Ruby Granger #18 Still no deal with Waterstones but half her food was mailed from home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you think originally Ruby wasn’t invited but then because she was home they felt like they couldn’t leave her at home and not not invite her? Hence why Martha isn’t there either

Reactions: 14
Do you think originally Ruby wasn’t invited but then because she was home they felt like they couldn’t leave her at home and not not invite her? Hence why Martha isn’t there either
Idk, the girl sitting next to Ruby is (I believe) Ruby's cousin, I don't see why she'd be invited and not Ruby and Martha

Reactions: 6
I guess an explanation could be that martha is the one taking the picture
That’s what I thought.
Or Martha just doesn’t want to come
home that often (isn’t she even further away than Ruby?) and they’ll do another small celebration when she’s home.

Reactions: 13
this is about ruby's relationship with her parents and how messed up it is. no one is saying YOUR particular relationship with your parents is messed up.

Reactions: 10
Judging by Martha's recent Instagram livestream, she apparently wasn't made aware of the family trip to Devon until after the fact and didn't get invited.

Which seems par for the course - all family events are planned around Ruby, and her parents will happily drive hundreds of miles to chauffeur her around, but Martha has to get the train by herself to and from uni and is mostly an afterthought to her parents.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
I might be overanalysing a little, but did any of you think that her recent insta story of her panning around the table with other people was odd/disheartening? They all obviously (at least that's how it looked to me) turned away from the camera while she filmed them, and she proceeded to tag them, albeit in small font, in her story?

I feel like this shows me a couple of things:
1. She isn't across how other people perceive her vlogging etc, or she doesn't care. e.g. people obviously not wanting to be filmed + maybe thinking it's odd
2. She clings on to people immediately and makes them a part of her life? idk yes i know i'm overanalysing ahh but if i were a vlogger I would FOR SURE not film anyone who i just met/barely knew and even if i filmed close friends it would always be with permission/reciprocal engagement.

Idk it made me both sad for her and exasperated because it seems like she is clinging onto 'surface level' friends, while not actually understanding/caring how they perceive her actions

**EDIT** lol i think they are actually her cousins, but similar things apply re lack of consideration/understanding + clinging (now to family members)

Reactions: 16
I get being close with family and cousins but it's like her much younger cousins are her only steady friends. I remember that she was constantly hanging out with the kids of the family merrily during and before uni, whereas most people that age can't be arsed to be a part of the "kids table" anymore. I thought uni and a new environment would mean that she would branch out and find her people. She is clinging to the past so hard, she can't see she's missing out on her today.

Reactions: 16
I get being close with family and cousins but it's like her much younger cousins are her only steady friends. I remember that she was constantly hanging out with the kids of the family merrily during and before uni, whereas most people that age can't be arsed to be a part of the "kids table" anymore. I thought uni and a new environment would mean that she would branch out and find her people. She is clinging to the past so hard, she can't see she's missing out on her today.
It's also kinda concerning that her cousins/family friends are pretty much her only friends outside of Blakeney.

Not that people need a wealth of friends to be happy at all, but it's disconcerting that all of her major social connections outside of Blakeney consist of cousins and children of her parents' friends, so she's guaranteed that her parents will be there every time she interacts with anyone socially for any length of time.

And with Blakeney, if they meet up outside of uni, Ruby makes sure her parents are there, too. It's yet more of her intensely weird and unhealthy overreliance on her parents' presence.

Reactions: 11
Judging by Martha's recent Instagram livestream, she apparently wasn't made aware of the family trip to Devon until after the fact and didn't get invited.

Which seems par for the course - all family events are planned around Ruby, and her parents will happily drive hundreds of miles to chauffeur her around, but Martha has to get the train by herself to and from uni and is mostly an afterthought to her parents.
It doesn't do Ruby any favours - it seems like Martha is better off without that sort of coddling.

Not that it wouldn't still make Martha feel like an afterthought. I wonder if it hurts her feelings, while at the same time being relieved she doesn't get that sort of attention.

Reactions: 6
imagine if Marfa read here too. imagine her having right laugh while reading this with her mates xD

• Haha
Reactions: 13
It doesn't do Ruby any favours - it seems like Martha is better off without that sort of coddling.

Not that it wouldn't still make Martha feel like an afterthought. I wonder if it hurts her feelings, while at the same time being relieved she doesn't get that sort of attention.
True, but it makes you wonder how much of Martha's independence is her nature and how much is nurture, and a result of being ignored in favour of her self-absorbed, tantrum-throwing baby of an older sister for her entire life.

• Sad
Reactions: 30
I think Holly Gabrielle is showing us what Ruby will be like this time next year
But instead of re-creating other people's videos, Ruby will recreate her own - "following my First-year Routine as a graduate!" ad infinitum
She's got (at least) one property she is renting out. Her parents are clearly tuned into that kind of thing, are we meant to believe her dad won't have been helping her invest & make decisions from the second that first cheque came in? She'll be set for a very long time

I find it interesting that Ruby recently added this to her goodreads, given that Evanna Lynch recovered from anorexia. More ED baiting?

Screenshot_20211026-183504_Goodreads.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: 4
Remember a week ago when she posted her judgemental preachathon bodychecking video about how we must always wear nice things or our lives are meaningless and how she only wears nice, high quality wool tights and everyone should do the same?

She's wearing laddered tights in her Instagram posts again.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Why do Ruby's legs always look scarily thin in her own pictures/videos? Is this some weird editing or mode on her phone? She doesn't look /that/ skinny when she's tagged on pictures with her family (like the surfing pictures from the summer) or in her youtube videos. I feel like she does it on purpose so that people comment about it. There was one comment already about how thin she was now but it's been deleted.

Ohhh that book and that quote (presuming it’s from the book?) in her insta reel. She’s gearing up for the big announcement and subsequent recovery content, I’m sure of it now.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.