Ruby Granger #18 Still no deal with Waterstones but half her food was mailed from home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
πŸ‘ WHERE πŸ‘ IS πŸ‘ OUR πŸ‘ BIWEEKLY πŸ‘ ROOBEE πŸ‘ TRAINWRECK πŸ‘

I need more to sustain me than a rambly nonsense ig story about how she didn’t go outside at first but then went outside after all, or a stupid reel about how you can spend money to stream stuff online on Hallowe’en instead of using your already-paid-for Netflix subscription to finally watch Squid Game πŸ™„

• Haha
Reactions: 16
πŸ‘ WHERE πŸ‘ IS πŸ‘ OUR πŸ‘ BIWEEKLY πŸ‘ ROOBEE πŸ‘ TRAINWRECK πŸ‘

I need more to sustain me than a rambly nonsense ig story about how she didn’t go outside at first but then went outside after all, or a stupid reel about how you can spend money to stream stuff online on Hallowe’en instead of using your already-paid-for Netflix subscription to finally watch Squid Game πŸ™„
She's probably very busy prepping a Halloween Netflix review video (sponsored by NordVPN). Here's a sneak preview of her opinions on various Netflix shows she'll have pretended to watch:

"I enjoyed Squid Game - squid are great and games are fun, so combining the two is a masterstroke of narrative wonderment and whimsy."

"Paw Patrol is a wonderful show, but I found it was a bit scary even for Halloween, so it's probably best to make sure you have a parent with you like I always do."

"Stranger Things is the most autominal show ever! It's my favourite show to watch with my NordVPN subscription! I love all the characters - Mark, Justin, Phil, Luke and their robot friend Seven-Eleven, but also Sheriff Cooper. I simply can't chose a favourite! NordVPN is a service which turns your gigabits into googabots and takes your VPN and megafies it so that your internet is super sustainable. Sign up today with my discount code!"

"I loved The Queen's Gambit so, so much. It's not very Halloweeny, and I did get bored and distracted through all of it as there was too much human drama and not enough Dark Academia chess boards, but the part I did look at was so aesthetic. The main character whose name is Queen Gambit also wasn't a very realistic chess player as she still hasn't learned that to win in chess in one move every time like I do, you only have to flip over the board and yell "I've won, mummy!" But apart from that I'd recommend it to absolutely everyone! 5/5"

"I was so, so excited to watch You, it seemed like it was exactly the kind of series I'd watch all day, every day. But I was disappointed once I watched the first episode and realised it wasn't actually about me at all."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
She's probably very busy prepping a Halloween Netflix review video (sponsored by NordVPN). Here's a sneak preview of her opinions on various Netflix shows she'll have pretended to watch:

"I enjoyed Squid Game - squid are great and games are fun, so combining the two is a masterstroke of narrative wonderment and whimsy."

"Paw Patrol is a wonderful show, but I found it was a bit scary even for Halloween, so it's probably best to make sure you have a parent with you like I always do."

"Stranger Things is the most autominal show ever! It's my favourite show to watch with my NordVPN subscription! I love all the characters - Mark, Justin, Phil, Luke and their robot friend Seven-Eleven, but also Sheriff Cooper. I simply can't chose a favourite! NordVPN is a service which turns your gigabits into googabots and takes your VPN and megafies it so that your internet is super sustainable. Sign up today with my discount code!"

"I loved The Queen's Gambit so, so much. It's not very Halloweeny, and I did get bored and distracted through all of it as there was too much human drama and not enough Dark Academia chess boards, but the part I did look at was so aesthetic. The main character whose name is Queen Gambit also wasn't a very realistic chess player as she still hasn't learned that to win in chess in one move every time like I do, you only have to flip over the board and yell "I've won, mummy!" But apart from that I'd recommend it to absolutely everyone! 5/5"

"I was so, so excited to watch You, it seemed like it was exactly the kind of series I'd watch all day, every day. But I was disappointed once I watched the first episode and realised it wasn't actually about me at all."
lol you’ve actually managed to make Roobee’s Netflix sound like something I’d watch the crap out of πŸ˜‚
edit: or ”something out of which I would watch the crap,” as I’m sure Victorian grammar books would put it.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Paw Patrol is a wonderful show, but I found it was a bit scary even for Halloween, so it's probably best to make sure you have a parent with you like I always do."
Hey paw patrol isn't scary it's very gripping drama will they be able to save the day.
Spoiler alert chase normally manages to

• Haha
Reactions: 11
When you are just trying so hard to hold it together and have to smile but you really don't want to be there -
1635456591299.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
She's really paving her way to taking a year out of uni, isn't she (btw how did we get to not enjoying University?? I thought she was so happy to be back and so grateful for her education)
And she looks particularly unhappy in that picture. Please go home and take a real break, Ruby.

Reactions: 4
She's really paving her way to taking a year out of uni, isn't she (btw how did we get to not enjoying University?? I thought she was so happy to be back and so grateful for her education)
Easy, she got to not enjoying uni the second she walked back through the door of her childhood home and she could regress again

Reactions: 11
She's really paving her way to taking a year out of uni, isn't she
That or we'll get a spiritual sequel to all the "How I stopped procrastinating on social media forever!" and the follow-up, "How I totally, definitely stopped wasting time on social media forever - for real this time!" Both of which lasted about a day.

She'll make a video titled "How I overcame homesickness forever and learned to love being at uni! πŸ™ˆ || Dark Academia (AD)" and claim she had tonnes of stories about regular people being a bit homesick when starting uni, but she's better than all those people because she completely overcame it by not going home for a whole six weeks! After all, you'll never get homesick if you take home with you; just make your parents pack everything up in a camper van and take a holiday at your uni every week or two! And if the five minutes a day you don't interact with your parents get to be too hard, just distract yourself with to-do lists planning how you'll interact with your parents all day long!

She also spent almost half of an entire afternoon without seeing, calling or writing a letter to her parents, so her crippling inability to function without her parents being around is cured forever! She's completely independent now! And now she loves uni! [INSERT TERRIFYING, STRAINED GRIMACE HERE]

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Interesting, I wonder if she's not enjoying the 'pressure' (perceived or real, hence the quotes) to plan and do a long-form project (i.e. dissertation). A lot of students struggle with that because it's so different from all the assessments they've done previously.

Reactions: 10
Interesting, I wonder if she's not enjoying the 'pressure' (perceived or real, hence the quotes) to plan and do a long-form project (i.e. dissertation). A lot of students struggle with that because it's so different from all the assessments they've done previously.
she knows she can't get a perfect mark on it. it also wouldn't surprise me if she's procrastinating it by doing busywork on something that won't even be her dissertation topic because it will never get approved.
out of all the studytubers, I think her 'crash and burn' moment will be the worst.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.