain about how her son didn’t like Oxford. I was like really? How so? Turns out he was at Oxford Brookes 🙄

Speaking of academics, the Conchita Wurst imitator needs to be schooled. He’s an amateur Eypytogist or if he prefers an ancient Egypt enthusiast

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
6.png

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I've linked to this video on a previous thread, watch from 16.00 onwards to hear SJ talk about now being able to eat and pay bills thanks to the patrons...this was very much the narrative in March/April when I started watching and her subs & views increased dramatically. She was playing on the closure of the B&B business to get donations.

She obviously lost money from the closure but still had her private income from who knows where, support from mummy/Nic/Michael, presumably savings from renting out the London flat which would take in over £100 per night on Air B and B

Every time I look at her and hear her I shudder. Professional exploitative grifter of the highest order. IMO.

Speaking of her suitors and travels... are we supposed to believe that her relationship with weirdo sungazing Mason is purely platonic now? Because in all her travel videos with him she seemed to make a point that they had separate hotel rooms... Possibly trying to appear all innocent in front of her puritanical American fans?
I think she’s a bit of a mickey dodger...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Haha! The Fokker stays! He brings joy.
Like Stephanie, I follow the Marie Kondo, interested to see how Stephanie is coming along with that
Fokker is a bit of an excitement/risk junkie who hangs around with Jort Kelder; one of the worst scumbags in Dutch society. The latter has a name of throwing young women out of his home, "the folowing morning", like used trash. Kelder is pretentious, fakes his accent, wears very expensive clothes, but is just from a very ordinary, lower middle-class background in Rotterdam. Neither of these men have any integrity, class or humanity whatsoever. A few months ago, Kelder complained that lockdown was a waste of time, because "why should we waste our time protecting fat 80 year olds?". :sick:

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Fokker is a bit of an excitement/risk junkie who hangs around with Jort Kelder; one of the worst scumbags in Dutch society. The latter has a name of throwing young women out of his home, "the folowing morning", like used trash. He is pretentious, fakes his accent, wears very expensive clothes, but is just from a very ordinary, lower middle-class background in Rotterdam. Neither of these men have any integrity, class or humanity whatsoever. A few months ago, Kelder complained that lockdown was a waste of time, because "why should we waste our time protecting fat 80 year olds?". :sick:
What an informative piece of info. They sound ghastly. Unattractive on every level.

Old Stephanie isn’t shy of venturing out with those men who most us wouldn’t touch with a barge pole ....

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.