Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Got to see the pro tour at the weekend myself and had a wonderful time.

The only cons that I would have is that I saw some of the tour clips on socials so I already knew what was coming for the some of the numbers and there was a bit too much talking in between segments. I feel like if you want a non stop dance show then the Burn the floor would be the way to go; it would still a good show all the same.

Highlights of the show: Tribute to the mums dance; Movie week dances; Britpop megamix.

The pros which seemed to be the most popular were: Graziano, Dianne and Kai.

Reactions: 4
Pro tour was great! Everyone was fab but I think on the whole I preferred the 2019 show. Nothing to do with which pros were performing, but just this show felt like it had less light and shade with the routines - fewer quieter, moodier moments and more full on FUN dances for most of the show. But there was this fabulous contemporary/ballroom routine that was a tribute to their mums which was my favourite - would have liked a wee bit more of that sort of thing to mix it up a bit more

And it felt like there were WAY more chatty segments, which is fine but I personally found some of them a bit cringy, and went on for far too long

A brief mention of why Cameron wasn't there ('travel issues'), but Arduino got to say a bit and also got his own page in the programme too
Did Arduino come on clutching a BAFTA, wrapped in a BAFTA flag, and screaming 'duck the deaf!!'? That sounds typical of him.

Apparently Gio is joking on stage that he will definitely get a duffer and go out early this year..

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Pro tour was great! Everyone was fab but I think on the whole I preferred the 2019 show. Nothing to do with which pros were performing, but just this show felt like it had less light and shade with the routines - fewer quieter, moodier moments and more full on FUN dances for most of the show. But there was this fabulous contemporary/ballroom routine that was a tribute to their mums which was my favourite - would have liked a wee bit more of that sort of thing to mix it up a bit more

And it felt like there were WAY more chatty segments, which is fine but I personally found some of them a bit cringy, and went on for far too long

A brief mention of why Cameron wasn't there ('travel issues'), but Arduino got to say a bit and also got his own page in the programme too

My favourite bits (tried to put in spoilers but didn't work so just scroll past if you're still to see it):

the mum tribute, a great cha cha group routine, the thousand years routine that Gorka and Karen led, Katya and Luba's Defying Gravity routine and Gorka and Nadiya doing the Into the Unknown dance he did with Maisie - weirdly, I didn't like these last two much on the TV, but they worked so much better on the stage. Also, the finale was this great tribute to British pop - super cheesy but so high energy and was a fantastic finish
you mean it wasn’t the Kai and Nadiya Show? <gasps>

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Did Arduino come on clutching a BAFTA, wrapped in a BAFTA flag, and screaming 'duck the deaf!!'? That sounds typical of him.

Apparently Gio is joking on stage that he will definitely get a duffer and go out early this year..
The fact they mention Arduino choreographed ✨the routine✨ in his tour programme interview makes me think those Gio fans are going to start burning all copies in protest

Reactions: 1
The Rio fans on twitter are still convinced they are a thing but being very private.
I’m here for the carnage when they realize they got played for votes and engagement 👀👀

• Haha
Slightly off Strictly topic but what’s prompted John Whaites post about his boyfriend today? Seemed a weird post but I couldn’t find anything that might have prompted it .. is it just people questioning why he never posts about him? I thought the wording was weird.. how we define what is our relationship is ours alone.. 🤨🤷🏼‍♀️

Slightly off Strictly topic but what’s prompted John Whaites post about his boyfriend today? Seemed a weird post but I couldn’t find anything that might have prompted it .. is it just people questioning why he never posts about him? I thought the wording was weird.. how we define what is our relationship is ours alone.. 🤨🤷🏼‍♀️
Probably had tabloid vultures sniffing around him.

Reactions: 1
Just seen Otti has been nominated as best talent show judge for dancing on ice at the NTA’s. Not quite sure how she blagged that it was her first go and she was pretty awful!

Reactions: 2
Just seen Otti has been nominated as best talent show judge for dancing on ice at the NTA’s. Not quite sure how she blagged that it was her first go and she was pretty awful!
Well, she’s up against Motsi and Sheridan Smith so… slim pickings there.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Pretty much every reality judge is in that long list. It’s unlikely she’d make the short list and if she did I doubt she’d win. I’ve not seen her vote beg anyway only her husband possibly because her sister and former colleagues are also in that list. The Oti Mabuse fan club isn’t really that big in comparison to the strictly or bake off fan club.

Reactions: 5
Pretty much every reality judge is in that long list. It’s unlikely she’d make the short list and if she did I doubt she’d win. I’ve not seen her vote beg anyway only her husband possibly because her sister and former colleagues are also in that list. The Oti Mabuse fan club isn’t really that big in comparison to the strictly or bake off fan club.
Is Anton on the list? I'd like to see him win.

Is Anton on the list? I'd like to see him win.
He is, but it’s called long list for a reason! There’s 29 on there.
I think it’s basically anyone who has ever judges anything in the last year.

1. Adam Lambert, Starstruck

2. Alesha Dixon, Britain’s Got Talent I Walk The Line

3. Amanda Holden, Britain’s Got Talent

4. Anton Du Beke, Strictly Come Dancing

5. Ashley Banjo, Dancing on Ice

6. Beverley Knight, Starstruck

7. Craig David, Walk The Line

8. Craig Revel Horwood, Strictly Come Dancing

9. Danny Jones, The Voice Kids

10. David Walliams, Britain’s Got Talent

11. Davina McCall, The Masked Singer I The Masked Dancer

12. Dawn French, Walk The Line

13. DJ Target, The Rap Game UK

14. Gary Barlow, Walk The Line

15. Jason Manford, Starstruck

16. Jonathan Ross, The Masked Singer I The Masked Dancer

17. Krept and Konan, The Rap Game UK

18. Melanie C, The Voice Kids

19. Mo Gilligan, The Masked Singer I The Masked Dancer

20. Motsi Mabuse, Strictly Come Dancing

21. Oti Mabuse, Dancing on Ice I The Masked Dancer

22. Pixie Lott, The Voice Kids

23. Rita Ora, The Masked Singer

24. RuPaul, RuPaul’s Drag Race UK

25. Sheridan Smith, Starstruck

26. Shirley Ballas, Strictly Come Dancing

27. Simon Cowell, Britain’s Got Talent

28. Torvill & Dean, Dancing on Ice

29. will.i.am, The Voice Kids

• Haha
He is, but it’s called long list for a reason! There’s 29 on there.
I think it’s basically anyone who has ever judges anything in the last year.

1. Adam Lambert, Starstruck

2. Alesha Dixon, Britain’s Got Talent I Walk The Line

3. Amanda Holden, Britain’s Got Talent

4. Anton Du Beke, Strictly Come Dancing

5. Ashley Banjo, Dancing on Ice

6. Beverley Knight, Starstruck

7. Craig David, Walk The Line

8. Craig Revel Horwood, Strictly Come Dancing

9. Danny Jones, The Voice Kids

10. David Walliams, Britain’s Got Talent

11. Davina McCall, The Masked Singer I The Masked Dancer

12. Dawn French, Walk The Line

13. DJ Target, The Rap Game UK

14. Gary Barlow, Walk The Line

15. Jason Manford, Starstruck

16. Jonathan Ross, The Masked Singer I The Masked Dancer

17. Krept and Konan, The Rap Game UK

18. Melanie C, The Voice Kids

19. Mo Gilligan, The Masked Singer I The Masked Dancer

20. Motsi Mabuse, Strictly Come Dancing

21. Oti Mabuse, Dancing on Ice I The Masked Dancer

22. Pixie Lott, The Voice Kids

23. Rita Ora, The Masked Singer

24. RuPaul, RuPaul’s Drag Race UK

25. Sheridan Smith, Starstruck

26. Shirley Ballas, Strictly Come Dancing

27. Simon Cowell, Britain’s Got Talent

28. Torvill & Dean, Dancing on Ice

29. will.i.am, The Voice Kids
That really is everybody 🤣

• Haha
The show she presents is awful and her presenting skills don't leave much to be desired either.

Tbf, I think most of the judges listed there are pretty bad. Out of that list I'd say maybe Anton, Craig or RuPaul, plus Paul or Prue if I missed them somehow.

The long lists are hilarious- Romeo and Duet is on there, despite being panned almost universally, and I notice Rose is on the acting list despite taking a long break from EE last year.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.