Ruby Granger #18 Still no deal with Waterstones but half her food was mailed from home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if this has been mentioned before and also TW TW TW TW

I think there is a chance (hoping it's not the case) that there is another reason her nails/fingers are so destroyed always. Has to do with her ed, but it's not the restrictive AN type :( It was what I immediately thought when I saw the close up of her injured nail, but I don't want to *name* it so that I don't trigger anyone. If you know what I'm talking about, I'm sorry
The classic sign is more normally calloused/raw knuckles, like this, due to scraping against the teeth. Craggy nails is more likely to be from compulsive nail picking or chewing.

Attachments

Reactions: 12
She probably has brittle or soft nails from malnutrition, I know mine went to tit when I wasn’t eating and I still have to keep them very short. It wouldn’t be so noticeable if she didn’t insist on keeping them long.

Reactions: 11
View attachment 821523
Anorexia? If you haven’t tried it, you need to!
is she trying to make her food as unappetising as possible? Because that’s 100% an ed sign: you don’t feel guilty if you don’t finish your portion + don’t wish for more

(TW: I suffered from anorexia many many years ago -recovered since and never relapsed- and remember buying carrot and whole grain snacks at the supermarket whose taste was terrible so I knew that once at home I’d never reach for them/be tempted to overeat)

as a plant-based person I wish she didn’t went vegan to limit her calories intake because it only aligns with the stereotypes many people already have about veganism aka a diet only consisting of restrictions/that makes people gaunt and malnourished

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
it'd be fine if she kept her dishes to herself. she makes Holly G's food look appetizing, and that's saying a lot

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Holly nearly put me off tahini, and I love tahini. Ruby will soon do the same thing for porridge and cereal.

Reactions: 5
is she trying to make her food as unappetising as possible? Because that’s 100% an ed sign: you don’t feel guilty if you don’t finish your portion + don’t wish for more

(TW: I suffered from anorexia many many years ago -recovered since and never relapsed- and remember buying carrot and whole grain snacks at the supermarket whose taste was terrible so I knew that once at home I’d never reach for them/be tempted to overeat)

as a plant-based person I wish she didn’t went vegan to limit her calories intake because it only aligns with the stereotypes many people already have about veganism aka a diet only consisting of restrictions/that makes people gaunt and malnourished
Is that why she put frozen peas in yogurt? Cause it looks so unappealing?

Reactions: 4
Is that why she put frozen peas in yogurt? Cause it looks so unappealing?
Likely yeah, just like @passiflorae said, also cutting your food in extremely small slices is a way to eat more slowly (so to feel full sooner) and somewhat feeling “more conscious” about it (and convincing yourself more pieces equal have been eating a lot); people with ed are always very attentive to whatever their eating, the way food looks/is disposed on a plate (not in the kind of food blogger way ofc), quantity and so on because they -more or less unconsciously- feel “threatened” by it

Reactions: 5
I wonder if she's now putting vegetables in cereals because she considers fruits too much sugar? I'm honestly surprised that she posted a picture of this, I feel like I'd be ashamed if it was me? It's just so obviously disordered...

Reactions: 10
I wonder if she's now putting vegetables in cereals because she considers fruits too much sugar? I'm honestly surprised that she posted a picture of this, I feel like I'd be ashamed if it was me? It's just so obviously disordered...
I went to a nutritionist when I was at my worst, she had me list everything I ate over three days and pretty much the only comment was that I ate ”too much sugar” because I was having a lot of fruit. Not a word about anything else. I really hope Ruby is seeing someone, and someone a lot more clued in than that person was.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The ridiculous food photos plus constant 'accidental' shots of her searches - videos on staying skinny, binge eating etc. It's all deliberate ED baiting and it's gross. I can't even feel sorry for her because of the damage she's doing - and she knows it, because she deletes comments.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
I doubt anyone even notices, that’s a pretty bizarre thing to be self conscious about. Most people have washing machines and I doubt they give it a second look
I agree, but does Ruby wash her clothes in between wearing them to cycle to and from campus? I doubt it

Reactions: 2
i'm actually a little shocked that she's 21 and hasn't had sushi ? i understand ppl are apprehensive about sushi sometimes but come on not even some plain avocado sushi or some inari?
Ruby is about as adventurous and multicultural in her diet as a newborn baby so it does not surprise me in the least that she has never had sushi

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I went to a nutritionist when I was at my worst, she had me list everything I ate over three days and pretty much the only comment was that I ate ”too much sugar” because I was having a lot of fruit. Not a word about anything else. I really hope Ruby is seeing someone, and someone a lot more clued in than that person was.
Criticising people for eating FRUIT is ridiculous. It seems like you can never be good enough for one of these 'nutritionists'. If your diet consists mostly of whole foods then you are doing better than the majority of us who live off overly processed stuff. I'm including myself in that btw, I definitely don't eat enough fruit!

Reactions: 15
i'm actually a little shocked that she's 21 and hasn't had sushi ? i understand ppl are apprehensive about sushi sometimes but come on not even some plain avocado sushi or some inari?
I think she was veggie for a long time before she went vegan but yeah exactly, there's avocado sushi. Tbf I'm from nowhere and also veggie so I didn't try sushi hardly at all before uni. So I guess I can sort of understand that she might not have had it, but its definitely bizarre she thought Blakeney hadn't either

Reactions: 2
I will try to explain myself in my rusty English. I think the reason Ruby stresses Blakeney's "betrayal" with sushi is because Ruby's criteria for making "real" friends is that they must be completely identical to her.

Blakeney is vegan, she likes books and studies english lit, she seems to be a "good girl" (not wild, no parties, no boys), respectful and (maybe) intelligent. And that's why Ruby freaks out when she discovers that Blakeney watches series like The Queen's Gambit, has eaten sushi, and so on. These are things Ruby didn't think Blakeney could do, because she has idealised her as her alter ego.

In short, Ruby should learn and be taught by people other than herself. This reminds me of the infamous Erimentha, who interrupted teachers and lectured everyone. If Ruby would learn to be humble, I think many of her quirks and obsessions would decrease. Living with people who are not her family does her more than good: they can help her to dismantle the rigid and toxic parameters that govern her life.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
I agree, but does Ruby wash her clothes in between wearing them to cycle to and from campus? I doubt it
Omg as long as she doesn't stink who gives a duck? Let people wear even one outfit every single day. Nobody cares. Cycling in an outfit? How is it different from just wearing it normally? What's the big deal? Is she fighting in the mud on her way to campus? From all the things to nitpick about this one is the most ridiculous

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I will try to explain myself in my rusty English. I think the reason Ruby stresses Blakeney's "betrayal" with sushi is because Ruby's criteria for making "real" friends is that they must be completely identical to her.
I know this is 'just' a gossip site, but this is genuinely the best analysis I've seen on her. This is why she does everything she does.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I'm a bit late two add my two cents, but I remember carrots tasting SO GOOD when I was malnourrished. Because they are on the sweeter side for a vegetable. So maybe that's why. I never liked carrots like ever in my life, besides that.
I am even more late for this, but for "culotte", there's not really a way to write it for english speakers. I thought about it a lot and I didn't find any way to write the french "u" phonetic in english. It's a bit like the end of "q" (ueue?).

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.