Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also it could be quite plausible that there was a suite booked for both of them to get ready in as they would have to have make-up artists etc coming in. And that one/neither of them slept there!

Anyway I am enjoying the meltdown, though tbh I actually feel bad for LadyLavender, ostracised from her own thread, and no posts since Saturday!
Seems the more likely reason as Gio, Rose and Tobi (her interpreter) all got ready in the same suite from the insta stories I saw.

Reactions: 2
Also it could be quite plausible that there was a suite booked for both of them to get ready in as they would have to have make-up artists etc coming in. And that one/neither of them slept there!

Anyway I am enjoying the meltdown, though tbh I actually feel bad for LadyLavender, ostracised from her own thread, and no posts since Saturday!
I think that Rose lives in London (Hayes) so maybe she just got a taxi home or was even picked up by her boyfriend, heaven forbid he may actually have been there. That would not suit the narrative of those nutters who post on the AT thread though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I think that Rose lives in London (Hayes) so maybe she just got a taxi home or was even picked up by her boyfriend, heaven forbid he may actually have been there. That would not suit the narrative of those nutters who post on the AT thread though.
Honestly, the minute anyone calls their chosen pair ‘our couple’ it’s time to back silently away and shut the door.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Looks like Tommy Cannon is wanting to do it:

At 84, would the BBC really be signing him? Does beg the question of what age they are willing to cast, would be interesting to have someone over 55 but there is a difference between a 65 year old and someone over 80.

Reactions: 1
Looks like Tommy Cannon is wanting to do it:

At 84, would the BBC really be signing him? Does beg the question of what age they are willing to cast, would be interesting to have someone over 55 but there is a difference between a 65 year old and someone over 80.
I’ve got no idea about his general health/fitness, but I really don’t think they’d take the risk with an 84 year old. Tony Jacklin, Jimmy Tarbuck & Lesley Joseph were roughly 15-20 years younger than that when they did it (66, 69 & 70), and I think Johnny Ball was 74, but mid-80s seems pretty risky. After all the health problems/injuries of the last few years, it’d be dicey. I’d have to watch through my fingers!

Cloris Leachman did US DWTS at 82 (partnered with Shirley’s ex-husband), but from the clips I’ve seen they relied on comedy routines that even Anton would have been too ashamed to try: there’s a whole bit in their ‘jive’ (it’s really not a jive, it’s just silly walking) which is ‘urgh, your ass smells bad’.

Last edited:
Bruno has QUIT Strictly to concentrate as a judge on the US version

I suppose that’s not really a surprise. I don’t see how he could have gone back to doing both, what with the travel it takes for him to do both shows and the need to take a week off from Strictly mid series … really he did quite well for them to accommodate him for as long as they did! He lives in the States so it was always on the cards

talk of Helen Skelton
Really? She did a Christmas Special a bit back with Artem and she wasn’t all that 😊

edit:
that was 2012 apparently. Yikes.
can’t see her as getting much better in 10 years (10 years <sobs>).

Reactions: 1
talk of Helen Skelton

I think at this stage it’s mostly a combination of tabloids throwing random names out there (on the odds that a few of them will ultimately be right), and agents of people who’d like to do it planting seeds to try and drum up a bit of interest and hopefully a call from the bbc.

Bruno has QUIT Strictly to concentrate as a judge on the US version

More like the BBC wanted Anton back and told Bruno he could say he quit rather than be revealed he was replaced. Anton much cheaper and far more likeable and far less annoying than Bruno was in the last few years.

Reactions: 16
I really like Anton as a judge (much more than as a dancer) and after seeing Bruno at the tour I was hoping he was replaced so that’s a win.

Reactions: 10
Poor Bruno (but not really!). I wonder if he will get any sort of 'best of' compilation send off? It would have been a travesty not to make Anton permanent after such a good debut last year.

Reactions: 7
Bruno made his choice in 2020 and it was obvious he probably wouldn’t ever be back so to have Anton confirmed as permanent judge is fantastic.

Reactions: 12
I remember there being articles around Christmas claiming Bruno was coming back and Anton would have to be a pro again and I’m relieved that’s not the case. Bruno stopped contributed anything decent to the show long before the pandemic and I’m not sad to see him move on.

Anton had a great first year, gave really good feedback and genuinely cared about the couples. Hopefully, Craig and Shirley can move beyond the snide comments/looks they sometimes threw his way and up their own game to deliver decent judging compared to the panto act that was Bruno.

Reactions: 8
The sad twit that is Jake Quickenden is on his usual Strictly beg on his Twitter account. The bloke is soooo desperate and is now implying he doesn’t get asked to do Strictly cos he did DOI 🤦🏻‍♀️ He has basically been tagging the show, BBC, the dancers, the judges, in fact anyone or anything to do with the show, on and off for months saying how much he loves it, how he wants to be on it and how good he’d be 🙄 He doesn’t seem to understand there are many many zlisters above him on the scale of things. He ever gets on it, I will definitely be switching off 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Jake Quickenden and Alex Murphy who used to be a pro on dancing on ice are both come across very beggy on social media. Both of them keep mentioning wanting to do strictly at any opportunity.

Reactions: 7
Jake Quickenden and Alex Murphy who used to be a pro on dancing on ice are both come across very beggy on social media. Both of them keep mentioning wanting to do strictly at any opportunity.
I’m sure Strictly can manage better than an ex pro ice skater and a desperado that will basically go on any reality show he can, just to get on TV and increase his insta followers 😂 I mean if these 2 are classed as ‘celebs’, maybe I’ve got a chance 😂

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.