Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

aplaceicantsee

I'm all for some light criticism of Ruby but sometimes you guys project your own issues SO MUCH.

I'm genuinely sorry some of you had shitty childhoods / experiences at uni / whatever else but it doesn't mean that everyone else deserves to have a shit time to match it?! If she wants to go home whenever she wants to then so what? I know some people can't for money reasons / jobs or whatever which sucks - I've been there too and been so desperate to go home but if other people can and want to then I'm not fussed! Sometimes some of the posts on this thread deep everything so much - in the same way that we shouldn't and couldn't all live like Ruby, not everyone can or should live like you either.

Different people are different - some people love going to see their family, others aren't fussed. I've had times where I've gone home on back to back weekends (due to MH, but it literally doesn't matter why, doesn't need a reason) and others when I've spent whole terms away from home. I'm well-adjusted, doing my seconds degree, have plenty of friends and all that jazz, and still love to see my family. It's not a negative whatever you do as long as it suits you!

• Heart
Reactions: 93

gossip_guy

VIP Member
It's a new week, which - shockingly - brings a new video from Ruby. We're apparently in for a real treat, if Ruby's Insta story is to be believed:

Untitlnned.jpg

She's apparently been working on this video for a long while. The inference being that she doesn't put any effort into her videos usually, which, while obvious to anyone with eyes or ears, is nice to see her vaguely admit.

She throws up a 'see no evil' monkey emoji, which to Ruby could mean anything from 'I paid so little attention while editing that I haven't seen any of this video myself yet, I wonder how it turned out?' to 'I was pepper-sprayed moments ago'. The one thing it likely doesn't mean is that she's embarrassed by whatever she's crapped out onto her channel today. Self-awareness and shame elude Ruby like a greased ferret; maybe one day she'll get a firm hold of them.

The first thing we notice is that this video is sixteen fucking minutes long.

Untitlnnjed.jpg

Ruby is constantly apologising for her vlogs being too long at circa 10 minutes in length and truncates them into pointless, half-assed montages and exposition as a result, but she's happy to make a video nearly double that if it's nothing but body-checking footage.

The insane battle cry of "HELLO IT'S ROOBEE!" comes in at twice the volume as usual, contrasted by the distracting static background noise. This might seem like inconsistent sound levels, but that can't be the case - Ruby said she'd put a lot of time into this video, unlike her others. With twice the effort comes DOUBLE THE VOLUME.

While it might seem to the untrained ear to be terrible audio production, the manic screaming of Ruby announcing that she has arrived in a video posted on a channel devoted entirely to videos featuring only her, over the crackling noise of static, is an aural metaphor for how we should all rise above the mundanity of life and be the main character in not just our own story, but everyone else's, too.

Untihhtlnnjed.jpg

"This follows a lot of questions that I have?...GOT?...over the past year about the clothes that I wear," Ruby claims as she squints in pained confusion, seemingly suspicious of her own stilted words and alien cadence, as if her sentences were being spoken by at least four people inhabiting the same brain.

Who asked these questions? Other students? The fashion police? Concerned bystanders worried that there may be a roving, escaped mental patient roaming the streets when they see Ruby wandering Exeter dressed like a deranged, time-travelling Halloween skeleton? Ruby never reveals these secrets, and it's not just because nobody asked for this and it was borne of Ruby's narcissism and need to inflict her body-checking on people, not at all.

After a barrage of old, recycled footage of Ruby dressed like she's robbed the lost and found of several museums and put on stolen clothing items from multiple eras of history all at once, she shows herself knocking on the wall and listening for signs of life.

Untihhtlnnllljed.jpg

This is presumably Ruby checking that Blakeney is still alive after she was sealed in the crawlspace as punishment for defying Ruby's mandatory schedule for them both.

After a scattered glimpse into Ruby's insanity, it's time for her to reveal her outfit essentials.

But wait! "When I say essentials, it does NOT mean that these items are essential," Ruby says passive-aggressively, with a forced, cheerful grimace. She's quit the stern Harrison Ford finger-pointing, but like a smoker chewing gum to help them kick the habit, Ruby has replaced one compulsive hand gesture with another.

She now punctuates each word by grasping at the air, like she's catching the precious dust permeating her room, or rehearsing to play a cartoon Italian chef. 👌

Unkljed.jpg

"These-a outfits, they so-a bella, no? 👌Ahh, they just-a like-a my mamma used-a to make, eh? 👌" Ruby probably said in her first, discarded take of this, as accordion music played in the background.

We never actually see the gun being pointed at Ruby's head by the person who forced Ruby to put the word "essentials" in her video title even though it is apparently so irrelevant to her video that she felt the need to snarkily pre-empt any negative comments, but this armed captor must be around there somewhere. Otherwise, why would she do it? Clickbait? The ego-centric need to assert the things she does, owns and wears as the ideal default that everyone should strive to imitate? Ruby would never... (Psst, it's totally that.)

I guess if she removed the word "essentials" from the title, nobody would know what the video were about, huh? I mean, "Outfit Ideas & What I Wear in a Week *dark academia*"? What's that video about? Lawn care tips? The history of Soviet Russia? Who knows? And how is Ruby supposed to know that there are words like "staples", "mainstays" or "basics" that are closer to what she claims she wants the word "essentials" to mean? It's not like she's a third year English lit student and self-professed bookworm or something. God, people, get off her back!

Ruby stresses that she was very hesitant to upload this video as she would never want to encourage anyone to buy clothes or things they couldn't afford or didn't need. This despite constantly advertising and lying about expensive products and clothes being her favourite things, even though she never uses them, in order to convince impressionable children and cash-strapped students to buy them.

Unhhkljed.jpg

Ruby even put up a disclaimer. See! So thoughtful and diligent. Ruby recognises that she's in a privileged position to be able to shop and pay for all the things she owns - the heavy implication being that she actually bought and paid for the things she owns, neglecting to mention that most of it was gifted to her by brands she advertises.

"I wouldn't say there's a name for my style," say Ruby, because she's unique and special, before immediately claiming that her style is totally 📚📖DARK ACADEMIA📖📚 Ruby stutters over the word - "acad--d--EEmia" - as though having to remind herself not to keep pronouncing it wrong.

She then shows the wardrobe item that best showcases her "dark academia" style, and perfectly encapsulates the aesthetic: the long nights of obsessive studying; the murder, mystery and intrigue; the allure and danger of secret societies; the privileged decadence behind ivy-covered boarding school walls...

Unhhhhkljed.jpg

A tan-coloured kitty beret.

The epitome of 📚📖DARK ACADEMIA📖📚and not at all exactly the hat you'd expect the snooty rich girl bully in a middle school kid's movie to wear.

Unoojed (1).jpg

Ruby shows the full outfit, which is an ensemble worn only when you are scheduled to go fox hunting but desperately need to pay exorbitant amounts for your student food shopping first (Waitrose pictured in background).

Ruby claims she's been wearing the dark academia style since she was 12, which she proves by showing several outfits that are decidedly nothing like the aesthetic.

Unoojed.jpg

In Ruby's mind, a collared shirt, a cardigan, a blazer or some shorts makes any outfit fit the dark academia aesthetic.

Again, Ruby worked on this video for a long time. We're reminded of this by her inability to create any kind of suitable title inserts for the video, and learning video editing skills would take time and effort, so she just scribbles on a back issue of The New Yorker instead.

Uiied.jpg

Oh, wait, she's not done...

Uiillled.jpg

Ruby got bored of ruining her prized back issues and decided to waste some blank paper, too, for a miss-matched style that looks both low effort and low quality. Lots of time and effort spent on this video, and it's all there to be seen on-screen.

From here on, it's just a lifeless Ruby fashion show, and I'm not going to give her the benefit of reposting all her body-checking bullshit images here, so we'll just focus on the standout stupidity.

Of all her daft tops, Ruby's favourite item at the moment is her Aesthetic London blouse, which was gifted to her, though she makes zero mention of this because she paid for everything, remember?

It's hand-made and "super sustainable", as opposed to regular sustainable - Ruby never clarifies the difference, but considering her definition of "sustainability" is "be as wasteful as possible", it's anyone's guess.

She loves it so much that she couldn't be bothered to iron it, or more likely just doesn't know how.

Uiillle;;d.jpg

Although her undeclared free advertising is in vain, as she gets the name wrong and calls the company "Aesthetica London". Whoops! No more free blouses for you, Rubes! You're on the naughty list!

Ruby should have gotten the name right, since she saw fit to include them in the products list of her description, where she says they're non-affiliate links, but again avoids mentioning that it was a gifted product.

Ukih.jpg

Onto the bottoms, and Ruby loves her "beige checked-shecked shhkirt" - has Ruby been supping upon that demon ethanol, or could she just not be bothered to rerecord the line after fumbling over her words? It can't be the latter - don't forget, she spent so much time on this masterwork!

She loves a tweed jacket as it's "so easy to throw on top of anything". That's generally how all jackets work, Rubes.

After filming most of her outfits in front of the same white wall in her house, Ruby's decided that this room isn't quite filthy enough, and her unwashed, unironed clothes weren't dirty enough, and decided to just throw her clothes on the dusty, unwashed rug in one of the many other grimy rooms of her house.

Uilillle;;d.jpg

Ruby claims that all the items she shows are all of the same style, and all the same colour palette, which explains a lot about her always looking like she got dressed in the dark using clothes from the attic of disgraced Tory royal.

In Ruby's mind, a yellow rubber rain hat, a tweed jacket, a school blouse with half a cape hanging off it for some reason, a priest's stole with a cat on it, a pair of blue shorts and some Doc Martins would make a cohesive outfit.

Ruby spends what feels like five years rambling about how her choice to not wear jeans is fine and people should accept it, even though Ruby's the one who keeps going on about it. This insane diatribe is soundtracked by random, soothing piano music and is punctuated by some old, silent footage of Ruby yelling at the camera like a lunatic:

Uilikkllhle;;d.jpg

Thanks to the joys of lip reading, we can tell that Ruby says: "YOU ARE NOT MY MOTHER!" Evidently her mother really wanted Ruby to start wearing jeans on the day in question, I guess.

Ruby constantly mentions that the clothes she insists on wearing "crease very easily". Unfortunately there are no inventions yet created to remove creases from clothes, but modern science and technology may one day provide a breakthrough.

While Ruby's trying on everything she owns, all of it unwashed and unironed, we hear heavy coughing in the background. Ruby put a lot of time and effort into this video, don't forget, so there must be a reasonable explanation for her including the distracting, disconcerting sounds of her mother hacking up a lung in an adjoining room.

Uilikkkllhle;;d.jpg

Ruby stares ahead with cold, dead eyes, showing no visible concern that her mother is seemingly dying from the 'rona nearby. Maybe if Mother Granger hadn't pressured Ruby to wear jeans, she might be a bit more worried.

"YOU--and you will have a lot of these items, I think, in your wardrobe already." Sure, hold on Rubes, let me grab my Paddington Bear hat and Sherlock Holmes coat to pair with my kitten collar and random ascot. They're around here somewhere.

After Ruby's seemingly endless body-checking fashion show of creased, dusty shit she had in her wardrobe/attic, she runs out of footage and does her new favourite thing of grafting a completely different video onto it. It's time for a 'What I Wore in a Week' bonus video!

"It's important to normalise wearing outfits regularly," Ruby says, having clearly not interacted with a social group for any period of time to see that this is already completely normalised. Outside of celebrities, fashion shows and fictional TV shows, wearing the same outfits or items of clothing is completely normal, and almost everyone happily does it without judgment.

Most people can't afford to buy shit they never wear, or get endless clothes for free from brands. For all Ruby's lip-service disclaimers, she is clearly out of touch with reality and has no perspective outside her own bubble of privilege.

She punctuates her pointless, unwarranted ramble with her new favourite compulsive hand gesture:

Uilikkkkllhle;;d.png

360_F_370441861_hOEJW4Vf9H3Tx9hzTIJfaU8420xKIQap.jpg

"I cycle to campus," Ruby says smugly, despite this being something we've never seen her do, and her taking no bicycle to uni with her.

She must be telling the truth, though, as her Monday outfit to cycle to campus through the busy streets of Exeter includes what is most definitely a bike helmet:

Uilikkhle;;d.png

Her Tuesday outfit includes her "ASS-thetica London" sailor neck top. Aesthetic London will most definitely stop sending Ruby things now for advertising this random brand instead of theirs.

It's important to wear something nice, Ruby says, because this means you're telling yourself that the day is worth something. Ruby rambles about normalising the things important to her own sheltered imagination, but if anyone else wear the things they like and are comfortable in, their day is meaningless.

If you're a labourer wearing jeans and a high-vis jacket or a nurse wearing hospital scrubs? Your day of stressful, hard work and back-breaking labour was a complete waste and served no purpose, because you weren't dressed like a quail-hunting French pirate. Learn from Ruby instead - we need to normalise wearing only the things that Ruby likes, so that everyone can feel as productive as her.

Uilihhkkhle;;d.jpg

"I also ALWAYS wear this scarf, like, every single outfit I will wear this week I'll wear it with," Ruby says, because wild, embellished lies are second nature to her. She couldn't just say "I like this scarf a lot and wear it fairly often recently", it has to be "I ALWAYS [Insert thing Ruby never does]".

Out of curiosity, I looked over her Instagram, and this scarf that she
ALWAYS wears is worn in zero outfits for at least the past several months. And contrary to her claiming to wear it with every single outfit that week, it only appears that one time.

Speaking of lies, Ruby bemoans that - before buying some expensive ones - her tights used to get ladders in them and she had to throw them away immediately. This despite her going through an embarrassingly long period of wearing torn, laddered tights in most of her sponsored posts. But if you're going to buy sustainable tights, they have to be wool. Because Ruby's definitely vegan, honest.

And because lies are the order of the day on Ruby's menu of life, note how she only has one outfit for each day, despite all her dubious claims that she changes her outfits numerous times a day whenever she makes a 'daily routine' video that's blatantly filmed across multiple days. Where are all the random mid-day outfit changes here, Rubes?

"Where do I get my clothes from?" Ruby asks herself.
Uilihhkd.jpg

"I buy my stuff second-hand," she lies, with an 'Isn't it obvious? Don't you wish you could be as wonderful as me?' smug shrug.

No mention of all the Miss Patina fast fashion. No mention of the John Lewis tights. No mention of the sheer abundance of gifted clothing, including the Aethetic London top that she tries to name-drop twice in this video.

Ruby preaches about sustainability while only lying about practicing it herself, and has and will continue to advertise clothing brands as long as they're willing to give her free clothes and/or money.

Uih.jpg

Her false preachiness causes her to fall off the stern pointing wagon as she stressed that we must take care of our clothes, just as Ruby does by soiling them, staining them, rubbing them all over the filth-covered floors of her home, then shoving them unwashed in a cupboard to be ravaged by dust and moths.

After an ad for gifted laundry soap, which Ruby clearly never uses, that's all for another video.

The effort on display here was definitely evident - no second takes, no consistent audio, all recorded in two locations across a couple of afternoons at most, all in a clothing video containing no cleaned, ironed clothes. Ruby's done it again! Another masterpiece.

The main takeaways:
  • Buy "TARTLENECKS". These appear to be identical to turtlenecks, but Ruby never clarifies the difference.
  • Buy wool! All vegans do it, honest!
  • Rain hats are very useful. Umbrellas are for losers. Protecting only the top of your head is for the great and gifted, as that's where the knowledge is stored.
  • Wear nice things or your life is a worthless waste of time.
  • All items of clothing go well together, regardless of their individual size, colour and style.
  • Berets are a suitable substitute for bike helmets and will definitely protect your forehead in the event of a deadly crash.
  • Do not buy jeans. Jeans are for commoners.
  • Do not buy an iron.
  • Buy sustainable clothing. Sustainable clothing means "absolutely any item of clothing that you want to buy but also feel superior about wearing".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91

EllaEm87

VIP Member
Why is she touching every single book in Waterstones in the middle of a pandemic? I hope she sanitized her hands before entering. 😬
Not to be pedantic but we aren’t really in the middle of a pandemic anymore. No rules are in place anymore in England and she’s double vaccinated. As long as she’s washing hands frequently or using gel, and not overly touching her face she should be fine. We can’t limit ourselves forever and one of the joys of book shopping is picking them up and reading the blurb! Each to their own but now it’s kinda just do what you feel comfortable with.

• Heart
Reactions: 72

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Ruby needs herself some new money for rainhats, so it's time for yet another sponsored ad video!

Ruby's Notebook is clogging up the Pumpkin Productivity warehouse and they can't even shift that overpriced junk even with a discount. Ruby's going to give you the hard sell, though, and really pitch that bad boy with renewed vigor. It's an academic essential! Built from the ground up by Ruby, for Ruby! It has dotted pages, which are the best for taking notes! Which is why she doesn't touch that shit herself and uses a Rhodia lined notebook instead:

Screenshot_20211020-225758_YouTube.jpg

Ruby starts her weekend by writing letters to her mum, dad, granddad and "friend". Either she's slipping notes under Blakeney's door every morning or her "friend" is the same person she sent her "autominal" card to: Herself.

She'll be seeing her parents in mere days, went on a Devon holiday with them days before this video and sent her mother letters only days before that. Ruby claimed she'd be spending less time at home this year, but clearly doesn’t realise that spending the majority of your time away from home in direct communication with the people at home all day every day isn't much different than just going home.

I'm not sure what eventful things Ruby believes happen to her in the scant 48 hours between letters, but I hope she includes these riveting adventures in her videos one day as opposed to the half-assed recycled crap she usually throws together. Evidently her parents don't actually talk to each other as Ruby feels the need to sent them separate update letters.

Her grandfather has precious little time left on this earth, and I'm sure there's much better things for him to do with his dwindling lifespan than suffering through Ruby's indecipherable handwriting and inane drivel before he shuffles off this mortal coil.

Ruby writes exactly zero letters to Martha.

Screenshot_20211020-193318_YouTube.jpg

"Today's video is kindly sponsored by NordVPN," Ruby says, wagging her finger in the internet's face. According to Rubes, NordVPN "allows you to change your VPN address", which misexplains the service and assumes people have VPN connections by default. Don't go off script when talking about things you clearly never use, Rubert.

Screenshot_20211020-193403_YouTube.jpg

"It's currently...(Ruby takes a short break to figure out what time she's supposed to be pretending it is)...nine o'clock," she says, surprising herself.

Ruby informs us that she has decided to start cycling to campus, or at least pretending to. "And YES," Ruby snaps, she did go see her parents after saying she'd be avoiding rushing home every 5 seconds. But this was only because it was on their way. It's just a complete coincidence that "on their way" was to a place just next door to Ruby. And it was for an important family birthday gathering! So important that Martha didn't get an invite.

Not only did she drag her parents to Devon for a holiday to keep her separation anxiety at bay, she made them drag a hefty bike with them so she can make believe that she uses it.

It's time for outfit two already, and Ruby makes sure to show off the bike helmet that was conspicuously absent from every 'outfit of the day' in her last video where she pretended to have cycled to uni.

Screenshot_20211020-233221_YouTube.jpg

Her dark macademia/Victorian chambermaid aesthetic has gone right out the window: No vintage basket-fronted cycle, no penny farthing - she rides a mountain bike.

She also has no clue what she's doing or where she's going. Perhaps if Ruby had spent more than a week in Exeter without fleeing home, she might know the way to campus. Instead she proposes just taking random turns at every junction until she magically arrives at uni, which is a great way to end up mired in a ditch by a roadside several towns away from your intended destination.

Screenshot_20211020-233800_YouTube.jpg

Ruby manages to make it back home, but not without injury. Her nails look disgusting and bloodied, and evidently she was kidnapped and subjected to torture by bamboo shoots under the fingernails until she gave up her bank details (she presumably eagerly offered up Martha's money and/or life in place of her own).

She also pulls that pained squinting face that she now makes whenever she needs to remember what time she's supposed to be pretending it is or how long she needs to make-believe that she did something. It's become like a gambler's tell.

In this case she lies that she cycled for "about twenty minutes?", which doesn't line up with her claim that she went on an exploratory journey of blind turns through undiscovered streets to wind up a street away from campus and then travel back. So clearly she just filmed herself riding to the end of her street then turned straight back.

And since the lies flow like wine in Ruby's vineyard of deceipt, Ruby claims to be on her third outfit of the "day".

Screenshot_20211020-234815_YouTube.jpg

As she shows off in her grime-covered mirror, Ruby wears her favourite nun blouse with a half-cape hanging off the back of it like she's the world's lamest, preachiest superhero. It's from "ASS-thetic-a London", which still isn't the right company name, but she's at least consistent in getting it wrong.

Ruby drones about how super-duper sustainable and amazing it is, recreating her comments almost word for word from her last video. And like last time, at no point does she mention that this shirt she's gushing over is a gifted product.

Ruby claims she's going to get started on work in a second. You'd be forgiven for collapsing with shock at the thought of Ruby getting a job, but she just means she's going to copy the Sparknotes for David Copperfield into Notion and pretend she read it for herself.

But she needs to set the mood first, so she creates some fire hazards with her super sustainable gas-filled lighter:

Screenshot_20211020-235311_YouTube.jpg

Ruby says that it's nice to change up music choices rather than listen to the same things on repeat. She says this while subjecting her viewers to the same three songs she's used in every video for the past few years.

It's been a while since Ruby tried to convince everyone that her nails aren't always a chipped, dirt-encrusted mess, so she tries that again. Since she's very out of practice and malnutrition has ravaged her coordination, she immediately knocks nail polish remover all over the place.

Screenshot_20211021-000258_YouTube.jpg

As the fumes consume her already addled brain, Ruby attempts to mop up the spill with a towel and then with her laptop for some reason.

Eventually insanity completely takes hold, and she starts polishing the top of her laptop with nail polish remover applied to a soiled, disgusting rag:

Screenshot_20211021-000750_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20211021-000722_YouTube.jpg

Minutes after knocking highly flammable liquids everywhere, Ruby finally blows out the candles that are burning.

Ruby then pretends to do laundry, since her constantly showing off dirty, unironed clothes was apparently generating too much Tattle discussion to go unchecked. Rubes fumbles with the controls and opens and closes the washing machine door, then gives a thumbs-up to signify that she's happy with her charade and she won't have to pretend to do that again for a while:

Screenshot_20211021-001411_YouTube.jpg

You might be wondering what happened to last video's claim that she hand washes everything in uber-sustainable laundry soap. Stay tuned for the next video, where Ruby yells, "And OF COURSE, I ALWAYS hand-wash my clothes" while pretending to hand-wash clothes in a kitchen sink full of dirty dishes and discarded carrots.

Just a few videos ago, Ruby was claiming that vlogging in public is too awkward for her, but apparently she got over that as she's now ignorantly walking through Exeter's busy town centre not looking where she's going, narrowly avoiding slamming into people and subjecting the city to her shrill "Look at me!" insanity.

Screenshot_20211021-022408_YouTube.jpg

It's just a matter of time before the townsfolk gather their torches and pitchforks and chase her back to her parents.

Ruby explains that she had brunch with a friend who she met when she was 14, but hadn't realised that the friend in question also went to "AXE-eter". It's painfully clear that this friend had successfully managed to avoid Ruby for years up until they outran their luck and bumped into Ruby on campus. Now they'll be stalked and harassed endlessly by her. Ruby optimistically/threateningly says they'll get together again soon. Meanwhile this friend is currently fleeing the country or planning to fake their death.

After rambling manically about Bird & Blend, Ruby crams in some more undeclared advertisements, this time for Perkier bars, which she claims are her favourite, and she (big shock) neglects to mention were a gifted product.

Ruby shows off her schedule for the day, in which she's rewarded herself for things that clearly haven't happened:

Screenshot_20211021-002844_YouTube.jpg

After that, all the recent talk on Tattle of Ruby's abysmal hygiene, lack of cleanliness and love of filth and germ hit a nerve, so it's time for her to feign being clean with some half-assed "chores". These do not involve cleaning her disgusting mirror or dusting anything whatsoever.

Ruby shows off her YouTube window and the recommended/partially watched videos are nothing but dieting/thinspo videos.

Screenshot_20211021-003622_YouTube.jpg

She says she loves David Copperfield because she loves the sections about childhood, because of course she does. She also loves the use of "superperlatives" which are apparently like superlatives, but extra super.

Ruby lies about how long she was doing something for again and has another seizure as a result:

Screenshot_20211021-012244_YouTube.jpg

And then in a new feat of editing laziness, Ruby inserts a title card with no title on it. Just a random, blank green screen for no reason:

Screenshot_20211021-012430_YouTube.jpg

After that, Blakeney appears and they are making butternut squash soup for a "kyozy" movie night and eating squash skin, which sounds rancid, but to each their own, I guess.

Screenshot_20211021-015017_YouTube.jpg

Blakeney has bought a mini pumpkin and named it Gavin. She keeps trying to place it on its side on the windowsill, but Ruby isn't having any of this nonsense. This is no time for whimsy, not when "autominal" aesthetics are on the line. Remember, it's important that we normalise embracing our inner child and doing silly things, but not when it clashes with Ruby's decor. After editing out a rant at Blakeney, she rants at the audience about the proper way to display a pumpkin.

Screenshot_20211021-025852_YouTube.jpg

Ruby also bought Blakeney some sushi, because she thought she'd never tried it before. It turns out she has, and Ruby can barely hide her wounded betrayal, and almost snatches the sushi away and bins it.

Screenshot_20211021-030634_YouTube.jpg

Remember in the last video where Ruby claimed she always dresses like she's going for a job interview in the 1800s, even on a lazy Saturday?

Screenshot_20211021-030702_YouTube.jpg

Here we see what utter bullshit that was, as she wears regular pyjamas, and a house coat seemingly pilfered from the corpse of her dead great-grandmother.

Ruby seems almost like a normal person when she's with Blakeney, which is a shame, since Ruby always makes sure to edit out or talk over anything Blakeney has to say so that nobody else claims the spotlight but Ruby.

"I never used to watch television," Ruby says in a fake pensive voice. And she still doesn't, but this video is sponsored by NordVPN and she has to pretend to use Netflix to advertise it, after which, she'll never watch TV again until the next sponsored video.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67

Erebus

Ruby Granger #19: Finished my porridge, eaten my peas; mummy, I'm homesick, take me home please

• Haha
Reactions: 67

gossip_guy

VIP Member
👏 WHERE 👏 IS 👏 OUR 👏 BIWEEKLY 👏 ROOBEE 👏 TRAINWRECK 👏

I need more to sustain me than a rambly nonsense ig story about how she didn’t go outside at first but then went outside after all, or a stupid reel about how you can spend money to stream stuff online on Hallowe’en instead of using your already-paid-for Netflix subscription to finally watch Squid Game 🙄
She's probably very busy prepping a Halloween Netflix review video (sponsored by NordVPN). Here's a sneak preview of her opinions on various Netflix shows she'll have pretended to watch:

"I enjoyed Squid Game - squid are great and games are fun, so combining the two is a masterstroke of narrative wonderment and whimsy."

"Paw Patrol is a wonderful show, but I found it was a bit scary even for Halloween, so it's probably best to make sure you have a parent with you like I always do."

"Stranger Things is the most autominal show ever! It's my favourite show to watch with my NordVPN subscription! I love all the characters - Mark, Justin, Phil, Luke and their robot friend Seven-Eleven, but also Sheriff Cooper. I simply can't chose a favourite! NordVPN is a service which turns your gigabits into googabots and takes your VPN and megafies it so that your internet is super sustainable. Sign up today with my discount code!"

"I loved The Queen's Gambit so, so much. It's not very Halloweeny, and I did get bored and distracted through all of it as there was too much human drama and not enough Dark Academia chess boards, but the part I did look at was so aesthetic. The main character whose name is Queen Gambit also wasn't a very realistic chess player as she still hasn't learned that to win in chess in one move every time like I do, you only have to flip over the board and yell "I've won, mummy!" But apart from that I'd recommend it to absolutely everyone! 5/5"

"I was so, so excited to watch You, it seemed like it was exactly the kind of series I'd watch all day, every day. But I was disappointed once I watched the first episode and realised it wasn't actually about me at all."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66

celluloia

only 1 minute into the vid and this has to be in my top 3 absolute worst ruby outfits of all time . stunningly awful . just imagining blakeney and rubes trekking down to the local waitrose to film ruby spinning about 😭
Screenshot 2021-10-18 at 19.15.18.png
Screenshot 2021-10-18 at 19.15.19 1.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 66

gossip_guy

VIP Member
The "Daily" University Vlogs might be dead and buried, but the party isn't over, because Ruby's here to introduce us to a "typical weekend at university". I'm not quite sure how she'd know what a typical uni weekend would look like, considering she's only spent around one weekend a year away from home, but still!

If you thought Ruby's desperate need to have her mother post Cricut accessories to her (along with a bunch of powdered food and seasoning that she didn't need) was weird, as though a Cricut was something she'd never use unless someone was paying her to, well...it turns out that's because a Cricut is something she'd never use unless someone was paying her to. This video is sponsored by Cricut, which Ruby will proceed to shove in a cupboard and never use again.

Ruby starts her "typical weekend" by exposing her forehead to the morning light. The ravages of malnutrition have never been more apparent, and Ruby's hairline has thrown up the white flag and completely retreated.

Untitled010.jpg

Ruby drinks from a Halloween mug, despite the scariest thing she's willing to expose herself to in October being the prospect of not reminding anyone that it's autumn, or reading less than 6 unnecessary or unrelated critical essays per module.

Despite her apparent obsession with Autumn, she's still soundtracking her videos by picking a Christmassy song from the rotation of four overused songs she uses for her videos and dressing like she's preparing for Ol' Saint Nick to visit and bring her the gift of more privilege.

Untitled019.jpg

Ruby makes camomile tea and matcha tea because she "couldn't decide". This might seem like simple, wasteful stupidity, but is actually a perfect visual metaphor for Ruby deciding her future prospects: Fail at life beyond uni because she has developed no talents for anything, or fail at life beyond uni because she's completely retreated into childhood and refuses to spend more than 20 minutes without contacting or visiting her parents. Ruby has chosen both options.

Next, there's a DEAFENING CRACK as Ruby doesn't bother setting consistent audio levels yet again and sparks a flame from her gas-powered lighter, because environmental decline is the new sustainability and Ruby evidently can't see in daylight hours without candlelight.

Now that there are sufficient fire hazards burning, it's time to study! Breakfast? We don't know her.

Ruby says she's working on dissertation prep work by focusing on manuscripts of Emily Dickinson's letters, as evidenced by her showing footage of her writing about Lewis Carroll's letters...

Untitled023.png

....and also some footage of her reading about costumes in Ben Jonson plays while she slightly rephrases sections from critical reading into Notion. It's there we see Ruby's intellectual aptitude on full display, as she offers such startling insight as "jewels = wealth".

Ruby says, "I am fascinated by the materiality of Emily Dickinson's work. She's so aware of her handwriting. You have an awareness from her that she does write in a distinctive way, and I think you see her kind of linking some part of her identity in the way that she writes, which you then get being fed back from the people who know her, who always describe how distinct Emily Dickinson's handwriting IS. It's often compared to fossils?", which is a lot of words to say absolutely nothing at all.

Examples, Ruby. In what way is Emily's handwriting distinctive? And what elements of her personality are shown through said distinctive elements of her handwriting? So far you've offered nothing but rambling, which bodes well for your dissertation, the vague topic of which is already flimsy at best.

While Ruby's rambling about handwriting, apparently she thought this was relevant to the conversation:

Untitled025.jpg

Her sudden love of Perkier bars has nothing to do with the fact that she was gifted them and desperately wants all the free stuff she can get her hands on.

"HELLO IT'S ROOBEE AND TODAY OIY'M GYOING TYOO BE VLOGGING!" What feels like several minutes into the video, Ruby finally intros her video, almost like she edits these things without paying attention to what order she puts footage in the timeline.

Ruby has completely transplanted her obsessively overdependent relationship with her parents onto Blakeney, and has already decided that Blakeney will be reading A Christmas Carol concurrently with her while they both sit next to each other on the sofa...

Usually when they find that someone's been murdering people, neighbours say they never would have suspected it and they never had any inkling such a nice, polite person would be capable of such things, but this obsessive, weird behaviour from Ruby is the exact kind of red flags people will look back on when they find Blakeney's mummified corpse entombed in the walls of Ruby's cottage.

Meanwhile, Blakeney talks to Ruby cheerfully, as though speaking to a small-minded, easily-distracted child, keeping them entertained and engaged with pictures so that they don't run off and burn down the living room. Unsurprisingly, flame-obsessed Ruby is instantly captivated by the pictures of candles and fire.

Untitled027.jpg

Ruby's attention span quickly wanes, so Blakeney puts on an animated childen's film to distract her - but only the beginning of it, because if Ruby does any one thing for more than 15 minutes, she'll have a brain aneurysm.

Ruby writes about the experience as though she were a primary schooler writing about her weekend, complete with misspellings and lack of capitalisation:

Untitled028.jpg

Ruby and Blakeney head to town, and of course, Ruby uses it as another excuse to desperately try to get a sponsorship deal from Waterstones by giving them yet more free advertising. She forgot to get her usual extended shot of the store sign outside, so she just slaps a big, fat WATERSTONES on screen, in case you were in any danger of forgetting which shop Ruby won't stop advertising.

Untitled029.jpg

Eternally wasteful Ruby decides that 'Earthshot: How to Save Our Planet' looks "SO good". Ruby will probably shred the book and use it as abundant packaging to post something insanely tiny to her other home by the fastest, most expensive delivery method possible because sustainability.

Ruby has Blakeney pick out her favourite book covers, rather than her favourite books. Because fake aesthetics over substance is Ruby's entire brand.

After touching everything in Waterstones and visiting no other shops or independent bookstores, Ruby and Blakeney head home and try some 'love potion' tea. A love potion is going to be needed here to win over Blakeney, as Ruby instantly talks over everything she has to say.

Blakeney wants to watch Scream Queens, which Ruby has instantly and dismissively decided looks like "quite bad television" despite never watching television and having no basis for comparison.

It's the next morning and Ruby says she and Blakeney started it by listening to "classical" music downstairs. We don't hear what this music is, but with Ruby's hazy definition of "classical" music, it could have been anything from the score to Downton Abbey to Sam Smith's latest album or possibly the sounds of a passing ice cream van.

Ruby mentions that it's her dad's birthday very soon. Either her dad has a birthday every time Ruby needs an excuse to flee home or write to her parents, or this was recorded weeks ago.

Then we get an extended ad section for Cricut, a 21st Century technological tool which absolutely makes sense for someone who is apparently obsessed with physical letter writing and vintage, Victorian letter-writing habits to endorse.

Untitled031.jpg

Ruby maintains that she absolutely uses the Cricut all the time, not just when it's time for a sponsored, paid video to be uploaded. You can tell she's telling the truth by all the zero times she's used a Cricut in videos and posts that she wasn't being paid by Cricut for.

"This cutting machine is so intuitive and easy to use," Ruby says. So intuitive that Ruby had to watch someone else's instructional video on YouTube to figure out how to use it, despite claiming to use it all the time:

Untitled033.jpg

After making her dad a pretty crappy-looking card that looks like it'll tear apart before it's even in the envelope, Ruby finds the "cutest, most beautiful "autominal" card". In this ad for Cricut in which Ruby's supposed to be showcasing the quality and features of the Cricut, Ruby forgot half of the accessories and has to draw the design onto the card herself in pen.

Untitled0i9.jpg

(Pictured: Ruby Granger being #grateful for more sponsor money.)

This is yet another glaring example of how generally inept Ruby is at all things. The thing she wants to be known for is productivity, and her marquee merch product is her planner - supposedly a monument to her exceptional organisational skills. Only, she's constantly screwing up and forgetting even the most basic things, despite her claims of being a meticulous planner.

Her numerous planners and to-do lists are only a place to remind herself to backflip and brush her teeth, or a place to reward herself for things she's either already done or has only pretended to do. What she constantly fails to do is write down actually useful reminders and plans. Like here, she either knew she had a scheduled Cricut video due, and didn't bother reminding herself or planning to pack everything to take to uni. That or there was no time deadline, and rather than wait until she had all the things she needed to film the video, she threw up an unprofessional, half-assed mess for her sponsor because she's lazy and incompetent.

Untitled099.jpg

"Stop right there," Ruby signifies with an obnoxious finger-point. "There's no time to point out my hypocrisy, lies, ineptitude and general stupidity - not when I could be walking in the rain and reminding everyone that it's October again!"

And then Ruby walks in the rain and reminds everyone that it's October again, pulling the smuggest possible face:

Untitlehhk.jpg

After that, it's time to go shopping again.

Untitlehh.jpg

But wait, Ruby, why didn't you put the name of the shop in big, bold letters on-screen for everyone to see? I mean, it couldn't possibly be that you only did that for Waterstones to make sure they got maximum free advertising in your ongoing begging campaign for a sponsorship, right? And it certainly has nothing to do with you being embarrassed to shop at expensive, upmarket supermarkets while constantly lying about how restricted your budget is, not at all...

Back home, the card that she wrote for her "penpal" is now proudly displayed, open on Ruby's desk.

Untitlehhh.jpg

Ruby's her own penpal? Well, that saves on stamps, at least.

After complaining about how cold it is yet again, Ruby does some awkward ballet exercising while her Exeter University pennant lies discarded on the floor gathering dust.

Then it's time for some patented Ruby exposition, as Ruby shows sped-up footage of her and Blakeney talking while Ruby explains that they talked about an abundance of things, all insightful and magical, and though you can't hear any of it because it's top secret, it most definitely happened and was amazing. It certainly wasn't Ruby talking Blakeney to death with nonsensical go-nowhere rambles about nothing coherent and not letting her get a word in edgewise.

After a video call with her internet studytube friends - a call which her friends take a hilariously long time to answer, as if they're screening and hoping Ruby gives up - that's it for another vlog.

In summary, a "typical weekend at university" for Ruby consists of:
  • Eating nothing but a gifted cereal bar.
  • Making bad birthday cards for her dad (and herself).
  • Watching only the beginning of children's animated Christmas movies.
  • Reading A Christmas Carol.
  • Scheduling Blakeney's day against her will.
  • Talking about Autumn and/or October.
  • Advertising Waterstones.
And since that's a typical weekend at university, I assume she'll be doing all the same things again in February?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
I will try to explain myself in my rusty English. I think the reason Ruby stresses Blakeney's "betrayal" with sushi is because Ruby's criteria for making "real" friends is that they must be completely identical to her.

Blakeney is vegan, she likes books and studies english lit, she seems to be a "good girl" (not wild, no parties, no boys), respectful and (maybe) intelligent. And that's why Ruby freaks out when she discovers that Blakeney watches series like The Queen's Gambit, has eaten sushi, and so on. These are things Ruby didn't think Blakeney could do, because she has idealised her as her alter ego.

In short, Ruby should learn and be taught by people other than herself. This reminds me of the infamous Erimentha, who interrupted teachers and lectured everyone. If Ruby would learn to be humble, I think many of her quirks and obsessions would decrease. Living with people who are not her family does her more than good: they can help her to dismantle the rigid and toxic parameters that govern her life.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 63

LucyOos

Probably been mentioned already, but did anyone else notice she talks about 'adults' in her video like she isn't one and has been for at least three years now?

Also, as an introvert, I love uni. The idea of uni not being fun or whatever because you don't like parties and introverts are not made for uni is absurd. I love every second of my freedom at uni, because I get to be an introvert now.
At school, I had to go places because school told to or my parents did or you were 'supposed' to do things, but now I get to choose if I spend all day in bed or in the library or cycle to the woods or whatever. I can take long midnight walks in the city and cook for myself and talk to whoever I want to. In my country we don't live on campus, we just live in apartments in the city and it's up to the student to figure it out, so I got to decide where I wanted to live and what I could afford etc. I I can choose to eat nothing but toast for the day without anyone telling me different. And I can tell people I don't want to see them.
To me, this freedom was a large part of growing up because I also realised; everyone is doing this, figuring out who they are and want to be and do at this stage. No one cares if you like or dislike something, because they're all on the same journey as you are.
I think this is especially liberating for an introvert.

• Heart
Reactions: 62

buflesse

Chatty Member
It's getting really boring tbh reading people say over and over 'leave Ruby alone, she's wearing a mask, stop policing whether she touches things' etc etc. Several posters have already explained why they called her out on it. The same discussion is just getting rehashed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Didn't she have a video on how badly her interview went? I vaguely recall it.
Instead of displaying originality, intelligence, and real passion for the subject, she probably just sat there blurting a bunch of factoids at the poor cringing interviewers. I bet they saw right through that, and even now she'd never proven them wrong otherwise.
I've managed to obtain the audio transcript of the interview:

Ruby: "Hello, it's Roobee!"

Interviewer: "Hello Ruby, I'm Professor Farfington, I'll be carrying out the interview today. Why don't you tell us about yourself?"

Ruby: "Hello, it's Roobee, and today oiy'm gyowing tyoo bee telling you all about myself.

I despise the bay-nal existence of most students, and I'm much more enlightenified than all the modern teenagers who just go to parties, consume ethanol - which 19th Century poet Hughly W. M. Poffershire observed was "the devil's elixir" - and then inject marijuana and smoke cocaines before going on a crime spree. I enjoy a much more civilised lifestyle and am a total bookworm.

I love Emily Dickinson, because she got to stay home all the time and never interact socially, but also her poetry is just so pictatorial and eclacktic and I love how her words flow but halt and distinctly but serenely conjure up both images and emotions, too.

I'm such a natural planner, and I'm obsessed with organising so that all of my life is run like clockwork, which is why I was ten minutes late for this interview which I apologise unresordedly and unequavotably about but it was beyond my control as my backup planner for my to-do list only had enough space to put 15 entries and those were taken up by reminding myself to brush my teeth and listen to classical music, so there was no place to write the time of this interview. I one day hope to create a planner that has at least 16 entries though, which will racktify this crime that the universe inflicted upon me.

Speaking of being bullied, I was savagely bullied in school, but this made me a stronger person, because when I remembered I was bullied after making it up in the fictional book I wrote, I realised that you only get bullied if you're better than other people, because mummy says people are all jealous of me because I'm so much more special than other people, but it's important that we pretend to shop at Tesco occasionally to stay humble. And I think it's important that we normalise and romanticise that, because the entophy of our spirit is only emboldinged by the quaffness of our blurburr."

Interviewer: "And you say English is your first language?"

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Nahhh guys, I’m actually going to have to sit this one out and just wait for the @gossip_guy review. There is no fucking way I can sit through 16 minutes of Ruby giving fashion advice 😭😭😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
Ahh, that makes things make sense now - when Marfa went to get her Betty Boop tattoo her mum went along and got a tattoo of a strawberry, which she said was for Marfa. I had always thought it was a nickname and wondered how they got ‘Strawberry’ from Marfa, since Ma Granger said she was going to get another tattoo of a bee, for Ruby (and I can see how you can get ‘Bee’ as a nickname from Ruby). Hearing that her parents wanted to call her Strawberry makes that make sense now, but wow, Marfa dodged a bullet with that one! Apologies if there are any Strawberries reading, but what a name to go though life with.
Strawberry Bones sounds like a killer band name tho

• Haha
Reactions: 53

Scapier88

VIP Member
How many times can she drop out and retake her last year
Are we going to be getting vlogs in seven years time.

Going hello this is Ruby and welcome back to my uni vlogs as always I will be daily vlogging the first two weeks off term
Don't mind the noise that's just Blankney getting her children ready for nursery

• Haha
Reactions: 48

Scapier88

VIP Member
Mommy,

I'm returning home for reading week please will you or father met off the train as I will need help with my trunk.
I will also need to restock my tuck box. So we will need to arrange a shopping trip some one in my class was saying about a shop called aldi is that like m&s or wholefood.

Also Blankney has misplaced all the matches and lighters again she's so silly so I will need to get more as otherwise I can not work by candle light BTW I found a use for the LG laptop it covers up that burn mark on my desk perfectly.

See you on Saturday morning I Will be there promt at 7am.

Your darling daughter
Ruby

• Haha
Reactions: 48

lemonlime

VIP Member
Coincidentally, Ruby's mother posted a poem about the joys of finally having time alone to enjoy peace and quiet and how good that is for her mental health...shortly before Ruby comes back to ruin it.

Oh, here I am
Alone at last
Just me, the rain
Present and past

I sit by the window
And start to write away
I’m all cosy inside
On this grizzly, grey day

The silence is perfect
Drips are all that I hear
Settling into puddles
Nature’s very own tears