Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Moonbeams

Chatty Member
I love Strictly. I know it sounds a bit extreme but for me it really helps with the long, dark evenings and cold weather. Then when it's over, Christmas arrives and Spring is just around the corner. It's on the perfect time of year.

Reactions: 17

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Bruno has QUIT Strictly to concentrate as a judge on the US version

More like the BBC wanted Anton back and told Bruno he could say he quit rather than be revealed he was replaced. Anton much cheaper and far more likeable and far less annoying than Bruno was in the last few years.

Reactions: 16

Boring Monday

VIP Member
According to LadyLav, Angela Hartnett the chef said on her podcast with Gio recently that she had recently had an email from the BBC asking her to compete this year. Apparently the podcast was recorded May? seemed very last minute. I assumed they got these people nailed down Jan/Feb..

Is Kym Marsh considered a ringer if presumably she hasn't danced in years and is mid-40s?
It’s Strictly. Of course she is.
A female is considered a ringer if they have so much as done the Time Warp at a school disco and heaven forbid she’s been sent out as an 8 year old for dance lessons. Practically into Pro territory.
A bloke can have pirouetted across every West End Stage but still be allowed to have had ‘no formal training’.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

UnknownTattler

VIP Member
Vito's name just reminds me of that scene in Friends where Ross and Rachel are vetoing baby names and Phoebe says "Is it me or is Veto starting to sound really good?" :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 14

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Lovelies, I’ve just been to see Oti. Oh my god, she was amazing! Her husband was there and a fantastic cast, and she had Ellie from the Greatest Dancer on too. I’ve never seen a live show like it - the singers were awesome.

There was laughter and tears - the segments dedicated to her family and South Africa were so powerful. You could tell from how the dancers were with each other they were all a team and Oti seemed like a genuinely lovely person.

10/10 would recommend - if you get the chance to go, you definitely should.

Hope you’re all well ❤

• Heart

jfletcher

VIP Member
It’s bizarre to me how posters over on DS have been openly critical of Rose not sharing any of her relationship - as if her boyfriend not popping up everywhere during Strictly was a sign of something being wrong - when their behaviour is exactly why she probably keeps it so private. Fans (and the press) have very few boundaries these days and I can’t blame anyone in the spotlight who strives to protect their private life and loved ones. It’s refreshing when people do that rather than selling every personal detail for a little more fame.

The way they’re taking any tiny detail as signs of what is happening in her love life is intrusive - and no different to the way Kai and AJ fans were tripping over themselves to manifest a romance that never existed. I loved watching Rose and Gio on Strictly but I would be shocked if that man is putting aside his love of Instagram models for Rose and if she had broken up with her long-term partner for a man who’s not famed for long-lasting relationships. If they have, I wish them the best but those fans need to stop taking her continuing to keep her private life private as a sign that she’s dumped her boyfriend for Giovanni. They’re real people, not fictional characters in a romantic comedy.

UnknownTattler

VIP Member
The Bacofoil chat has reminded me that I downloaded the video of it with the DS comments a while ago. Here it is 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

UnknownTattler

VIP Member
It’s a shame Johannes couldn’t make it as best man, how sad. It’s a beautiful wedding, light on strictly guests as they are all on tour (why was Karim there?!)
Yeah, poor Johannes doesn't have much luck with his visa issues. Karim is on the Here Come The Boys tour with Graziano and Giada. There's a bit in the video of the wedding where he pats Graziano on the back as he's walking up the aisle, and it reminded me of all the times he leapt onto the dancefloor to be the first person to reach the latest eliminated celeb on Strictly :LOL:

• Haha

lizzolyn

VIP Member

My first piece of advice for Lauren would be to distance herself from Kevin because that post is.........:sick:

If she wins strictly he'll be expecting her to thank him! :LOL:

• Haha

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Just seen Otti has been nominated as best talent show judge for dancing on ice at the NTA’s. Not quite sure how she blagged that it was her first go and she was pretty awful!
Well, she’s up against Motsi and Sheridan Smith so… slim pickings there.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

nicalibres

VIP Member
The past few years it’s all been very nice, we’re all one big happy family tale. I do miss there being different personalities instead of just carbon copies of each other. This is how I don’t like seeing Nadiya getting stick for being quiet or boring just because she isn’t jumping up and down shouting and screaming trying to get her air time in like the other girls.
Omg this! I hate that if you’re not an extrovert you automatically don’t have a personality.

I like Nadiya and Luba because they’re just themselves and don’t try to force or fake anything.

Reactions: 13