The Chateau Diaries #8 Nous sommes tous VALERIE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It would be a supreme act of kindness by the lot of them, if someone would please get (Mr.) Ruby neutered!!! Most likely, the animal clinics are working on priority cases right now due to COVID—- but kitty has been there for a long time!!! There are no-cost or low cost spay/neuter programs for goodness sake! (Ruby— please excuse my indignation if you have already been seen to.)
How do you know that he is not? 🤔

it

is not about being easy, but as you probably figured by now, non of these influencers are 1. mentally well-balanced individuals, o as a prerequisite you need at east daddy issues or narcissism, 2. you want to be in front of the camera (mostly bc of point 1) but also bc you lack in other departments (mostly true, this include always wanting to be an actress but never actually make it) 3. you love to tell stories do not add up (aka creative license or in my language - lies) 4. for best results lacking self awareness 5. you have either lot of time or lot of money, so mostly either parents or spouse are taking care of your daily needs (some have exes and inhouse slaves) 6. you have other protagonists because eventually one will become either boring or people will start to see through the cracks 7. you don't mind that privacy is the price you pay for fame

maybe you are right, it is not easy to find the mix of everything above, and let's not start with editing bc most influencers pay/exploit (as partially our princess adoes, for other people film her she has inhouse slaves, we know she pays them with food and roof over their heads) someone else to do it for them
Though she is easy on the eyes, a good narrator

Reactions: 6
this made me laugh so hard, imagine we would infiltrate the chat -O, I will be stuck in the attic next to nutty drafting my day away, @Heathcliffe doing repairs in her bedroom 😉 and @66carola will be turning plates upside down in the kitchen 😂😂 while we will be awaiting guests arriving for tattle event party
I'd rather help the goatcheese guy! 😍

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
How do you know that he is not? 🤔

Though she is easy on the eyes, a good narrator
I might be mistaken. However, after his injury last year, Ruby had more video time (I’m not a cat testicle expert by any means...lol) From his appearance I thought there was a strong possibility he was un-neutered. I hope that I am wrong. :)

• Haha
  • Heart
I did but tells you to order it officially for like 11-14 pounds, which is not that crazy, but one has to wait till they send it to you by mail

may I ask you how old is your son?
do you also own a granny farmhouse?
Don't mind. I don't buy him a chateau or penthouse, I am by no means rich, but I would need to pay rent for him for a room anyway when he leaves for university so why not buy an apartment instead? A reasonable 1 bedroom apartment starts around 50000 euros here if you start looking early. and if you don't buy from real estate agents which is still possible here there are less fees. As an young adult he gets a good rate. You can get a credit with only 10% down-payment here. So imo this is possible for anyone. That's the way I started, after a couple of years I sold it and bought a 2 bedroom, then a small house and then a bigger one and so on.
It it quite alot to organise and plan and manage and also you have to learn alot on the way, but if I could do it anybody can. Also you save taxes, and it is known that one lives better with debts... See Donald trump 🤣
I guess that's how SJ parents did it and now with 80 Isabelle has some assets she can live on. I believe that was the plan with the chateau, too.

I might be mistaken. However, after his injury last year, Ruby had more video time (I’m not a cat testicle expert by any means...lol) From his appearance I thought there was a strong possibility he was un-neutered. I hope that I am wrong. :)
Though I must say I prefer SJ not petting the animals all the time. Animals don't need to be stroked all the time, especially cats. if they need attention they come. Better leave them alone, you are not an animal lover just because you pet them all the time. 🐱🐶🐇

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Don't mind. I don't buy him a chateau or penthouse, I am by no means rich, but I would need to pay rent for him for a room anyway when he leaves for university so why not buy an apartment instead? A reasonable 1 bedroom apartment starts around 50000 euros here if you start looking early. and if you don't buy from real estate agents which is still possible here there are less fees. As an young adult he gets a good rate. You can get a credit with only 10% down-payment here. So imo this is possible for anyone. That's the way I started, after a couple of years I sold it and bought a 2 bedroom, then a small house and then a bigger one and so on.
It it quite alot to organise and plan and manage and also you have to learn alot on the way, but if I could do it anybody can. I guess that's how SJ parents did it and now with 80 Isabelle has some assets she can live on. I believe that was the plan with the chateau, too.

Though I must say I prefer SJ not petting the animals all the time. Animals don't need to be stroked all the time, especially cats. if they need attention they come. Better leave them alone, you are not an animal lover just because you pet them all the time. 🐱🐶🐇
with the difference that the flat she has now was bought 24 yrs ago (approx 2 years before her marriage, so about after her uni) for 7.3 times the price your one-bedroom was but in pounds so form that time it would be almost 10 times higher (if I remember correctly the conversion, the price and everything is accurate bc it is directly fro public record), so it was not cheap by any means, even now is that price high and imagine what the value of this moeny was back then when you could fed one person per 1.5 pound a day
and therefore people are asking how come, with everything poor me never had I any present (wonder if our Greg figured her out within that year and took off)

here is also Lizzies flat, a house in SA and of course Chat-O

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
interesting, the story she is saying is that they both had flats in london and both got sold, inbetween she got gifted one from her father (to compensate for the lack of gifts from mother)
the chat-O was paid in full (no mortgage)
Mmmmmm

2 flats sold - SJ and nick
At the time she was dating Potts

Daddy n mummy moved with them

Waited a year - no renovations

Monies limited - did geo heating 🙄
Salon
And sweet duck all else

Dad unfortunately died (RIP)

Nick moved to London to her FAMILY flat
After will read - possibly left to her

They had a mortgage
Nick sent money 💰
She air b n b the flat
And had chamber dote rooms

They all suplimented the chateau

Mortgage paid off 2018
It’s in her vlog - how much a chat ooo costs to run 🏃‍♀️

M Potts bought in 2 years ago
Nick assumed the gate house
50% of the chateau has no works done ✅

Roof still not insulated

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Can we just circle back and take a moment to appreciate the sartorial elegance of this finely clad Fokker? Here we have a man who could teach Percy a thing or two about flamboyance................
An older version of Mason, perhaps:unsure: there seems to be a slight resemblance. Definitely Eurotrash! I'm really loving this thread, thank you dear tattlers for all your witty and hilarious comments, wish I had more time to contribute on here but love reading etc.,

Reactions: 15
one more thing
let's talk a bit about charities, bc it seems that some people on here and patreon have a misconception - and yes it is all about money and taxes
without going it too much detail

Individuals in France can claim an income tax reduction (tax credit) of 66% of the amount donated or a 75% reduction in wealth tax. Donations to certain causes (including charities working with people in need) can qualify for a 75% reduction. However, tax relief is capped at 20% of annual taxable income.

Companies can enjoy a corporate tax reduction of 60% of their donations, up to a maximum of 0.5‰ of their annual turnover. If you exceed this limit, you can carry over the excess for the payment of taxes due in the next five financial years. You can even carry a loss year over.
Companies subject to income tax enjoy the same tax benefit.
This tax reduction mechanism applies to cash donations, in-kind donations (gifts of movable property or shares, for example) as well as skill-based sponsorship.
This attractive tax system also governs the level of benefits that may be enjoyed in return for the donation: the benefits must not exceed 25% of the value of the donation.
For example, donate €5,000 to an eligible organization, and you will actually only pay €1,250.

so SJ and the bunch (as individuals and as a business)can donate to themselves and then deduct it off their taxes

secondly,
not sure how some people imagine it to be, but the charity needs to be run by someone who needs to be paid, you need to pay for labour and the material (and yes SJ can pay herself for the labour or to selmar and nutty can be a director)
one more thing to point out, the tax regime applies also to skill-based sponsorship - you know people (steffi or photographer ex BF etc) can "donate " their skills and write it off of their taxes, so how would it work

hypothetically >
charity will ask Mr. Potty to take photos of the castle as part of the restoration-of-whatever project for the price of 10 K,
it will take him 2 hours to do so they have paper evidence, so 10K will be his "donation" which he can write off of his taxes (which occur from his apartment renting, B&B income, income as a director on board of the charity) so either he doesn't pay any or they even give him the money back and they can divide them
or the charity (=patreon money) can pay him directly as part of a job that needs to be done for restoration purposes (lets say photo evidence for sanitation)

this provision would make steffi eligible if not for direct payment then for tax write off as a creator for patreon channel (and you know you can put your own price on your skills - of course, it has to be in line with the market but ...)

other option - as many companies/charities can wite off the parties, lunches... (for promotional purposes, for board meetings...), again you need to have evidence in form of invitation, food menu, tickets/gas bills - those are also expenses your board member or whoever will be claiming from your charity = patreon)

and I am no tax advisor, so those who have a business can tell you what else you can pay how or get of your taxes so you at the end do not pay anything for anything

Mmmmmm

How about French granny ☺
I was thinking, but granny seemed well and sound while they were already in the chat-O (some photo evidence somewhere) but there were 2 grannies so who knows

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
I would just like to thank BG for directing me to tattle life, never heard of it before ! You must be so pleased she ranted the other day 🤣🤣 I love it. BTW I saw the light as soon as the gift opening vlogs started, cancelled my £5 a month Patreon, now just observe & watch the shenanigans 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
What really bothers me is the fact that Stephanie wants everybody to work around her for free. When she never held a full time job herself, that really ticks me off. Not sure how you would classify her funds as a non profit or a charity?

• Heart
I would just like to thank BG for directing me to tattle life, never heard of it before ! You must be so pleased she ranted the other day 🤣🤣 I love it. BTW I saw the light as soon as the gift opening vlogs started, cancelled my £5 a month Patreon, now just observe & watch the shenanigans 😂
as much as some of us talk about Dear Brenda, we clearly see that she is just and old granny from some Irish village who doesn't know better, she doesn't have the knowledge or intelligence to realize it on her own ( 1. is happening to her 2. what is she personally doing or not doing )
so I hope that she reads here for few weeks straight so she gets it and then reconsiders her priorities and devotions
she will do better if she sends those gifts to her 3 grandchildren (or set them up with trust or saving accounts) and volunteers in her local church a bit more

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Not sure how you would classify her funds as a non profit or a charity
This is what I don't get. Patreon money is only going for non-profit renovations, but what happens when the property is sold? It will be in better nick so SJ will make a profit. Will patrons be entitled to a share of the profit?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
This is what I don't get. Patreon money is only going for non-profit renovations, but what happens when the property is sold? It will be in better nick so SJ will make a profit.
EXACTLY. and I don't think the patreons see that

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This is what I don't get. Patreon money is only going for non-profit renovations, but what happens when the property is sold? It will be in better nick so SJ will make a profit. Will patrons be entitled to a share of the profit?
of course, they are going to make a profit so it is in her interest to renovate as much as possible till the money flows and find herself a rich husband in the meantime (by making parties, traveling) so she can have her princess afterlife as well

to me this all is genuinely a brilliant idea, I would have never come up with such a plan with all the well crafted poor me deception, partially it is an accident bc she has some personality issues and partially she saw it all with the granny farm

let's not forget she crafted this persona from a very young age and she had a stage to practice and she knows what works with this segment of viewers/donators (not always single but always ready to mingle men and catholic grannies)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.