The Chateau Diaries #8 Nous sommes tous VALERIE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have never clicked onto these premieres so I am somewhat shocked to realise people are donating immediately to the site. If people had a chance to really think deeply about it maybe they wouldn’t - like being a patreon then changing your mind a few months later. When I looked at her patreon site few days or so, I noticed that she had TWO ‘vacacies’ on her top level - so looks as though two patrons have already bolted!
Exactly. People perhaps living on their own, carried away with ‘being part’ of chateau Lalande and ‘connected’ to Stephanie, give in the moment. That top tier has been full for ages. Interested to hear two patreons have come to their senses.

SJ is a taker....not a giver imo. What price integrity when there’s crap to be hoarded. She invests in things....not people.
Summed up paarfecktly 👌

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Since charity work does not pay well, he might also have wanted her to get a job.

I also wonder, if she had to sell her flat in London to get the chateau how come she still has a flat in London?
Her father bought her another one. Seriously where is that endless bucket of funds from...

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Aw c'mon - no-one has to send Stephanie their money - and she's said many times on her vlogs for people to please not support her if they're hard up or can't afford it.

I know Stephanie is spoilt and stays in bed half the day and doesn't like getting her hands dirty - and manages to charm everyone into doing the jobs she doesn't want to do but she's not this animal abusing extortionist that she's being painted as on here. And I still maintain that people give happily to her as they love the entertaining, regular content and the access to a fascinating way of life that most of us would never normally see. I just can't get worked up about it. She's been much luckier in life than most people in that she's been blessed with rich parents, beauty and a charismatic personality - and that's why we're all on here talking about her! Beautiful people generally have things so much easier than the rest of us. I remember reading a column by a writer called Taki in the Spectator years ago and he was talking about the jewellery of the wife of a rich friend and he said she deserved all the diamonds in the world for being so beautiful. Very unfair yes, but it's the way of the world.

And no I'm not Stephanie or Hanni or Brenda or Yvonne - I'm just someone who loves the humour on here and finds the whole mental La Lande set up massively entertaining and great escapism. But I also try to be very fair and see all points of view too.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
It's interesting that of all her exes G. is not coming to Lalande. And no pics at all on Instagram even though she keeps quite old and also embarrassing ones from her past. Though they seem to have split in somewhat good terms since they stayed married for 10 years though not together anymore.
Wasn’t she with Potty for 10 years? Not sure how long her marriage to G lasted.

Reactions: 3
I just realised that "The Great Wonder" could have been Gerry.

This was a children's book about an Egyptian pyramid and their last holiday together was to Egypt?

I originally thought that it was Yvonne, but now I have my doubts...

• Haha

This was a children's book about an Egyptian pyramid and their last holiday together was to Egypt?

My suspicion was MPotts - went for Carla super fast 💨 v v cutting
Ironic - he deleted himself or themselfs 🙄

Aw c'mon - no-one has to send Stephanie their money - and she's said many times on her vlogs for people to please not support her if they're hard up or can't afford it.

I know Stephanie is spoilt and stays in bed half the day and doesn't like getting her hands dirty - and manages to charm everyone into doing the jobs she doesn't want to do but she's not this animal abusing extortionist that she's being painted as on here. And I still maintain that people give happily to her as they love the entertaining, regular content and the access to a fascinating way of life that most of us would never normally see. I just can't get worked up about it. She's been much luckier in life than most people in that she's been blessed with rich parents, beauty and a charismatic personality - and that's why we're all on here talking about her! Beautiful people generally have things so much easier than the rest of us. I remember reading a column by a writer called Taki in the Spectator years ago and he was talking about the jewellery of the wife of a rich friend and he said she deserved all the diamonds in the world for being so beautiful. Very unfair yes, but it's the way of the world.

And no I'm not Stephanie or Hanni or Brenda or Yvonne - I'm just someone who loves the humour on here and finds the whole mental La Lande set up massively entertaining and great escapism. But I also try to be very fair and see all points of view too.
👏👏👏 same as yourself .... highly entertaining and truthfully in awe of the sheer arrogance of it all

Also there are so many seriously witty inspirational and intelligent entertaining ppl on here with no loss of themselves or whom they are in life .... utterly fabulous ♥
💫💫💫⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐💫💫💫

• Heart
Reactions: 15

having stalked Yvonne. I’m pretty sure it won’t be her. At least it seems like she is normal and have a lot more going on than to go on tattle.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
After SJ's listing of all her official SM pages, she then asks for any questions/comments to be sent in a private message. This is because people dared to send questions and negative comments about the numbers of Christmas guests and Yvonne also asked the people concerned to send comments directly to SJ. Of course, all that is to avoid any negative criticism on a public page which may then deter donors. As she is now a public figure advertising herself on public media, the critics have every right to comment publicly.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Hmm...not sure I go along with this. She is lazy, apparently never had a job in her life. Yet is happy to take others' hard earned cash. She is exploitative in that she is pretending to be poverty stricken but has designer gear & goes on multiple holidays. She has a small posse of little old ladies who work for her for free whilst coining it on on her site. I know the narc thing has been done to death, but clearly this is she 'The achievement-focused covert narcissist is the kind of narcissist who deliberately seeks out those with particular social or employment status or connections. What matters to them is who you are, who you know, what you have or what they can get from or via you." Is it only exploitation if you know you're being exploited?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
After SJ's listing of all her official SM pages, she then asks for any questions/comments to be sent in a private message. This is because people dared to send questions and negative comments about the numbers of Christmas guests and Yvonne also asked the people concerned to send comments directly to SJ. Of course, all that is to avoid any negative criticism on a public page which may then deter donors. As she is now a public figure advertising herself on public media, the critics have every right to comment publicly.
Questions/comments sent in a private message get the same response as original post. Which is to say, there's no response at all. Aesthetic professionalism, that is all.

• Haha
if I was managing her social, would find that sweet spot and hit it hard. Catholicism, Selmar, cute animals, family traditions, and skip the singing to put the halo back on firmly. Day trip with Selmar to see his favorite part of the area with Diesel. Leave Puff the Magic Dragon at the Chat toe. Donate a basket of goodies to the local medical staff on front line.

Going to look for my bag of euros I will wear birkenstocks with nasty white socks during the visit

• Haha
Reactions: 11

I don't have a problem with SJ using her beauty to get on in the world... none whatsoever... but she knows elderly people are sending their savings and some are waiting until pay day to contribute... they clearly tell her in the live chat! It is all a bit too much like TV evangelism for my taste. :sick:

She could easily afford to take the high road and still make a fortune:

Ditch the cadeaux channel and the premieres, use the funds only to renovate by paying properly trained people a fair wage, and film the process for YT. No one has a problem with that at all... let her flaunt her beauty as much as she wants... let it all hang out.

However, she should not talk about how impoverished she is, whilst:

a) wearing a €45,000 watch
b) sitting on assets worth half a million (or more?) and an annual income above quarter of a million
c) exploiting staff/volunteers who are smitten/in love (e.g. Selmar)
d) allowing staff/volunteers to compromise their future health/ability to work and support themselves (e.g. Selmar's neck injury/digging up flagstones).

A bit long-winded, but you get the drift. I am not expecting her to be a saint.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Hmm...not sure I go along with this. She is lazy, apparently never had a job in her life. Yet is happy to take others' hard earned cash. She is exploitative in that she is pretending to be poverty stricken but has designer gear & goes on multiple holidays. She has a small posse of little old ladies who work for her for free whilst coining it on on her site. I know the narc thing has been done to death, but clearly this is she 'The achievement-focused covert narcissist is the kind of narcissist who deliberately seeks out those with particular social or employment status or connections. What matters to them is who you are, who you know, what you have or what they can get from or via you." Is it only exploitation if you know you're being exploited?
We can agree to disagree PATP although I think it's obvious to anyone who regularly watches her vlogs that she isn't poverty stricken. She regularly mentions her London flat and goes on lots of exotic holidays - plus she has a ridiculous amount of clothes, shoes and jewellery. Quite possibly there could be a person of limited intelligence who somehow thinks her set up constitutes being poverty stricken but I'm pretty sure most people can see she's very comfortably off.

👏👏👏 same as yourself .... highly entertaining and truthfully in awe of the sheer arrogance of it all

💫💫💫⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐💫💫💫

• Heart
We can agree to disagree PATP although I think it's obvious to anyone who regularly watches her vlogs that she isn't poverty stricken. She regularly mentions her London flat and goes on lots of exotic holidays - plus she has a ridiculous amount of clothes, shoes and jewellery. Quite possibly there could be a person of limited intelligence who somehow thinks her set up constitutes being poverty stricken but I'm pretty sure most people can see she's very comfortably off.
But would you give money to a friend who said they needed to repair their roof as they waved from the window of the taxi on the way to the airport?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
There's the rub - all of the above is true - and yet she uses the expression "I can't afford it" or "I didn't have any/enough money" more than anyone else I have ever encountered, and knowingly takes money from those with very little.

That "please don't send me money if you can't afford it" is just good PR.

An amount some grandmother will have taken months to save, will be blown in an afternoon at The Ritz.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I don't have a problem with SJ using her beauty to get on in the world... none whatsoever... but she knows elderly people are sending their savings and some are waiting until pay day to contribute... they clearly tell her in the live chat! It is all a bit too much like TV evangelism for my taste. :sick:

She could easily afford to take the high road and still make a fortune:

Ditch the cadeaux channel and the premieres, use the funds only to renovate by paying properly trained people a fair wage, and film the process for YT. No one has a problem with that at all... let her flaunt her beauty as much as she wants... let it all hang out.

However, she should not talk about how impoverished she is, whilst:

a) wearing a €45,000 watch
b) sitting on assets worth half a million (or more?) and an annual income above quarter of a million
c) exploiting staff/volunteers who are smitten/in love (e.g. Selmar)
d) allowing staff/volunteers to compromise their future health/ability to work and support themselves (e.g. Selmar's neck injury/digging up flagstones).

A bit long-winded, but you get the drift. I am not expecting her to be a saint.
Has she really got a € 45000 watch?
Mine's not even worth € 45

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I don't think she's ever said that she is personally poverty stricken. She has however said that she doesn't have the money to do all the expensive renovations on the chateau that she'd like to. Two different things. And I'll say it again; people do not have to send her money - they can watch for free all day long.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.