Ruby Granger #18 Still no deal with Waterstones but half her food was mailed from home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
the proportions of her outfits are so weird. like the way her skirts are such an awkward length it looks like she’s wearing them on her hips instead of her waist and how she just lets her tops hang down instead of tucking them in lmao. that being said i thought her wednesday and friday outfits of the week weren’t totally awful.
Reading this I feel like what you're mentioning is very similar to how my mom would dress me when I was little, i.e. in the early 2000s when Ruby also grew up. Not because my mom had bad style but because that's what was in style back than and how little girl clothes were meant to be worn. I feel like tucking shirts in and high-waisted stuff is a more recent trend that people of my generation kinda picked up as teenagers. To me it seems like Ruby just sticks to the kind of clothes her mother put her in as a child and hasn't really developed her taste beyond that. On top of that she just doesn't really have a good eye for fashion so the elements she has implemented into her style are just terrible in general.

Reactions: 16
It's a new week, which - shockingly - brings a new video from Ruby. We're apparently in for a real treat, if Ruby's Insta story is to be believed:

Untitlnned.jpg

She's apparently been working on this video for a long while. The inference being that she doesn't put any effort into her videos usually, which, while obvious to anyone with eyes or ears, is nice to see her vaguely admit.

She throws up a 'see no evil' monkey emoji, which to Ruby could mean anything from 'I paid so little attention while editing that I haven't seen any of this video myself yet, I wonder how it turned out?' to 'I was pepper-sprayed moments ago'. The one thing it likely doesn't mean is that she's embarrassed by whatever she's crapped out onto her channel today. Self-awareness and shame elude Ruby like a greased ferret; maybe one day she'll get a firm hold of them.

The first thing we notice is that this video is sixteen bleeping minutes long.

Untitlnnjed.jpg

Ruby is constantly apologising for her vlogs being too long at circa 10 minutes in length and truncates them into pointless, half-assed montages and exposition as a result, but she's happy to make a video nearly double that if it's nothing but body-checking footage.

The insane battle cry of "HELLO IT'S ROOBEE!" comes in at twice the volume as usual, contrasted by the distracting static background noise. This might seem like inconsistent sound levels, but that can't be the case - Ruby said she'd put a lot of time into this video, unlike her others. With twice the effort comes DOUBLE THE VOLUME.

While it might seem to the untrained ear to be terrible audio production, the manic screaming of Ruby announcing that she has arrived in a video posted on a channel devoted entirely to videos featuring only her, over the crackling noise of static, is an aural metaphor for how we should all rise above the mundanity of life and be the main character in not just our own story, but everyone else's, too.

Untihhtlnnjed.jpg

"This follows a lot of questions that I have?...GOT?...over the past year about the clothes that I wear," Ruby claims as she squints in pained confusion, seemingly suspicious of her own stilted words and alien cadence, as if her sentences were being spoken by at least four people inhabiting the same brain.

Who asked these questions? Other students? The fashion police? Concerned bystanders worried that there may be a roving, escaped mental patient roaming the streets when they see Ruby wandering Exeter dressed like a deranged, time-travelling Halloween skeleton? Ruby never reveals these secrets, and it's not just because nobody asked for this and it was borne of Ruby's narcissism and need to inflict her body-checking on people, not at all.

After a barrage of old, recycled footage of Ruby dressed like she's robbed the lost and found of several museums and put on stolen clothing items from multiple eras of history all at once, she shows herself knocking on the wall and listening for signs of life.

Untihhtlnnllljed.jpg

This is presumably Ruby checking that Blakeney is still alive after she was sealed in the crawlspace as punishment for defying Ruby's mandatory schedule for them both.

After a scattered glimpse into Ruby's insanity, it's time for her to reveal her outfit essentials.

But wait! "When I say essentials, it does NOT mean that these items are essential," Ruby says passive-aggressively, with a forced, cheerful grimace. She's quit the stern Harrison Ford finger-pointing, but like a smoker chewing gum to help them kick the habit, Ruby has replaced one compulsive hand gesture with another.

She now punctuates each word by grasping at the air, like she's catching the precious dust permeating her room, or rehearsing to play a cartoon Italian chef. 👌

Unkljed.jpg

"These-a outfits, they so-a bella, no? 👌Ahh, they just-a like-a my mamma used-a to make, eh? 👌" Ruby probably said in her first, discarded take of this, as accordion music played in the background.

We never actually see the gun being pointed at Ruby's head by the person who forced Ruby to put the word "essentials" in her video title even though it is apparently so irrelevant to her video that she felt the need to snarkily pre-empt any negative comments, but this armed captor must be around there somewhere. Otherwise, why would she do it? Clickbait? The ego-centric need to assert the things she does, owns and wears as the ideal default that everyone should strive to imitate? Ruby would never... (Psst, it's totally that.)

I guess if she removed the word "essentials" from the title, nobody would know what the video were about, huh? I mean, "Outfit Ideas & What I Wear in a Week *dark academia*"? What's that video about? Lawn care tips? The history of Soviet Russia? Who knows? And how is Ruby supposed to know that there are words like "staples", "mainstays" or "basics" that are closer to what she claims she wants the word "essentials" to mean? It's not like she's a third year English lit student and self-professed bookworm or something. God, people, get off her back!

Ruby stresses that she was very hesitant to upload this video as she would never want to encourage anyone to buy clothes or things they couldn't afford or didn't need. This despite constantly advertising and lying about expensive products and clothes being her favourite things, even though she never uses them, in order to convince impressionable children and cash-strapped students to buy them.

Unhhkljed.jpg

Ruby even put up a disclaimer. See! So thoughtful and diligent. Ruby recognises that she's in a privileged position to be able to shop and pay for all the things she owns - the heavy implication being that she actually bought and paid for the things she owns, neglecting to mention that most of it was gifted to her by brands she advertises.

"I wouldn't say there's a name for my style," say Ruby, because she's unique and special, before immediately claiming that her style is totally 📚📖DARK ACADEMIA📖📚 Ruby stutters over the word - "acad--d--EEmia" - as though having to remind herself not to keep pronouncing it wrong.

She then shows the wardrobe item that best showcases her "dark academia" style, and perfectly encapsulates the aesthetic: the long nights of obsessive studying; the murder, mystery and intrigue; the allure and danger of secret societies; the privileged decadence behind ivy-covered boarding school walls...

Unhhhhkljed.jpg

A tan-coloured kitty beret.

The epitome of 📚📖DARK ACADEMIA📖📚and not at all exactly the hat you'd expect the snooty rich girl bully in a middle school kid's movie to wear.

Unoojed (1).jpg

Ruby shows the full outfit, which is an ensemble worn only when you are scheduled to go fox hunting but desperately need to pay exorbitant amounts for your student food shopping first (Waitrose pictured in background).

Ruby claims she's been wearing the dark academia style since she was 12, which she proves by showing several outfits that are decidedly nothing like the aesthetic.

Unoojed.jpg

In Ruby's mind, a collared shirt, a cardigan, a blazer or some shorts makes any outfit fit the dark academia aesthetic.

Again, Ruby worked on this video for a long time. We're reminded of this by her inability to create any kind of suitable title inserts for the video, and learning video editing skills would take time and effort, so she just scribbles on a back issue of The New Yorker instead.

Uiied.jpg

Oh, wait, she's not done...

Uiillled.jpg

Ruby got bored of ruining her prized back issues and decided to waste some blank paper, too, for a miss-matched style that looks both low effort and low quality. Lots of time and effort spent on this video, and it's all there to be seen on-screen.

From here on, it's just a lifeless Ruby fashion show, and I'm not going to give her the benefit of reposting all her body-checking bullshit images here, so we'll just focus on the standout stupidity.

Of all her daft tops, Ruby's favourite item at the moment is her Aesthetic London blouse, which was gifted to her, though she makes zero mention of this because she paid for everything, remember?

It's hand-made and "super sustainable", as opposed to regular sustainable - Ruby never clarifies the difference, but considering her definition of "sustainability" is "be as wasteful as possible", it's anyone's guess.

She loves it so much that she couldn't be bothered to iron it, or more likely just doesn't know how.

Uiillle;;d.jpg

Although her undeclared free advertising is in vain, as she gets the name wrong and calls the company "Aesthetica London". Whoops! No more free blouses for you, Rubes! You're on the naughty list!

Ruby should have gotten the name right, since she saw fit to include them in the products list of her description, where she says they're non-affiliate links, but again avoids mentioning that it was a gifted product.

Ukih.jpg

Onto the bottoms, and Ruby loves her "beige checked-shecked shhkirt" - has Ruby been supping upon that demon ethanol, or could she just not be bothered to rerecord the line after fumbling over her words? It can't be the latter - don't forget, she spent so much time on this masterwork!

She loves a tweed jacket as it's "so easy to throw on top of anything". That's generally how all jackets work, Rubes.

After filming most of her outfits in front of the same white wall in her house, Ruby's decided that this room isn't quite filthy enough, and her unwashed, unironed clothes weren't dirty enough, and decided to just throw her clothes on the dusty, unwashed rug in one of the many other grimy rooms of her house.

Uilillle;;d.jpg

Ruby claims that all the items she shows are all of the same style, and all the same colour palette, which explains a lot about her always looking like she got dressed in the dark using clothes from the attic of disgraced Tory royal.

In Ruby's mind, a yellow rubber rain hat, a tweed jacket, a school blouse with half a cape hanging off it for some reason, a priest's stole with a cat on it, a pair of blue shorts and some Doc Martins would make a cohesive outfit.

Ruby spends what feels like five years rambling about how her choice to not wear jeans is fine and people should accept it, even though Ruby's the one who keeps going on about it. This insane diatribe is soundtracked by random, soothing piano music and is punctuated by some old, silent footage of Ruby yelling at the camera like a lunatic:

Uilikkllhle;;d.jpg

Thanks to the joys of lip reading, we can tell that Ruby says: "YOU ARE NOT MY MOTHER!" Evidently her mother really wanted Ruby to start wearing jeans on the day in question, I guess.

Ruby constantly mentions that the clothes she insists on wearing "crease very easily". Unfortunately there are no inventions yet created to remove creases from clothes, but modern science and technology may one day provide a breakthrough.

While Ruby's trying on everything she owns, all of it unwashed and unironed, we hear heavy coughing in the background. Ruby put a lot of time and effort into this video, don't forget, so there must be a reasonable explanation for her including the distracting, disconcerting sounds of her mother hacking up a lung in an adjoining room.

Uilikkkllhle;;d.jpg

Ruby stares ahead with cold, dead eyes, showing no visible concern that her mother is seemingly dying from the 'rona nearby. Maybe if Mother Granger hadn't pressured Ruby to wear jeans, she might be a bit more worried.

"YOU--and you will have a lot of these items, I think, in your wardrobe already." Sure, hold on Rubes, let me grab my Paddington Bear hat and Sherlock Holmes coat to pair with my kitten collar and random ascot. They're around here somewhere.

After Ruby's seemingly endless body-checking fashion show of creased, dusty tit she had in her wardrobe/attic, she runs out of footage and does her new favourite thing of grafting a completely different video onto it. It's time for a 'What I Wore in a Week' bonus video!

"It's important to normalise wearing outfits regularly," Ruby says, having clearly not interacted with a social group for any period of time to see that this is already completely normalised. Outside of celebrities, fashion shows and fictional TV shows, wearing the same outfits or items of clothing is completely normal, and almost everyone happily does it without judgment.

Most people can't afford to buy tit they never wear, or get endless clothes for free from brands. For all Ruby's lip-service disclaimers, she is clearly out of touch with reality and has no perspective outside her own bubble of privilege.

She punctuates her pointless, unwarranted ramble with her new favourite compulsive hand gesture:

Uilikkkkllhle;;d.png

360_F_370441861_hOEJW4Vf9H3Tx9hzTIJfaU8420xKIQap.jpg

"I cycle to campus," Ruby says smugly, despite this being something we've never seen her do, and her taking no bicycle to uni with her.

She must be telling the truth, though, as her Monday outfit to cycle to campus through the busy streets of Exeter includes what is most definitely a bike helmet:

Uilikkhle;;d.png

Her Tuesday outfit includes her "ASS-thetica London" sailor neck top. Aesthetic London will most definitely stop sending Ruby things now for advertising this random brand instead of theirs.

It's important to wear something nice, Ruby says, because this means you're telling yourself that the day is worth something. Ruby rambles about normalising the things important to her own sheltered imagination, but if anyone else wear the things they like and are comfortable in, their day is meaningless.

If you're a labourer wearing jeans and a high-vis jacket or a nurse wearing hospital scrubs? Your day of stressful, hard work and back-breaking labour was a complete waste and served no purpose, because you weren't dressed like a quail-hunting French pirate. Learn from Ruby instead - we need to normalise wearing only the things that Ruby likes, so that everyone can feel as productive as her.

Uilihhkkhle;;d.jpg

"I also ALWAYS wear this scarf, like, every single outfit I will wear this week I'll wear it with," Ruby says, because wild, embellished lies are second nature to her. She couldn't just say "I like this scarf a lot and wear it fairly often recently", it has to be "I ALWAYS [Insert thing Ruby never does]".

Out of curiosity, I looked over her Instagram, and this scarf that she
ALWAYS wears is worn in zero outfits for at least the past several months. And contrary to her claiming to wear it with every single outfit that week, it only appears that one time.

Speaking of lies, Ruby bemoans that - before buying some expensive ones - her tights used to get ladders in them and she had to throw them away immediately. This despite her going through an embarrassingly long period of wearing torn, laddered tights in most of her sponsored posts. But if you're going to buy sustainable tights, they have to be wool. Because Ruby's definitely vegan, honest.

And because lies are the order of the day on Ruby's menu of life, note how she only has one outfit for each day, despite all her dubious claims that she changes her outfits numerous times a day whenever she makes a 'daily routine' video that's blatantly filmed across multiple days. Where are all the random mid-day outfit changes here, Rubes?

"Where do I get my clothes from?" Ruby asks herself.
Uilihhkd.jpg

"I buy my stuff second-hand," she lies, with an 'Isn't it obvious? Don't you wish you could be as wonderful as me?' smug shrug.

No mention of all the Miss Patina fast fashion. No mention of the John Lewis tights. No mention of the sheer abundance of gifted clothing, including the Aethetic London top that she tries to name-drop twice in this video.

Ruby preaches about sustainability while only lying about practicing it herself, and has and will continue to advertise clothing brands as long as they're willing to give her free clothes and/or money.

Uih.jpg

Her false preachiness causes her to fall off the stern pointing wagon as she stressed that we must take care of our clothes, just as Ruby does by soiling them, staining them, rubbing them all over the filth-covered floors of her home, then shoving them unwashed in a cupboard to be ravaged by dust and moths.

After an ad for gifted laundry soap, which Ruby clearly never uses, that's all for another video.

The effort on display here was definitely evident - no second takes, no consistent audio, all recorded in two locations across a couple of afternoons at most, all in a clothing video containing no cleaned, ironed clothes. Ruby's done it again! Another masterpiece.

The main takeaways:
  • Buy "TARTLENECKS". These appear to be identical to turtlenecks, but Ruby never clarifies the difference.
  • Buy wool! All vegans do it, honest!
  • Rain hats are very useful. Umbrellas are for losers. Protecting only the top of your head is for the great and gifted, as that's where the knowledge is stored.
  • Wear nice things or your life is a worthless waste of time.
  • All items of clothing go well together, regardless of their individual size, colour and style.
  • Berets are a suitable substitute for bike helmets and will definitely protect your forehead in the event of a deadly crash.
  • Do not buy jeans. Jeans are for commoners.
  • Do not buy an iron.
  • Buy sustainable clothing. Sustainable clothing means "absolutely any item of clothing that you want to buy but also feel superior about wearing".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
actually, she has few beautiful pieces I would even wear some of them but generally, her style is kind of weird and out of place ( i hope out of place is the right term to use )
by the way, she should be more careful with her hairline I lost a lot of hair last year, and it's really hard to grow them back.
I do agree that some pieces are nice but she definitely isn't good at styling it sadly. Her blazer, for example, looked weird with the turtleneck and the skirt. Everyone have different tastes of course, but that one, the weird ribbons/scarves or collars and that beige outfit ( the cardigan-checked shirt-culottes ones) were a huge no for me. However, I love her beige coat.

Reactions: 5
It's a new week, which - shockingly - brings a new video from Ruby. We're apparently in for a real treat, if Ruby's Insta story is to be believed:

View attachment 817100

She's apparently been working on this video for a long while. The inference being that she doesn't put any effort into her videos usually, which, while obvious to anyone with eyes or ears, is nice to see her vaguely admit.

She throws up a 'see no evil' monkey emoji, which to Ruby could mean anything from 'I paid so little attention while editing that I haven't seen any of this video myself yet, I wonder how it turned out?' to 'I was pepper-sprayed moments ago'. The one thing it likely doesn't mean is that she's embarrassed by whatever she's crapped out onto her channel today. Self-awareness and shame elude Ruby like a greased ferret; maybe one day she'll get a firm hold of them.

View attachment 817102

Ruby is constantly apologising for her vlogs being too long at circa 10 minutes in length and truncates them into pointless, half-assed montages and exposition as a result, but she's happy to make a video nearly double that if it's nothing but body-checking footage.

The insane battle cry of "HELLO IT'S ROOBEE!" comes in at twice the volume as usual, contrasted by the distracting static background noise. This might seem like inconsistent sound levels, but that can't be the case - Ruby said she'd put a lot of time into this video, unlike her others. With twice the effort comes DOUBLE THE VOLUME.

While it might seem to the untrained ear to be terrible audio production, the manic screaming of Ruby announcing that she has arrived in a video posted on a channel devoted entirely to videos featuring only her, over the crackling noise of static, is an aural metaphor for how we should all rise above the mundanity of life and be the main character in not just our own story, but everyone else's, too.

View attachment 817108

"This follows a lot of questions that I have?...GOT?...over the past year about the clothes that I wear," Ruby claims as she squints in pained confusion, seemingly suspicious of her own stilted words and alien cadence, as if her sentences were being spoken by at least four people inhabiting the same brain.

Who asked these questions? Other students? The fashion police? Concerned bystanders worried that there may be a roving, escaped mental patient roaming the streets when they see Ruby wandering Exeter dressed like a deranged, time-travelling Halloween skeleton? Ruby never reveals these secrets, and it's not just because nobody asked for this and it was borne of Ruby's narcissism and need to inflict her body-checking on people, not at all.

After a barrage of old, recycled footage of Ruby dressed like she's robbed the lost and found of several museums and put on stolen clothing items from multiple eras of history all at once, she shows herself knocking on the wall and listening for signs of life.

View attachment 817109

This is presumably Ruby checking that Blakeney is still alive after she was sealed in the crawlspace as punishment for defying Ruby's mandatory schedule for them both.

After a scattered glimpse into Ruby's insanity, it's time for her to reveal her outfit essentials.

But wait! "When I say essentials, it does NOT mean that these items are essential," Ruby says passive-aggressively, with a forced, cheerful grimace. She's quit the stern Harrison Ford finger-pointing, but like a smoker chewing gum to help them kick the habit, Ruby has replaced one compulsive hand gesture with another.

She now punctuates each word by grasping at the air, like she's catching the precious dust permeating her room, or rehearsing to play a cartoon Italian chef. 👌

View attachment 817112

"These-a outfits, they so-a bella, no? 👌Ahh, they just-a like-a my mamma used-a to make, eh? 👌" Ruby probably said in her first, discarded take of this, as accordion music played in the background.

We never actually see the gun being pointed at Ruby's head by the person who forced Ruby to put the word "essentials" in her video title even though it is apparently so irrelevant to her video that she felt the need to snarkily pre-empt any negative comments, but this armed captor must be around there somewhere. Otherwise, why would she do it? Clickbait? The ego-centric need to assert the things she does, owns and wears as the ideal default that everyone should strive to imitate? Ruby would never... (Psst, it's totally that.)

I guess if she removed the word "essentials" from the title, nobody would know what the video were about, huh? I mean, "Outfit Ideas & What I Wear in a Week *dark academia*"? What's that video about? Lawn care tips? The history of Soviet Russia? Who knows? And how is Ruby supposed to know that there are words like "staples", "mainstays" or "basics" that are closer to what she claims she wants the word "essentials" to mean? It's not like she's a third year English lit student and self-professed bookworm or something. God, people, get off her back!

Ruby stresses that she was very hesitant to upload this video as she would never want to encourage anyone to buy clothes or things they couldn't afford or didn't need. This despite constantly advertising and lying about expensive products and clothes being her favourite things, even though she never uses them, in order to convince impressionable children and cash-strapped students to buy them.

View attachment 817118

Ruby even put up a disclaimer. See! So thoughtful and diligent. Ruby recognises that she's in a privileged position to be able to shop and pay for all the things she owns - the heavy implication being that she actually bought and paid for the things she owns, neglecting to mention that most of it was gifted to her by brands she advertises.

"I wouldn't say there's a name for my style," say Ruby, because she's unique and special, before immediately claiming that her style is totally 📚📖DARK ACADEMIA📖📚 Ruby stutters over the word - "acad--d--EEmia" - as though having to remind herself not to keep pronouncing it wrong.

She then shows the wardrobe item that best showcases her "dark academia" style, and perfectly encapsulates the aesthetic: the long nights of obsessive studying; the murder, mystery and intrigue; the allure and danger of secret societies; the privileged decadence behind ivy-covered boarding school walls...

View attachment 817123

The epitome of 📚📖DARK ACADEMIA📖📚and not at all exactly the hat you'd expect the snooty rich girl bully in a middle school kid's movie to wear.

View attachment 817125

Ruby shows the full outfit, which is an ensemble worn only when you are scheduled to go fox hunting but desperately need to pay exorbitant amounts for your student food shopping first (Waitrose pictured in background).

Ruby claims she's been wearing the dark academia style since she was 12, which she proves by showing several outfits that are decidedly nothing like the aesthetic.

View attachment 817126

In Ruby's mind, a collared shirt, a cardigan, a blazer or some shorts makes any outfit fit the dark academia aesthetic.

Again, Ruby worked on this video for a long time. We're reminded of this by her inability to create any kind of suitable title inserts for the video, and learning video editing skills would take time and effort, so she just scribbles on a back issue of The New Yorker instead.

View attachment 817130

View attachment 817134

Ruby got bored of ruining her prized back issues and decided to waste some blank paper, too, for a miss-matched style that looks both low effort and low quality. Lots of time and effort spent on this video, and it's all there to be seen on-screen.

From here on, it's just a lifeless Ruby fashion show, and I'm not going to give her the benefit of reposting all her body-checking bullshit images here, so we'll just focus on the standout stupidity.

Of all her daft tops, Ruby's favourite item at the moment is her Aesthetic London blouse, which was gifted to her, though she makes zero mention of this because she paid for everything, remember?

It's hand-made and "super sustainable", as opposed to regular sustainable - Ruby never clarifies the difference, but considering her definition of "sustainability" is "be as wasteful as possible", it's anyone's guess.

She loves it so much that she couldn't be bothered to iron it, or more likely just doesn't know how.

View attachment 817140

Although her undeclared free advertising is in vain, as she gets the name wrong and calls the company "Aesthetica London". Whoops! No more free blouses for you, Rubes! You're on the naughty list!

Ruby should have gotten the name right, since she saw fit to include them in the products list of her description, where she says they're non-affiliate links, but again avoids mentioning that it was a gifted product.

View attachment 817212

Onto the bottoms, and Ruby loves her "beige checked-shecked shhkirt" - has Ruby been supping upon that demon ethanol, or could she just not be bothered to rerecord the line after fumbling over her words? It can't be the latter - don't forget, she spent so much time on this masterwork!

She loves a tweed jacket as it's "so easy to throw on top of anything". That's generally how all jackets work, Rubes.

After filming most of her outfits in front of the same white wall in her house, Ruby's decided that this room isn't quite filthy enough, and her unwashed, unironed clothes weren't dirty enough, and decided to just throw her clothes on the dusty, unwashed rug in one of the many other grimy rooms of her house.

View attachment 817148

Ruby claims that all the items she shows are all of the same style, and all the same colour palette, which explains a lot about her always looking like she got dressed in the dark using clothes from the attic of disgraced Tory royal.

In Ruby's mind, a yellow rubber rain hat, a tweed jacket, a school blouse with half a cape hanging off it for some reason, a priest's stole with a cat on it, a pair of blue shorts and some Doc Martins would make a cohesive outfit.

Ruby spends what feels like five years rambling about how her choice to not wear jeans is fine and people should accept it, even though Ruby's the one who keeps going on about it. This insane diatribe is soundtracked by random, soothing piano music and is punctuated by some old, silent footage of Ruby yelling at the camera like a lunatic:

View attachment 817153

Thanks to the joys of lip reading, we can tell that Ruby says: "YOU ARE NOT MY MOTHER!" Evidently her mother really wanted Ruby to start wearing jeans on the day in question, I guess.

Ruby constantly mentions that the clothes she insists on wearing "crease very easily". Unfortunately there are no inventions yet created to remove creases from clothes, but modern science and technology may one day provide a breakthrough.

While Ruby's trying on everything she owns, all of it unwashed and unironed, we hear heavy coughing in the background. Ruby put a lot of time and effort into this video, don't forget, so there must be a reasonable explanation for her including the distracting, disconcerting sounds of her mother hacking up a lung in an adjoining room.

View attachment 817160

Ruby stares ahead with cold, dead eyes, showing no visible concern that her mother is seemingly dying from the 'rona nearby. Maybe if Mother Granger hadn't pressured Ruby to wear jeans, she might be a bit more worried.

"YOU--and you will have a lot of these items, I think, in your wardrobe already." Sure, hold on Rubes, let me grab my Paddington Bear hat and Sherlock Holmes coat to pair with my kitten collar and random ascot. They're around here somewhere.

After Ruby's seemingly endless body-checking fashion show of creased, dusty tit she had in her wardrobe/attic, she runs out of footage and does her new favourite thing of grafting a completely different video onto it. It's time for a 'What I Wore in a Week' bonus video!

"It's important to normalise wearing outfits regularly," Ruby says, having clearly not interacted with a social group for any period of time to see that this is already completely normalised. Outside of celebrities, fashion shows and fictional TV shows, wearing the same outfits or items of clothing is completely normal, and almost everyone happily does it without judgment.

Most people can't afford to buy tit they never wear, or get endless clothes for free from brands. For all Ruby's lip-service disclaimers, she is clearly out of touch with reality and has no perspective outside her own bubble of privilege.

She punctuates her pointless, unwarranted ramble with her new favourite compulsive hand gesture:

View attachment 817166

"I cycle to campus," Ruby says smugly, despite this being something we've never seen her do, and her taking no bicycle to uni with her.

She must be telling the truth, though, as her Monday outfit to cycle to campus through the busy streets of Exeter includes what is most definitely a bike helmet:

View attachment 817168

Her Tuesday outfit includes her "ASS-thetica London" sailor neck top. Aesthetic London will most definitely stop sending Ruby things now for advertising this random brand instead of theirs.

It's important to wear something nice, Ruby says, because this means you're telling yourself that the day is worth something. Ruby rambles about normalising the things important to her own sheltered imagination, but if anyone else wear the things they like and are comfortable in, their day is meaningless.

If you're a labourer wearing jeans and a high-vis jacket or a nurse wearing hospital scrubs? Your day of stressful, hard work and back-breaking labour was a complete waste and served no purpose, because you weren't dressed like a quail-hunting French pirate. Learn from Ruby instead - we need to normalise wearing only the things that Ruby likes, so that everyone can feel as productive as her.

View attachment 817190

"I also ALWAYS wear this scarf, like, every single outfit I will wear this week I'll wear it with," Ruby says, because wild, embellished lies are second nature to her. She couldn't just say "I like this scarf a lot and wear it fairly often recently", it has to be "I ALWAYS [Insert thing Ruby never does]".

ALWAYS wears is worn in zero outfits for at least the past several months. And contrary to her claiming to wear it with every single outfit that week, it only appears that one time.

Speaking of lies, Ruby bemoans that - before buying some expensive ones - her tights used to get ladders in them and she had to throw them away immediately. This despite her going through an embarrassingly long period of wearing torn, laddered tights in most of her sponsored posts. But if you're going to buy sustainable tights, they have to be wool. Because Ruby's definitely vegan, honest.

And because lies are the order of the day on Ruby's menu of life, note how she only has one outfit for each day, despite all her dubious claims that she changes her outfits numerous times a day whenever she makes a 'daily routine' video that's blatantly filmed across multiple days. Where are all the random mid-day outfit changes here, Rubes?

View attachment 817205
"I buy my stuff second-hand," she lies, with an 'Isn't it obvious? Don't you wish you could be as wonderful as me?' smug shrug.

No mention of all the Miss Patina fast fashion. No mention of the John Lewis tights. No mention of the sheer abundance of gifted clothing, including the Aethetic London top that she tries to name-drop twice in this video.

Ruby preaches about sustainability while only lying about practicing it herself, and has and will continue to advertise clothing brands as long as they're willing to give her free clothes and/or money.

View attachment 817207

Her false preachiness causes her to fall off the stern pointing wagon as she stressed that we must take care of our clothes, just as Ruby does by soiling them, staining them, rubbing them all over the filth-covered floors of her home, then shoving them unwashed in a cupboard to be ravaged by dust and moths.

After an ad for gifted laundry soap, which Ruby clearly never uses, that's all for another video.

The effort on display here was definitely evident - no second takes, no consistent audio, all recorded in two locations across a couple of afternoons at most, all in a clothing video containing no cleaned, ironed clothes. Ruby's done it again! Another masterpiece.

The main takeaways:
  • Buy "TARTLENECKS". These appear to be identical to turtlenecks, but Ruby never clarifies the difference.
  • Rain hats are very useful. Umbrellas are for losers. Protecting only the top of your head is for the great and gifted, as that's where the knowledge is stored.
  • All items of clothing go well together, regardless of their individual size, colour and style.
  • Berets are a suitable substitute for bike helmets and will definitely protect your forehead in the event of a deadly crash.
  • Do not buy an iron.
  • Buy sustainable clothing. Sustainable clothing means "absolutely any item of clothing that you want to buy but also feel superior about wearing".
"TARTLENECKS". 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7

View attachment 817100

View attachment 817102

View attachment 817108

View attachment 817109

View attachment 817112

View attachment 817118

View attachment 817123

View attachment 817125

View attachment 817126

View attachment 817130

View attachment 817134

View attachment 817140

View attachment 817212

View attachment 817148

View attachment 817153

View attachment 817160

View attachment 817166

View attachment 817168

View attachment 817190

View attachment 817205

View attachment 817207

The main takeaways:
  • Do not buy an iron.
Ruby must have learned she has Italian ancestry via a 23andMe test and she's trying to embrace her ancestors' culture

• Haha
Reactions: 12

View attachment 817100

View attachment 817102

View attachment 817108

View attachment 817109

View attachment 817112

View attachment 817118

View attachment 817123

View attachment 817125

View attachment 817126

View attachment 817130

View attachment 817134

View attachment 817140

View attachment 817212

View attachment 817148

View attachment 817153

View attachment 817160

View attachment 817166

View attachment 817168

View attachment 817190

View attachment 817205

View attachment 817207

The main takeaways:
  • Do not buy an iron.
This is better written and put together than probably most of Ruby's essays. And it didn't take you a month of needless studying to write it.

Very well written and the line "Self-awareness and shame elude Ruby like a greased ferret", nearly killed me from laughing.

Kudos to you sir/madam, this has made my day.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I swear she’s shown herself wearing jeans in recent months though?!

What I will say is that, when I started to accept I had lost weight and wanted to hide this from family/friends, I also stopped wearing jeans. Additionally, I didn’t like how tight they felt on me, as I was so body conscious.

I type this currently wearing jeans, which is a change that only happened this year! Cannot tell you how glad I am I do. I admit that my style is similar to Ruby’s, in the sense that I like that preppy/vintage style, but I am also a realist in the 21st century!

Reactions: 17
The jeans thing is so funny to me. I have a disorder where I couldn't wear anything long on my legs until I was 20 (diagnosed at 18 and on and off therapy since then) so I did not own a single pair of jeans. Not one person in my life gave me tit for not owning jeans, they would ask if I was cold in winter because I'd be wearing shorts, and a few creepy old ass men make sexual comments while I was waiting in my uniform on the way to school, but not once did someone say "Do you not own a pair of jeans? Haha loser!". I really doubt anyone has ever her tit for it either.

I now own two pairs and the only time people comment on them is 1. If I've invited them to by celebrating the fact I would actually wear them 2. Both my pairs have embroidery plants, bugs, fruit ect and people often compliment the embroidery. Nobody cares if you own jeans or not.

Reactions: 11
Some of the pieces are nice however she does make some weird combos!
She’d look lovely if she went for the more “town and country” tweed-y look like Kate Middleton. The boots and blazers and skirts are all generally nice enough she just needs to not throw them all into the same outfit.

also cutting her hair back to even mid -back would still be “long” but would really even the ends out and give it room to grow out again quickly.

I liked this one on her Instagram; though the skirtwould be better with a taller boot and would look lovely with a faux-leather jacket

i honestly don't know anyone who has multiple coats lol. i live in korea atm and myself and everyone who i know has one long padded coat for winter. at home country i have one more lined coat that i got from asos a few years back, that's it!

also the comment she made, "if you wear something nice, you're telling yourself the day is worth something." hmmm pretty sure when i wear a tracksuit and a jumper and spend the day at my home with my family relaxing or doing chores, the day is definitely still worth something.
mum quite ajacket fan. I live in the north of England and we have a lot of damp but not always cold weather. It’s nice to have a couple of autumn (rather than heavy winter padded) coats to switch things up.

Attachments

Reactions: 9

View attachment 817100

View attachment 817102

View attachment 817108

View attachment 817109

View attachment 817112

View attachment 817118

View attachment 817123

View attachment 817125

View attachment 817126

View attachment 817130

View attachment 817134

View attachment 817140

View attachment 817212

View attachment 817148

View attachment 817153

View attachment 817160

View attachment 817166

View attachment 817168

View attachment 817190

View attachment 817205

View attachment 817207

The main takeaways:
  • Do not buy an iron.
This was exquisite.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Ruby must have learned she has Italian ancestry via a 23andMe test and she's trying to embrace her ancestors' culture
That's Holly G's hand gesture. She does it all the time. Not like she 'owns' a hand gesture, but given that Roobee has no personality, she probably copied her.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The silent shouting at the screen was creepy, like a jump scare in a horror movie!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I swear she’s shown herself wearing jeans in recent months though?!
Yeah, it's weird. Aren't these jeans? I didn't even obsessively look through her IG, just remembered one and happened upon the second.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
For the love of god I hope this james is younger than 25. Another reason she should stop putting on the perfect-naïf-young girl persona or she’ll start attracting those people on her channel. Makes me sick 🤢
C5CF4931-A2B9-4BFF-90CC-DB6B46D3C9B1.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I feel like adding that it's strange to worry about what other people think at this age. I worried about whether people would judge me for not wearing jeans when I was a tween and early teen. At uni I wore whatever I wanted, and because people rarely saw me every single day, no one cared what I wore or didn't wear. But jeans are useful for some situations, especially for walking around in forests, or traveling on public transport when it's damp outside, or sitting in a drafty library. I guess cords are another option, but why rule out wearing jeans in situations like that? Maybe we all want to look like we stepped out of a novel, but it's silly to do that when you can still look cute wearing practical clothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
For the love of god I hope this james is younger than 25. Another reason she should stop putting on the perfect-naïf-young girl persona or she’ll start attracting those people on her channel. Makes me sick 🤢 View attachment 817704
im 99% sure this is a middle aged man. it gives me creepy vibes. and ruby does... check off that kind of criteria I think.
maybe she's smarter than all of us and this was her goal all along

• Sick
Reactions: 9
unrelated but what will Ruby think now that Holly Gabrielle, her role model, has shared that she's horny again (yes, she's basically saying this in her latest video, because she has no friends to share it with)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.