Ruby Granger #18 Still no deal with Waterstones but half her food was mailed from home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am even more late for this, but for "culotte", there's not really a way to write it for english speakers. I thought about it a lot and I didn't find any way to write the french "u" phonetic in english. It's a bit like the end of "q" (ueue?).
If anyone's familiar with the phonetic alphabet, it looks like this: [kylɔt]

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Screenshot_20211022-082934_Chrome.jpg

Remember, kids: Life is short, so make the most of it by doing the same thing you do all day, every day, really badly. Never improve at anything. Never learn to use your precious time more efficiently. Never go anywhere you haven't been before. Never try anything new. It's the Ruby Granger way of life!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Ruby says on IG she's been away from home for 6 weeks now which is the longest time ever for her. Genuine props to her for keeping it up! Homesickness can be a witch.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Ruby says on IG she's been away from home for 6 weeks now which is the longest time ever for her. Genuine props to her for keeping it up! Homesickness can be a witch.
It doesn't really count when you're constantly meeting up with your parents

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
OT, but seriously, can someone explain to me what on earth is going on in the UK right now? I don't live there, though I once did. Are there really no restrictions and it's just, "OK, whatever" for the rate of infections?

I have been waiting forever to return there to do some work in a library and gather documents that I left in a safe place when I did live there. Because it is nowhere near an airport, I've been delaying this for 1.5 years now. It has never really been OK to travel there. But I was hoping I could this winter. Now I think I have to beg again for an extension.

The people there are probably sick of me, but the one period where the trip might have been OK was the time I was having a surgery and recovering. Ugh... I'm so terrified to contact them again, but I want to be able to return to where I am living now! I can't afford a long quarantine in the UK, either. What a mess. Does the government not care how this affects people who would otherwise come and spend money in the UK? I'm pretty sure all my tax documents are there too, and I'm now going to have to ask the secretary to open my personal mail again and email them to me. I hate that, it feels wrong.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
OT, but seriously, can someone explain to me what on earth is going on in the UK right now? I don't live there, though I once did. Are there really no restrictions and it's just, "OK, whatever" for the rate of infections?

I have been waiting forever to return there to do some work in a library and gather documents that I left in a safe place when I did live there. Because it is nowhere near an airport, I've been delaying this for 1.5 years now. It has never really been OK to travel there. But I was hoping I could this winter. Now I think I have to beg again for an extension.

The people there are probably sick of me, but the one period where the trip might have been OK was the time I was having a surgery and recovering. Ugh... I'm so terrified to contact them again, but I want to be able to return to where I am living now! I can't afford a long quarantine in the UK, either. What a mess. Does the government not care how this affects people who would otherwise come and spend money in the UK? I'm pretty sure all my tax documents are there too, and I'm now going to have to ask the secretary to open my personal mail again and email them to me. I hate that, it feels wrong.
(We’re f********)

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Yeah things are a bit messed up right now.

Is there someone you can trust to mail all the stuff to you? It would definiely work out cheaper and possibly quicker than travelling here in person.

Reactions: 3
Yeah things are a bit messed up right now.

Is there someone you can trust to mail all the stuff to you? It would definiely work out cheaper and possibly quicker than travelling here in person.
Yeah, I suppose that's going to have to happen. Infections are rising here too, but I was shocked when I checked the UK again. Sorry for ranting!

Reactions: 7
OT, but seriously, can someone explain to me what on earth is going on in the UK right now?
A perfect storm of 11 years of austerity, Brexit and a Tory government during a pandemic. Best not to come back in case you get stuck here.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Where's the lie tho:
Untitled.png

And the irony of one of the replies:
Untitled 2.png

Living away from home has never stopped Ruby from not getting the full experience either.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
View attachment 822686

Remember, kids: Life is short, so make the most of it by doing the same thing you do all day, every day, really badly. Never improve at anything. Never learn to use your precious time more efficiently. Never go anywhere you haven't been before. Never try anything new. It's the Ruby Granger way of life!
I want to comment ‘death’ every single time she does this. In the Ruby-sphere the worst thing to happen probably is either rain or no rain depending on her mood. Or maybe for the months to go straight from September to November.

Reactions: 8
Mommy,

I'm returning home for reading week please will you or father met off the train as I will need help with my trunk.
I will also need to restock my tuck box. So we will need to arrange a shopping trip some one in my class was saying about a shop called aldi is that like m&s or wholefood.

Also Blankney has misplaced all the matches and lighters again she's so silly so I will need to get more as otherwise I can not work by candle light BTW I found a use for the LG laptop it covers up that burn mark on my desk perfectly.

See you on Saturday morning I Will be there promt at 7am.

Your darling daughter
Ruby

• Haha
Reactions: 48
After all the discussion abou her touching books, here it is, her most recent post on Instagram. Hi Roobees!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
After all the discussion abou her touching books, here it is, her most recent post on Instagram. Hi Roobees!

I love how she’s making an effort to paw at non-children’s-books, it adds an aura of mystery to her videos. Could she ACTUALLY be reading something that’s longer than 8 pages? Could she be *gasp* looking up some of the words she misuses on a daily basis? Out of a real dictionary that also (be still my heart) provides phonetic transcription? 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I love how she’s making an effort to paw at non-children’s-books, it adds an aura of mystery to her videos. Could she ACTUALLY be reading something that’s longer than 8 pages? Could she be *gasp* looking up some of the words she misuses on a daily basis? Out of a real dictionary that also (be still my heart) provides phonetic transcription? 😱
I wish! She's probably just pointing at it/rubbing her finger on the cover and will never pick it up or read it.

She also did that in that last Waterstones video when browsing all manner of books she'll never read and didn't understand - any time when all she needed to do was point to a book, she still couldn't keep herself from tapping and prodding the cover or spine for no reason whatsoever.

Also, after it was pointed out how stupid it was that she only uses rain hats instead of an actual umbrella, she went and bought an "autominal" umbrella, and shows it off with a smug grimace:

Screenshot_20211022-093833_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
The way she is posing her pointing finger reminds me of E.T. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Also, while I’m here and have a bev in hand, can we just talk once more about her obnoxious use of emojis? She’s on her way home for reading week, and I quote, ”😇😇😇😇”. What does that even bleeping mean? She’s better than all of us because 1) she’s taking the train for bleeping once, 2) she’s going to be READING next week unlike us plebs, 3) other, please specify? (lol the premise is she’s better than us, we all know she’s a smug witch)

I use 😇 exclusively for passive-aggressive ”duck you” purposes, please let me know if there’s another way to interpret it.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.