Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Scapier88

VIP Member
Small human came home from preschool today with a certificate saying he was star of the day.
I've decided he will go to Oxford as obviously that's what Ruby's parents decided for her when she got a house point

• Haha
Reactions: 40

gossip_guy

VIP Member
I'm just gonna leave this here and wait for @gossip_guy's commentary
Meanwhile, at the Pumpkin Productivity warehouse:

fire-sale-everything-must-go.gif

That's right, Ruby and her company reps finally realised that nobody was buying any of Ruby's notebooks because selling a cheaply-made, poor quality notebook to students for £9 is ludicrous.

They've now reduced the price of the planners (temporarily, of course) by 20%, making them only £7.20, and thus only £7.20 overpriced! The ribbons, however, are still full price.

Ukhioh.png

But wait... The discount code on the website is different...

Ukhih.jpg

Which one is the right discount code?

5r3enl.jpg

Unsurprisingly, the one that Ruby posted on her Pumpkin Productivity Instagram - you know, the one most of her audience will actually see - is the wrong one.

They're not just stopping at a simple, far-too-small-to-make-a-difference discount though. Ruby's going all-out media blitz to advertise "The Notebook", because apparently pricing it at a reasonable and affordable amount relative to its quality is off the table.

Ruby has posted a bunch of Insta stories on the Pumpkin Productivity page (but not her own Instagram) to highlight the selling points, which include the fact that you can pick it up:

Ukhioioh.jpg

Also it has dotted pages, which Ruby is either embarrassed by, or disbelieving of, but whatever she's trying to convey with her random emoji use, she forgot to close her brackets/parentheses:

Ukhioih.png

And then she showed the notebook dumped on top of the device that she actually uses to take all her notes:

Ukhioiohhh.jpg

Ruby also filled out a notebook to show an example of how they should be used, in her mind:

Ukhioioohhh.png

Thanks to CSI-style image-enhancing technological wizardry and top secret spy magic, I've been able to see the contents of Ruby's notebook and have shared the details below:

1. [Not included]

Ruby was in such a rush to be a gifted child, that she skipped learning the number 1 and moved right to number 2, which is ironic in many ways.

2. Things to do when switched off

Ruby means this literally. In a shocking development, like Haley Joel Osment in the film 'A.I.: Artificial Intelligence', Ruby is a humanoid robot created for rich people to own to replace dead or disappointing children.

Unfortunately, over time, her battery cells are depleting, leading to increased stupidity, excessive, uncoordinated squinting, blinking and wild, threatening hand gestures.

"Switching off" and being stored in a cupboard for a few days saves on battery power, and allows the people around her some peace and quiet.

When Ruby switches off, she plans to dream about frolicking in fields full of money while people chant her name and send her packages of free things she will never use.

3. Educational videos to watch

This appears to just be a list of Ruby's Victorian routine videos, which I assumed must be a mistake, but apparently not.

4. Pumpkin Productivity ideas

After naming her last product 'The Notebook', Ruby will continue to name all her future products after Ryan Gosling movies in hopes of getting some accidental purchases from confused grandmothers doing their Christmas shopping.

A sneak peak at Pumpkin Productivity's upcoming line-up:
  • 'Drive': A Pumpkin Productivity-branded USB stick in muted amber for storing all your essential data in "autominal" style no matter the season! 128mb capacity. No other sizes available. Priced £55.99.
  • 'Crazy, Stupid, Love': A Pumpkin Productivity-branded correction fluid pen, for whiting out all those horrifying, intrusive scenes of romance, character development, teenage life, adult themes and realistic depictions of human beings that you encounter in the books you read. Priced £34.99 (1 pen included.)
  • 'Stay': A pair of cast-iron shackles for bolting your best friend/roommate to the radiator if they try to leave you. Priced £199.99.
  • 'Blade Runner 2049': A pair of scissors, pre-rusted for that vintage Victorian aesthetic. Running with scissors encouraged. Priced £2049.
5. YouTube ideas

The only writing on this page is 'Write letter to YouTube and ask them to change the logo colour to "Autominal Amber" to celebrate Autumn all year round. Aside from a scribbled note saying 'More daily routines?', the rest of the page is blank.

6. Why we need humanitiez

This page only contains a reminder note to Ruby: "Research what humanity means." She has yet to mark this as completed.

7. [Blank]

The number 7 is Ruby's unlucky number, so she has skipped this, like buildings in Japan that don't have a 13th floor. Instead of simply skipping straight to the number 8 Ruby tore out the 7th chapter pages be torn out and buried them in a landfill. Ruby has ensured that all copies of 'The Notebook' have had this section removed and buried for added convenience to buyers.

8. Random doodies

You really don't want to know what was smeared on this page.

(From this point on, Ruby's mind appeared to be declining, as her spelling and handwriting only got more incoherent.)

9. Dickens jeminar intro notez

This section only contains the sentence "I have read Sketches by Boz!" over and over again, like Jack Torrance's insane typing in The Shining.

All-work-and-no-play.jpg

It is still highly unlikely that Ruby has actually read Sketches by Boz.

10. Term one assejjmenD

In this section, Ruby has given herself First grades for everything, despite not yet completing the first term.

11. My academic intereih

This section contains the following:

"My name is Ruby, I am 12 21 years old. I like books what have pritty covers and I like letters, but letters are hard to rite becuz I have to consuntrayt and also my mummy has stopped holding my hand and taking me to the post box and this is why letters arent my favurit thing aneemore. My new favorett thing is autumn becuz there are lots of leevs. My best thing I lerned about leevz is that they come from trees and so this is my most forveret acadd aducam school thing to listen abowt."

12. Johanna meenng notei

This appears to be notes detailing an interview for a potential new friend.

The negative feedback for this Johanna person only says "Not Blakeney enough."

Then there's a map to where the body is buried.

• Haha
Reactions: 40

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Btw, I don't understand what the point of only wearing a rain hat is. It's only gonna protect your head from the rain, everything else is gonna get wet anyway (clothes, anything you might be carrying). Does she think umbrellas are for grown ups?
Ruby is the type of person to wear one of these
411475A4-1F9E-485D-BA96-68A8F443EDE1.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

MGB01

VIP Member
Ahh, that makes things make sense now - when Marfa went to get her Betty Boop tattoo her mum went along and got a tattoo of a strawberry, which she said was for Marfa. I had always thought it was a nickname and wondered how they got ‘Strawberry’ from Marfa, since Ma Granger said she was going to get another tattoo of a bee, for Ruby (and I can see how you can get ‘Bee’ as a nickname from Ruby). Hearing that her parents wanted to call her Strawberry makes that make sense now, but wow, Marfa dodged a bullet with that one! Apologies if there are any Strawberries reading, but what a name to go though life with.

all the strawberries reading this thread rn

• Haha

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Screenshot_20211022-082934_Chrome.jpg

Remember, kids: Life is short, so make the most of it by doing the same thing you do all day, every day, really badly. Never improve at anything. Never learn to use your precious time more efficiently. Never go anywhere you haven't been before. Never try anything new. It's the Ruby Granger way of life!

• Heart
  • Haha
I agree, but does Ruby wash her clothes in between wearing them to cycle to and from campus? I doubt it
Omg as long as she doesn't stink who gives a fuck? Let people wear even one outfit every single day. Nobody cares. Cycling in an outfit? How is it different from just wearing it normally? What's the big deal? Is she fighting in the mud on her way to campus? From all the things to nitpick about this one is the most ridiculous

• Heart

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Y’all are freaking out about books being germy, a guy once told me that he knew guys who had a competitions to see how much change they could fit under their foreskins, the winner would get all the change and buy McDonald’s.

I’m gonna let ruby touching books slide.
Bruh I literally just opened this site 💀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
"The Child Poverty Action Group estimates that 4.3 million children in the UK are living in poverty today, which is shocking. Anyway thank you Merchant Gourmet for your gifted food package"

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 37

marcelprout

Personally, seeing her last few Instagram stories just makes the difference from how obviously miserable she's been looking these past few weeks all the more glaring. I really do feel like she's feeling trapped by this niche she's carved out for herself online and there's no other way but to try to convince herself how much she loves her uni lifestyle and how grateful she is for it by constantly repeating how it's "SO, SO interesting and SO rewarding"... I might be completely wrong, these are just the vibes I'm getting from her recent postings

Last edited:

xoxoxo13

VIP Member
I will try to explain myself in my rusty English. I think the reason Ruby stresses Blakeney's "betrayal" with sushi is because Ruby's criteria for making "real" friends is that they must be completely identical to her.
I know this is 'just' a gossip site, but this is genuinely the best analysis I've seen on her. This is why she does everything she does.

• Heart

DEFALT

It's a new week, which - shockingly - brings a new video from Ruby. We're apparently in for a real treat, if Ruby's Insta story is to be believed:

View attachment 817100

She's apparently been working on this video for a long while. The inference being that she doesn't put any effort into her videos usually, which, while obvious to anyone with eyes or ears, is nice to see her vaguely admit.

She throws up a 'see no evil' monkey emoji, which to Ruby could mean anything from 'I paid so little attention while editing that I haven't seen any of this video myself yet, I wonder how it turned out?' to 'I was pepper-sprayed moments ago'. The one thing it likely doesn't mean is that she's embarrassed by whatever she's crapped out onto her channel today. Self-awareness and shame elude Ruby like a greased ferret; maybe one day she'll get a firm hold of them.

The first thing we notice is that this video is sixteen fucking minutes long.

View attachment 817102

Ruby is constantly apologising for her vlogs being too long at circa 10 minutes in length and truncates them into pointless, half-assed montages and exposition as a result, but she's happy to make a video nearly double that if it's nothing but body-checking footage.

The insane battle cry of "HELLO IT'S ROOBEE!" comes in at twice the volume as usual, contrasted by the distracting static background noise. This might seem like inconsistent sound levels, but that can't be the case - Ruby said she'd put a lot of time into this video, unlike her others. With twice the effort comes DOUBLE THE VOLUME.

While it might seem to the untrained ear to be terrible audio production, the manic screaming of Ruby announcing that she has arrived in a video posted on a channel devoted entirely to videos featuring only her, over the crackling noise of static, is an aural metaphor for how we should all rise above the mundanity of life and be the main character in not just our own story, but everyone else's, too.

View attachment 817108

"This follows a lot of questions that I have?...GOT?...over the past year about the clothes that I wear," Ruby claims as she squints in pained confusion, seemingly suspicious of her own stilted words and alien cadence, as if her sentences were being spoken by at least four people inhabiting the same brain.

Who asked these questions? Other students? The fashion police? Concerned bystanders worried that there may be a roving, escaped mental patient roaming the streets when they see Ruby wandering Exeter dressed like a deranged, time-travelling Halloween skeleton? Ruby never reveals these secrets, and it's not just because nobody asked for this and it was borne of Ruby's narcissism and need to inflict her body-checking on people, not at all.

After a barrage of old, recycled footage of Ruby dressed like she's robbed the lost and found of several museums and put on stolen clothing items from multiple eras of history all at once, she shows herself knocking on the wall and listening for signs of life.

View attachment 817109

This is presumably Ruby checking that Blakeney is still alive after she was sealed in the crawlspace as punishment for defying Ruby's mandatory schedule for them both.

After a scattered glimpse into Ruby's insanity, it's time for her to reveal her outfit essentials.

But wait! "When I say essentials, it does NOT mean that these items are essential," Ruby says passive-aggressively, with a forced, cheerful grimace. She's quit the stern Harrison Ford finger-pointing, but like a smoker chewing gum to help them kick the habit, Ruby has replaced one compulsive hand gesture with another.

She now punctuates each word by grasping at the air, like she's catching the precious dust permeating her room, or rehearsing to play a cartoon Italian chef. 👌

View attachment 817112

"These-a outfits, they so-a bella, no? 👌Ahh, they just-a like-a my mamma used-a to make, eh? 👌" Ruby probably said in her first, discarded take of this, as accordion music played in the background.

We never actually see the gun being pointed at Ruby's head by the person who forced Ruby to put the word "essentials" in her video title even though it is apparently so irrelevant to her video that she felt the need to snarkily pre-empt any negative comments, but this armed captor must be around there somewhere. Otherwise, why would she do it? Clickbait? The ego-centric need to assert the things she does, owns and wears as the ideal default that everyone should strive to imitate? Ruby would never... (Psst, it's totally that.)

I guess if she removed the word "essentials" from the title, nobody would know what the video were about, huh? I mean, "Outfit Ideas & What I Wear in a Week *dark academia*"? What's that video about? Lawn care tips? The history of Soviet Russia? Who knows? And how is Ruby supposed to know that there are words like "staples", "mainstays" or "basics" that are closer to what she claims she wants the word "essentials" to mean? It's not like she's a third year English lit student and self-professed bookworm or something. God, people, get off her back!

Ruby stresses that she was very hesitant to upload this video as she would never want to encourage anyone to buy clothes or things they couldn't afford or didn't need. This despite constantly advertising and lying about expensive products and clothes being her favourite things, even though she never uses them, in order to convince impressionable children and cash-strapped students to buy them.

View attachment 817118

Ruby even put up a disclaimer. See! So thoughtful and diligent. Ruby recognises that she's in a privileged position to be able to shop and pay for all the things she owns - the heavy implication being that she actually bought and paid for the things she owns, neglecting to mention that most of it was gifted to her by brands she advertises.

"I wouldn't say there's a name for my style," say Ruby, because she's unique and special, before immediately claiming that her style is totally 📚📖DARK ACADEMIA📖📚 Ruby stutters over the word - "acad--d--EEmia" - as though having to remind herself not to keep pronouncing it wrong.

She then shows the wardrobe item that best showcases her "dark academia" style, and perfectly encapsulates the aesthetic: the long nights of obsessive studying; the murder, mystery and intrigue; the allure and danger of secret societies; the privileged decadence behind ivy-covered boarding school walls...

View attachment 817123

A tan-coloured kitty beret.

The epitome of 📚📖DARK ACADEMIA📖📚and not at all exactly the hat you'd expect the snooty rich girl bully in a middle school kid's movie to wear.

View attachment 817125

Ruby shows the full outfit, which is an ensemble worn only when you are scheduled to go fox hunting but desperately need to pay exorbitant amounts for your student food shopping first (Waitrose pictured in background).

Ruby claims she's been wearing the dark academia style since she was 12, which she proves by showing several outfits that are decidedly nothing like the aesthetic.

View attachment 817126

In Ruby's mind, a collared shirt, a cardigan, a blazer or some shorts makes any outfit fit the dark academia aesthetic.

Again, Ruby worked on this video for a long time. We're reminded of this by her inability to create any kind of suitable title inserts for the video, and learning video editing skills would take time and effort, so she just scribbles on a back issue of The New Yorker instead.

View attachment 817130

Oh, wait, she's not done...

View attachment 817134

Ruby got bored of ruining her prized back issues and decided to waste some blank paper, too, for a miss-matched style that looks both low effort and low quality. Lots of time and effort spent on this video, and it's all there to be seen on-screen.

From here on, it's just a lifeless Ruby fashion show, and I'm not going to give her the benefit of reposting all her body-checking bullshit images here, so we'll just focus on the standout stupidity.

Of all her daft tops, Ruby's favourite item at the moment is her Aesthetic London blouse, which was gifted to her, though she makes zero mention of this because she paid for everything, remember?

It's hand-made and "super sustainable", as opposed to regular sustainable - Ruby never clarifies the difference, but considering her definition of "sustainability" is "be as wasteful as possible", it's anyone's guess.

She loves it so much that she couldn't be bothered to iron it, or more likely just doesn't know how.

View attachment 817140

Although her undeclared free advertising is in vain, as she gets the name wrong and calls the company "Aesthetica London". Whoops! No more free blouses for you, Rubes! You're on the naughty list!

Ruby should have gotten the name right, since she saw fit to include them in the products list of her description, where she says they're non-affiliate links, but again avoids mentioning that it was a gifted product.

View attachment 817212

Onto the bottoms, and Ruby loves her "beige checked-shecked shhkirt" - has Ruby been supping upon that demon ethanol, or could she just not be bothered to rerecord the line after fumbling over her words? It can't be the latter - don't forget, she spent so much time on this masterwork!

She loves a tweed jacket as it's "so easy to throw on top of anything". That's generally how all jackets work, Rubes.

After filming most of her outfits in front of the same white wall in her house, Ruby's decided that this room isn't quite filthy enough, and her unwashed, unironed clothes weren't dirty enough, and decided to just throw her clothes on the dusty, unwashed rug in one of the many other grimy rooms of her house.

View attachment 817148

Ruby claims that all the items she shows are all of the same style, and all the same colour palette, which explains a lot about her always looking like she got dressed in the dark using clothes from the attic of disgraced Tory royal.

In Ruby's mind, a yellow rubber rain hat, a tweed jacket, a school blouse with half a cape hanging off it for some reason, a priest's stole with a cat on it, a pair of blue shorts and some Doc Martins would make a cohesive outfit.

Ruby spends what feels like five years rambling about how her choice to not wear jeans is fine and people should accept it, even though Ruby's the one who keeps going on about it. This insane diatribe is soundtracked by random, soothing piano music and is punctuated by some old, silent footage of Ruby yelling at the camera like a lunatic:

View attachment 817153

Thanks to the joys of lip reading, we can tell that Ruby says: "YOU ARE NOT MY MOTHER!" Evidently her mother really wanted Ruby to start wearing jeans on the day in question, I guess.

Ruby constantly mentions that the clothes she insists on wearing "crease very easily". Unfortunately there are no inventions yet created to remove creases from clothes, but modern science and technology may one day provide a breakthrough.

While Ruby's trying on everything she owns, all of it unwashed and unironed, we hear heavy coughing in the background. Ruby put a lot of time and effort into this video, don't forget, so there must be a reasonable explanation for her including the distracting, disconcerting sounds of her mother hacking up a lung in an adjoining room.

View attachment 817160

Ruby stares ahead with cold, dead eyes, showing no visible concern that her mother is seemingly dying from the 'rona nearby. Maybe if Mother Granger hadn't pressured Ruby to wear jeans, she might be a bit more worried.

"YOU--and you will have a lot of these items, I think, in your wardrobe already." Sure, hold on Rubes, let me grab my Paddington Bear hat and Sherlock Holmes coat to pair with my kitten collar and random ascot. They're around here somewhere.

After Ruby's seemingly endless body-checking fashion show of creased, dusty shit she had in her wardrobe/attic, she runs out of footage and does her new favourite thing of grafting a completely different video onto it. It's time for a 'What I Wore in a Week' bonus video!

"It's important to normalise wearing outfits regularly," Ruby says, having clearly not interacted with a social group for any period of time to see that this is already completely normalised. Outside of celebrities, fashion shows and fictional TV shows, wearing the same outfits or items of clothing is completely normal, and almost everyone happily does it without judgment.

Most people can't afford to buy shit they never wear, or get endless clothes for free from brands. For all Ruby's lip-service disclaimers, she is clearly out of touch with reality and has no perspective outside her own bubble of privilege.

She punctuates her pointless, unwarranted ramble with her new favourite compulsive hand gesture:

View attachment 817166

360_F_370441861_hOEJW4Vf9H3Tx9hzTIJfaU8420xKIQap.jpg

"I cycle to campus," Ruby says smugly, despite this being something we've never seen her do, and her taking no bicycle to uni with her.

She must be telling the truth, though, as her Monday outfit to cycle to campus through the busy streets of Exeter includes what is most definitely a bike helmet:

View attachment 817168

Her Tuesday outfit includes her "ASS-thetica London" sailor neck top. Aesthetic London will most definitely stop sending Ruby things now for advertising this random brand instead of theirs.

It's important to wear something nice, Ruby says, because this means you're telling yourself that the day is worth something. Ruby rambles about normalising the things important to her own sheltered imagination, but if anyone else wear the things they like and are comfortable in, their day is meaningless.

If you're a labourer wearing jeans and a high-vis jacket or a nurse wearing hospital scrubs? Your day of stressful, hard work and back-breaking labour was a complete waste and served no purpose, because you weren't dressed like a quail-hunting French pirate. Learn from Ruby instead - we need to normalise wearing only the things that Ruby likes, so that everyone can feel as productive as her.

View attachment 817190

"I also ALWAYS wear this scarf, like, every single outfit I will wear this week I'll wear it with," Ruby says, because wild, embellished lies are second nature to her. She couldn't just say "I like this scarf a lot and wear it fairly often recently", it has to be "I ALWAYS [Insert thing Ruby never does]".

Out of curiosity, I looked over her Instagram, and this scarf that she
ALWAYS wears is worn in zero outfits for at least the past several months. And contrary to her claiming to wear it with every single outfit that week, it only appears that one time.

Speaking of lies, Ruby bemoans that - before buying some expensive ones - her tights used to get ladders in them and she had to throw them away immediately. This despite her going through an embarrassingly long period of wearing torn, laddered tights in most of her sponsored posts. But if you're going to buy sustainable tights, they have to be wool. Because Ruby's definitely vegan, honest.

And because lies are the order of the day on Ruby's menu of life, note how she only has one outfit for each day, despite all her dubious claims that she changes her outfits numerous times a day whenever she makes a 'daily routine' video that's blatantly filmed across multiple days. Where are all the random mid-day outfit changes here, Rubes?

"Where do I get my clothes from?" Ruby asks herself.
View attachment 817205
"I buy my stuff second-hand," she lies, with an 'Isn't it obvious? Don't you wish you could be as wonderful as me?' smug shrug.

No mention of all the Miss Patina fast fashion. No mention of the John Lewis tights. No mention of the sheer abundance of gifted clothing, including the Aethetic London top that she tries to name-drop twice in this video.

Ruby preaches about sustainability while only lying about practicing it herself, and has and will continue to advertise clothing brands as long as they're willing to give her free clothes and/or money.

View attachment 817207

Her false preachiness causes her to fall off the stern pointing wagon as she stressed that we must take care of our clothes, just as Ruby does by soiling them, staining them, rubbing them all over the filth-covered floors of her home, then shoving them unwashed in a cupboard to be ravaged by dust and moths.

After an ad for gifted laundry soap, which Ruby clearly never uses, that's all for another video.

The effort on display here was definitely evident - no second takes, no consistent audio, all recorded in two locations across a couple of afternoons at most, all in a clothing video containing no cleaned, ironed clothes. Ruby's done it again! Another masterpiece.

The main takeaways:
  • Buy "TARTLENECKS". These appear to be identical to turtlenecks, but Ruby never clarifies the difference.
  • Buy wool! All vegans do it, honest!
  • Rain hats are very useful. Umbrellas are for losers. Protecting only the top of your head is for the great and gifted, as that's where the knowledge is stored.
  • Wear nice things or your life is a worthless waste of time.
  • All items of clothing go well together, regardless of their individual size, colour and style.
  • Berets are a suitable substitute for bike helmets and will definitely protect your forehead in the event of a deadly crash.
  • Do not buy jeans. Jeans are for commoners.
  • Do not buy an iron.
  • Buy sustainable clothing. Sustainable clothing means "absolutely any item of clothing that you want to buy but also feel superior about wearing".
This is better written and put together than probably most of Ruby's essays. And it didn't take you a month of needless studying to write it.

Very well written and the line "Self-awareness and shame elude Ruby like a greased ferret", nearly killed me from laughing.

Kudos to you sir/madam, this has made my day.

• Haha
  • Heart

Griftwood

VIP Member
I feel like the problem with this video is that what she’s saying sounds reasonable on the surface, but when you look at her actions, they’re actually pretty extreme and even unhealthy, and her perceptions are completely skewed.

She says ”it’s okay not to want to party” - she herself went to a party once, didn’t enjoy herself, and then decided never to give it another shot, and says the stereotypical university party is just drinking and drugs, citing American tv shows as her source - surely that was not her actual expectation?

She also says ”it’s okay to be homesick” - she goes home every chance she gets, writes letters and calls her parents constantly, and says she feels homesick every day. Every day, in her fourth year. Instead of addressing the problem and finding coping mechanisms, she’s decided she’s the normal one and all the rest of the world is just unnecessarily stigmatising homesickness.

She claims ”adults” (lol Roobee you’re an adult too, don’t even try it) are ALL saying university is supposed to be the best time of one’s life. Um, no they’re not. YOU’RE the one who’s been going on and on and bloody ON about ”romanticising uni” and ”being so, so grateful” and ”immersing yourself in macadamias”. Older people mainly say things like that because they wish THEY’d taken more advantage of those years and enjoyed uni more than they actually did.

• Heart

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Y’all are freaking out about books being germy, a guy once told me that he knew guys who had a competitions to see how much change they could fit under their foreskins, the winner would get all the change and buy McDonald’s.

I’m gonna let ruby touching books slide.
200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 36

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
But maybe if she had some more friends she could hang out with them on the weekends. No one is forcing her to go to any bloody parties (who would invite her anyway?). But, before Covid at least, why couldn't she have hosted a movie night or an afternoon tea party or even a group study session? Not every party has to involve alcohol or drugs? If she organises it herself, she can have it on her own terms with the activities that she enjoys.

Being an introvert doesn't mean you won't have any friends. Thinking you're superior to other people and not wanting to expose yourself to other viewpoints is what causes you not to have any friends. But she's lumped all the other students into the same drinking, clubbing, drug-taking, sleeping around category and refuses to have anyhing further to do with any of them. Instead she prefers to run home to mummy and daddy to play baby.
Exactly, omg.
I'm an introvert as well, I'm super shy, I don't drink, I don't like large gatherings of people. I still have a social life and I'm able to enjoy the social aspect of uni? I have a few uni friends I see one-on-one or in a small group, we go out for lunch or dinner, we go shopping, we go to the cinema or the park, we study together, we just hang out at each other's house and talk. I think this is normal for anyone. Even if you do enjoy drinking or clubbing or whatever it's not like you only socialize in those situations.
I think she has this very childish idea of friendship where you're best friends forever and you do everything together as a duo and no one else is allowed into your little club because everyone else is a mean bully who wears spaghetti strap tops and does cocaine. Hence why the only person she seems to want to interact with beside her parents is Blakeney, and she's so clingy and exhausting with her.

gossip_guy

VIP Member
It's not a negative whatever you do as long as it suits you!
Pretty sure it's a negative when going home for extended periods of time causes you to regress into childhood, fuels your obvious mental health issues and blatant eating disorder massively, and you then encourage impressionable viewers to act the same.

Someone going home a lot at uni is fine if that's what makes them happy. But Ruby's eating disorder and weird behaviour kicked into high gear when she moved back home last year. Buying a child's bed, wearing children's clothes, reading only children's books and eating baby food are not the positive, harmless actions of a normal adult just wanting to chill with their parents a lot. They're the actions of someone with massive mental problems.

If you spend a lot of time at home and are also a well-adjusted person, that's great! If Ruby were the same, this wouldn't be such a big point of discussion. But Ruby's not a well-adjusted person, and spending so much time obsessively reliant on the presence of her parents clearly isn't doing her any good.

Her need to be at home clearly isn't just homesickness. Running home at every opportunity, dragging her parents hundreds of miles to see her at every opportunity, making them take holidays near her just to see them, making them chaperone her on all her holidays and camping trips with her adult student friends, having her dad GPS track her at all times, writing endless letters to both her parents every couple of days isn't normal. It's compulsive behaviour. She's taking proudly about spending time away from her parents like she's 6 weeks sober from addiction. Tied with her eating disorder, it's a big red flag that she needs therapy.

Last edited:

buflesse

Chatty Member
Ruby says on IG she's been away from home for 6 weeks now which is the longest time ever for her. Genuine props to her for keeping it up! Homesickness can be a bitch.
It doesn't really count when you're constantly meeting up with your parents

• Haha
  • Heart

CatCafe234

VIP Member
The latest video feels like something she’s encountered in therapy and now wants to share it. Whilst there is a lot of truth in what she’s saying, I also think the whole StudyTube phenomenon (of which Ruby is a part) is part of the issue. They contribute towards whipping up this ridiculous hysteria about getting the ‘right’ grades to get into the ‘right’ course at the ‘right’ university, and it’s inevitable that pretty much anything is going to be a disappointment when you’ve built it up so much.

I also think that there’s a bit more self-reflection needed here on Ruby’s part. University is what it is, it’s not always great and it’s not always the right choice (or not the right choice at 18 …) but if you spend to your entire time there wishing it was something else (like school you can sleep at, with a sprinkling of being recognised as the brightest witch of your age …) then of course it’s going to be disappointing. I also think that this goes way deeper than Ruby being disappointed with uni. She’s disappointed with having to grow up, full stop. She’s disappointed that she had to leave school and grow into adulthood, and I can’t help but feel we’re going to get the same video for every major life stage (‘leaving home isn’t what I expected’, ‘getting a job won’t be the happiest time of your life’, ‘buying a house was disappointing’) until she sorts out whatever deep-seated issues she has.

xoxoxo13

VIP Member
Weight. Is. Not. An. Indicator. Of. An. Healthy. Relationship. With. Food.
which is why I mentioned the varied diet. also. if you go from looking healthy to a starving Victorian orphan in two years it is at the very least an indicator of a fucked up relationship with food. which matches the time-line of her watching an anorexic youtuber and her compulsive need to copy other people's personalities. No. Need. To. Get. Up. On. A. Soapbox. On. A. Trash. Gossip. Forum. Of. All. Places.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart