Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

iglie

In french, the word for "nothing" means "something" if it's used in a double negation.
I reproach you nothing : I reproach you nothing
I don't reproach you nothing: Also I reproach you nothing
Weird cause for me the last sentence means you are reproaching something because of the double negation. ive always found double negations very confusing anyway so I avoid using them, be it in French or English.

3calico3

VIP Member
Only 571 students across 14 years? Far cry from my state secondary with 1100 - surely those numbers are incredibly low? She must have driven her poor teachers up the wall if the classes were such small sizes, they wouldn't have been able to escape 😳

The whole school gives off a very coddled vibe, not one of those students would last in your typical state school where years have 150-200 kids. Even my (later) private secondary had 100+ per year. They have 40 (on average).
They probably only have about 20 kids per class (if not less) - a friend of mine went to my local private school and he said his class sizes were around that (versus the 35+ in my state school classes).

Deeandra2020

i saw the video and read the title and thought it was a video of her discussing... her. was she finally gonna open up and talk about her? i was genuinely worried

irunforfun

VIP Member
Again, true. Guess it's just hard for me to imagine people actually live like this and don't have to work
Even if you take money and the need to work out of the equation, why wouldn’t you want to contribute to society or at least have others to talk to outside of mummy and daddy? Can you really be that self absorbed???

iglie

And she's lucky she's studying in the UK. I did my undergrad degree in English and German lit in Germany where we don't have reading weeks, we're expected to cope with the workload as the term progresses.
but doesn't term start way later? Or it probably differs from Land to Land I guess. Cause I'm currently doing my Erasmus in Bayern and the term only started last Monday on October 18th.

Last edited: