Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
There is a poster on the Aj and Mollie one who posted quite recently that she had ‘made peace’ with them not being together and the proceeded to lay into Mollie’s fiancée (and her tbh) like she knew them. Honey, it’s time to move on 😆

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
Honestly, I think Dan and Rose's other halves know that reality TV is basically an acting job.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
The Jay McGuiness AT could veer towards several shades of crazy, too.
As could the AJ and Mollie one. I backed gently out the door when they started analysing car interiors and position of the sun in different photos.
Especially as I’d seen more chemistry between a couple of wet dishrags.

• Haha

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
Another favourite from last series - Sara declaring how much she loves her fantastically supportive husband, then cut to ...her whipping a bondage-clad Aljaz 😂
Also Tom getting all emotional about his sister before his CC and it really sounded like she was dying or had died but no, she was just in a musical.

• Haha

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
I'm going to see the pro tour this evening so will report back if anyone's interested in a review. If I make it back that is, seeing as all the late trains in Glasgow have been cancelled 😩

• Sad

glasgow27

VIP Member
This, but I do think they need a really dynamic dancer. Oti had sparkle, Katya does to an extent but the other female pros are really kind of meh.
Amen to that! For some reason, they've stuck with this lineup consistently since 2017 but it's the worst female pro lineup they've had. Katya & Oti were the only star pros. Think Jowita could be good but they didn't give her a partner last year. Nadiya is a great dancer and I hope she gets a contender after Dan but I feel she does fade into the background if not given a decent dancer or someone really popular. Amy, Karen, Luba and Dianne (post Joe) do nothing for me.

I kinda long for the days where we had Ola, Flavia, Aliona, Kristina etc.

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
Spoilers are posted in a spoiler tag on here, but some of the time it can be implied who was voted out so it depends.
Yes they are in spoilers but it was funny when Tom was eliminated as it was pretty obvious who had left without his name being mentioned as some people were incapable of hiding their sheer joy and euphoria that he had finally gone

• Haha

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
Just seen that Maisie has been cast as Fran in the Strictly Ballroom tour opposite Kevin Clifton. Yay for Maisie and I'm sure she'll be fab, but that nearly 20 year age gap between them is a big ick

Can obviously see why they would cast Kevin but I think he's a bit old to be playing twentysomethings (saying this as someone in their 40s)

Open-door

I wonder if Neil is being lined up as the new Anton- gets the older ladies, doesnt set the dance floor alight, not a threat.
Would secure his spot for the next few years
Trouble is he's really not as amusing as Anton. I hardly see the 'older' ladies clamouring to be partnered with him, whereas Anton, though he had his detractors, was always very popular with a lot of regular viewers. Aljaz was really the better Anton replacement and they've lost him.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
He's actually worse than Giovanni!

Should love pics like these, but just not feeling it at all with him. Just feels ick inducing.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 10

dee_mc

VIP Member
In the last few years, Karen has become one of my favourite pros, and I used to find her quite annoying. Since she split with Kevin she's become way more chilled and less try-hard and just seems like a really kind, patient teacher

Ballroom is definitely her weak point but her Latin, contemporary and street dance is great and she is mesmerising to watch live

(Also love how she now seems to be completely over Shirley's bs and just rolls her eyes whenever she has an obvious dig at her)
I like Karen in recent years too. I just can't compute how she was ever married to King Kev.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Screenshot_20220723-215133.png

Sweaty Ukrainians, now this is the kinda picture I am going to enjoy.

Also thank you Karim Zeroual for this of Nikita in his t shirt and socks looking scruffy, but cute and having amazing legs.

Screenshot_20220723-215154.png

• Heart
  • Wow

Pink P

So it’s all about the celeb and pro combo that make a partnership work, unless it’s a popular partnership involving Nadiya in which case it has nothing to do with her 😂

I personally found the AJ and Kai showmance and the lunatic shippers far more cringe.
I am afraid I loved the Nadiya and Dan partnership, it was lovely to see Nadiya come out of her shell and just be naturally funny.