Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
LadyLav must have come down with something to permit the amount of shipping going on in the AT. They have now decided that Rose has dumped her bf for Gio, and that one of the many pieces of evidence is that he lent her his jacket last night and has his arm across her 'backless dress'. The AJ/Kai lot are probably thanking their lucky stars that their lunacy is being put in the shade..

1652106401478.png

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Another favourite from last series - Sara declaring how much she loves her fantastically supportive husband, then cut to ...her whipping a bondage-clad Aljaz 😂
Also Tom getting all emotional about his sister before his CC and it really sounded like she was dying or had died but no, she was just in a musical.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
LadyLav must have come down with something to permit the amount of shipping going on in the AT. They have now decided that Rose has dumped her bf for Gio, and that one of the many pieces of evidence is that he lent her his jacket last night and has his arm across her 'backless dress'. The AJ/Kai lot are probably thanking their lucky stars that their lunacy is being put in the shade..

View attachment 1254300
Oh I don't know. Mad though the Rio theories are, at least they are based on interactions between two people occasionally in close physical proximity with each other months after Strictly ended whereas, as far as I can see, AJ and Kai have barely even been in the same county at the same time since Strictly and their whole relationship has been judged on SM interactions! I think the Rio shipping is going to have to ramp up the psychotic fantasy level quite a bit to hit the levels of delusion seen in KJ's thread.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Even AJ & Kai’s VT was a visit to her Blackburn roots and family then straight into table/lap dancing 🙈

Reactions: 5
Picture of Johannes and John after the BAFTA's last night; imagine if this was a female/male partnership and what attention/backlash they would get from this picture when one half of them is in a relationship?? :unsure:

Top comment in the DM sums it up for me:

View attachment 1254160
...I really don't think so. Lots of gay guys act like that with their friends. I really doubt it means anything.

It's not really comparable to a male/female relationship, because society has much more deeply engrained ideas about what is appropriate vs inappropriate in a male/female platonic relationship. So many people consider it disrespectful to spend any one on one time with anyone of the opposite sex if you're in a relationship - look at the way people went nuts about Rose and Gio going out to dinner for her birthday until it was revealed that her boyfriend was there too. Hell, lots of people even still have the attitude that men and women can't be friends at all. And in straight relationships it's uncommon to remain friends with an ex (just google 'is it ok to invite my ex to my wedding?' and see most of the responses are emphatically negative.) That's not really a thing for gays, and especially lesbians, unless it's a bad breakup, because the circle's just too small, you'd run out of friends that can hang out together if everyone wanted to avoid their exes. 😂

Reactions: 3
...I really don't think so. Lots of gay guys act like that with their friends. I really doubt it means anything.

It's not really comparable to a male/female relationship, because society has much more deeply engrained ideas about what is appropriate vs inappropriate in a male/female platonic relationship. So many people consider it disrespectful to spend any one on one time with anyone of the opposite sex if you're in a relationship - look at the way people went nuts about Rose and Gio going out to dinner for her birthday until it was revealed that her boyfriend was there too. Hell, lots of people even still have the attitude that men and women can't be friends at all. And in straight relationships it's uncommon to remain friends with an ex (just google 'is it ok to invite my ex to my wedding?' and see most of the responses are emphatically negative.) That's not really a thing for gays, and especially lesbians, unless it's a bad breakup, because the circle's just too small, you'd run out of friends that can hang out together if everyone wanted to avoid their exes. 😂
I was just pointing out the fact that its unfair to opposite sex couples that even if they're standing close to one another then they must be dating! If a female pro and a male celeb and vice versa did that then they would be headline news.

View attachment 1254300
lol, I had to laugh when he had his arm around her walking up to the stage. It looked more like he was helping an old lady across the road than a romantic embrace, but of course it's got the shippers going mad. 😂

Reactions: 2
I was just pointing out the fact that its unfair to opposite sex couples that even if they're standing close to one another then they must be dating! If a female pro and a male celeb and vice versa did that then they would be headline news.
Yeah, fair enough. Unfortunately that's the ridiculous standard society has set for itself. That attitude's probably starting to get less common, though, at least.

Though, you did say you agreed with the DM comment saying that Johannes has unrequited feelings for John, and I was responding to that. I really don't see anything about their behaviour that seems unusual for gay friends.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Joe and Dianne were constantly papped on the strictly tour after it was confirmed they were together. It’s been almost 4 years now, people don’t really care about them let’s be honest. I don’t know why people act like the strictly pros being papped is a new thing when it’s been happening for years yet no one said anything about it until it was Kai and Nadiya 😂
No of course and most likely been publicity back then too, I’m not criticising them just can’t understand why any paps would be following them to Starbucks 🤣 any publicity is good publicity but just own it!

Joe and Dianne aren’t a new couple though- they’ve been together a few years, share a lot of content together (more than most due to their online presence) and there was extra attention for Kai due to all the AJ rumours that people ran with. It’s not to say they aren’t, I’ve no idea, just that there’s more tabloid interest from K&N I’d have thought just now.
That’s a fair point, I guess the DS drama will have driven some attention too

Yeah this is what the DS lot are going mad about as 'confirmation':
PR teams don’t make throwaway spur of the moment comments like that as it’s the opposite of what they are designed to do regardless of emotions getting swept away in the moment. I’m sure if Gio or Rose wanted that removed they would’ve done by now especially as she is Gio’s PR.

I wonder if this drip feeding is a ingenious way of spoon feeding us without coming out and point blank saying it - if they do receive any media backlash from it then it’s an easy recoil to say neither Rose & Gio have cemented anything and they technically haven’t confirmed anything either - it’s just very cryptic which I don’t think they would do if there is zero story.

Yeah, fair enough. Unfortunately that's the ridiculous standard society has set for itself. That attitude's probably starting to get less common, though, at least.

Though, you did say you agreed with the DM comment saying that Johannes has unrequited feelings for John, and I was responding to that. I really don't see anything about their behaviour that seems unusual for gay friends.
I just think Johannes is more 'friendlier' with John and more into him than just a normal platonic friendship; just as the picture suggests. Just my opinion.

I wonder if for Strictly this last couple of years with the whole bubbling thing has meant the partnerships have been more intense? It’s definitely seemed very worthy.
You did a tango to Highway to Hell covered in red paint in a pleather waistcoat, love. It’s not the Bolshoi.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I wonder if for Strictly this last couple of years with the whole bubbling thing has meant the partnerships have been more intense? It’s definitely seemed very worthy.
You did a tango to Highway to Hell covered in red paint in a pleather waistcoat, love. It’s not the Bolshoi.
Spat out my wine. Hear, hear! 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.